Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Eat My Ghastly rear end posted:

I’m really loving this surge in anti-cyclist memes

Going need everything you have my good goon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

oldpainless posted:

I still maintain 9/11 was the best thing to happen to America because we had become too lax and easy-going in our dominance and oppression of lesser countries. It energized the nation and we once again became the superpower we were meant to be, punishing and rewarding countries at our whim.

more like oldtowersless

Eat My Ghastly Ass
Jul 24, 2007

Warbird posted:

Going need everything you have my good goon.

here’s the rest of what I have on my phone, there’s a lot more floating around

Eat My Ghastly Ass
Jul 24, 2007

Zetsubou-san posted:

more like oldtowersless

:pusheen:

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Bikes are cool, gently caress cars. See ya in 3-5 pages, losers.

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

Cocaine Bear posted:

:haibrow:

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.

I'll have you know that my diaper is full of solid poo poo when I'm on my bike. :colbert:

Eat My Ghastly Ass
Jul 24, 2007

Kuros posted:

I'll have you know that my diaper is full of solid poo poo when I'm on my bike. :colbert:

hell yeah

Cocaine Bear posted:

lmao

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Cocaine Bear posted:

Bikes do become a lot cooler when they are taken in account by the infrastructure.

It probably sucks if you live a region where that doesn’t happen. I wouldn’t know :smug:

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

nokia gang represent

only posted one meme because it'll last for years

Zetsubou-san has a new favorite as of 16:56 on Apr 12, 2021

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
Cyclists want to be respected by people who drive cars like they're pedaling around a real vehicle, but they also want to run stop signs and go up on the sidewalk and go the wrong way down one ways. Discuss.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Yeah, I feel like most online discussion of sci-fi is, much like Rick Berman, needlessly hostile to asians.

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

Cyclists want to be respected by people who drive cars like they're pedaling around a real vehicle, but they also want to run stop signs and go up on the sidewalk and go the wrong way down one ways. Discuss.
Please leave my local Facebook groups

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

lol america and their horrible traffic infra that can't even be arsed to make separated city wide road networks for bikes and cars so they never have to meet.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

I bet Pulaski and Jellico hooked up and Pulaski kicked him out of bed for being too clingy after :allears:

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.

Eat My Ghastly rear end posted:

here’s the rest of what I have on my phone, there’s a lot more floating around

I don’t hate cyclists who ride in the road.

I hate car drivers who don’t know how drive around them.

I live in an area with a lot of cyclists and have never really had an issue with someone on a bicycle. The only time it seems to be an problem is when I’m stuck behind a car that can’t figure out how to pass a bike, and just rides behind them for a mile.

BillyC
Feb 19, 2013

everythin' under heaven is in utter chaos, cloud

Bread Liar

Carbon dioxide posted:

lol america and their horrible infra

Pope Hilarius II
Nov 10, 2008

Carbon dioxide posted:

lol america and their horrible traffic infra that can't even be arsed to make separated city wide road networks for bikes and cars so they never have to meet.

but where else is Joe Beauregard Meatburger going to drive and park his 5m wide gas-guzzling cock replacement huh

also a bike doesn't have the same dumb political sticker real estate

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

CPColin posted:

I bet Pulaski and Jellico hooked up and Pulaski kicked him out of bed for being too clingy after :allears:

Are we shipping memes now? Because I bet we could come up with a few good ones

Haha i wonder what the memes eggs smell like

Modal Auxiliary
Jan 14, 2005

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

My bingo card is filled out and I'm ready for the derail. If anyone else wants to play/add, here's what I have so far:

"I'm a cyclist myself"
"They don't even pay reggo"
Mention of scofflaw wheelie kids
That one Casey Neistat video
"Road tax"
Something something traffic violations (free space)
Lance Armstrong/TdF joke
"Just go to the park ffs"
License and insurance
Inevitable derail about helmets
Condemnation of lycra/spandex
"Roads were made for cars"

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

Carbon dioxide posted:

Jokes on you, I live in a city in the US with separate bike and car networks.

