Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Question.
This poll is closed.
Yes. 76 50.67%
No. 74 49.33%
Total: 127 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
Just finished watching the video in its entirety. IANAL, but it was very "nice" of those two loving pigs to say all of that legally-actionable poo poo at the end, trying to cover their own asses by using implicit threats to his career.

I hope he bankrupts that loving department.

Unfortunately lovely cops also learn things from situations like this, and what's going to be collectively drummed into their heads is "don't make small talk when you know you've hosed up, make sure they're still scared of you because, remember, you're GOD."

BIG HEADLINE fucked around with this message at 04:55 on Apr 12, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Just finished watching the video in its entirety. IANAL, but it was very "nice" of those two loving pigs to say all of that legally-actionable poo poo at the end, trying to cover their own asses by using implicit threats to his career.

Unfortunately lovely cops also learn things from situations like this, and what's going to be collectively drummed into their heads is "don't make small talk when you know you've hosed up, make sure they're still scared of you because, remember, you're GOD."

Actions today say the lesson so far has been shoot first and ask questions later.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
It's like that thing where if you give a sociopath therapy you just end up teaching them how to appear normal

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
I really do love the second amendment crowd constantly masturbating over the mere possibility of someone having a gun being more than enough justification for execution on the streets by agents of the state.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
Yup, gun owners are all chuds.

Never change, thread.

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

Godholio posted:

Never change, thread.

https://twitter.com/gregkellyusa/status/1381395949545734145?s=21

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Eej posted:

It's like that thing where if you give a sociopath therapy you just end up teaching them how to appear normal

Oddly just watched this before reading the past few posts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kT9FYd-YcIY

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Godholio posted:

Never change, thread.

No one said that

All anyone said is that cops are scum

PeterCat
Apr 8, 2020

Believe women.

If the LT had been shot this would have been used as justification for the shooting, even though they eventually let him go with his weapon.

One thing that sticks out to me in the bodycam footage is how little situational awareness the police have. For people who act like every day is like going on patrol in Fallujah, once they've got the LT in cuffs they seem to lose all worry about any other threats.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

It’s been pointed out it’s legal in that state.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Crab Dad posted:

Philando Castile was a licensed gun owner.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Crab Dad posted:

Also apparently if he was an MP MOS it’d be legal in every state? I was a little confused on that law cited on Twitter.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

PeterCat posted:

For people who act like every day is like going on patrol in Fallujah, once they've got the LT in cuffs they seem to lose all worry about any other threats.

The only thing that matters to them is their *inflicting* themselves on whatever target "Other" they've decided is worth their attention and ire at that particular moment.

Something else happens? Meh, that's someone else's problem and paperwork. Besides, they were also in a well-lit area. :troll:

You could almost make a drinking game out of the amount of times the word "minority" was said. I'm still getting over the bootlicking EMT who was stanning for the cops, too.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Thread reminder: Greg Kelly is the munchkin chud who claims smoking weed once caused him to black out for four days and wake up in Kenya.

Edit: I point to videos like this and the Portland execution whenever someone says only the police should have guns.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

BIG HEADLINE posted:

You could almost make a drinking game out of the amount of times the word "minority" was said. I'm still getting over the bootlicking EMT who was stanning for the cops, too.

People might not like hearing it, but a sizable number of EMTs and Firefighters are bootlickers and chuddy as hell. Especially in smaller locales like this one.

It's pretty depressing when you see it in the wild too :smith:

Arven
Sep 23, 2007
You just know the current administration response is gonna be "officers need more training", as if sensitivity training has ever done anything for anyone ever in the history of mankind.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Arven posted:

You just know the current administration response is gonna be "officers need more training", as if sensitivity training has ever done anything for anyone ever in the history of mankind.

The problem is, all the money they're spending on training is training designed to make them behave more violently and aggressively.

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

Handsome Ralph posted:

People might not like hearing it, but a sizable number of EMTs and Firefighters are bootlickers and chuddy as hell. Especially in smaller locales like this one.

I've known some racist as gently caress firefighters. Didn't someone on here have a story about inheriting a relatives house in Mississippi or whatever and received friendly advice from the neighbors, "if you rent it to black people it's going to be really unfortunate the VFD didn't have the response time to save the house."

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Hey, does your planet have wiper fluid yet or you gonna freak out and start worshiping us?

hobbesmaster posted:

Also apparently if he was an MP MOS it’d be legal in every state? I was a little confused on that law cited on Twitter.

You'd need to have an active DOD/Military ID that specifically states you are a "qualified military law enforcement officer", issued by your command, etc. Not just the regular mil ID. Plus having fulfilled all the other requirements before doing so.

But for purposes of the Act...

quote:

"Regardless of the Soldiers’ current assignment, for the purpose of this directive and 18 U.S.C. § 926B(c)(2), Soldiers in the 31 series military occupational specialty; credentialed 35L, 351L, or 35E series counterintelligence (CI) agents; and Department of the Army Civilian Police (DACP) who meet all other requirements under 18 U.S.C. § 926B(c) will be considered “authorized by the Army to carry a firearm.” While these individuals are considered to be “authorized by the Army to carry a firearm,” this does not amend already established law and policy, including procedures in Army Regulation 190-14, governing the process of when and how military police, credentialed CI agents, and DACPs are armed. That is, “authorized by the Army to carry a firearm” means the individual is eligible to carry.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Soylent Pudding posted:

I've known some racist as gently caress firefighters. Didn't someone on here have a story about inheriting a relatives house in Mississippi or whatever and received friendly advice from the neighbors, "if you rent it to black people it's going to be really unfortunate the VFD didn't have the response time to save the house."

