Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

What's your dream announcement for the E3 direct?

New Wario game for me (Land is the dream but I'd be more than happy with a new Ware)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

switch pro for sure. my switch is beat to poo poo and it's time for an upgrade

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
a series of $14 dock stickers that when applied make mario's hat different colors in a couple games

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit

elf help book posted:

a series of $14 dock stickers that when applied make mario's hat different colors in a couple games

Thank you Nintendo :worship:

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

elf help book posted:

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

honestly the LABO community is pretty freaking pissed at this point. A lot of us called off work because we saw something on ResetEra that at least one Indie would have LABO support, and people started making these crazy mockups of a cardboard Shovel Knight shovel or what have you. Another false lead, of course. No acknowledgement of the hanging plot threads at the end of the blaster alien attack storyline for, uh, 437 days is it now? Nobody has seen Derek on our SFW discord for going on 3 days. But thanks for the epic skateboarding game.

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lol

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Smirking_Serpent posted:

honestly the LABO community is pretty freaking pissed at this point. A lot of us called off work because we saw something on ResetEra that at least one Indie would have LABO support, and people started making these crazy mockups of a cardboard Shovel Knight shovel or what have you. Another false lead, of course. No acknowledgement of the hanging plot threads at the end of the blaster alien attack storyline for, uh, 437 days is it now? Nobody has seen Derek on our SFW discord for going on 3 days. But thanks for the epic skateboarding game.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

mfing fez the game that undertale, earthbound, and yiuik all ripped off? on the mfing switch? now this is epic

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Smirking_Serpent posted:

lol

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Ruffini
Oct 2, 2018

Smirking_Serpent posted:

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
https://twitter.com/Konami/status/1382375869574914048

a roguevania 2D action with a stunning dark fantasy world

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

NienNunb posted:

New Wario game for me (Land is the dream but I'd be more than happy with a new Ware)

I'd not be more than happy with a new Ware.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Smirking_Serpent posted:

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Smirking_Serpent posted:

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Evil Eagle posted:

I'd not be more than happy with a new Ware.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Made in Wario.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Wario Land 4 came out 20 years ago

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
And Wario Land 5 came out 12 years ago. Your point?

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

NienNunb posted:

tbh the best e3 surprises are things you'd never think of beforehand. so i'm happy to just sit back and get surprised.

but also a new super mario bros 2. let me hurl turnips at dudes in masks at a crisp 720p, doug.

Fungah! posted:

switch pro for sure. my switch is beat to poo poo and it's time for an upgrade
given that nintendo are concerned that they might run out of parts for manufacturing the existing systems, i don't think they're going to announce new hardware while the worldwide chip shortage is at its peak. granted, i've been wrong a million times before...

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

NienNunb posted:

I really would love F-Zero or a classic rail shooter Star Fox.

Mother 3.

It would be shameless fanservice but some kind of dumb sequel to Fire Emblem Three Houses.

Since you mentioned Wario, a Wario and Waluigi game would be awesome.

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home
i've never found a rail shooter i liked as much as star fox 64. like not even close. not even the star fox games before and after. where's the indie treasure one of those.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
play omega boost (the japanese version btw different title theme) for psx. its not exactly the same but along with rez and child of eden its one of my favs

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

The Milkman posted:

i've never found a rail shooter i liked as much as star fox 64. like not even close. not even the star fox games before and after. where's the indie treasure one of those.

I know there's some guy/people working on an indie Star Fox SNES that looks cool.

But I agree with you, SF64 was a high point. Rez is awesome too, and I love all the lightgun games. Panzer Dragoon got a remake at least.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Smirking_Serpent posted:

I know there's some guy/people working on an indie Star Fox SNES that looks cool.
Ex-Zodiac

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5x8Bo5eT9J8

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

Badass

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
there's a one-stage demo on steam, it definitely does a decent shot of scratching that itch. basically a snes starfox clone with a soundtrack that's cribbing a ton from the snes game, with an n64-style lock-on system. not a lot of radio banter in the demo, though, which is kind of a pity since that's where a lot of the starfox charm comes from.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

*PSY voice* getsu fuma den

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

*PSY voice* getsu fuma den

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Smirking_Serpent posted:

I really would love F-Zero or a classic rail shooter Star Fox.

que sera sera
Aug 4, 2006

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

StarFox Grand Prix

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

:words: i know but i think star fox 64 lives in our memories so well because of a combination of things that is never going to happen again tbh. if they release another star fox game that anyone likes, it's going to be people who like rail shooters (as opposed to people who just liked star fox 64, which i think is a lot of people). it's not like there was anything really compelling about the story or the characters, lol.

i don't know where that series could go. they're not going to rebottle the magic that made people enjoy one single rail shooter and the weird rare game made it hard to do a more traditional 3D platformer game. it's hard to put the animals in ships because that just creates a rail shooter and anything else you do with them would be better as metroid or donkey kong or mario. even an HD remake of 64 itself is going to make people remember that tilting at getting a medal in sector Z or whatever isn't fun anymore. the best thing i can think of if nintendo wants to capitalize on that IP is to hand it to an indie company to make a well-designed, old-fashioned 2D shmup, maybe try to do something crazy with it like 4 player co-op.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

I thought Assault was pretty good and could serve as a blueprint for Star Fox games going forward. You get the on-rails ship sections, the free roam Landmaster missions, and the on-foot stuff which I didn't love but I can imagine a game where it works.