Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
They pulled him over for having an air freshener blocking his rear view mirror.

Can you even loving imagine trying to make this bullshit up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

I would suspect there are a few higher-up section editors, or managing editor(s), or even the EIC that keep insisting on these things getting changed. Going from "officer kills" to "officer shoots someone, who was killed" is absolutely the kind of a poo poo an awful and lovely EIC would throw down at the copy editors working on headlines.

I have not worked in the Times or in a newspaper in over a decade but the pattern of those 'editing the NYT' tweets suggests something like that.

in other news I went to my office for the first time since...December? the weather was nice this morning, it was productive at work, got to get a coffee and chat with a friend/former team member (he's now running a team of his own), and on the whole seeing other people in social situations is something that I've missed. I can't believe I'm this close to saying "I miss going to the office" but here we are. a pandemic will do a lot to your psyche.

also we officially get our condo keys on Friday :toot:

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
Moderna shot 1- 5 minute wait at Walmart, not even the first hint of a symptom

Shot 2 yesterday- 2 hour wait at Walmart, arm started locking up as afternoon went on, sudden attack of fever chills and shakes so bad last night I thought I was going to pull or break something. At one point was just latched onto wife and riding it out like we were on a boat in heavy swells. Ended up getting under 3 blankets and a heating pad, which finally eliminated the shakes but made me worry I was going to cook myself. Woke up this morning with a worse hangover feeling than any hangover in the last 20 years.

Wife didn't get it as bad, but she said she was so achy this morning "even my tits hurt".

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

They pulled him over for having an air freshener blocking his rear view mirror.

Can you even loving imagine trying to make this bullshit up.

What’s the source on this? Still his mom or did they release the video?

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

GD_American posted:

Moderna shot 1- 5 minute wait at Walmart, not even the first hint of a symptom

Shot 2 yesterday- 2 hour wait at Walmart, arm started locking up as afternoon went on, sudden attack of fever chills and shakes so bad last night I thought I was going to pull or break something. At one point was just latched onto wife and riding it out like we were on a boat in heavy swells. Ended up getting under 3 blankets and a heating pad, which finally eliminated the shakes but made me worry I was going to cook myself. Woke up this morning with a worse hangover feeling than any hangover in the last 20 years.

Wife didn't get it as bad, but she said she was so achy this morning "even my tits hurt".

It is really fascinating how these vaccines affect people so completely differently.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

*unconfirmed*

But I heard from someone I know who is very involved in Twin Cities organizing that the officer in question has committed suicide.

Edit:

They just updates that it is most likely false.

Nevermind nothing to see here.

Paint Crop Pro fucked around with this message at 15:28 on Apr 12, 2021

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/shaun_vids/status/1381225754315386881?s=20

SundayMoney
Feb 21, 2006

The face of the new economy
Just joined the pfizer crew, they are doing them at Louisville cardinal stadium as a mass vaccine site. Super easy and now to see if I get any symptoms.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I'm getting my second pfizer shot Friday and I'm extremely excited / nervous as heck (for side effects).

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
I had been joking about collecting them all like Pokemon but now gently caress that garbage

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

https://twitter.com/KelgoreTrout/status/1381519582741950466?s=19

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
Finally got an appointment scheduled, going to be joining the Moderna Mob.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Manoueverable posted:

Finally got an appointment scheduled, going to be joining the Moderna Mob.

Moderna Mafia welcomes you, brother Manoueverable.

The Juggernaut
Nov 29, 2005

Is there a dedicated thread to this topshot phenomenon? This is the first I've heard of it and I like easy money.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

The Juggernaut posted:

Is there a dedicated thread to this topshot phenomenon? This is the first I've heard of it and I like easy money.

Its in Armchair QB

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
i don't get it

Nov 6, 2002

Nick Jr. Face posted:

i don't get it

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
I think it's a person who makes a habit of loving military/police wives and got flowers as basically a fancy "heyy" text

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Just a little oopsie!

https://twitter.com/TheoKeith/status/1381655822787346435

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Realized seeing that it's been over a decade since the Oakland BART cop used this as a defense.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

I don't believe this for a loving second.

Nov 6, 2002

her

all the chuds nod in unison: there's the problem

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
That one's got to be way down the line of the whole police-officer-negligent-homicide excuse flow chart.

I'm normally pretty okay about my job but between not getting to hang out with the coworkers that I genuinely like and dealing with some really miserable personalities I'm having a rough stretch of it.

I've got a ton of people right now who are just looking to take everything out on everyone, and so even more than usual it's just having to spend 8 hours of active listening to "Man yells at cloud."

Eifert Posting fucked around with this message at 18:48 on Apr 12, 2021

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Bird in a Blender posted:

It's almost certainly a lie, but I also believe cops are perfectly capable of being that dumb/bad at their job.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Of course its a loving lie, but even if we decide to interact with it they should be defunded for being dangerously incompetent loving knock-kneed morons.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Skwirl posted:

It's almost certainly a lie, but I also believe cops are perfectly capable of being that dumb/bad at their job.

In the presser the chief said that on the body cam she yells "TAZER! TAZER!", then shoots the guy, then says "Oh poo poo I just shot him"

https://twitter.com/rljourno/status/1381655439633420292

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Hot Diggity! posted:

In the presser the chief said that on the body cam she yells "TAZER! TAZER!", then shoots the guy, then says "Oh poo poo I just shot him"

LeeMajors posted:

Of course its a loving lie, but even if we decide to interact with it they should be defunded for being dangerously incompetent loving knock-kneed morons.

It's just evidence that cops shouldn't loving have guns in the first place.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

We live in a post irony society

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1381665042068865034?s=19

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Skwirl posted:

It's just evidence that cops shouldn't loving have guns in the first place.

Oh totally. If we aren't going to defund them we need to disarm them.

Unfuckingbelievable. Without even a second of reflection or awareness. Not one.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Hot Diggity! posted:

Ok, so it wasn't a lie. She's just monumentally lovely at her job and it cost someone their life.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Holy poo poo.

Even assuming its true how do you gently caress that up.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
I believe the Police Department's official stance that she loving sucks at her job and got a person killed

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Paint Crop Pro posted:

Holy poo poo.

Even assuming its true how do you gently caress that up.

Like you never accidently used a permanent marker while writing on a dry erase board.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Ok, so it wasn't a lie. She's just monumentally lovely at her job and it cost someone their life.

I think we should give them more money, for training

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

My bad I meant to give the patient Tylenol but instead gave them fentanol.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

Skwirl posted:

Like you never accidently used a permanent marker while writing on a dry erase board.

If you write over it with a dry erase marker, it's supposed to erase.

So maybe if they try tazing that guy now...

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice

Skwirl posted:

that poor dry erase board had a family

Nov 6, 2002

Skwirl posted:

This argument will probably be used in court.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Thing is, tasing him would have been a gross misuse of force anyways and grounds for a lawsuit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Ben Nevis posted:

If you write over it with a dry erase marker, it's supposed to erase.

So maybe if they try tazing that guy now...

Oh that’s why AEDs work - it all makes sense now