Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
why does the pizza have nodules.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

I’m never EVER going to vacation in Brazil solely because of how disgusting their pizza is.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
you have been visited by the ghost of Pizzaria Batepapo. you must say "stay safe, pizza ghost" or else Dos Santos will take your head and put it on a pizza.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

uber_stoat posted:

you have been visited by the ghost of Pizzaria Batepapo. you must say "stay safe, pizza ghost" or else Dos Santos will take your head and put it on a pizza.

Pe De Pano is surely the preferred combatant to represent Brazilian Pizza.

A big floppy mess.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
not the mestre da pizza????

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Aardvark! posted:

not the mestre da pizza????

I would pay money to see Mestre de Pizza vs the Pizza Batepao guy fight vale tudo but in a ring filled with unorthodox ingredients and the first one to get grossed or or headbutted into a coma loses.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

Yo that pizza's growing stubble, gently caress that :barf:

Ain’t nobody wants pizza that looks like it’s been up all night solving a mystery.

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

Pizza Gaetz

pointlessone
Aug 6, 2001

The Triad Frog is pleased with this custom title purchase.
How could a country that brought us Churrascaria, quite possibly the best way to consume meat, do such terrible things to pizza? Embrace the simplicity of the pizza, my Brazilian friends!

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Batepapo is a loving mad man, he needs to be stopped

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr
Dec 22, 2018

I hope this is "battle" enough for you, friend.

pointlessone posted:

How could a country that brought us Churrascaria, quite possibly the best way to consume meat, do such terrible things to pizza? Embrace the simplicity of the pizza, my Brazilian friends!

It's like USA that has Steakhouses and BBQ. Churrascarias serve the top sirloin steak and mestre da pizza serves pizza calabresa (BBQ).

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr fucked around with this message at 05:27 on Apr 13, 2021

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Panago does/did a korma pizza that I loved so loving much that now I use korma sauce whenever I make mac n cheese or lasagna. Their butter chicken was good too, but the korma was in a whole other universe. So good.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

TontoCorazon posted:

Batepapo is a loving mad man, he needs to be stopped

i read an article about him. not to subtract from the mystique or anything but he's just a stone cold marketeer who realized you could apply the power of click bait to the concept of pizza.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

uber_stoat posted:

i read an article about him. not to subtract from the mystique or anything but he's just a stone cold marketeer who realized you could apply the power of click bait to the concept of pizza.

Even more incentive to take him out

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

quote:

Churrascaria

I've only had this a handful of times and each has been so lackluster. Like it's just "oh boy. more meat." Nothing special about it, or well sauced or anything, just more meats on sticks. I dunno if I just have been to a couple of dud places, I'm missing the point, or it just ain't my thing. I wouldn't say 'no' to trying a place someone else recommends, but I'm not searching it out on my own. Brazil you're batting .000 in the 'foods you're known for to me' department here, let's go..

Mr. Sunshine
May 15, 2008

This is a scrunt that has been in space too long and become a Lunt (Long Scrunt)

Fun Shoe
I do not say this lightly - for I am a swede - but Brazil needs an intervention.

Mr. Sunshine
May 15, 2008

This is a scrunt that has been in space too long and become a Lunt (Long Scrunt)

Fun Shoe
Like, there's places in Sweden that will serve you pizza with artichoke, crabfish and bearnaise sauce. There's places that serve pizza with pickled herring, meatballs, pickled cabbage and Christmas ham. But no place will ever serve one of those baked beans and rice/pink slurry and peas/Nutella and squeeze cheese combo abominations, and if you asked for one you'd be arrested and sent to a norrländskt labour camp to make ikea furniture for the next ten years.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
wtf is a crabfish

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Mr. Sunshine posted:

Like, there's places in Sweden that will serve you pizza with artichoke, crabfish and bearnaise sauce. There's places that serve pizza with pickled herring, meatballs, pickled cabbage and Christmas ham. But no place will ever serve one of those baked beans and rice/pink slurry and peas/Nutella and squeeze cheese combo abominations, and if you asked for one you'd be arrested and sent to a norrländskt labour camp to make ikea furniture for the next ten years.

Do they bake the pizza in a trash fired oven over in Sweden?

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Forget it Jake, it's cybertown.

Cartoon Man posted:

Mästare i pizza.

Mr. Sunshine
May 15, 2008

Fun Shoe

Aardvark! posted:

wtf is a crabfish

Fake crab meat made from dyed fish

j.peeba
Oct 25, 2010

Almost Human
Nap Ghost

Mr. Sunshine posted:

Fake crab meat made from dyed fish

i have lots of it in my freezer that i need to get rid of

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
a false crab, a shameful crab.

