Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

JollyBoyJohn posted:

The weapon where you guided the nuclear rocket was sick, and the sludge shotgun, and that gun that shot a ball of energy you could detonate with a second shot

The loving Redeemer. Best weapon name ever. Sludge shotgun was the Bio Rifle and the third the ASMD, primary fire was a railgun type and secondary was a slow energy ball that you could hit with the primary to catch (and instakill most of the time) enemies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inferior Third Season
Jan 15, 2005

I've been playing through The Witness, seeing as they were giving it away for free.

I like the puzzles and the meta-puzzle world, but all the text and speech should have been taken out, and the game would have been vastly better. It was basically the exact same reaction I had to Braid ten years ago, and I wasn't surprised at all to learn both games are from the same guy.

Jonathan Blow is like a freshman in his second week of Philosophy 101 who now considers himself a deep intellectual thinker, but is actually an insufferable piece of poo poo.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
The only time I ever won a video game competition was playing Unreal Tournament 2 after school and cornercamping people with the Flak Cannon. It was cheap but no one realized what I was doing until it was too late. Flak Cannon supremacy.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
Thankfully you can ignore the philosophy wank and enjoy the excellent myst em up on offer

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES

JollyBoyJohn posted:

Thankfully you can ignore the philosophy wank and enjoy the excellent myst em up on offer

Yeah, I agree, and Idk that stuff is kinda cool for people who aren’t jaded enough to make that kind of post. I forgot what’s in The Witness exactly, besides the uh weird ‘ending’, but sometimes games like those can be guilty pleasures of mine, like ‘Everything’, which is filled with recordings of Alan Watts giving talks, etc.

Also that Limmy clip was good lol, thank you for letting me know about his Subnautica streams, I’ve been watching the VODs.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Imhotep posted:

Also that Limmy clip was good lol, thank you for letting me know about his Subnautica streams, I’ve been watching the VODs.

Haha i am glad you enjoyed it, I've been watching him a lot over the past month, he was streams from 9:30 till 1:30 Scotland time every morning so its the perfect WFH fodder. That and i started playing Subnautica after watching his streams.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Everything in The Witness is simultaneously really good and ultra pretentious

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

JollyBoyJohn posted:

The weapon where you guided the nuclear rocket was sick, and the sludge shotgun, and that gun that shot a ball of energy you could detonate with a second shot

:hellyeah:

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCXYp0DN0nI

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
ISS update: fought him for about 45 minutes today and im getting much more comfortable with phase 1. Managed to get into phase 2 a few times but im really struggling there. I feel like I can defend myself well enough in phase 2 but I'm not familiar enough with the openings and getting jacked by not reacting quickly enough. Also im not usually dying cuz ive run out of gourds, it's usually getting caught out trying to retreat for a heal. Need to work on that too. G boy is still a massive pita and I still get caught out by him occasionally

Much calmer today lol. Haven't reached the levels of rage inducing frustration yet but im gonna call it a day since I feel like I've made some progress.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
I always throw firecrackers when I need to heal because they will interrupt any punish move he's programmed to do. You can do this at any range.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Jack-Off Lantern posted:

Lol at gamers being hung up on preserving P.T,a "game" that got instantly remade on pc with pretty much identical graphics.

What a bespoke turd dropped by genius kojumbo.

u wat mate

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
Healing is hesistation

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

let's leave gen 7 in the mass grave where it belongs

u wat mate

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

quick glance through the thread and let me tell you my thoughts, cmos sucks and we should keep talking about it until sony realize its a dumb thing, i know jims goon handle, sex is good if you figure out how to give, gently caress fortnite no 1 plays it anymore since we all got ps5s wtih games and

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UAScSKBDuno

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

https://twitter.com/keithjohnstack/status/1381955333774569472?s=20

Boom got 'em

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

:perfect:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Beeeep

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

lmao hell yes, can play that castlevania beta

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Veeg vs the jailers is a hell of a time

Weedle
May 31, 2006

throwing my lot in with the “sex rules” crowd

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE

Weedle posted:

Pfft, that's so last year. Get with the program and update to Sex 2 already

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Looking forward to the olds complaining about this

lmao fortnite defender here logging on to lay down the law

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

COD campaigns are stupid pro-war propoganda but they have tens of millions of people playing them uncritically because "they're just a game" and then sort of internalising their view of the Middle East/Russia/Whatever as "The COD badguys"

Like I actually stopped playing the series after MW2 because of how uncomfortable the Middle East parts made me personally

I'm just going to quote this post for truth rather than getting all fired up about this topic and ruining everyone's day AGAIN

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Too late

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Weedle posted:

sex has no rules

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Ok Matt Gaetz.

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

goblin week posted:

sex has no rules

It has some

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
As promised on Veeg’s stream, here is a clip of me getting absolutely wrecked while trying to literally just get up and run away from Yhorm

https://twitter.com/bownsgamepics/status/1301961569920843778?s=21

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Escobarbarian posted:

As promised on Veeg’s stream, here is a clip of me getting absolutely wrecked while trying to literally just get up and run away from Yhorm

https://twitter.com/bownsgamepics/status/1301961569920843778?s=21

Jeez, Dark Souls gonna Dark Souls I guess. I take it you took em down the next round?

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I had another successful stream. My goal is try to take down three bosses per session and I did!

Got yhorm on my second go (first actual try because I did not know what I was doing the first and was so incredibly sad that siegward died during that first try while I was desperately attempt to figure out where the weapon was in my inventory

Then did dancer of the boreal valley on my first try. Though we both got a killing blow on each other so I technically died as she did but it still felt good to get her first go. Her movement around the arena is utterly gorgeous and fluid. Probably the best animation I have seen in a from game.

Then Ocerius the weird dragon that thinks he is holding a baby I did on my second go after not getting his movements down at all the first try. First try I dodged into all three of his first attacks and died.

I kept dying to the knights in the garden more than these three bosses put together. Knights with big shields give me so so so much trouble. :)

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

I'm working through Yakuza 2 and it's the best one yet. I'm dreading going to 3.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

VideoGames posted:

I kept dying to the knights in the garden more than these three bosses put together. Knights with big shields give me so so so much trouble. :)

Knights always seem to be one of the more difficult non-boss enemies in DS games to me. Definitely a skill check.

GreenNight posted:

I'm working through Yakuza 2 and it's the best one yet. I'm dreading going to 3.

Kiwami 2 is for sure top 3 Yakuza games in my book. If you can appreciate the series enough, then you'll find some enjoyment out of 3. Just know it is muuuuch slower paced than any of the previous games.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

BisterdDave posted:

Jeez, Dark Souls gonna Dark Souls I guess. I take it you took em down the next round?

Haha I think it took me a bunch more tries. It took me a lot more times than Veeg!!!

I didn’t think I could be angrier at the Yhorm fight but then on Veeg’s stream the companion died when he had not even taken 5% of Yhorm’s health off. Like on mine at least he died when Yhorm was nearly done. I can’t believe From would program it so he can literally die within a few seconds of the fight starting. I honestly think that’s really lovely and mean and it put me in a terrible mood for a good 15 minutes after haha. Dark Souls!!!!!!!

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
I am only posting because the thread is broken for me in awful app and I can’t actually read the most recent reply

E: now I can

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

boop the snoot posted:

I am only posting because the thread is broken for me in awful app and I can’t actually read the most recent reply

Consider yourself lucky

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
gently caress

Pretend I posted the “you died” from dark souls

Rip me

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

VideoGames posted:

Then Ocerius the weird dragon that thinks he is holding a baby I did on my second go after not getting his movements down at all the first try. First try I dodged into all three of his first attacks and died.

One of my fav bosses in the game. What a weird guy!

Weedle
May 31, 2006

GreenNight posted:

3 owns. not as fun as 2 but the story is completely awesome

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Weedle posted:

3 owns. not as fun as 2 but the story is completely awesome

That’s great to hear. How are the sub stories? Two has some hilarious ones.