They still ride bikes down the center of the road because regular roads are marginally faster

CopperHound
Feb 14, 2012

Modal Auxiliary posted:

My bingo card is filled out and I'm ready for the derail. If anyone else wants to play/add, here's what I have so far:
-get off the road/sidewalk
-cager
-there is too much weather/hills to ride bikes here
-helmet chat citing that passing distance study
-one time a cyclist killed a pedestrian
Also needs some concern trolling:
-Bicycle infrastructure causes gentrification
-Eliminating street parking is racist/classist/ablist

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
I use a clothespin to keep my pant leg out of the gears and somebody called out to me once that I had a clothespin on my pants and when I said I knew said, "Oh, I thought you were playing the Clothespin Game and somebody got you." and their friends started like "wtf are you talking about" as I rode off.

CopperHound
Feb 14, 2012

Look at this guy who has never played clothespin leg before.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

What about if you got annoyed at this because that wouldn't work with 7-segment digits

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Data Graham posted:

What about if you got annoyed at this because that wouldn't work with 7-segment digits

That just makes you a different kind of nerd, I think

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Data Graham posted:

That's a Fluke. They don't cost 500 bucks each so they can use 7-seg displays.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

ranbo das posted:

Jokes on you, I live in a city in the US with separate bike and car networks.

They still ride bikes down the center of the road because regular roads are marginally faster

I love bikes and understand the desire to use them to get around, but I also live in Chicago which means the only cyclists I see are people psychotic enough to choose to ride a bike here. You have to have the brain of a minor batman villain to get up every day and cycle through the streets\alleys\sidewalks\lawns\bodies of water\my apartment, swinging a bike lock and screaming "ON YOUR LEFT", even if you're on my right or are currently running me over. For that reason I sometimes get confused and think I hate cyclists.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

Bloodfart McCoy posted:

I live in an area with a lot of cyclists and have never really had an issue with someone on a bicycle. The only time it seems to be an problem is when I’m stuck behind a car that can’t figure out how to pass a bike, and just rides behind them for a mile.

Bikes are road vehicles too, and that's the correct move assuming there isn't sufficient space to pass them in. In most of North America at least there's a 1m space allowance that must be given to bicycles, so if it's single lane and there's oncoming traffic, good luck with that.

Moreover the situation it typically arises in is downtown and residential areas, so the difference between likely car traffic speed and bicycle speed is like 15kph. Just sit back and enjoy your marginally longer drive.

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

As an Enlightened jogger I just let the poo poo flow from my rear end, no need for a diaper

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Can we at least all agree that recumbent bicyclists are all weridos

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

No! you cant drive where what you yourselves describe as "death machine" also drive

Cyclists :

Its a joke guys please dont keep this derail up

barbecue at the folks
Jul 20, 2007

Cocaine Bear posted:

you monster

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

CopperHound posted:

-get off the road/sidewalk
-cager
-there is too much weather/hills to ride bikes here
-helmet chat citing that passing distance study
-one time a cyclist killed a pedestrian
Also needs some concern trolling:
-Bicycle infrastructure causes gentrification
-Eliminating street parking is racist/classist/ablist

i mean bike infrasctucture does lead to FURTHER gentrification but it isnt starting it. t he second some rich white gently caress thinks he can tame your neighbourhood and make it cool you have already lost your house because even if you kill him its to late.

V LOL

snergle has a new favorite as of 19:21 on Apr 12, 2021

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Me, going out to the airport with my DaVinci helicopter, holding up flights for hours with my extremely unnecessary hipster means of personal conveyance: "share the tarmac, bro!"

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
train

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Imagine using vehicles to move around. This post made by walking gang.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
the obvious solution to bikes riding in the middle of the road is to make them larger and give them more wheels so as not to confuse and alarm the automobiles

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Perestroika posted:

Imagine using vehicles to move around. This post made by walking gang.

imagine walking. this post made by flesh fused to my computer chair gang