Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Evil Eagle posted:

the Forgotten is badass

he can no longer cancel bullets with his boner however. sad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

just had a run with ipecac brimstone w/the conjoined set bonus, so i was firing 3 explosive lasers that were also poison and ended up killing myself on the new superboss

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
tainted apollyon is cool. thankfully i found the red key and had jumper cables so i kept finding more items to turn into flies

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Got my first Mother kill with Eden with a boomerang/sacrificial dagger start, boomerang is so loving good lol. Gonna be hard to skip it when I see it now.

Feels good to have "all" the characters. Now to unlock the other 17

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

I wanna be your left hand man

Saw a quarter for sale in the shop for 35 cents. Hard mode, ftw

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut
Only had 500 coins in the Greed Machine on PC version and Lilith is at 20% jam chance. . .drat.

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

I wanna be your left hand man

Made it to The Beast for the first time with ipecac, which was already hard enough, but I also had lost contact. So that sucked and I died.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003
Iu got shoop da woop or w/e fake brimestone otem with bethany fairly epicexcept i thot husk would be easy but they made the patterns worse now

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

mysterious loyall X posted:

Iu got shoop da woop or w/e fake brimestone otem with bethany fairly epicexcept i thot husk would be easy but they made the patterns worse now

The bullets move slower which is good but it also means that sometimes he switches between phases and patterns overlap with each other which is bad.

Alt-keeper is really cool, maybe my favorite character now. Captures the whole "greed" concept really really well

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

The isaac's awakening challenge item is sick, I need to unlock this

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Its really really good and some of the synergies are sick

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

ran into delirium for the first time in i dont know how long. i dont remember anything about how the void works. my god mode broken run got turned into liquid poo poo real fast

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I've gotta just memorize what each of the 100 heart items look like in this game because isaac's heart sucks so much rear end and I keep picking it up

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Evil Eagle posted:

I've gotta just memorize what each of the 100 heart items look like in this game because isaac's heart sucks so much rear end and I keep picking it up

its the one that literally looks like a heart. enjoy

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

at a -18 streak

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003
i had a good forsaken run going on the alternate route but i mistook the bloody door for the hell gate and i died since the skeleton had only one heart left [8 soul hearts on the ghost thos] :D :D :d:D:d:D:d:D

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003
erm the forgotten. whatever

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

its the one that literally looks like a heart. enjoy

Thanks op

The nerfs are lame but there are so many cool new items and synergies...I'm as addicted as when I first played afterbirth

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003
is isaac's heart like ever good, at all? idk if it even has weird edge case scenarios like soy milk + libra or soy milk + ipecac, which make soy milk (and libra) good once ever 500 runs. isaac's heart is always like turn around or hold down r if its your first item/you pick it up with the blind curse or w/e

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
self damage items wouldnt hurt you, so back then you could instawin by spamming blood rights (take half a heart of damage to deal massive damage to every enemy) but i think they changed that now

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003
i got killed by mother because eden started too slow to move out of the way of her rolling attacks.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003
holy poo poo! this game is trash! gently caress you!

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSEODuhmgdU me disposing of edmond and nicalis

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003
i got magic mushroom for my first item as the forgotten and beaet mother this time. whew. i would have actuyally driven to wherever edmund lives and killed him, had'st i lost.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

OH Yeah

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Tonight I will beat delirium and ultra greedier for sure

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
hot fuckin potatoes

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

is isaac's heart like ever good, at all? idk if it even has weird edge case scenarios like soy milk + libra or soy milk + ipecac, which make soy milk (and libra) good once ever 500 runs. isaac's heart is always like turn around or hold down r if its your first item/you pick it up with the blind curse or w/e

It's better than it used to be (enemies target you and not the heart now) but still pretty bad outside of edge cases like blood rights or having tons of contact damage or Midas's Touch or something

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003
why did they remove the damage up from maw of the void. thanks now i have a 20 second charge lovely version of brimstone that almost never gives black hearts just like in afterbrith without the good part [damage up]

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003
this game is made by mfin CLOWNS

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

why did they remove the damage up from maw of the void. thanks now i have a 20 second charge lovely version of brimstone that almost never gives black hearts just like in afterbrith without the good part [damage up]

actually it no longer gives black hearts.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Dude the telefrag active item is so loving good

You can telefrag enemies, doesn't kill bosses but does a lot of damage and you can even telefrag shopkeepers

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

ArfJason posted:

actually it no longer gives black hearts.

i realized that as i kept playing. alright hey thanks game

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I beat ultra greedier. not delirium though'

edit: I did it. Fuuuck curse of darkness even more on this fight lol

Was down to half a heart when I entered the Void but ended up finding more and more crazy stuff like the trinket I unlocked for beating mother with Eden which rerolls your active item every time you use it. I rerolled into a forget me now and did the entire void twice over. worth it

Evil Eagle fucked around with this message at 09:07 on Apr 17, 2021

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003
Goongrats. But the void is never worth it

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Had Almond Milk and did a full Void clear but hit R on Delirium because after 5 minutes nonstop blasting I was in no danger of dying but his health was only down 20% lol, stop wasting my loving time

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003
the only way i beat delerium with lost and keeper in afterbirth was thanks to the glitch where he loses like 3/4 of his health from transforming for some reason

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003
i'm glad the hitboxes are still bad/unclear to where they are exactly in this version and they even added a new bad hitbox hazard the spiked rocks + mom's phantom thing has the worst hitbox yet in this game. thank you

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003
WHY DID THEY NERF 1+1. WHY DID THEY NERF TAROT CLOTH. THE WHOLE REASON I BOUGHT THE STUPID ITEM IS FOR THE OFF CHANCE I STUMBLE ONTO A 2 OF HEARTS OR ALGIZ AND NOW IT AFFECTS NEITHER!!!!!!!!!!!!! fduck you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! EDITR HIT SHIFT FOR NO CAPOS AT THE END SORRY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
20/20 has a damage down now epic troll sire edmund mcmillen does it again