Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
I found Yakuza 3 off putting at first after 0-2 but I actually really enjoyed it once you start doing a few things, the substories are pretty fun I think, I especially liked the one where you are trying to do English lessons, that must've been fun for Japanese players.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

BisterdDave posted:

https://twitter.com/PlayStation/status/1381955492315074563?s=19

I don't play Fortnite, but Aloy looks dope as gently caress in it.

If this keeps up, by 2026 we're going to be able to recreate the Ultimate Showdown of Ultimate Destiny in Fortnite

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

fortnite is the Street Sharks of gaming

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Escobarbarian posted:

Haha I think it took me a bunch more tries. It took me a lot more times than Veeg!!!

I didn’t think I could be angrier at the Yhorm fight but then on Veeg’s stream the companion died when he had not even taken 5% of Yhorm’s health off. Like on mine at least he died when Yhorm was nearly done. I can’t believe From would program it so he can literally die within a few seconds of the fight starting. I honestly think that’s really lovely and mean and it put me in a terrible mood for a good 15 minutes after haha. Dark Souls!!!!!!!

I was informed that my health in the Oceirus fight was this low and somehow I survived and won:

Coupled with a few of my ridiculously lucky dodges against Dancer, so really my luck has to be balanced out by these things. :)

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

RareAcumen posted:

If this keeps up, by 2026 we're going to be able to recreate the Ultimate Showdown of Ultimate Destiny in Fortnite

Need to build a crossover chart (exclude Smash as its own thing)

Aloy guested in Monster Hunter World, which had portals to FF14 and The Witcher, both of which crossed over with NieR Automata (the latter through Soul Calibur)...

Edit: On the other hand I don't think Aloy as a character actually shows up in either base MHW or Iceborne? It's just cosmetics right, all the other ones have established narrative setups that make them the actual characters.

Like in Fortnite is there any narrative element or is it also just "skins"

CharlieFoxtrot fucked around with this message at 08:56 on Apr 14, 2021

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Need to build a crossover chart (exclude Smash as its own thing)

Aloy guested in Monster Hunter World, which had portals to FF14 and The Witcher, both of which crossed over with NieR Automata (the latter through Soul Calibur)...

Edit: On the other hand I don't think Aloy as a character actually shows up in either base MHW or Iceborne? It's just cosmetics right, all the other ones have established narrative setups that make them the actual characters.

Like in Fortnite is there any narrative element or is it also just "skins"

I've been under the impression that aside from Thanos they're all just skins to wear that don't have any special powers. I don't play Fortnite, not a Battle Royale kinda guy, I was more interested in their Save the World mode at first but that wasn't free and I didn't have much available on my PS4 at the time so why it give it a whirl?

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

It's just skins but they're really loving good skins

I don't play Fortnite but I like X-Men a lot so when they had the Marvel event I checked out the skins and all I could think of was "why isn't there a Marvel game that looks like this"

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Fortnite is the reason why Sony allowed cross play on their consoles. Thank you Epic Games

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

very ashamed of y'all stream watchers who didn't guide veeg to the creepiest place in all of DS3, the pointless secret room full of hand monsters

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
I don't have anything against these crossovers but they don't do anything for me either. For me the appeal of a character comes from the setting they are in and their "personality" and how these gel with each other.
Therefore, injecting them in other games doesn't appeal to me.

If it's their clothing and it fits thematically, which in MHW both Aloy's and Gerald's kinda would, it "makes sense" but a Stormtrooper Armor or the Joker in Fortnite for example? That's just random.

Like I said, I don't think it is "bad" but I don't really get the appeal.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

fortnite bad, also trash

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

very ashamed of y'all stream watchers who didn't guide veeg to the creepiest place in all of DS3, the pointless secret room full of hand monsters

The whatnow?

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!
Just give us Playstation All-Stars 2 so we can have the ultimate crossover mashup.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

fortnite bad, also trash

do not sign you are posts

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

fortnite crap from an rear end

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

VideoGames posted:

The whatnow?

there's a secret room in the poison swamp below the handbeast you fought and it's a creepy day-spa for handbeasts

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Hopper posted:

I don't have anything against these crossovers but they don't do anything for me either. For me the appeal of a character comes from the setting they are in and their "personality" and how these gel with each other.
Therefore, injecting them in other games doesn't appeal to me.

