Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Hirayuki posted:

Do alcohol tinctures or cannabutter/oil retain the traits of whatever strain was used to make them, or do they just turn into generic sativa/indica/hybrid (however useful those distinctions are)?

Depends on extraction method I believe, but I am not expert.

I am high friends! I hit my vape pen a few times tonight and I'm feeling great. Polish the chrome on a bike wheel and installed a new tire, then ate dinner, then got Dairy Queen because ice cream loving rules

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

redreader posted:

Anyone tried weed for vaccine #2 symptoms?
Edit: I mean, side effects

i got my first shot of moderna today and ive been smoking weed all day and i dont have any symptoms. because of the weed keeping them at bay. i also probably dont really need the vaccine anyway since weed makes me immune to covid, but i wanted the free donuts

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Samuel L. Hacksaw posted:

Look, if I could just grow the weed myself it wouldn't be a problem. Jeez do you think this stuff grows on trees?

They're trees that grow on bushes, hth

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I got the J&J shot saturday. Didn't alter my smoking routines and felt fine, aside from my arm being sore.

I took a few tylenol over the next two days, no fever, chills, slightly more achey joints but that could be weather, I am getting old. Might be the baby stem cell powered 5g nanobots firing up.

ZuluDashOne
May 1, 2020

#NeverForget

Go Wings!

:911:
I threw my grinder in the freezer over night and managed to get just a weeeeeeeeeeeee bit more stuff out of it, yay.

But now I'm truly out :smith:

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021

ZuluDashOne posted:

I threw my grinder in the freezer over night and managed to get just a weeeeeeeeeeeee bit more stuff out of it, yay.

But now I'm truly out :smith:

I always think I'd never be desperate enough to do poo poo like this but then I run out of weed

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Sunk Dunk posted:

I always think I'd never be desperate enough to do poo poo like this but then I run out of weed

Which terrible place do you both live where there aren't regular posts in your local Facebook group that is complaining about weed or weed-related things? Do these places still exist

High as gently caress on a Pineapple Express cart, it owns

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021

bagmonkey posted:

Which terrible place do you both live where there aren't regular posts in your local Facebook group that is complaining about weed or weed-related things? Do these places still exist

It's legal here I just hate driving 20 minutes. Yes I am that lazy.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Sunk Dunk posted:

It's legal here I just hate driving 20 minutes. Yes I am that lazy.

Do you guys have delivery? I think adult rec delivery is available in MI at this point

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

I gave up combusting just over a year ago due to covid lungs and switched to the dynavap. When I was combusting, I only ever had one strain in at a time, and it always ran out before I was able to restock. This isn't the case anymore. This was my spread for the 1 year anniversary - 9 strains of flower and three of extract. I'm probably using about 1/6th or less of what I used to use.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
id like to try a dynavap but i would want to use it with one of my glass on glass stem water pipes... the thing i dont get is they all say theyre designed to fit a waterpipe but also that the fitting is 10mm when most common glass on glass are 14mm or greater ???

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

thathonkey posted:

id like to try a dynavap but i would want to use it with one of my glass on glass stem water pipes... the thing i dont get is they all say theyre designed to fit a waterpipe but also that the fitting is 10mm when most common glass on glass are 14mm or greater ???

You can buy glass adaptors that can get them to fit to 18mm or 14mm glassware. I use my dynavap primarily using glassware.

e2a: This is mine. I use a bit of silicone whip to make it airtight

fuctifino fucked around with this message at 13:25 on Apr 15, 2021

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

thathonkey posted:

On my work PC otherwise I'd link, but the water pipe adapter for the Fury Edge fits 10/14/18mm female joints, as the male joint is kind of tapered/stepped so that depending on the female joint size, it still fits. There HAS to be something like that available for the Dynavap, people love that fuckin thing

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
I’m sure ddave has an adapter like that.

