Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
poll
This poll is closed.
answer 1 9 8.33%
answer 2 15 13.89%
answer 3 48 44.44%
answer 4 36 33.33%
Total: 108 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Didn't goons fall in love with Genshin Impact and that's not even based on an established IP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Help Im Alive posted:

What games do you guys play on your phones, I've got:
uma musume
mahjong soul
hachigatsu no cinderella nine
sometimes genshin impact but its not that good on phone
kairosoft classics in particular home run high and pocket staples
sometimes d4dj but I'm now officially bored of that

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
I'm happy I've never been drawn to gacha games cause I have problems with that kind of addiction and imagine I'd get unhealthily hooked if I ever gave them a try

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Jay Rust posted:

Yeah but I’m talking to goons here, hopefully none of you are like “oh word this bad game features teddy? I’m in”
i paid actual money to get the tile backs that have the penguin that one of the main characters from saki carries around all the time, in mahjong soul

and now theyve announced a kakegurui collab and i'm like, drat i need that

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT
I had an unfortunate bout with puzzles and dragons for a minute there, I think I spent like $20 and felt like a complete idiot

never again

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Fire Emblem Heroes at least has gameplay instead of just being ten layers of skinner box wrapped around rock paper scissors. It's the only gacha I've tried that actually made me have fun instead of solely being appealing for the anime jpgs

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

haveblue posted:

Didn't goons fall in love with Genshin Impact and that's not even based on an established IP

It probably helps that Genshin has really nice graphics and actually good exploration and combat gameplay to get people invested.

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from

Simone Magus posted:

I posted before but I think it got lost, there's a terrifically funny anime on Netflix called The Way of the Househusband about an ex Yakuza that does housewife stuff

Seconding this. My wife and I took a peek at it on friday and binge watched it all the way through.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Help Im Alive posted:

i just bounce between the forums and discord and hope everyone's more bored at work than i am so there are plenty of posts to read

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

cheetah7071 posted:

Fire Emblem Heroes at least has gameplay instead of just being ten layers of skinner box wrapped around rock paper scissors. It's the only gacha I've tried that actually made me have fun instead of solely being appealing for the anime jpgs
let me tell you about a little game called genshin impact

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
The gachas with the most effort tend to be new IPs cause they have to have a hook to make people care

Video game gachas tend to be miniature versions of their respective series with varying levels of success

Anime gachas are extremely dire cause they know you'll shell out a thousand bucks for the same character in a slightly different outfit and don't even bother to pretend to have good gameplay

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

homeless snail posted:

let me tell you about a little game called genshin impact

I tried it it sucked op

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

flusteredly, uh let me tell you about a little game called uma musume

actually the gacha in uma musume isnt that good

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I played a Godzilla clicker for a while before I got bored. Don’t really like phone gaming

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
People don't usually call card games gacha but they should, so add shadowverse to the list of gachas I actually found fun

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Before I got to the end of that sentence I was thinking card games like Blackjack.

Oh you want to hit? Buy an additional card for $9.99 Best Value

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Saint Freak posted:

Before I got to the end of that sentence I was thinking card games like Blackjack.

You're thinking of Poker

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Help Im Alive posted:

I want to play Fantasian but Apple Arcade is two strikes against it...

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

now on my phone i just play the ultimate gacha game, of gambling all my trump and biden bucks on the stock market. its like antigacha really, they're paying me to go play the kakegurui collab banner in mahjong soul, practically

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Now if companies started giving you an anime jpg to go with your stock, we'd be talking

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Gimme anime gifs instead of jpgs, anime devs

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Jay Rust posted:

Gimme anime gifs instead of jpgs, anime devs
well, if you insist
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJEnt3HqNNQ

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
the only mobile phone game ive ever got into was 1000000

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

JollyBoyJohn posted:

the only mobile phone game ive ever got into was 1000000

that's a lot of mobile phone games maybe just pick one or two?

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Lol, welp my shot is cancelled because someone got a blood clot. Sure there's like a ten thousand percent better chance of getting a blood clot from aspirin or birth control, but now is the time to put people's safety in mind and make sure they aren't vaccinated.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

This is so sad

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Jay Rust posted:

This is so sad
oh yeah? would you call the gacha miracle sad?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0JgkFkQFbSA

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Saint Freak posted:

There is, in fact, a blackjack gacha called BattleJack

Though that's more like, you gacha for your rpg party that has stats and skills that help you when fighting monsters using blackjack

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Saint Freak posted:

Lol, welp my shot is cancelled because someone got a blood clot. Sure there's like a ten thousand percent better chance of getting a blood clot from aspirin or birth control, but now is the time to put people's safety in mind and make sure they aren't vaccinated.

Gotta gently caress over every vaccine but the really expensive mRNA ones. What an odd and expensive turn of events.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

A large percentage of americans: COVID isnt real and no one has died from it its all hospitals making it up so they get more money, there's nothing to be afraid of stop living in fear

A large percentage of americans: I will never get the vaccine I heard a guys arm hurt very badly after getting it what if that happens to me?????

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
I only play picross luna on my phone but I've almost completed all the puzzles so who knows after that

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Saint Freak posted:

That sucks. Also, not sure if you got my last PM but you're awesome.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I love this first line of the blurb for Mortal Kombat

Why has Outworld's emperor sent his best warrior, Sub-Zero, to hunt down MMA fighter Cole Young?

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I love this first line of the blurb for Mortal Kombat

Why has Outworld's emperor sent his best warrior, Sub-Zero, to hunt down MMA fighter Cole Young?

Well, it is a very good question :thunkher:

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

lmao

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

https://twitter.com/BeerStix/status/1381423996613361666

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Oh word this bad game features Ann Takamaki? I’m in

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

wuggles posted:

Oh word this bad game features Ann Takamaki? I’m in

:hmmyes:

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

wuggles posted:

Oh word this bad game features Best Girl Makoto? I’m in

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT
hoo boy I finally beat my first dad fight in sekiro that took like 30 tries

i just kept getting creamed until that last fight his pattern clicked and I just walked through him without a death like i could see the matrix