Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Really sick of the visual bug where it says you're queueing up for ranked but instead end up in casual (I assume) and not making progress on the weekly ranked quest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

As a youth I prayed, "Give me chastity and continence, but not yet."
So anyone got their two packs from watching Grandmasters yet?

DeadButDelicious
Oct 11, 2012

Leave me to do my dark bidding on the internet!
Wish I knew that was a thing because I just came back after dropping the game during Whispers of the Old Gods, mostly thanks to the core set shuffle feeling like the playing field is levelled a bit.

I'm just deckbuilding at this point and whatever gets to 30/30 first I'll probably be pushing - token druid seems to be in the lead but elemental shaman is getting up there. I'd prefer token since I've been playing with the Druid welcome back deck using the Darkmoon Menagerie and really enjoying druid cards and decks. Good to be back.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

victorious posted:

So anyone got their two packs from watching Grandmasters yet?

No. I'll wait 2 days because it apparently takes 48 hours. I'm susicious my Day 1 viewing didn't count. We'll see. It's a poor system, regardless.

avantgardener
Sep 16, 2003

Does anyone know how to get rid of the blue around the play button? I thought I'd have to play a game of classic or something but that didn't get rid of it.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

No, I wish knew how though. Hmm, Maybe I should try a wild game since it's the only one I haven't played since patch.

Edit: No, not it.

Amoeba102 fucked around with this message at 11:30 on Apr 12, 2021

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013
I have been playing this version of Priest and really enjoying it.
https://www.reddit.com/r/CompetitiveHS/comments/mnea1b/legend_with_control_priest_unique_variation/

You can out aggro Control Warlock. You can out tempo Paladin. Mage is still a struggle because sometimes Lunacy makes them non-games. You are much more proactive than most control decks have been but you are still controlling. Your top end is found in generated cards, so your early turns tend to go better.

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003
... Insert something brilliantly witty here.
I'm really surprised there's been no reveal of the planned nerfs yet.

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

People keep vandalizing my ID photo; I've lodged a complaint with HR

Olpainless posted:

I'm really surprised there's been no reveal of the planned nerfs yet.

They said this week.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
I think they said the nerfs will go in tomorrow (possibly today but probably not) and we'll learn what they are today.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Another mana inconsistency:
Condemn will not upgrade to rank 2 if you coin it out on turn 4.

Come on. "Upgrades when you have 5 mana".
Not "when you have 5 for realsies permanent mana crystals before the turn starts".

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

mcbexx posted:

Not "when you have 5 for realsies permanent mana crystals before the turn starts".

this is consistent with ironbark and bogbeam if memory serves

enki42
Jun 11, 2001
#ATMLIVESMATTER

Put this Nazi-lover on ignore immediately!
Same thing with those old Omega cards, "if you have X mana" always means you need to have those many mana crystals without the coin / other mana ramp cards. It's unintuitive but it is consistent.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

So I took a deck someone Doji posted a few pages ago and made it slightly stupid, but surprisingly effective. Their post for comparison:

My take on it:
### Blast U
# Class: Shaman
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Gryphon
#
# 2x (1) Guidance
# 2x (1) Lightning Bolt
# 2x (1) Novice Zapper
# 2x (1) Primordial Studies
# 1x (2) Bloodmage Thalnos
# 2x (2) Diligent Notetaker
# 2x (2) Landslide
# 2x (2) Wandmaker
# 1x (3) Instructor Fireheart
# 1x (3) Lady Vashj
# 2x (3) Serpentshrine Portal
# 2x (3) Venomous Scorpid
# 1x (4) Bru'kan
# 2x (4) Circus Medic
# 2x (4) Dunk Tank
# 1x (5) Taelan Fordring
# 2x (6) Onyx Magescribe
# 1x (10) Y'Shaarj, the Defiler
#
AAECAfWfAwbkuAOczgP83gPi7AOoigSXoAQM27gD28wD4cwDzc4D/tEDs9wDp94DieQDiuQD6ucDlugD+Z8EAA==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