ZuluDashOne
May 1, 2020

#NeverForget

Go Wings!

bagmonkey posted:

I'm down in Texas but what you mean, FB posts complaining about doing things like I did or finding people go get weed from on FB? Cause the latter seems like a really horrible idea.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
My goondolensces, texan.

Also delete facebook. poo poo's a bain on mental health.

Pretty sure he meant people bitching about weed smoke. Though there's probably plenty of that on Nextdoor anyhow.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

ZuluDashOne posted:

I'm down in Texas but what you mean, FB posts complaining about doing things like I did or finding people go get weed from on FB? Cause the latter seems like a really horrible idea.

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

My goondolensces, texan.

Pretty sure he meant people bitching about weed smoke. Though there's probably plenty of that on Nextdoor anyhow.

Oh man, all of the above and more. Mostly been "THE CITY HAS TOO MANY DISPENSARIES!" from people living in a city that almost went bankrupt like 5-6 years ago, but also neighbors complaining about smells, people complaining about dispensaries customer service or "looking for clubs" or any multitude of dumbass poo poo. It's amusing to see how comfortable some of these people's lives are that their biggest complaint is like a dozen cars coming and going an hour.

FB is complete and utter trash, but I use it to keep in touch with some people and to buy stuff cheap as poo poo off FB Marketplace. I still use Craigslist and a few others too, but you can get some absolute steals on FB Marketplace, especially bikes and such

bagmonkey fucked around with this message at 15:08 on Apr 15, 2021

ZuluDashOne
May 1, 2020

#NeverForget

Go Wings!

Ohhhhhhhhh I see. Yeah, it sucks. I take solace in working at my dream job and being able to afford drive up to CO so I can stock up for a few months at a time but not ganna lie, moving to a rec state X years down the road is steadily becoming a serious consideration.

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Deleted my poo poo a week ago, don't miss it one bit. I last tried to join a local bad driver's group and the entire thing is just people bragging about doing straight up illegal poo poo or people being complete Karens.

I'll miss out on all of my 10 year high school reunion poo poo, but I don't know that I care that much about that honestly.

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

I'm a GENERAL, not some opera floozy!
If you want to use a vapcap in a 14mm joint try this

https://www.amazon.com/Compact-Female-Essential-Adapter%EF%BC%8CGlass-Adapter/dp/B08DM3CCBW/

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
/\ New Mexico just legalized, though I'm not up to snuff on their laws because I'm in CO and don't really care. Land of Enchantment might be in my future anyhow so I better start reading up.

Marketplace was an okay replacement to craigslist but I got tired of watching the brain worms eat family members in real time, so it had to go.

I used to use the excuse of staying in touch, but it just wound up alienating them from me when someone outed themselves as a racist or trumpublican. My number has been the same for 15 years, if it's important, someone can call. I used the messenger app as a crutch to this for a while, but fully deleted my account early this year. Facebook is officially in the rear view mirror for me, like leaving a bag of bad memories on the curb for trash day.

E: lol 10 year hs reunion. I got a text from a cousin for a 20 year. I was expelled from that school and ultimately got a GED as a junior because gently caress hs. The last people I care to see in an organized function are former classmates. They can stop by for a joint if they want to drive the 1000 miles.

CRUSTY MINGE fucked around with this message at 15:34 on Apr 15, 2021

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Marketplace was an okay replacement to craigslist but I got tired of watching the brain worms eat family members in real time, so it had to go.

I used to use the excuse of staying in touch, but it just wound up alienating them from me when someone outed themselves as a racist or trumpublican. My number has been the same for 15 years, if it's important, someone can call. I used the messenger app as a crutch to this for a while, but fully deleted my account early this year. Facebook is officially in the rear view mirror for me, like leaving a bag of bad memories on the curb for trash day.

E: lol 10 year hs reunion. I got a text from a cousin for a 20 year. I was expelled from that school and ultimately got a GED as a junior because gently caress hs. The last people I care to see in an organized function are former classmates. They can stop by for a joint if they want to drive the 1000 miles.

