Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

SatoshiMiwa posted:

It's not just swing counts...but what if all the times corner punches were counted by the crowd and weren't accurate. The entire history of Pro-wrestling would than be false

We're through the looking glass here people!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jesus, that would mean Bryan Danielson didn't have til five back in the day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=apuYq3VIqmU

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

Raffles posted:

Whilst reading a story on the F4W website I accidently clicked on the share to Google+ button. The same Google+ that was discontinued on 2019.

Don't tell them, we can't have them try to fix this.

Raffles
Dec 7, 2004

there are things about the VOW podcast I dislike which means I don't listen regularly, however my opinions on wrestling line up with Lanza's pretty much 100% of the time.

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

cesaro won the andre the giant memorial battle royal 7 YEARS AGO holy poo poo

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i thought it was at least 10 years ago

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
It takes 8 years to build a midcarder.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
30 years ago, Cesaro won the Andre the Memorial Battle Royale.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Bryan did a UFO on his toddler :lol:

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
I am dying at Bryan going to the park to do wrestling moves on his kids

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!
We don't talk enough about how WWE shot an angle where The Undertaker literally killed The Ultimate Warrior.
https://twitter.com/BTSheetsPod/status/1381480191684448256

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

open up your twitter replies to restore the weave of fate, or persist in the doomed world you have created

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

davidbix posted:

We don't talk enough about how WWE shot an angle where The Undertaker literally killed The Ultimate Warrior.

Early Undertaker could see the disdain for his late career coming and tried to bank some goodwill!

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Jerusalem posted:

Early Undertaker could see the disdain for his late career coming and tried to bank some goodwill!
hmm probably more like a student striking down their master type of deal

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
I liked Vinny's point about how submissions are good because it means the camera cuts stop

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

davidbix posted:

It's getting a little late so my first thought was 'Herb's promotion had splinter groups?'

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

davidbix posted:

Me explaining to my stepdad that Ultimate Warrior was actually killed and stuffed in a coffin, while my stepdad had a wry smile on his face will always be something I think fondly of.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
I was at the taping when Taker killed Warrior in the coffin and it was certainly an interesting show for a kid who was seeing his first live wrestling show.

Oh, also it's when Damien was smooshed by Earthquake. Lots of death on that show!

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Bryan's not going to review the DX episode of The Monday Night Wars :(

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I don’t blame him. It’s so so bad.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I really loved Bryan pointing out that in 2014 WWE was putting out documentary shows where they "celebrated and romanticized" the fact that during the Monday Night Wars they hyper-sexualized the women wrestlers, like two years before the "Women's Revolution".

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
died at bryan referring to the rko as a falling cravate

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Incessant Excess posted:

died at bryan referring to the rko as a falling cravate

he was on goofballs or something sunday, rare level of insanity.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

solo semp show, truly cursed

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

i like semp by himself more than him and bryan

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Jerusalem posted:

I really loved Bryan pointing out that in 2014 WWE was putting out documentary shows where they "celebrated and romanticized" the fact that during the Monday Night Wars they hyper-sexualized the women wrestlers, like two years before the "Women's Revolution".

The only thing I'll disagree with is that ignoring marketing 2014 was the actual real origins of the Womens Revolution as it was when they started to take off in NXT (including Charlotte being #2 for Most Improved) with their singles matches at TakeOver's though in my personal opinion when it became "holy poo poo this is loving phenomenal" was the four way Charlotte v Sasha v Bayley v Becky at Rival in February in 2015 where Sasha Banks became champion.

The reason to disagree is because its even more obscene that in 2014 when the NXT Four Horsewomen were quietly making themselves main eventers and must see it was at that same time this documentary was released. It's not even "it was only two years before", it's that they were glorofying the attitude era sexploitation while at the same time in NXT the womans revolution was coming.

