Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

TinTower posted:

Oh no, I’m expecting the opposite: for the three liberals, ACB, Kavanaugh, and Roberts to write the sensible majority option, Alito and Thomas to write the Scalia-imitating-but-never-duplicating silly concurrences, and Gorsuch to write the “there is nothing in the constitution that limits the Second Amendment to non-nuclear weapons” dissent.

The joke is that owning a nuke is supported 8-1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

So they have multiple sentient hole punches?

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
if a boy cant buy hundreds of smoke detectors and make his own reactor, are we truely free?

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

God dammit, I swear my sister and brother in law are going down the Q hole (or at the very best, she thinks Trump is still secretly President bs)

On January 20th, she posted (with God Bless the USA video):

quote:

I am fully awake. Are you???

My faith has never faltered and is just as strong today as yesterday.

Please keep our military safe today and in the future as they protect our country.

History will be made today.

In February she posted this picture:

Tonight, she posted this:

quote:

I love a good puzzle, especially when the pieces start falling into place, in more ways than one. Patience and faith help bring the entire picture into focus. For now though, the excitement is building!!

I have tried to figure out what the 20,880 and 410 means but I cannot. It is saddening to see them going this path.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

PhazonLink posted:

if a boy cant buy hundreds of smoke detectors and make his own reactor, are we truely free?

Didn't that kid later go insane and ended up melting himself while trying to make a bomb?

Devorum
Jul 30, 2005

Katt posted:

Didn't that kid later go insane and ended up melting himself while trying to make a bomb?

No, he died of a fentanyl overdose in 2016.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Bizarro Kanyon posted:

I have witnessed the “merchant ships were allowed to have cannons and warships so the founders wanted private citizens to have all of the weapons no matter what” argument.

i know i can't possibly have been the person to originate the "private ownership specifically of the mightiest weapon of war in 1776 was legal, so private ownership of the mightiest weapon of war in 2021 should be legal" theory, but i haven't actually encountered it in the wild / unironically

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

GreyjoyBastard posted:

i know i can't possibly have been the person to originate the "private ownership specifically of the mightiest weapon of war in 1776 was legal, so private ownership of the mightiest weapon of war in 2021 should be legal" theory, but i haven't actually encountered it in the wild / unironically

It is like meeting an AnarchoCapitalist or Sov Citizen in the wild. You hear of them and think that they could theoretically exist but you never are prepared to meet them in real life.

Pogonodon
Sep 10, 2010

Bizarro Kanyon posted:

I have tried to figure out what the 20,880 and 410 means but I cannot. It is saddening to see them going this path.

Not sure where 20880 comes from, but 410 is from some conservative news rag claiming Trump actually had 410 electoral votes. So yeah it's exactly as bad as you think it is.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
That 410 vote map has Trump winning California but not Colorado, if you want to know how seriously to take it.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
410 smoke weed every other day.

sweart gliwere
Jul 5, 2005

better to die an evil wizard,
than to live as a grand one.
Pillbug

TinTower posted:

That 410 vote map has Trump winning California but not Colorado, if you want to know how seriously to take it.

It's got to be expected, since he was never consistently contradicted about his 2016 lies about three million fake CA votes.

Just tepid "false claim" footnotes rather than calling out The Big Lie after the first good-faith correction.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

the_steve posted:

So they have multiple sentient hole punches?

I'm a toaster. A perfectly ordinary, normal toaster capable of toasting bread provided bread and sufficient electrical power.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

sweart gliwere posted:

It's got to be expected, since he was never consistently contradicted about his 2016 lies about three million fake CA votes.

Just tepid "false claim" footnotes rather than calling out The Big Lie after the first good-faith correction.

I love how his claim is that he still would’ve lost California in 2016 by over a million votes.

borkencode
Nov 10, 2004

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Pogonodon posted:

but 410 is from some conservative news rag claiming Trump actually had 410 electoral votes. So yeah it's exactly as bad as you think it is.

Oh dear lord.

TinTower posted:

Now it just became really, really sad.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back

Im laughing that they apparently gave the guy a small ladder to confiscate guns.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

RenegadeStyle1 posted:

Im laughing that they apparently gave the guy a small ladder to confiscate guns.

When scared, guns are known to climb up into trees to hide from predators.

darthbob88
Oct 13, 2011

YOSPOS
I always love stuff like this because it's conservatives admitting that they're criminals with no respect for the law. Nothing ever comes of pointing it out, but it's a fun few minutes of hammering on their "law and order" credentials.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

darthbob88 posted:

I always love stuff like this because it's conservatives admitting that they're criminals with no respect for the law. Nothing ever comes of pointing it out, but it's a fun few minutes of hammering on their "law and order" credentials.

