Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

How Wonderful! posted:

That's funny, my copy has a recipe in it. Let me dig it up.

Dang special editions!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

Gripweed posted:

So they've done a Spider-Totem thing with the Hulk? The Hulk is part magic now?

Always has been. It's rare that people will remember, but every so often someone has Bruce Banner follow some ghosts or something, because seeing them is a thing he can do.

Karma Tornado
Dec 21, 2007

The worst kind of tornado.

Hulk could always see Dr Strange's astral projection, too, but that's basically a ghost

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

I think part of the issue with Last Hunt is stories have been cribbing from it for decades which is always part of the problem when you have something that's super influential. It absolutely I think holds up, but the more it gets revisited or the more you have a Spider-Man villain act like, say, a Miller Daredevil villain which was a huge deal the less impact it has.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
my favorite part of last hunt is that like 30 years later grim hunt came out and i remember that being kind of fun, especially the part where the extended spider family beat up a bunch of aristocrats

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Grim Hunt was an embarrassing display.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
so's Independence Day, but that doesn't keep it from being entertaining

Conversely I never really got the appeal of Last Hunt other than nice art and being really really moody.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
it is quite honestly amazing how al ewing manages to make a great comic that is nothing but event tie-ins from new avengers 7 all the way til the end of usavengers. marvel editorial hosed him over completely and he still pulled it off. imagine what he could do if he had the leeway to have an avengers book that was totally untethered from events. loving phenominal

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

site posted:

it is quite honestly amazing how al ewing manages to make a great comic that is nothing but event tie-ins from new avengers 7 all the way til the end of usavengers. marvel editorial hosed him over completely and he still pulled it off. imagine what he could do if he had the leeway to have an avengers book that was totally untethered from events. loving phenominal

He sorta did that with Ultimates (though that had a Civil War 2 tie-in)

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

glitchwraith posted:

I'm not sure I've ever seen Ms. Marvel go skyscraper sized, though she did have to fight a giant, magic clone of her civilian self once that was about that big.

She does in the game.

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

We went out for lunch and then we stopped for some bubble tea.
Was Empyre good? That as Ewing right? I only read the X tie ins.

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...
It was Ewing and Dan Slott (and it's very easy to tell which bits are which). It's no Ultimates or Immortal Hulk but it is far better than it has any right to be.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Skwirl posted:

He sorta did that with Ultimates (though that had a Civil War 2 tie-in)

And the tie-in gave us the eternally wonderful moment of America samshing Carol in the face with a steel chair over it.

:allears:

Karma Tornado
Dec 21, 2007

Ultimates may have only had to tie in to one event but it also got renumbered, retitled, and ended with an issue with the numbering of every previous book called "Ultimates" put together because it fell victim to every Marvel "good luck figuring out what order the trades go in" quirk in a row

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

im so loving tired

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Synthbuttrange posted:

im so loving tired

Incredibly hosed that you cropped the other half of that scene in which he also summon the surfer’s board which is currently a sword and then fuses them together into a great axe. Or how the reason he’s glowing is because he’s also harnessing the captain universe energy which BY THE WAY is also a symbiote

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Incredibly hosed that you cropped the other half of that scene in which he also summon the surfer’s board which is currently a sword and then fuses them together into a great axe. Or how the reason he’s glowing is because he’s also harnessing the captain universe energy which BY THE WAY is also a symbiote

that all sounds insanely badass

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Thanks I hate it.

Drakyn
Dec 26, 2012

You know, when I was little, what I liked about Venom was that he was Spider-man but with teeth. I feel like this is gilding the lily a little bit.
Or maybe pouring a tailings pond on it.

Karma Tornado
Dec 21, 2007

that feels like something somebody would mention offhand in a crowd shot like deep into Paradise X

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Drakyn posted:

You know, when I was little, what I liked about Venom was that he was Spider-man but with teeth. I feel like this is gilding the lily a little bit.
Or maybe pouring a tailings pond on it.

Venom being Spider-Man with teeth is a good play on words, because he both has literal teeth and also is more hard hitting and brutal in his style of fighting crime.

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...
I'm so beyond done with Donny Cates' pulling from other authors to show how much better his project is in incredibly hamfisted ways.

I'm going to listen to some Babblebrook Inn.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Sorry but the King in Black is here to stay and will shape the Marvel Universe for decades to come

Lmao no it won’t

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

None of this would be happening if Eddie Brock had just checked his sources on the Sin-Eater story more diligently.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I liked it when Venom was street level.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
the best thing about empyre was the reminder that for the last 40 years or so of stories that took place in the blue area of the moon, there was an entire race of plant people living there who were always just off-panel.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Codependent Poster posted:

I liked it when Venom was street level.

I like when him and Carnage went into the internet and fought each other on every screen in times square.

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas
Venom should get back online and post here, I want some answers from that guy.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

How Wonderful! posted:

Venom should get back online and post here, I want some answers from that guy.

He's been banned from every major site for threats of violence. Couldn't stop threatening to eat people's brains.

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas
We HUNGER...for.... MORE JASON TODD!!!!

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
King in Black could be cool if it wasn't A) Eddie Brock and B) Constantly trying to convince you that it's cool, which cool things never do.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Venom is always the best when he's a weirdo loser nerd. Eddie having the symbiote look like Zubaz pants or basically any of the stuff from the movie is the good Venom. Serious, bad rear end venom sucks.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Venom should morph into Rad Eddie and challenge Knull to a skate off

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

I liked when Flash was Venom and just cruising around with the GoTG

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Jiro posted:

I liked when Flash was Venom and just cruising around with the GoTG

Except when they did that klintar bullshit.

RevolverDivider
Nov 12, 2016

Flash Venom was best Venom, Space Venom sucks though.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Rhyno posted:

Except when they did that klintar bullshit.

That was neat in concept, but yeah it was.........not good.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Sorry but the King in Black is here to stay and will shape the Marvel Universe for decades to come

Lmao no it won’t

Knull is his Mantis. It's very sad.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
you can draw a straight line from the klyntar to knull so it's objectively bad now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

site posted:

you can draw a straight line from the klyntar to knull so it's objectively bad now

Yeah but thanks to Coates you can do that with almost anything now.