Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

Feldegast42 posted:

How well has the original Gundam aged?

very well imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

Feldegast42 posted:

Very well.

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

Declan MacManus posted:

honestly someone who can't even say how many gundam timelines there are has no business commenting on its politics imo

I can't blast opinions even though i don't know what im talking about?

Oh im sorry, i thought this was C-SPAM!!!

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Feldegast42 posted:

Honest Answer: There's some weird issues with women.

Other than that, its good.

I didn't like Zeta, because almost everyone was a horrible rear end in a top hat, but I can't say its bad either.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

ZZ is the best of the original UC trio IMO.

The real best Gundam is G Gundam.

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Just watch the og until you get bored of no budget and then watch Turn A which is objectively the correct and best Gundam

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

HootTheOwl posted:

is this the bagel girl thing?

Don't know that one. Inside Mari is

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Burned through The Way of the Househusband over the weekend, I'm prepared to call it leftist anime since it depicts a break from traditional gender roles and also former criminals becoming contributing members of society. Also I'm not sure I've seen my wife laugh so hard at an anime. A shame it was only five episodes.

Lostconfused posted:

They should remake Gundam Wing. It's message of "drones are bad" is much more relevant today.

I loved Wing 20 years ago (oh God :negative:) when it was on Toonami, but every time I say "maybe I should re-watch Gundam Wing" on this forum people tell me it's bad.

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Lostconfused posted:

Code Geass suffered from the same thing.
code geass loving rocks, though. 00 s2+movie were awful

C-Euro posted:

I loved Wing 20 years ago (oh God :negative:) when it was on Toonami, but every time I say "maybe I should re-watch Gundam Wing" on this forum people tell me it's bad.
same but wing absolutely holds up. have all the people who told you otherwise show up at my house so i can kick their asses.

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Feldegast42 posted:

After watching it in decent quality finally, I realized Mirai was a little ruder than I originally thought

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Oh hey season 5 dub of MHA dropped

Lol endeavor is such an abuser and dumbass weenie

Edit that sucked

pillsburysoldier has issued a correction as of 06:18 on Apr 12, 2021

Mischievous Mink
May 29, 2012

Seyser Koze posted:

I rewatched the movie trilogy a couple weeks ago and had a good time. :shrug:

The movie-fied original Gundam is how I first watched it, I think it's a great way to dip in, and if you really want, you can watch the full tv series after. Don't do the same for Zeta Gundam with it's movies though, they cut too much out and you're better off just watching the show first imo.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
What about 8th MS team? I remember loving that on toonami.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

C-Euro posted:

Burned through The Way of the Househusband over the weekend, I'm prepared to call it leftist anime since it depicts a break from traditional gender roles and also former criminals becoming contributing members of society. Also I'm not sure I've seen my wife laugh so hard at an anime. A shame it was only five episodes.

Wing is good.

HootTheOwl posted:

What about 8th MS team? I remember loving that on toonami.

08th MS Team is good.

Mecha Gojira
Jun 23, 2006

Jack Nissan
08th MS Team is actually Bad.

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

Mecha Gojira posted:

08th MS Team is actually Bad.

I really enjoyed that one because it focused a lot on grittier and more mundane aspects of war.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

TenementFunster posted:

same but wing absolutely holds up. have all the people who told you otherwise show up at my house so i can kick their asses.

Gripweed posted:

Wing is good.

Huh I guess this is where all of the cool anime people hang out then.

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

Mecha Gojira
Jun 23, 2006

Jack Nissan

Flavius Aetass posted:

I really enjoyed that one because it focused a lot on grittier and more mundane aspects of war.

watch VOTOMS

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Mecha Gojira posted:

watch VOTOMS

you can, and should, do both

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Wing is good over-the-top melodrama where everyone is insane.

Code Geass is bad over-the-top melodrama where everyone is insane.

They do both have great soundtracks.

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Cry Havoc and let slip the Hogs of War
Relena is a ride AND die girl for Heero who is also suicidal. it’s great

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

theCalamity posted:

Relena is a ride AND die girl for Heero who is also suicidal. it’s great

https://youtu.be/zqBa6zWf9bQ

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Cry Havoc and let slip the Hogs of War

They love each other so much

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2LwpNaZzTA

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

The difference between Code Geass and Gundam Wing is that Wing plays this straight as a joke https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGl8Yq1EaX8

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

8th MS Team and original Gundam are both very good, I think the dubs for both are solid too

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Lostconfused posted:

The difference between Code Geass and Gundam Wing is that Wing plays this straight as a joke https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGl8Yq1EaX8

Lol he called himself Duo Maxwell when doing that speech too.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
lmao the first episode of Gundam Wing ends with the hero tearing up an invitation to a teenage girl's birthday party and then promising to murder her.

I haven't watched it since the Toonami days but that fact will never leave me

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

there is only one proper way to watch gundam wing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_-aWNONz84

REZORZEZZ

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 203 days!

christmas boots posted:

lmao the first episode of Gundam Wing ends with the hero tearing up an invitation to a teenage girl's birthday party and then promising to murder her.

I haven't watched it since the Toonami days but that fact will never leave me

that and the big montage where the main characters end a war without a single casualty are all I've seen of the show, and frankly the main reason not to watch the rest is fear that it could never live up to that level of crazy

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

Hodgepodge posted:

that and the big montage where the main characters end a war without a single casualty are all I've seen of the show, and frankly the main reason not to watch the rest is fear that it could never live up to that level of crazy

There's a huge climactic moment towards like halfway or 2/3rds point where the main character and the Char-type rival from the opposing ideological faction are dueling each other in a big Gundam fight and then pause halfway through to switch Gundams because they're just not vibing with the ones they're currently in and think it would just fit better the other way around.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Hodgepodge posted:

In the first episode, the first time you see the main character he immediately tries to kill himself. When he fails he then beats up some EMTs and steals their ambulance.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LtI0Aal3C6w

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
Also one of them is a circus clown (granted, usually not at the same time he's in a gundam)

Mecha Gojira
Jun 23, 2006

Jack Nissan

christmas boots posted:

Also one of them is a circus clown (granted, usually not at the same time he's in a gundam)

except the OVA where he puts the clown mask on the Gundam.

also, they gave Wing Zero feathers because angels? big in the late 90's.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
What we're saying is watch it, Hodgepodge

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Mecha Gojira posted:

except the OVA where he puts the clown mask on the Gundam.

also, they gave Wing Zero feathers because angels? big in the late 90's.

Best moment in the franchise is when Trowa is in a mass produced MS fighting Heero, and all he does is stand in one place shooting his gun directly ahead, and Heero says, "I know that combat style! It's Trowa!"

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 203 days!

christmas boots posted:

What we're saying is watch it, Hodgepodge

it sounds crazy enough, it's on my backlist now

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
if you go into wing thinking that anything anyone does will make sense, it might not be the show for you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

Clip-On Fedora posted:

Honest Answer: There's some weird issues with women.

Other than that, its good.

Anime.txt