You're looking to win with either a Bru'kan burst turn or just use everything to generate as many corrupted Dunk Tanks as possible so you can make an entire hand of free Dunk Tanks when you play Y'shaarj.

sirtommygunn fucked around with this message at 17:35 on Apr 12, 2021

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

People keep vandalizing my ID photo; I've lodged a complaint with HR
Hanging out in Kibler's nerf waiting room :)

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Patch notes out: https://playhearthstone.com/en-us/news/23658923/20-0-2-patch-notes

DoL to 4 mana
Sword of the Fallen to 2 mana 1/2
Jandice Barov to 6 mana
Pen Flinger only targets minions
2 and 3 mana Watch posts each lose 1 hp

Many battlegrounds changes

"Fixed a bug where the VFX for certain spells would continuously play after being transformed by Oh My Yogg!" Oh thank god

sirtommygunn fucked around with this message at 18:09 on Apr 12, 2021

Oenis
Mar 15, 2012

quote:

Deck of Lunacy
Old: [Costs 2] → New: [Costs 4]

Sword of the Fallen
Old: 1 Attack, 3 Durability → New: 1 Attack, 2 Durability

Jandice Barov
Old: [Costs 5] → New: [Costs 6]

Pen Flinger
Old: Battlecry: Deal 1 damage. Spellburst: Return this to your hand. → New: Battlecry: Deal 1 damage to a minion. Spellburst: Return this to your hand.

Far Watch Post
Old: 2 Attack, 4 Health → New: 2 Attack, 3 Health

Mor’shan Watch Post
Old: 3 Attack, 5 Health → New: 3 Attack, 4 Health

Pretty much everything exactly as the community speculated. I like those changes, but Paladin is probably still going to be too good.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
Paladin is still going to be good, they'll probably drop flingers/librams for more secret synergy

I think DoL will still see play at 4 mana

peer
Jan 17, 2004

this is not what I wanted
i'm surprised to see watch posts were powerful enough to need a nerf, especially the 3/5

Cant Ride A Bus
Apr 9, 2012

"Batman, Bruce Wayne. Bruce Wayne, Batman. Or have you met?"

sirtommygunn posted:

Patch notes out: https://playhearthstone.com/en-us/news/23658923/20-0-2-patch-notes

DoL to 4 mana
Sword of the Fallen to 2 mana 1/2
Jandice Barov to 6 mana
Pen Flinger only targets minions
2 and 3 mana Watch posts each lose 1 hp

Many battlegrounds changes

:toot:

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
I think the watch post nerfs were more aimed at arena where getting one down on curve just immediately wins you the game

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
BG changes are interesting. Macaw and Wildfire didn't strike me as particularly weak cards. And Steward of Time looks like it was nerfed? Very odd. The Rag and especially the Garr changes are very welcome though.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

I do think it’s funny that in a meta dominated by, in order; Paladin, Mage, and then Rogue, the latter are the ones getting absolutely bodyslammed by the balance changes

broken boy soldier
May 19, 2006
Will catch up on the thread in a minute, but wanted to say thanks for the advice, but I have to sum up my first tournament first and see if anyone can relate, this is from my perspective:

“Yeah duder, I know me not knowing everything about the tournament format is frustrating, that’s why I auto-conceded our match when we were at 1-1. you chose mind games because an inexperienced player took game one with a control lock deck”

Really fun though overall! Back to learning about my electronic card collection!

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

We went out for lunch and then we stopped for some bubble tea.

