Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
Moist Talkers eliminate the Crabs!

Wings vs Talkers for the Series, either way it's gonna be messy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Entropic posted:

Moist Talkers eliminate the Crabs!

Wings vs Talkers for the Series, either way it's gonna be messy.

The MT's greatest weakness, the Wild Card team

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
WET v WILD

Talkers 1 win from their second championship now!

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
:toot:💦

InnercityGriot
Dec 31, 2008
There's apparently two teams going for spite wills against the Crabs, so they pissed everyone off to sell out for one season, got destroyed by consumers, and now are at risk of getting their pitching stolen in tomorrow's election. Nice work dudes

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
please be chill about blaseball and don't genuinely get upset to the point where you're accusing a team of somehow 'selling out'

InnercityGriot
Dec 31, 2008
Maybe sell out was the wrong choice of words, I mean go all in with no regard and get hilariously punished for the hubris

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company
I love the generally chill vibes around blaseball but I'm less of a fan of how often - and I'm not accusing anyone here of doing it, I'm just saying it's a trend I've spotted across platforms - the "please be chill and touch some grass" response is deployed as a more polite way of saying "don't disagree with me on the best way to participate in the game, I'm right and you should shut up"

alpha_destroy
Mar 23, 2010

Billy Butler: Fat Guy by Day, Doubles Machine by Night
I'm so excited for the election today. Expecting some fun shenanigans. As long as Winnie doesn't get stolen, it's gonna be a good election i think.

blastron
Dec 11, 2007

Don't doodle on it!

SIBR figured out how to see each team’s current Wills vote tallies and I hate it. It’s secret by design and revealing it significantly changes how votes are cast. Some forbidden knowledge should remain forbidden!

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

blastron posted:

SIBR figured out how to see each team’s current Wills vote tallies and I hate it. It’s secret by design and revealing it significantly changes how votes are cast. Some forbidden knowledge should remain forbidden!

You can look at your team's Will percentages with an Apple (the snack, not the computer brand).

You can look at other team's Will percentages by asking someone who has an Apple.

Stats available in game is not Forbidden Knowledge.

Nick Buntline
Dec 20, 2007
Doesn't know the impossible.

blastron posted:

Do you mean the percentages or the actual numbers? Because the former is just an apple stat now (and a lot of people were already doing the "cast X votes, see how the percentages change, math out the underlying numbers" thing). The wills viewer thing does let you see other teams values, which is less surfacable, but with the fluting changes it's not really like you can affect them, and I'm pretty sure they've added a separate one for just your team.

It's probably a bit much, but like spying in real baseball the actual effect is probably negligible.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Also letting teams see how many votes they're receiving lets them try to counterplay "off-plan" votes. Same thing with renovations.

Not sure how the game is improved by leaving those obscured.

blastron
Dec 11, 2007

Don't doodle on it!

Oh, dang, I didn’t know Wills percentages were on Apples. I’ve never had both of them at the same time.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Rofl all players seemingly wander to the shoe thieves.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Don't think that election could've gone worse for the Mills. Hope the Mints like looking over their shoulders for the rest of the game.

alpha_destroy
Mar 23, 2010

I would have liked a blessing obviously, but I am still very impressed with the Mints' organizing on their wills. Look at those vote percentages.

Operation Plasma going off without a hitch, just wonderful stuff.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Moist Talkers got two of our best players traded for ticking time bombs: Fish Summer for York Silk; PolkaDot Patterson for Sixpack Dogwalker so that's gonna be tough to rebound from but hopefully both of their killswitches activate and we just have a tighter team

But also we got h2o blood so can't complain, at all.

Macdoo
Jul 24, 2012

Bad Tabletop Opinions Haver
Very happy with the outcomes for the worms. Especially the shadow pitching buff

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Exactly one Flower got a non-standard bat and he's in the rotation

god I love this game sometimes

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
This is the second time the Georgias wimdy stole a popular player from the Lovers lol

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Firefighters ended up with good results, although it was hilarious to see the :siren::siren::siren: alerts thanks to seeing the Wills percentages. I had held some votes back anyways, this just makes it clearer to hold votes as late as possible.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Congratulations to the Breath Mints for pulling off the heist of the century

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=si3Ab71-bso

Lone Goat fucked around with this message at 22:10 on Apr 11, 2021

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

yeah for all the chatter about teams minmaxing and playing strategically and flooding the world with votes and blah blah blah, the Mints managed to coordinate a huge chunk (I'm told around 230k) of votes... during game 52, in the middle of the week, during a window of roughly 1/2 hour.

that is some gloriously galaxy-brained work.

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Der's e'rl in dem der hills!

Ham Wrangler
It's pretty insane how going low snacks and betting can be. I maxed out my 2 hitting snacks and still had 12,000 votes last season (all failed). I guess I need more tickets to try and send Sylvia Rugrat to the shadows and then bring her back.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

I'm interested in seeing how Lootcrates messes everything up this week.

alpha_destroy
Mar 23, 2010

I know I need to ditch some snacks. But sunk cost fallacy is a real fucker.