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hamlet_chicken_processing_plant_fire

quote:

Emergency response was delayed because telephones inside the building could not be used. The plant owner's son drove to the fire station and informed them there that the factory was on fire but did not say that workers were still in the plant.[3] More than 100 medical and emergency service personnel went to the scene,[1] some of whom ran from a local hospital, and nearby towns provided emergency evacuation for the injured via four air ambulances from the local hospital to nearby burns units.[2]

The response came under heavy criticism. Fire Chief Fuller, in charge of the emergency response, refused help several times from the Dobbins Heights fire department, five minutes away from the plant. The Dobbins Heights Fire Department was composed of African-American volunteers and most of the workers were also black, and there were allegations of racial prejudice from the Fire Chief. Fuller has defended his decision, saying at the time he refused assistance and did not realize the doors were locked, adding "In a fire like this you need good, seasoned people." Witnesses have also said that there were only two oxygen tanks on site to help smoke-inhalation victims.[7]

Fuller was asked to evaluate the emergency response for investigators. He said he felt there were "more than adequate numbers of personnel and equipment given the layout of the incident site".[2]

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

Handsome Ralph posted:

Not even necessarily smaller locales. Anecdotes are not data, but in the 90s I was a volunteer EMT in college with a bunch of people from NY, and half of our department was guys from Staten Island and Long Island salivating for a chance to be NYPD and saw any public safety work as their way in. They would also hang out at the campus PD (which was technically a department of the state police) instead of in our offices.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Mr. Nice! posted:

The problem is, all the money they're spending on training is training designed to make them behave more violently and aggressively.

Its this. They brining in more of the warrior cop jackasses.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

HB doing HB things

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6qdes354jE

https://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/local/white-lives-matter-rally-in-huntington-beach/2570704/

there will be a lot of footage surfacing the next few days I'm sure. Can't find much on YouTube. If you're on instagram, @vishal.p.singh (lefty journalist) has a bunch of footage

them "arresting" the white supremacist dude for assault was too much (or little, rather). The ol' pat on the shoulder, calmly walks him to a nice quiet area, whispering sweet nothings

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

how did y'all like the Q documentary btw?

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

As someone who’s been tracking QAnon since early 2018 there’s nothing totally revelatory in it for me (about to start the 5th episode) but the Watkins family makes my loving skin crawl and I could have gone my entire life without actually seeing them. Jim Watkins looks like he’s perennially posing for his photo to be taken for the sex offender registry and his son gives off major mass shooter vibes.

It’s hard to think of a father-son combo who have done so much damage together.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

I haven't started it yet, but it is kinda funny to hear people out and about "oh man have you seen the Q documentary?" when we've been talking about it for a while now. Thinking back to that Las Vegas SWAT dude that took that press photo with the Q patch, lol.

Wonder how many mil dudes have a Q patch on their kit

Oxygenpoisoning
Feb 21, 2006

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

If you’re talking about HBO’s Q: Into the Storm, it’s pretty good. Cullen Hoback is a good interviewer, and got most of the major people who benefited from Q on camera. He also got a lot of interview time with Ron Watkins, and catches Ron throughout saying absolutely stupid things that make it obvious he’s lying (beyond that clip that was floating around a week or two back).

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
lol
https://twitter.com/JakeSherman/status/1381603972667080704?s=19

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

BIG HEADLINE posted:

that was a good part, but I also liked:

"you fixin' to ride the lightning son" (literally never heard that before tbh)

and

"you received an order, obey it"

"I'm honestly afraid to get out"

"yeah, you should be"

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

man, I remember watching COPS as a kid, and they're shaking this dude down for whatever. Dude runs off, and this shlubby-rear end cop gives chase and yells "stop or I'll shoot"

even as a kid, I stopped and went "can they do that"

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
lmbo Glenn Greenwald is posting in defense of Matt Gaetz and ooh boy is, "Actually it's ephobophilia and technically legal in several states" quite the defense

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

I had hoped the contrarian take would be “using a law originally known as the white slavery act in 2021 is kinda hosed up”

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
https://twitter.com/isaiah_bb/status/1381433327685529602?s=19

https://twitter.com/EGirlMonetarism/status/1381412229690580998?s=19

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah

yikes

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

This is hilarious as yesterday I got told in CSPAM that if I thought Greenwald was poo poo I was a supporter of the CIA and their regime changes.

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

Imagine having to "well technically" a pedophilia accusation and the best you can come up with is resurrecting phrases people have never heard in their lifetime.

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah
We should be normal and enlightened about sex like the Brits, French, and Germans.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
So GG is a pedo. Got it.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof
"I am from Germany, where the age of consent is 14."
"Jesus, is it the Alabama of Europe?
"In many ways, yes, but that is something we can talk about in bed.""

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

ASAPI posted:

Imagine having to "well technically" a pedophilia accusation and the best you can come up with is resurrecting phrases people have never heard in their lifetime.

I love how easy it is to bait these guys out and hope the replies to that greenwald tweet are being archived for future watchlist use