Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Kilazar posted:

I'm still down on apple cause I bought in at 135.

Good news, AAPL is $135+ most of premarket, it's probably opening around there. I currently don't see a reason for it to go down (doesn't mean it wont) but odds are that should flip to green today for you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kilazar
Mar 23, 2010

pixaal posted:

Good news, AAPL is $135+ most of premarket, it's probably opening around there. I currently don't see a reason for it to go down (doesn't mean it wont) but odds are that should flip to green today for you.

Yeah I was mostly including it to semi stay on topic heh. I plan on holding it long term, so not a big deal.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

aaaand it dumped still time to work back up there though

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!
Rest in piss, Madoff.

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

djfooboo posted:

Lol, I’m up 50 bucks on a 10 bucks investment 😎

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Anyone going long Coinbase today?

The Polish Pirate
Apr 4, 2005

How many Polacks does it take to captain a pirate ship? One.
Anyone attempting to limit buy some COIN today like folks did with Robles? Was thinking of putting a limit price of $421 to try to catch what I think will be a near double pop just above a bunch of meme orders for $420

TheKevman
Dec 13, 2003
I thought Mad Max: Fury Road was
:mediocre:
so you should probably ignore anything else I say

The Polish Pirate posted:

Anyone attempting to limit buy some COIN today like folks did with Robles? Was thinking of putting a limit price of $421 to try to catch what I think will be a near double pop just above a bunch of meme orders for $420

Don't expect that I'll get filled but put in an order for 12 at $300

e: just adjusted up to 10/$360 based on what I see on Webull where the estimate says $350

TheKevman fucked around with this message at 16:02 on Apr 14, 2021

Kilazar
Mar 23, 2010

TheKevman posted:

Don't expect that I'll get filled but put in an order for 12 at $300

e: just adjusted up to 10/$360 based on what I see on Webull where the estimate says $350

Robinhood has it at 250 lol.

TheKevman
Dec 13, 2003

Kilazar posted:

I'm not sure because I'm pretty new to the direct listings but I think that was the stated price whereas it looks like Webull is basically giving a heads up with matched orders from what I can tell

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Kilazar posted:

$250 is the reference price and what is going to be the last price on every broker until it launches. You need access to the order book to get an idea of where it's going to open at when public. You can place limits now. I'm not 100% how everything works with getting the book orders matched or how to calculate from it but there's bids in the book as high as $5,000 for COIN shares right now. I'd love to know more about this period and how it all works but it doesn't really matter when there's usually a ready source telling you what the current average is and you can just adjust your bid to that and probably get in on the first candle or two.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

LLCoolJD posted:

Rest in piss, Madoff.

In remembrance I will support his fellow con artist by buying ARKK.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!
Looking at banking stock and fintech market caps this morning, I could see the hype doubling COIN from $250/share to $500 pretty easily.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.
I'll do COIN as a what the hell, and Vanguard has it as $250 - I threw an order out for $276, but I doubt that gets in.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Red posted:

I'll do COIN as a what the hell, and Vanguard has it as $250 - I threw an order out for $276, but I doubt that gets in.

$250 is the ref price, current opening is closer to $350

Red
Apr 15, 2003

pixaal posted:

$250 is the ref price, current opening is closer to $350

I see $355. Hm. I.... guess I'll take a stab.

Edit: $360 now?

Red fucked around with this message at 16:48 on Apr 14, 2021

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

LLCoolJD posted:

Looking at banking stock and fintech market caps this morning, I could see the hype doubling COIN from $250/share to $500 pretty easily.

Yup

edit: the bull case is obvious but Coinbase is a proxy for crypto as a whole that the traditional investor has access to. Plus it also has the best interface of any crypto brokerage I've seen. it's a crypto ETF.

Michael Transactions fucked around with this message at 16:50 on Apr 14, 2021

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

jokes posted:

In remembrance I will support his fellow con artist by buying ARKK.

The whole "we saw a pullback and market correction for tech and speculative stocks, so now Cathie Wood / Ark Invest is a complete fraud" storyline was getting tiresome, thanks for injecting new life into it.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
I thought we just laughed at her because she loves jesus and thinks Netflix is going to space

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Yes, why would you ever laugh at the person that unironically said this, lmao

quote:

“I would kneel down and say, ‘Okay, God, You’re in control. Even if this company fails, I know I’ve done the right thing. This is a walk of faith for me. Your will be done.’”