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

I'm going to bite the bullet and just start with snake oil tomorrow. Last season's top earning hitters are either much worse than they were last season or much worse than they were last season and also redacted. I got around 1.8 million rolling with Nagomi McDaniel and maxed snoil/seeds/hot dogs/pickles, and I probably wouldn't get that again with another hitter.

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."

tinstaach posted:

I'm going to bite the bullet and just start with snake oil tomorrow. Last season's top earning hitters are either much worse than they were last season or much worse than they were last season and also redacted. I got around 1.8 million rolling with Nagomi McDaniel and maxed snoil/seeds/hot dogs/pickles, and I probably wouldn't get that again with another hitter.

I feel like the main problem with single slot snake oil (for those active enough to utilize it effectively) is just that it'd require 156,000 coins to max bet every game, which is around 60,000 more coins than the Eat the Rich cutoff for this past season. It also sucks that Seeds, Pickles, and Hot Dogs are all around 400,000 coins to get back to 99 of. It does seem like an enticing idea though.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.
I am not active enough to maximize it, but i think two slots, with seeds/oil and keeping like 45k gives you enough money to start out and a way to bail yourself out if something goes wrong

I also have a third slot slushie because im not sure which passive income is more consistent to drop to two, and even with my lazy betting i still almost pulled in a million last week

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

alpha_destroy posted:

Operation Plasma going off without a hitch, just wonderful stuff.

Millscord is deleting all comments that discuss the election at this point. Captains seem to think "vaughan isn't that bad" and "you shouldn't demonize anyone for the way they voted" with the Chorby plunder (which at 75% of plunder votes was probably sabotage?). So yeah I guess if you want to steal players from the Mills its open season and there will be no repercussions. So rather than going to the Mints this season and sinking 2 million or so coins of votes evenly between "Foreshadow Winnie for Wendy" and "Plunder Chorby", I will be sticking with the Mills and voting exclusively based on lore. Which mostly means re-Plundering Chorby because they are an OG Mill and belong here, even if they get incinerated or feedbacked.

Joining the discord when this came back did a great job of killing my enjoyment of it.

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."

Nephzinho posted:

"you shouldn't demonize anyone for the way they voted" with the Chorby plunder (which at 75% of plunder votes was probably sabotage?).

Chorby Soul's plunder was 9,462 votes. The Uncle Plasma foreshadowing from the Breath Mints was 270,899 votes within a window of about 30 minutes. I bought 18,000 votes just on my own at the end of last season.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Squall posted:

Chorby Soul's plunder was 9,462 votes. The Uncle Plasma foreshadowing from the Breath Mints was 270,899 votes within a window of about 30 minutes. I bought 18,000 votes just on my own at the end of last season.

but what if people want to ignore facts and yell at people anyway

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Squall posted:

Yeah it was one person putting all of their votes into it as opposed to some of the other wimdys that have been 0% chances. Whether that person was doing it as sabotage against the Mills, a benefit for the Garages, or just because they're a Mills fan who really wanted to bring Chorby home doesn't matter.

e; To be clear, i'm not saying the chorby plunder was some conspiracy, just intentional. Why isn't important.

alpha_destroy
Mar 23, 2010

Man, the first thing I saw this morning was that Brisket Friendo is now a crab and that gave me a small sad. That's blaseball.

Edit: nevermind

alpha_destroy fucked around with this message at 16:59 on Apr 12, 2021

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Yeah it was a great heads up play that got around the stuff that Equivalent Exchange was limited to from the old Exchange. I would think Mills would want to retaliate to discourage other teams from taking advantage of what other opportunities for similar situations might come up in the future, but alas. The Chorby plunder was significantly more damaging than the Plasma heist.

e; I'm more annoyed by the Millscord "no bad vibes" response to everything than anything any external force has done.

Nephzinho fucked around with this message at 17:24 on Apr 12, 2021

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
would someone mind spelling out wimdy for me? i get the context but i don't get the abbreviation and it's unsearchable

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."

beggar posted:

would someone mind spelling out wimdy for me? i get the context but i don't get the abbreviation and it's unsearchable

Basically "this low odds thing happened in a Blaseball election."

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."

Nephzinho posted:

Yeah it was one person putting all of their votes into it as opposed to some of the other wimdys that have been 0% chances. Whether that person was doing it as sabotage against the Mills, a benefit for the Garages, or just because they're a Mills fan who really wanted to bring Chorby home doesn't matter.

e; To be clear, i'm not saying the chorby plunder was some conspiracy, just intentional. Why isn't important.

I feel like the Chorby plunder might have been several people submitting votes early to bring them home before the full horrors had shown themselves, or someone who wasn't paying enough attention to how bad Chorby is? Hopefully Chorby just gets blown up on day 88 and you survive the consumer attacks. I can't fault you having bad vibes because I know I had them a lot as a Garages fan when I realized how screwed we were.

Nephzinho posted:

e; I'm more annoyed by the Millscord "no bad vibes" response to everything than anything any external force has done.

That's fair.

Squall fucked around with this message at 17:47 on Apr 12, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blastron
Dec 11, 2007

Don't doodle on it!

Nephzinho posted:

The Fridays have the same rule and I completely agree that it sucks.