Unrelated but looking back on it NXT TakeOver: Rival might've been one of the best WWE cards ever, the main event of Sami v Owens I remember to this day as well.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Smoking Crow posted:

i like semp by himself more than him and bryan

Semp with Bryan is completely unlistenable. He's so bad.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

there was a WOR a few years ago after Mania that was Semp hosting and interviewing Dave and Bryan over the phone. one of the all time worst editions of WOR

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

The few times I subbed for Semp on WOL, it turned me into a significantly more of a babbling, incoherent mess than usual. You'd expect the co-host spot to be relatively easy, but your time is so limited by the commercial WOL format and you have such little control over it that it completely throws you off. It's not wonder that Semp is better on regular podcasts and even his solo WOLs, because he has more control and thus can relax more.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

The reality of the situation of the fact of the matter is Semp needs to cut down on his clauses in every sentence considering the fact that concerning the reality of listeners having to follow along to any point he's trying to make.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

semp overuses metaphors and similes

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

He had one about tilling the land to explain why WWE programming sucks and AEW programming largely doesn't that went on for about 20 minutes, but I guess that's just how podcasts gotta be. "Vince is bad" would've sufficed

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

davidbix posted:

The few times I subbed for Semp on WOL, it turned me into a significantly more of a babbling, incoherent mess than usual. You'd expect the co-host spot to be relatively easy, but your time is so limited by the commercial WOL format and you have such little control over it that it completely throws you off. It's not wonder that Semp is better on regular podcasts and even his solo WOLs, because he has more control and thus can relax more.

Do you have to watch the clock when doing it? Live radio and TV like that is surprisingly tough because you're constantly running a clock in your head for everything.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

yea ok posted:

he was on goofballs or something sunday, rare level of insanity.

"and the Fiend looks up and he says 'Holy poo poo! She's got goo coming out of her face! What the gently caress is going on?'"

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Gumball Gumption posted:

Do you have to watch the clock when doing it? Live radio and TV like that is surprisingly tough because you're constantly running a clock in your head for everything.
More or less, yeah.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Oh my God, Bryan going into dad-mode on WOL today about a caller failing algebra was loving incredible :lol:

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

1glitch0 posted:

I was at the taping when Taker killed Warrior in the coffin and it was certainly an interesting show for a kid who was seeing his first live wrestling show.

Oh, also it's when Damien was smooshed by Earthquake. Lots of death on that show!

drat that makes that whole turn lightning fast. Jake wasn’t evil, he was just in mourning!

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Lid posted:

Unrelated but looking back on it NXT TakeOver: Rival might've been one of the best WWE cards ever, the main event of Sami v Owens I remember to this day as well.

I'm gonna be honest, but Sami getting squashed there pretty much completely killed my interest in NXT. It was just more WWE heeeeeat. Face champ spends a year climbing the mountain and finally gets his big win but immediately gets squashed by the newly arriving heel and there was no time for the audience and the face to enjoy his run on top. This was also the start of "the hottest free agent in sports entertainment" showing up and immediately winning/feuding with the champ era of NXT and that sucked and lead us to Bobby Roode vs Drew McIntyre which no thanks ew.

Dimebags Brain fucked around with this message at 00:15 on Apr 15, 2021

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

"the reason he's blowing kisses to the crowd and crying is because he knows this is the ceiling" Ouch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Dimebags Brain posted:

I'm gonna be honest, but Sami getting squashed there pretty much completely killed my interest in NXT. It was just more WWE heeeeeat. Face champ spends a year climbing the mountain and finally gets his big win but immediately gets squashed by the newly arriving heel and there was no time for the audience and the face to enjoy his run on top. This was also the start of "the hottest free agent in sports entertainment" showing up and immediately winning/feuding with the champ era of NXT and that sucked and lead us to Bobby Roode vs Drew McIntyre which no thanks ew.

The thing was it wasn't just A Guy showing up, it was Kevin Steen vs El Generico, and the brutality that entailed was part of the story. And at the time it was Owens that he was winning because he was Kicking Too Much rear end which was so much better than people being DQ'd for kicking too much rear end. It made Owens instantly seen as a violent sociopathic threat as that was how he treated his best friend. That they didn't know what to do after that doesn't change that that moment in isolation was perfect.