Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
poll
This poll is closed.
answer 1 9 8.33%
answer 2 15 13.89%
answer 3 48 44.44%
answer 4 36 33.33%
Total: 108 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

Walla posted:

Good luck!

I'm not even on the list yet.

Whoah, where you at?? Even in the tiny southern town I'm in right now, CVS and Walgreens both have it for the general public with no appointment even needed

I'm a foreign citizen but I work with high risk Americans so I can get it as soon as my documents get here this week. I hope it doesn't make me sick. It made my mum a little sick for like one day after the second dose but she said it wasn't really bad at all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Simone Magus posted:

Whoah, where you at?? Even in the tiny southern town I'm in right now, CVS and Walgreens both have it for the general public with no appointment even needed

I know Massachusetts isn't opening availability for another week for the general public.

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

I know Massachusetts isn't opening availability for another week for the general public.

Oh wow. I just assumed I was in the most rear end backward part of the country lol

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Simone Magus posted:

Oh wow. I just assumed I was in the most rear end backward part of the country lol

For a while West Virginia was doing the best because they didn't do some dumbass public-private partnership and just used government resources. Wild how that worked.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

It's really surprising to me that Wisconsin is making it easier to get vaccinated than somewhere like Massachusetts. It's been open to everyone over 16 here since April 5 and my girlfriend and I got our first shots last Saturday.

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

Simone Magus posted:

MA is a hyper lib state that's gerrymandered so severely that it consistently has shitfuck republican governors. It's a mess.

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

MA is a hyper lib state that's gerrymandered so severely that it consistently has shitfuck republican governors. It's a mess.

MA has legal weed but republican governor?? Haha

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Simone Magus posted:

MA has legal weed but republican governor?? Haha

Mitt Romney was governor of Massachusetts before he ran for president, to put it into perspective. It's been that way there for a long while.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Simone Magus posted:

I'm a foreign citizen but I work with high risk Americans so I can get it as soon as my documents get here this week. I hope it doesn't make me sick. It made my mum a little sick for like one day after the second dose but she said it wasn't really bad at all

I'm in Maryland in a densely populated area. My disabled in laws in their 60's just got theirs. I'll be called up soon, but I'm hoping for the vaccine to be approved for adolescents so my son can get it as well.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

meanwhile in oklahoma all the county and tribal health departments are begging anyone and everyone to please come get vaccinated before they have to start throwing out unused doses. you literally don't even have to live in oklahoma to come here and get the jab, you just have to be 16 or over

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

Massachusetts is a land of contrasts. First state to allow same-sex marriage, but you can't buy alcohol until after church time on Sundays. Mitt Romney was governor but he put together the proto-Obamacare in Massachusetts.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Maryland is actually doing well administering the vaccine, I just live in a densely populated area with a decent number of elderly and other priority people. But that's true for most of the Western Shore.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Maryland also has a Republican Governor but Hogan is mostly ok. I highly approve of how our state responded to Covid but I don't know how much that comes from him.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

chrono cross needs a remaster if only to unfuck the battle framerate

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Rarity posted:

Feel like pure poo poo just want him back :negative:

me, fighting the next boss: This one's for Himiko... and Rao...and Kabegami...and Wada, and Otohime...AND TOBI YOU SON OF A BITCH

xedo
Nov 7, 2011

Walla posted:

Maryland also has a Republican Governor but Hogan is mostly ok. I highly approve of how our state responded to Covid but I don't know how much that comes from him.

I live in Maryland too. Hogan has... some pretty serious flaws that mostly fly under the radar. He cut 100% of the state funding of an environmental group, and we think it was retaliatory for something the org highlighted. Luckily the ballot referendum last November ended his line item control of the state budget.

Admittedly his covid response has been not-poo poo.