No argument there, you're 100% right on that. I've trimmed my friends list down considerably and am extremely quick to unfriend people if I sense it's going to disrupt my enjoyment of staring at garbage all day. I'm actually probably going to be deactivating my Facebook as early as next week to start down the path of cutting it out of my life, I just really wish someone would come up with a replacement for events and marketplace that has the same reach. But if that's all I miss out on, whatever.

I'm gonna try smoking some flower tonight I think, NOT IN A BONG I SWEAR, and see how that goes. The STIIIZY Pineapple Express cart I've been using is loving delicious and working like a charm, maybe I'll try some IRAN CONTRA tonight.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

i only have a facebook account to promote my music because my brainworms demand that i be on all the social media platforms. but i never actually use it and social media companies actually punish you for non-use by burying your poo poo so whenever i actually do get it together enough to post something only like 5% of the people on my band page even see it anyway meanwhile my personal feed is close to empty because i muted so many terrible high school people and relatives years ago. but im still on there for some dumb reason! it never occured to me to talk about or try to buy weed there lol

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

One time I ran out of weed, so I went outside and smoked a cigarette, and some guys were smoking up across the street, and I told them I was jealous, and they threw a bag of weed at me, just do that

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Here is a wonderful sample of the posts. 1-3 per day, the people are EXACTLY who you would guess they are and man the comments section is hilarious. I'm a chronic trainwreck-looker though and FB is like loving crack for me on that front. Lately I've been trolling them by coming up with new terms for stuff, like a marijuana dispensary dispensary, since "Grow Op" has a bad connotation and how will we gentrify properly if we don't use better terminology??

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG

bagmonkey posted:

Here is a wonderful sample of the posts. 1-3 per day, the people are EXACTLY who you would guess they are and man the comments section is hilarious. I'm a chronic trainwreck-looker though and FB is like loving crack for me on that front. Lately I've been trolling them by coming up with new terms for stuff, like a marijuana dispensary dispensary, since "Grow Op" has a bad connotation and how will we gentrify properly if we don't use better terminology??

See I had the exact opposite reaction. I can't help myself from delving into comments and stuff on Facebook. Once I realized I was just doomscrolling on Facebook I decided it was time for it to go

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Protocol7 posted:

See I had the exact opposite reaction. I can't help myself from delving into comments and stuff on Facebook. Once I realized I was just doomscrolling on Facebook I decided it was time for it to go

I will admit, that's been like 100x harder to avoid since Covid became a thing, but I've replaced most of the Facebook doomscrolling with Something Awful doomscrolling, so I guess that's healthy for someone who's brain is intensely internet addled. Overall, I know FB is absolutely total trash garbage and I know I'd be better off with out it, but man it's also really fun to gently caress with the same people who told me not to take everything on internet seriously like two decades ago. I will say, Facebook sucks poo poo when I'm high though, it just feels like a waste of perfectly good high time, so I usually read SA or play the video games

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
thanks for the info on the adapters... i love combusting but i am starting to worry about my lungs. I dont like edibles very much. the reason i havent seriously tried to make the switch is that vapes ive used just dont hit hard enough to get me where i am used to being w combustion. are these new things like dynavap and fury edge actually comparable to combustion? if so which of those 2 is better? or is there something else i am not considering

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

thathonkey posted:

thanks for the info on the adapters... i love combusting but i am starting to worry about my lungs. I dont like edibles very much. the reason i havent seriously tried to make the switch is that vapes ive used just dont hit hard enough to get me where i am used to being w combustion. are these new things like dynavap and fury edge actually comparable to combustion? if so which of those 2 is better? or is there something else i am not considering

