Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

baw posted:

6 cases out of like 7 million shots right

how many of those 7 million were less than 3 weeks ago

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

got in under the wire to get my J&J yesterday.

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
so I’m two weeks after pfizer #1 and mostly fine but anyone else feel a little “off” later on? Can’t quite put my finger on it, I assume it’s my body ramping up 5g nanobot production.

MorrisBae
Jan 18, 2020

by Athanatos
welp

https://twitter.com/Reuters_Health/status/1381985594826502144

lol we’re all going to die

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 363 days!
cool
https://twitter.com/jerryquijano/status/1381984900757196808?s=19

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Koirhor posted:

so I’m two weeks after pfizer #1 and mostly fine but anyone else feel a little “off” later on? Can’t quite put my finger on it, I assume it’s my body ramping up 5g nanobot production.

Pfizer lengthens your wiener but also thins it out so mass in conserved

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

A real monkeys paw sitch

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Pfizer has better graphics but Moderna has a more games.

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 19 hours!

SKULL.GIF posted:

If the entire USA population were jabbed with this vaccine roughly 300 people would die.

How many people die if the entire USA gets COVID-19?

What if they temporarily pause it to determine if the risk is limited to a pretty specific subset like they do all the time with medical stuff

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

MorrisBae posted:

Novavax is coming soon, fam

Oh yeah i forgot about that one. Hmm

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/novavax-says-supply-shortages-delaying-100000637.html posted:

Novavax says supply shortages delaying full-speed production of its COVID-19 vaccine
Carl O'Donnell
April 13, 2021, 6:00 am
By Carl O'Donnell

April 13 (Reuters) - Novavax Inc has pushed back the timeline for hitting its production target of 150 million COVID-19 vaccine doses per month until the third quarter due to supply shortages including bags used to grow cells, a company spokeswoman told Reuters.

E:

MorrisBae posted:

welp

lol we’re all going to die

Lol

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

>:V

brugroffil posted:

What if they temporarily pause it to determine if the risk is limited to a pretty specific subset like they do all the time with medical stuff

Yeah, also if it only affects women then give it to the men

poll plane variant
Jan 12, 2021

by sebmojo
Are those bags from India

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Lacrosse posted:

High fives for the women, coronavirus vaccines for the men.

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 363 days!

Lacrosse posted:

Dudes Rock

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

External Organs posted:

I've got some poor motherfucker who wasn't allowed to get the vaccine because he had both flu A and B and now he's got those + covid on the vent.

Sucks.

That's a bitch.

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

Thump! posted:

High fives for the women, coronavirus vaccines for the men.

Pfizer/Moderna still exists :colbert:

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Koirhor posted:

yeah

of course it could just be ongoing depression / anxiety and allergies as the weather turns

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Lacrosse posted:

Give those to men too.

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

Lacrosse posted:

those are also dude vaccines

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

Here's some more symptoms to look out for

https://twitter.com/amandawgolden/status/1381986986089668615?s=20

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

i was having to work much harder to maintain my typical running pace about 10 days after each shot of moderna

two weeks gone, i'm fine now

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

at this point i'm expecting to be told 'oh poo poo sorry no juice left' for my wife and my 4/23 Pfizer appointment since anywhere using JJ is gonna switch to the other two :-/

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

JAY ZERO SUM GAME posted:

i was having to work much harder to maintain my typical running pace about 10 days after each shot of moderna

two weeks gone, i'm fine now

ok that’s pretty much what happened to me this weekend tried to do my usual cardio and had to cut it short because I was just wiped out

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Wamsutta posted:

at this point i'm expecting to be told 'oh poo poo sorry no juice left' for my wife and my 4/23 Pfizer appointment since anywhere using JJ is gonna switch to the other two :-/

Second doses are allocated based on first doses so you're good.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Thoguh posted:

Second doses are allocated based on first doses so you're good.

i can tell we're in a really good spot when i see something like this and i'm surprised that something baseline like this is being done lol

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster
j&j was basically paused this week already

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

gradenko_2000 posted:

it's insane that people on here are agreeing with Shook Nate

either we pause vaccinations and shut down, or we roll out the vaccines and open up.

pausing vaccinations and opening up is quite literally maximizing the death rate.