Edit: Video-game wise, I'm at the last chapter of Yakuza 6, so I'm hoping to start 13 Sentinels this week!

xedo fucked around with this message at 15:37 on Apr 13, 2021

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Its good

Baller Time
Apr 22, 2014

by Azathoth
Maybe it's because I already played 2 other Yakuza games this year, but I'm not feeling Yakuza 4. I'm at the start of the third character now and I think I just wanna stop playing and watch a recap when I start the Yakuza 5 in half a year or so.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Baller Time posted:

Maybe it's because I already played 2 other Yakuza games this year, but I'm not feeling Yakuza 4. I'm at the start of the third character now and I think I just wanna stop playing and watch a recap when I start the Yakuza 5 in half a year or so.

I felt the exact same way about 6 hours into Yakuza 3 and I'm glad i ditched the older games when i did and moved onto 6 which is excellent!

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Baller Time posted:

4 is the worst imo.
One city with bad garage/roof zones instead of many locales is lame
Each character does not have a lot of side quests so the map feels empty cause other character quests are hidden if you arent in their chapter
Learning new moves requires a trial and error mini game and rewatching a huge qte cutscene if you fail
Saejimas prison section is a gameplay nadir and "humanizing" him by having him be tempted by but ultimately overcome his sexual assault desires when first out of prison results in the absolute worst scene in the series.
The ending owns a lot tho. Its worth suffering through. The last 45 mins is a series high point

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Baller Time posted:

I think I took a break for a few months when I was 80% done with Kiwami 2 to help with my burnout, but Yakuza 4 is a good place to take a break, not cause it’s bad (imho it’s the poorest billionaire out of the 8/10 titles) but because Yakuza 5 was the one they made to combat burnout by shoving Everything into that game so you wanna be fresh for that.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

i've been on the last chapter of yakuza 4 for like two months now because i don't want to start the finale without the bulletproof armor but i also don't want to do tanimura's combat training to get it. it was also a bad move to have you spend 3/4 of the game playing as guys less interesting than kiryu. saejima is okay except for The Bad Cutscene but i don't care about the other two at all

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT
My biggest problem with 4 is that tanimura was a cool character with a good story that they never did anything with ever again, likely because of the tabloid bullshit that drove his VA out of the business.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Weedle posted:

i've been on the last chapter of yakuza 4 for like two months now because i don't want to start the finale without the bulletproof armor but i also don't want to do tanimura's combat training to get it. it was also a bad move to have you spend 3/4 of the game playing as guys less interesting than kiryu. saejima is okay except for The Bad Cutscene but i don't care about the other two at all

5 cuts sone characters and replaces them with cooler ones. The prison segment still blows hard but not as hard as 4

Weedle
May 31, 2006

one saving grace of y4 though is akiyama's flurry move where he caps it off by slamming them directly into the ground with a huge heel kick. owns every time

xedo
Nov 7, 2011

Real hurthling! posted:

5 cuts sone characters and replaces them with cooler ones. The prison segment still blows hard but not as hard as 4

Shinada from 5 honestly wound up being a favorite of mine. Also I'm just a sucker for a good baseball drama in general.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Tobi my friend you did not perish in vain :black101:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Final Fantasy XIV for PS5 added haptic feedback to the new update today.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Okami: there's a whole other section of the map hidden to the north loving hell :stare:

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

:shittydog:

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Rarity posted:

Okami: there's a whole other section of the map hidden to the north loving hell :stare:

Im sorry did you think we were joking about how long Okami is?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

xedo posted:

Shinada from 5 honestly wound up being a favorite of mine. Also I'm just a sucker for a good baseball drama in general.

shinada's story made me care about baseball, a sport i normally believe is about as engaging as waiting for a bus

Weedle
May 31, 2006

check out the movie “i will buy you” if you want more japanese baseball drama

http://www.criterionchannel.com/videos/i-will-buy-you

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Baseball dramas are fine. The sport is about as entertaining as watching paint dry. Then again the only sports I like are soccer and tennis.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Baseball sucks but it's a good excuse to eat half smokes and day drink

Well, it was, anyway

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Patrick (H) Willem recently did a whole thing on why baseball makes for great movies despite never being a sports fan himself.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Every sport is fun and engaging if you care

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
The only good sport is pro wrestling

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
broke: actual irl baseball games