Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!

Raskolnikov38 posted:

how did letting kids do this strike anyone ever as okay

“Dear pedophiles I live at ...”
Excellent question!
https://twitter.com/davidbix/status/1000970092035891200

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/KillLutherKill/status/1382545565976829954

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Luther vs Freight Train at Double or Nothing. Do it, coward Tony.

Memnaelar
Feb 21, 2013

WHO is the goodest girl?
That Ivelisse clip is so damning. I missed it in that match but that's just crazy unprofessional. Did she get to work another match after that? Because she shouldn't have.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Memnaelar posted:

That Ivelisse clip is so damning. I missed it in that match but that's just crazy unprofessional. Did she get to work another match after that? Because she shouldn't have.

She worked a dozen or so more matches for AEW. They really wanted to make her spot on the roster work, to their credit.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
According to Bix's conversation with Ivelisse in that thread she acted the way she did because (according to her) she was the one leading the match and Rosa just decided to take over.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Nick Jr. Face posted:

According to Bix's conversation with Ivelisse in that thread she acted the way she did because (according to her) she was the one leading the match and Rosa just decided to take over.

Even if that's the case, what was her endgame with reacting that way? It sure af doesn't make Rosa look bad. You'd think a veteran would just shoot on her or something

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Also, read the situation: your job was to put over the champion of another promotion on national TV.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

flashy_mcflash posted:

Even if that's the case, what was her endgame with reacting that way? It sure af doesn't make Rosa look bad. You'd think a veteran would just shoot on her or something
Oh I'm right there with you. Visibly sulking and not cooperating is completely unprofessional and gets you nowhere.

We Got Us A Bread
Jul 23, 2007

Nick Jr. Face posted:

That's...odd, given that her excuse for that right after it happened was "I'm the veteran, and Rosa is supposed to do everything I say and i'm supposed to lead the match", which doesn't rule out Rosa taking over, but sounds more like Rosa led the match and Ivelisse got upset about it. Of course, it's Ivie, so..what ISN'T she upset about.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
I think what you said is more accurate than what I said, like in Ivelisse's own mind she should've been leading the match since she's been in the business longer than Rosa has.

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Danhausen is on Conan O Brien's Podcast :psyduck:

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

flatluigi posted:

i think the idea is that she wouldn't have sulked like that in the match if she was going over, so it's other people's fault for not letting her go over

According to Google, she's 33. She's too loving old to be getting pissy over the outcome of a pretend fight. Holy poo poo, get to gently caress with that poo poo, like.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Vagabundo posted:

According to Google, she's 33. She's too loving old to be getting pissy over the outcome of a pretend fight. Holy poo poo, get to gently caress with that poo poo, like.
You would be amazed at how many people in their 30s still have the mindset of an adolescent

FUCKFACE MORON fucked around with this message at 08:13 on Apr 15, 2021

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Fundamentally Ivelisse created a situation where AEW had to choose between Thunder Rosa and her, and I would be shocked if a wrestling company in that circumstance didn't choose Thunder Rosa.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
It's not like she was even world's champion like Bret and Shawn. There's no excuse for an ego like that. She got mad Thunder Rosa called a snapmare in the ring. You've been wrestling half your life come the gently caress on.

I was curious and her last match in aew was a defeat (with Diamante) to KiLynn King and Red Velvet on Dark.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Reality Protester posted:

She got mad Thunder Rosa called a snapmare in the ring.
This is a detail I was not aware about; I thought she was mad that Rosa called the whole match. That's makes the whole thing even more petty and childish.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
oh, I'm not stating fact. just going by the video. Rosa does a snapmare and Ivelisse immediately looks upset.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

ARMBAR A COP posted:

Danhausen is on Conan O Brien's Podcast :psyduck:

Guy is making the rounds all the big names especially the Mega64intine Podcast.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
https://twitter.com/RealIvelisse/status/1382414731458310144

*looks at Thunder Rosa, the other side of this feud*

Uhhhhhhhhhhhh

CaptainApathyUK
Sep 6, 2010

Wasn't her original excuse for that no-selling debacle because she'd had like a house fire and her dog was sick or something?