Skinnymansbeerbelly
Apr 1, 2010
Got jab #2 of Pfizer yesterday, and other than feeling like I got a good punch in the arm, the major noticeable side effect has been just incredible gas, with no change in diet. Non stop farts overnight, it was enough to wake my cat and have her give me the stink-eye.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

My appointment is in 2 hours, man gently caress this. I guess it's possible they switch to a different vaccine. Or maybe it'll just be cancelled.

BigWeirdSashimi
Jul 10, 2019

Skinnymansbeerbelly posted:

Got jab #2 of Pfizer yesterday, and other than feeling like I got a good punch in the arm, the major noticeable side effect has been just incredible gas, with no change in diet. Non stop farts overnight, it was enough to wake my cat and have her give me the stink-eye.

this is just from the covid thread all bean diet

rabble rabble
Mar 24, 2015

Nap Ghost
sitting post op 2nd Pfizer lmao

open

er

up

Forseti
May 26, 2001
To the lovenasium!

Skinnymansbeerbelly posted:

Yeah, I just got #2 of moderna yesterday and I don't have any severe side effects, but I think my victory food truck tacos may have been a mistake. I was also dehydrated from driving there and back (~7 hours total to round trip to NC) and skipped lunch to make the drive faster, which was probably not a brilliant move.

Today I feel pretty stiff and like I have a pretty strong hangover with less nausea. Still not particularly interested in food though, but I did make myself eat some oatmeal this morning

Strawberry Pyramid
Dec 12, 2020

by Pragmatica
gently caress ur odds, if my daughter got fatal clots from a goddamn jab, I'd be raising seven kinds of hell until I got my pound of big pharma and government flesh. Been there before, more or less.

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

The Pussy Boss posted:

My appointment is in 2 hours, man gently caress this. I guess it's possible they switch to a different vaccine. Or maybe it'll just be cancelled.

they are pausing so that they can develop and distribute warnings about symptoms when you take it. you should still get the shot

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
area chuds: don't shame me!! don't shame me bro!!!

https://www.9news.com/amp/article/n...46-5405fd473c8e

quote:

Shaming of the unvaccinated intensifies in Colorado as push to inoculate grows, some say

Some Coloradans say they’re being criticized for choosing not to be inoculated. :qq: :qq:

COLORADO, USA — Millions of Americans say they don’t plan on getting immunized for COVID-19, but that vaccine hesitancy now appears to be giving way to vaccine shaming.

Some Coloradans say they’re being criticized for choosing not to be inoculated.

Resident Sue Krys said she’s been called un-American, stupid and selfish for her decision.

“People are shaming me, telling me I’m not ‘doing my part to keep other people safe,’” she said. “If they’re afraid, they don’t have to be around me.”

About one in three Americans said in February they probably or definitely won’t be inoculated, according to a Pew Research poll. That's an improvement from last September, when nearly half of Americans said they didn't think they'd get the vaccine.

But public backlash for those who don’t might worsen in coming months.

Out of a massive push to vaccinate at least 70% of Americans has come the idea of vaccine passport programs, where people must show proof of vaccination in order to travel, attend large events and work in some jobs.

Such a requirement, in itself, constitutes shaming, said Colorado Springs resident Bill Stephens.

“I think we’re still in a free country,” he said. “Don’t I get to take responsibility for myself? Those who think otherwise, if they’re that concerned, they can stay home. I’m not responsible for them.”

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

fosborb posted:

they are pausing so that they can develop and distribute warnings about symptoms when you take it. you should still get the shot

My read is The Pussy Boss is assuming that the vaccination center will decline to provide the J&J vaccine because of the pause, not that The Pussy Boss is considering declining the J&J vaccine.

edit: a word

SKULL.GIF has issued a correction as of 17:01 on Apr 13, 2021

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

ex post facho posted:

This is the precise purpose of social shaming and what it should be used for. :qq: NO SHAMING :qq: is just idiots trying to squirm out of their social responsibility.

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure
I don’t think covid was released on purpose but I fully believe that world leaders are using as an opportunity to cull the human population. fight me

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

ex post facho posted:

quote:

Resident Sue Krys said she’s been called un-American, stupid and selfish for her decision.

“People are shaming me, telling me I’m not ‘doing my part to keep other people safe,’” she said. “If they’re afraid, they don’t have to be around me.”

The way this pandemic has been turned into "stay home if you're a big pussy" is incredible to me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

nexous posted:

I don’t think covid was released on purpose but I fully believe that world leaders are using as an opportunity to cull the human population. fight me

that's you're plan to cull me, i don't think so