If it's their clothing and it fits thematically, which in MHW both Aloy's and Gerald's kinda would, it "makes sense" but a Stormtrooper Armor or the Joker in Fortnite for example? That's just random.

Like I said, I don't think it is "bad" but I don't really get the appeal.

For me I love stuff like smash bros where they are actually taking the character and making them a living thing inside this other game with their own moves and playstyle.

Aloy in Fortnite who plays the exact same as everyone else and is just a skin? no thanks

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Goons: the skins in Fortnite don’t do anything and suck

Also Goons: the outfits in Bloodborne don’t do anything but fashion souls is life

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

univbee posted:

Now I'm imagining him putting on like 350 pounds and going by that name. Hugeo "Big Boss" Kojumbo.

.. the La le lu le dough??

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

The Walrus posted:

.. the La le lu le dough??

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Fortnite joins the illustrious list of games that normalize white people with dreadlocks, that’s a big W in the chat from me

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Also Goons: the outfits in Bloodborne don’t do anything but fashion souls is life

Putting a character into a game with their playstyle intact somehow: cool and good
Having a blank slate character you can dress up like barbie: cool and good
Having a pre-existing character you can dress up a bit like spiderman, or white spiderman: Hmm ok. Not bad
Having a skin with 0 effect that you slap on top of an existing blank slate character: bad

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?
Nah the skin is good

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

lol you best believe I’d be playing as Aloy in every game if I could

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

Bust Rodd posted:

Fortnite joins the illustrious list of games that normalize white people with dreadlocks, that’s a big W in the chat from me

This might be a bait post, but please elaborate, I don't understand what the problem is with white people and dreadlocks?
Aside for being a questionable aesthetic choice maybe.

Tall Tale Teller
May 20, 2003
Grave? Shovel! Let's go.

Extreme cultural appropriation.

Plus you look like a gross fraggle.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Hopper posted:

This might be a bait post, but please elaborate, I don't understand what the problem is with white people and dreadlocks?
Aside for being a questionable aesthetic choice maybe.

There’s literally nothing wrong with white people who have dreadlocks. That’s why I am saying it’s a good thing.

Tall Tale Teller posted:

Extreme cultural appropriation.

Plus you look like a gross fraggle.

LoL

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Outfits in Bloodborne have stats and while not being as critical as on Dark Souls games, you can stack fire resist and is worth doing. Fashion gives a tactical advantage tho.

Bloodsouls fashion good. Fortnite skins bad and kids can get addicted to them.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Bust Rodd posted:

There’s literally nothing wrong with white people who have dreadlocks. That’s why I am saying it’s a good thing.

Someone add this to the Bust Rodd Lore

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
You don't have to pay separately for each bloodborne armor set

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
I pick my Bloodborne armor by the only stat that matters: Dapperness.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Me, playing as Jon Wick, absolutely dismantling a wave of Aloy's with my gun-kata and insane moebius tunnel twister secret fortress building techniques

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Bust Rodd posted:

Me, playing as Jon Wick, absolutely dismantling a wave of Aloy's with my gun-kata and insane moebius tunnel twister secret fortress building techniques

:chloe:

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

haveblue posted:

You don't have to pay separately for each bloodborne armor set
but you have to pay for the game. the skins are just cosmetic so that you can't buy an advantage. *shrug* it's a multiplayer game that's free, they have to make money somehow.
i don't get the fornite hate. it's like a fun little open world game with randomized enemies you play 20 minute rounds in. it's very pretty, there's "fall" section of the map now and at sunset or sunrise it's beautiful, it plays very well. it just doesn't seem to be a thing worth complaining about. i pop in, fish, drive around, shoot some people, it's a video game

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE

InsertPotPun posted:

the skins are just cosmetic

Doesn't matter! Not a justification for anything. Never has been, never will be.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

sony will remaster BB but with MTX :yeshaha:

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE
QoP, I admire your dedication to lurking in this thread and just saying whatever you think will most effectively annoy everyone else into writing up a big "first of all, how dare you" retort

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

sony will remaster BB but with MTX :yeshaha:

$1.99 to gain insight

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Instant Grat posted:

QoP, I admire your dedication to lurking in this thread and just saying whatever you think will most effectively annoy everyone else into writing up a big "first of all, how dare you" retort

Don't hate the player hate the game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I don't know if I would call my over 9000 posts in this thread "lurking"

I'd call them poo poo !!!!