Well no, you see, because if it's a "law" they don't like, then it's actually unjust and void as a Real Law and it doesn't count.

darthbob88
Oct 13, 2011

YOSPOS

the_steve posted:

Well no, you see, because if it's a "law" they don't like, then it's actually unjust and void as a Real Law and it doesn't count.
"The Constitution says I have an absolute right to all the machine guns I can eat, so this confiscation is illegitimate. SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED, MOTHERFUCKERS!"

Vlaphor
Dec 18, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

I know I've seen the "original" photoshop of this before (the bullet holes and such were added afterwards) and I want to say it was originally from SA. A Photoshop Phriday or something. I could be wrong, but I feel like I'm not.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

Vlaphor posted:

I know I've seen the "original" photoshop of this before (the bullet holes and such were added afterwards) and I want to say it was originally from SA. A Photoshop Phriday or something. I could be wrong, but I feel like I'm not.

I haven't tracked down the origin for sure, but here's the earliest I can find:
https://www.reddit.com/r/GunsAreCool/comments/3nzwfb/gun_confiscation_van_it_has_begun/

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
if they try that they're going to be lit up right back.

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

darthbob88 posted:

Surprised it doesn't have the ol' "If you want my guns, I'll give you them... one bullet at a time :clint:"

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

Also they have a "gun confiscation unit" instead of just the police or military since that wouldn't be quite as patriotic I guess.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Bizarro Kanyon posted:

God dammit, I swear my sister and brother in law are going down the Q hole (or at the very best, she thinks Trump is still secretly President bs)

First you must understand that Obama (also known as 0Bummer) has already been taken out, so you can treat any 0 as a space. An empty space just like Obama was just an empty suit for the Marxists. Once you do that, and start on the right (because it's the right side of history) the message becomes obvious how trump is the second 1488.

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...

PhazonLink posted:

I always want to remind these chucklefucks that the Persian's response to Leonidas was "Okay" but I realize that I'm wasting my breath doing so.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

HootTheOwl posted:

First you must understand that Obama (also known as 0Bummer) has already been taken out, so you can treat any 0 as a space. An empty space just like Obama was just an empty suit for the Marxists. Once you do that, and start on the right (because it's the right side of history) the message becomes obvious how trump is the second 1488.

Thanks, now I have to forget something I wanted to know.

Oh God. For some people, the mere fact that you have to decode it means that it must be true. That's it, isn't it ?

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

People like the idea that they are in on some big secret that all the "sheeple" arent clued in on.

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

simplefish posted:

Surprised it doesn't have the ol' "If you want my guns, I'll give you them... one bullet at a time :clint:"

Then if it actually happens (It won't) they'll do the whole 'I'll pay them in pennies!' thing and actually turn the weapons in one bullet at a time from their Keeping The Powder Dry stores.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

PhazonLink posted:

It's way harder to show the bullets bouncing off an MRAP than just punching through a contractor van that the feds would totally use for a high risk raid like that.

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Vroom vroom, BEEP BEEP!
Nap Ghost

Thump! posted:

It's way harder to show the bullets bouncing off an MRAP than just punching through a contractor van that the feds would totally use for a high risk raid like that.

:umberto:

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

Bizarro Kanyon posted:

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Axetrain posted:

Also they have a "gun confiscation unit" instead of just the police or military since that wouldn't be quite as patriotic I guess.

Police and the military are either true blue American patriot heroes or planted full of liberal commie Marxists depending on what the recent news about them has been. So either they are a bunch of traitors who will be the ones doing the gun grabbing because of all the liberal plants, or they're the ones who will stop the gun grabbing and start the revolution to imprison all Dems.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

PhazonLink posted:

"Sometimes, it's bad to have a hobby"

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Bizarro Kanyon posted:

I've heard it posited that the internet makes you stupid.

That sucks though.

I wonder sometimes where my dad and his wife might have landed about now had they not passed away when Obama was president. My step mom used to send me some of those "Obama pledged allegiance with the WRONG HAND" types of memes back when I had to politely introduce her to snopes and suggest to her to fact check poo poo.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
so does the white queen mean queen clinton has killed Obama, or Biden or Donnie?

i only ask because USPol recently had a minor chess thing with Pompeo posting a pic of himself being smart with a chess board.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Don't you say check before checkmate? Like players are regularly put in check?