Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr_Strangelove
Dec 16, 2003

Mein Fuhrer! THEY WON!

DC Murderverse posted:

“I should not have invoked the specter of terrorism, I want it made clear that I do not actually believe that these women are terrorists.

I do however believe they are lying extortionists. Please someone hire me”

do not read the replies on that tweet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

half cocaine
Jul 22, 2019

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QW6U7O_k9tI&t=54s

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Well ESPN.com has chosen today to make Watson’s accusations the major headline.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
FWIW, I’ve only seen it actually being addressed at all on NFL Network shows within the last few days. And even that was with a “Hey, we’re talking about the AFC South and can’t completely ignore what’s happening in Houston” vibe going on...

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

It has been 27 days since March 16th.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

To the shock of no one, a Deshaun Watson trade is not going to happen:

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10001281-deshaun-watson-trade-rumors-teams-previously-eyeing-qb-have-removed-themselves

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

You're really underselling the terrible job they did here

quote:

The dual narratives around Deshaun Watson's massages
An ESPN examination of lawsuits filed against Watson and interviews with six others who were hired to massage him reveal a complex portrait of a man on a seemingly insatiable hunt for massage therapy.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Whew, glad it's only an insatiable appetite for massage therapy and definitely nothing else!

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

fast cars loose anus posted:

Hahaah what the gently caress man

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

:staredog: holy poo poo

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
Screenshot just in case they realize what they've done later

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Was gonna say it's generally good to remember that people who write articles don't get to write headlines, but yeah reading it they both sides the hell out of that.

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

"I wish ESPN would report on what's going on with Watson, it looks pretty bad!"

*monkey's paw curls a finger*

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

On one hand dozens of sexual assault allegations.

On the other hand, wow I just like flying in tons of massage therapists to give me exactly 1 massage and then send them weird, easily misconstrued text messages, totally nothing odd about that!

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Oh my gooooooood.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

One man

One hunger

50 masseuses

This summer, Deshaun Watson is......

STIFF

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Bob Socko posted:

lol

ESPN doesn't want anything to do with anything that can't be explained by Mike Greenberg in a 1:30 segment so it must have been like pulling teeth to get them to acknowledge this.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
I wasn’t aware that Buzbee somehow got access to text messages from one of the women who DEFENDED Watson and they’re talking about how she’s heard bad things about Watson from people and says to avoid him.

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

For we'll fight with a vim
that is dead sure to win.

Grittybeard posted:

Was gonna say it's generally good to remember that people who write articles don't get to write headlines, but yeah reading it they both sides the hell out of that.

That line is also a direct quotation of the article itself.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

King Hong Kong posted:

That line is also a direct quotation of the article itself.

Yeah I was initially thinking I'd give it the benefit of the doubt, but...welp.

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era
What's so hosed up is that they don't even have to say Watson is a piece of poo poo, even though we all know he likely is. They can just report the accusations and talk about what the victims went through and the ramifications of all this. They don't have to pass judgement.

Instead of doing any of that, they just go out of their way to defend him. It's so frustrating and also not surprising.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Screenshot just in case they realize what they've done later

Jfc

solarjetman
Jan 27, 2001

Fun Shoe
I like how it's not a stretch of editorial judgment to say "seemingly insatiable hunt for massage therapy" but it would be to say "there's only one reason for doing this that fits any known pattern of human behavior"

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

This summer

One man

Has an insatiable appetite for

Massage therapy

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Sports "journalism"

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Bob Socko posted:

Honestly this is exactly what I thought of when people were saying that they were disappointed that sports media wasn’t reporting on this. Do we REALLY want these people creating the narrative around this?

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret
Some people don’t know what to believe if Stephen A. Smith doesn’t yell it at them.

half cocaine
Jul 22, 2019

Why read anything but the athletic or defector? Stop wasting your time.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

half cocaine posted:

Some people are masochist who listen to sports radio and ESPN cause that's what dad and grandpa did.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

half cocaine posted:

I will if you post the articles here

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

half cocaine posted:

Sometimes its nice to look at ESPN for a nice small bite of news, it's a like easy to make baloney sandwich that you can digest until you have time for the perfectly made steak meal that is The Athletic.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Athletic is great. Letting that free trial start a subscription was a great mistake. They even have mr a promo price instead of hitting me for max price for the full year

It’s a wonderful time killer when you’re out and about but suddenly have to wait in line or for work related stuff. Good targeted articles and a super easy to navigate app.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

Amy Pole Her posted:

Athletic is great. Letting that free trial start a subscription was a great mistake. They even have mr a promo price instead of hitting me for max price for the full year

It’s a wonderful time killer when you’re out and about but suddenly have to wait in line or for work related stuff. Good targeted articles and a super easy to navigate app.

Yeah I got a month for their draft book but honestly I'm just going to let it ride. I really like their Bengals beat writers.

half cocaine
Jul 22, 2019

The Athletics article this morning on the dumpster fire that is Jose Mourinho is Art.

Nevermind that amazing Eagles article.

Also Holy poo poo I had no idea soccer coaches made that much money.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
How much do you have to pay someone to get on a plane to give you a massage? This seems highly irregular.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

The most ludicrous part of the story was always him flying in masseuses BECAUSE of Covid.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

I could almost buy Watson needing a ton of a massages, but ESPN didn't even question why an athlete of his caliber would be seeking so many inexperienced and underqualified massage therapists.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Let he who has not hired dozens of massage therapists lookin' for a handy throw the first stone. *wheels in wheelbarrow full of stones with sign on that says STONES $5*

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Quiet Feet posted:

Let he who has not hired dozens of massage therapists lookin' for a handy throw the first stone. *wheels in wheelbarrow full of stones with sign on that says STONES $5*

(Robert Kraft zips by & buys the whole lot, then drives away maniacally).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

wyoak posted:

Jaromir Jagr but it wasn’t a woman saying anything non-consensual occurred, she asked for hush money about them sleeping together and he said no, release the pic

Jagr owns, always has, always will. He is still playing for his hometown team, which he owns.