Julio Cruz posted:

I think the watch post nerfs were more aimed at arena where getting one down on curve just immediately wins you the game

Nope. They’ve all been removed from arena, in the giant bug fix list.

adamarama
Mar 20, 2009

Julio Cruz posted:

Paladin is still going to be good, they'll probably drop flingers/librams for more secret synergy

I think DoL will still see play at 4 mana
I think paladin will still run the full libram pack. I was already running murgle and one judgement instead of pen flingers. Pure secret runs out of gas, you need the librams for reach and reload.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Quotey posted:

Nope. They’ve all been removed from arena, in the giant bug fix list.

ah I didn't read down that far

in which case yeah, that seems a bit odd

broken boy soldier
May 19, 2006

doingitwrong posted:

I have been playing this version of Priest and really enjoying it.
https://www.reddit.com/r/CompetitiveHS/comments/mnea1b/legend_with_control_priest_unique_variation/

You can out aggro Control Warlock. You can out tempo Paladin. Mage is still a struggle because sometimes Lunacy makes them non-games. You are much more proactive than most control decks have been but you are still controlling. Your top end is found in generated cards, so your early turns tend to go better.

Priest has been the scariest to go against in my mid level ladder climb as control lock right now, to echo what you’re saying. Haven’t played a priest deck yet, is there one similar to this that’s inexpensive? Will look more closely at this in a bit, if the answer is “it’s the one I posted”

EDIT: For me, this deck is the answer. Thanks!!!

broken boy soldier fucked around with this message at 18:20 on Apr 12, 2021

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Jandice was the golden Legendary I opened at Scholo launch so gimme that dust :unsmigghh:

Fenarisk
Oct 27, 2005

I don't see paladin getting hit so hard the secret/libram archetype is dead which I'm happy about.

Odd rogue just got utterly bodied out of wild though, watch post rogue as well. Should offer a refund for Kargal at this point as well.

Pardot
Jul 25, 2001

AnacondaHL posted:

Jandice was the golden Legendary I opened at Scholo launch so gimme that dust :unsmigghh:

Same. It'll be sad to not have it spawn more golden minions, but that plus never auto dusting, I'm looking at over 6k dust :toot:

6 sword of the fallen (rare 600)
1 golden sword of the fallen (rare 800)
1 golden jandice barov (legendary 3200)
9+ pen flinger (common 360+)
9+ far watch post (common 360+)
2 golden far watch post (common 800)
3 mor'shan watch post (rare 300)

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

With Pen Flingers out of the picture, Libram Paladin may return to being Pure again. Yrel instead of Taelan, two Goodies instead of Flingers? Although tutoring Liadrin with Taelan is a pretty big upside.

Oh My Yogg and Galloping Savior are still amazing Secrets, especially when cast straight from the deck, so I'm sure the Secret package is here to stay.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
I wish the watch posts were nerfed to 1/4 and 2/5 to make them easier to trade into, at 3 and 4 health they feel way too easy to kill from hand. That whole package seems dead.

I think paladin might still be giga busted with the nerfs to rogue/mage, but maybe this opens up space for shaman or druid or something else to step up.

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp
Watch posts were really *that* meta defining that they required nerfs? I find that kind of hard to believe. 3 and 4 health is entirely too easy to get rid of for their effects.

E: beaten

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

The watch posts were nerfed because they feel bad to play against, not because they were op.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

Mage got off practically Scot free and will continue to terrorise ladder

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

mcbexx posted:

You immediately lose the mana crystal if you look at it.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I was already playing a libram Paladin with no pen flinders, I was ahead of the curve

broken boy soldier
May 19, 2006

sirtommygunn posted:

The watch posts were nerfed because they feel bad to play against, not because they were op.

It’s gotta be this! Sorry about all the posts today, I’ve just been playing Hearthstone for a professional project and this has been my safe space (check my post and user history, long time lurker in these parts) so I been reading the threads here really regularly for that. Finally four months into playing the game and feel like I can contribute a bit at least.

Playing against it is two reactions:
1.) I can handle whatever tower they play, why do people complain about this
2.) I can’t handle whatever tower they play, I get why people complain about this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

sirtommygunn posted:

That's literally the argument for nerfing Tickatus though :lol:

On the plus side I can get rid of the watchpost package in a couple of my decks and replace them with actual good cards now I suppose.