Mr. Sunshine
May 15, 2008

Fun Shoe

Cartoon Man posted:

Only fancy pizza places use fire ovens, so probably not.

Weirdest pizza at my local pizzeria has beef, egg, asparagus and bearnaise sauce. Mind you, that's not notably weird for a Swedish pizza. Even a hole-in-the-wall pizzeria will have like 20-30 different pizzas, so there's a lot of potential for strange poo poo that maybe gets ordered once every month.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Mr. Sunshine posted:

Only fancy pizza places use fire ovens, so probably not.

Weirdest pizza at my local pizzeria has beef, egg, asparagus and bearnaise sauce. Mind you, that's not notably weird for a Swedish pizza. Even a hole-in-the-wall pizzeria will have like 20-30 different pizzas, so there's a lot of potential for strange poo poo that maybe gets ordered once every month.

I mean, in the states we just have a long rear end list of ingredients and you pick which ones you want.
Literally every pizza place has, I dunno, 600-800 technical combinations you can make? It avoids doing poo poo like you're describing where you have a 30 item long menu to pick bizarre stuff from that no one ever orders. Yet I can still walk in to any pizza place and say "I want a thin crust, pineapple, onion, and anchovie pie" and no one will blink despite probably never making that possibly in years or ever before.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

j.peeba posted:

i have lots of it in my freezer that i need to get rid of

Do you have model trains?

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.

Big Beef City posted:

I mean, in the states we just have a long rear end list of ingredients and you pick which ones you want.
Literally every pizza place has, I dunno, 600-800 technical combinations you can make? It avoids doing poo poo like you're describing where you have a 30 item long menu to pick bizarre stuff from that no one ever orders. Yet I can still walk in to any pizza place and say "I want a thin crust, pineapple, onion, and anchovie pie" and no one will blink despite probably never making that possibly in years or ever before.

Thin crust with pineapple, onion, and anchovy sounds delicious.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

You'd think so wouldn't you?

I like each of those things I listed but that combo doesn't actually work.
The pineapple and anchovy don't jive :(. V. Disappointing

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
try artichoke, jalapenos and anchovy

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
Imo unless you go full Neapolitan with capers and the fancy "moozadell", anchovies are best with just extra cheese

pointlessone
Aug 6, 2001

The Triad Frog is pleased with this custom title purchase.

Big Beef City posted:

I've only had this a handful of times and each has been so lackluster. Like it's just "oh boy. more meat." Nothing special about it, or well sauced or anything, just more meats on sticks. I dunno if I just have been to a couple of dud places, I'm missing the point, or it just ain't my thing. I wouldn't say 'no' to trying a place someone else recommends, but I'm not searching it out on my own. Brazil you're batting .000 in the 'foods you're known for to me' department here, let's go..

Oh no, that's basically the entire experience.

I really like meat, and discovering that there was an all you can eat meat buffet with quality cuts was a game changer for me. Each different meat has a texture and flavor profile of it's own, from the buttery smooth fillet to the seared fatty flavor of the sirloin, plus pork, chicken, and sometimes lamb. Combined with the preserved meats and cheeses on the charcuterie table, a trip to even a low end Brazilian steakhouse is a highlight of my dining for months.

I 100% understand why some people are underwhelmed by this. It is just meat and more meat, brought directly to the table by professional meat wranglers. Nothing creative, no unique flavor combinations or fancy presentations, just an opportunity to overindulge my inner carnivore, and I absolutely love it.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Big Beef City posted:

Now that is a username/post mismatch for the ages.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
If you've ever had a Brazilian hot dog you'll understand why they do that to their pizza's. Just chasing that first high.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:

Take the plunge! Okay!
Feb 24, 2007

I blame Stalin for being too gentle on Germany

JonathonSpectre
Jul 23, 2003

I replaced the Shermatar and text with this because I don't wanna see racial slurs every time you post what the fuck

Soiled Meat

Man the "Special Instructions" box on this order must have been a loving hoot.

It's like one of those bits on Kitchen Nightmares where a dish comes out looking like a sick dog's breakfast and the uh "chef" Gordon's helping looks at it and says, "gently caress it, send it anyway."

Maybe the person who ordered it just loves dry crust. Just loves the feeling of bone-dry flavorless bread, just bite after bite after bite.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
I hope that is just a "lip" of crust extending over a deep dish pie-like filling but lmao it looks pretty solid all the way through

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
love to make pizza using civil war hardtack as crust.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir John Falstaff
Apr 13, 2010

Same place (Argentina Mexico, I think--the place doesn't have a physical address on its Facebook, just a phone number, but it has the Mexico country code).

From the place's Facebook, so probably supposed to be advertising.

Sir John Falstaff fucked around with this message at 22:05 on Apr 17, 2021