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

flashy_mcflash posted:

Rosa wants to be a legit mma fighter outside the ring and is actively training for such, shooting on her would be...unwise at best.

Pitwar
Jul 19, 2008

Who's your mate?!
Seeing all the wholesome Bryan Clark chat. Didn't he recently get arrested for drug trafficking?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

was it also related to human trafficking?

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Pitwar posted:

Seeing all the wholesome Bryan Clark chat. Didn't he recently get arrested for drug trafficking?

The court history is here: http://www.superiorcourt.maricopa.gov/docket/CriminalCourtCases/caseInfo.asp?caseNumber=CR2019-006488 but the gist is he's not been found guilty yet. There's also no record that I can find of what he was accused of trafficking.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Re: Thunder Rosa vs Ivelisse.

All specifics aside. Isn't the calling card of being a veteran wrestler the ability to remain professional under all circumstances? The ability to continue on under duress, and still put on a good show, because you have been there/done that in this business? Going a little bit further, surely the ability to adapt, and work WITH your opponent if they try to do different, non planned stuff is also the calling card of a veteran/professional?

If so, then sure, Ivelisse may have been wrestling for chronologically more time than Rosa, but she sure as gently caress was not the veteran. She was certainly not professional. And to have the stated excuse be "I started doing this before she started doing this. So I am justified in pouting when she, also a 10+year veteran, doesn't do exactly what I tell her."

So again, not knowing the details, but it smells like a Low Ki baby tantrum to me.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Swole is an ARG now

https://twitter.com/SwoleWorld/status/1382656102324699136?s=20

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
maybe AEW's letting people go today? or she's just subtweeting ivellise again

edit: oh i missed she changed her profile as well

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Seems like the start of a gimmick change

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

flatluigi posted:

maybe AEW's letting people go today?

No way Trillionaire Tony would sack big Swole. She's a fan favorite

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
I look forward to the new hot indie faction of Ivelisse, Austin Aries, Low Ki, Tessa Blanchard and Davey Richards - the Bridge Burners.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
I was in the front row of a house show when I was maybe nine and Bret gave his "glasses" to me before his match and I was pissed because I wanted Adam Bomb's.

Lid posted:

I look forward to the new hot indie faction of Ivelisse, Austin Aries, Low Ki, Tessa Blanchard and Davey Richards - the Bridge Burners.

Don't forget fan favorite Teddy Hart!

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Gumball Gumption posted:

Seems like the start of a gimmick change

Her instagram has the same profile picture update and the latest post is that "no signal" image, but her bio still mentions AEW and she was promoting the show in her stories last night so I think you're probably right.

Now that she's fully back and healthy it'd be great to see her get a solid story going on.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Lid posted:

They only last 2 shows as they all no show

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

I went to an indie show the Sunday before the first Dynamite and the show closed with Davey Richards attacking their champion (Tom Lawlor) and then they ran like 3 more shows before the pandemic hit without mentioning him once. The

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

I went to an indie show the Sunday before the first Dynamite and the show closed with Davey Richards attacking their champion (Tom Lawlor) and then they ran like 3 more shows before the pandemic hit without mentioning him once. The

That match would probably stink. Richards tends to guzzle those he thinks he's better than, and Lawlor is a great personality but not so good in the ring

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

Pope Corky the IX posted:

I was in the front row of a house show when I was maybe nine and Bret gave his "glasses" to me before his match and I was pissed because I wanted Adam Bomb's.

Don't forget fan favorite Teddy Hart!

He’s their higher power. The much, much, much higher power.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Davey Richards getting kicked off of his own farewell show in ROH will never not be funny.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Lumbermouth posted:

Davey Richards getting kicked off of his own farewell show in ROH will never not be funny.

Wait what

I'd never heard of this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

El Gallinero Gros posted:

That match would probably stink. Richards tends to guzzle those he thinks he's better than, and Lawlor is a great personality but not so good in the ring

Truthfully, I had no idea who Richards was, so it did nothing for me, but half the crowd was super into it.

Law lord had just successfully defended against Chris Dickinson in a Bloodsport style match, so I got what I came for.