“I believe that in starting ARK Invest, I was fulfilling His will for me here on Earth and that if I had not done it, that I would have died an unhappy woman not having not fulfilled my promise here.”

Jesus apparently really into investment funds.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

I thought we just laughed at her because she loves jesus and thinks Netflix is going to space

She's the Sun Myung Moon of of wall street, and I, for one, can't wait to take her weed and trains and blockbuster video and tesla ETF to the moon because aggressively blonde Mormon Jesus came to her in a dream about it.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Fame Douglas posted:

Yes, why would you ever laugh at the person that unironically said this, lmao

Jesus apparently really into investment funds.

My favorite bible story is when Jesus goes to the investment firm and flips over the desks of the hedge fund managers.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Red posted:

I see $355. Hm. I.... guess I'll take a stab.

Edit: $360 now?

Now it's going to open in about ~15 minutes at $375.

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

some of the largest holdings in her etfs are her other etfs, so it's one big incestuous circle

bollig
Apr 7, 2006

Never Forget.

pmchem posted:

fidelity's director of global macro casually predicting $2m-$70m BTC by 2034. fidelity has registered a BTC ETF for approval with SEC. https://twitter.com/TimmerFidelity/status/1382026424014548995?s=20

Here is one the few articles/modes of thinking that sort of guides how I think about it: https://hcburger.com/blog/powerlaw/index.html The guy that writes it is like not a complete psycho and honestly his whole argument is that using a simple log on the y axis is not enough, but you also have to apply a log to the x axis, and then you have a linear map. And his whole argument is that if you only think of the price logarithmically, then you are being overly optimistic. So his model puts a price ceiling of $2.5m per bitcoin with a floor of $500k. So then on top of that basically every ~*halvening*~ the prices seems to power-law its way up from the lower regions to the top of the range over the course of a year-year and a half. That is my model for bitcoin and my only wish is that my broker had supported bitcoin. Literally the only way I could buy bitcoin would be to use cash at a loving bitcoin atm. I'll stop bitching about bitcoin but there you go.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
Gonna watch the $coin madness for a day I think.

Oldsrocket_27
Apr 28, 2009
I got into LMT @336 thinking it would be a decent long hold with some dividends, not expecting it to climb like it has. A part of me wants to take my profit now, but it doesn't really have a reason to drop back off hard, right? It's F35 contracts are good news for the foreseeable future and the UAE arms deal news should compound that. Basically whenever I'm far enough in the green my temptation is to cash out, but I don't think that's prudent yet in this case?

devilmonk
May 21, 2003

What is SYSX and why don’t I have a time machine?

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Smythe posted:

Gonna watch the $coin madness for a day I think.

I bought 1 share to say I did; got it at $381.

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe
COIN 400 :laffo:

IPOs are a sucker's game

The Polish Pirate
Apr 4, 2005

How many Polacks does it take to captain a pirate ship? One.
My order for COIN filled: 25 shares at $381, and it's already up to $405! My RBLX strategy of limit pricing a few dollars above the standard estimate (this time I did $382.5 based on proposed price of $375) worked again!

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
I like how when my everything goes down my Disney rises like crazy.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Red posted:

I bought 1 share to say I did; got it at $381.

Fomo got me and I bought in lol gently caress it

TheKevman
Dec 13, 2003

17 shares at $381 :toot:

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

I'm glad SENS is up 6% today, now I'm only down 24% on it :suicide:

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
so schwab gave me a notice saying they advise again DPO's

uh

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Alan Smithee posted:

so schwab gave me a notice saying they advise again DPO's

uh

That's good advice, generally.

bollig
Apr 7, 2006

Never Forget.
Ah poo poo gurufocus no longer let's you see stats and poo poo without a free trial/ account

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Darth TNT posted:

I like how when my everything goes down my Disney rises like crazy.

is that what we're calling it now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

what's the odds of a COIN selloff? Lie to me if you have to I'm fomo