I've tried a hand full of vapes so far... Pax 1, Pax 2, G Pen Pro, That Austrian Corkscrew / Power Drill looking thing, a Volcano, an Arizer Air Solo, Arizer desktop that's not super fancy and the Fury Edge. Fury Edge has been closest to combustion for me and I've really enjoyed it so far. Vapor production isn't desktop-level, but it's easy to pack, easy to clean, easy to operate, USB-C charging and produces enough vapor to let you know you're going to be getting torched. Desktop vapes will always be the best bet, but for me personally, the Fury Edge has been "it"

Never tried the Dynavap, so I'll let others speak to that. I still break out my Vapman occasionally because it works and is cool as gently caress, but also a huge hassle.

frogge
Apr 7, 2006

In a similar boat. Was going to ditch Facebook and then the roni hit. It's the only thing a few of my friends use when not face to face and I'm one of those weirds who'd rather text than call.

Weed related I picked up my first actual bong of my own awhile back despite partaking for years.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Corona made my family worse, and not because they caught it. My mother was out here last year in March, while I was in the VA looney bin. I'd been reading the Roni thread since it started in late december or early january just prior. It was one of those "everyone can see it coming" moments I was discussing with her, and she was already being dismissive over it. When she got home she deep dived into her catholicism and conservative media, and it's just gotten worse, so we don't talk.

I got the J&J shot last saturday, this monday I was getting texts about "the false vaccine" and typical thoughts and prayers poo poo. All I can do is roll my eyes and resist the temptation to tell her where to shove her book.

Also take fat dabs because dealing with those people is like pissing in the wind, and I might as well be stoned if I'm washing my shoes with piss.

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Also take fat dabs because dealing with those people is like pissing in the wind, and I might as well be stoned if I'm washing my shoes with piss.

Life is piss, gonna smoke a weed about it.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

fuctifino posted:

I gave up combusting just over a year ago due to covid lungs and switched to the dynavap. When I was combusting, I only ever had one strain in at a time, and it always ran out before I was able to restock. This isn't the case anymore. This was my spread for the 1 year anniversary - 9 strains of flower and three of extract. I'm probably using about 1/6th or less of what I used to use.

I was just thinking yesterday, I've exclusively been using my dynavap since Dec. I went from a dispensary run every 10-14 days to once every 30-40 days. I bought a half oz of machine trimmed flower for daily use and started curating a bunch of "premium" eighths. Now I've got an insane variety flower and a cute little selection of concentrates. Too much weed! Time to start making edibles before it goes bad.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
last question for now... whats a good desktop vape that isnt the volcano? Dont want to spend that much. Or all they all very expensive

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
E-nano is the favorite around here.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

i had to repair my e-nano a few times but it's still chugging along. i think I've had it like 6 years

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

thathonkey posted:

last question for now... whats a good desktop vape that isnt the volcano? Dont want to spend that much. Or all they all very expensive

I've heard good things about Arizer Extreme Q, it's like a budget Volcano from everything I see. The V Tower was the one I had, I liked it but I didn't have a good place to use it and store it, since I'm an outdoor smoker

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
I've tried a couple of different vapes, most recently the PAX ERA and the Mighty. The only reason I don't vape more is because my tolerance is so high that hitting a vape feels like nothing to me. I gotta smoke out of a bong. Maybe I should take a t break...

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
I have a wife who doesn't vape/smoke and kids who break things and I go outside to vape on the porch. I am interested in the water pipe attachment I have for my fury edge but don't want some kind of dorky giant bong thing attached. Is there any kind of mini water pipe / bong / whatever that I can attach to the fury edge or is it all some kind of chemistry-set looking setup? I do like being able to just put it in my pocket.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

frogge posted:

In a similar boat. Was going to ditch Facebook and then the roni hit. It's the only thing a few of my friends use when not face to face and I'm one of those weirds who'd rather text than call.

Weed related I picked up my first actual bong of my own awhile back despite partaking for years.

I'm the opposite, got my first bong at around 14 and have owned dozens and dozens but haven't had one for probably almost ten years now. I decided I prefer simpler ways of imbibing