Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jase1
Aug 11, 2004

Flankensttein: A name given to a FPS gamer who constantly flanks to get kills.

"So I was playing COD yesterday, and some flankenstein came up from behind and shot me."
drat we all missed a long shot bet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jase1
Aug 11, 2004

"So I was playing COD yesterday, and some flankenstein came up from behind and shot me."
Why any of you bet against Francis Ngannou in favor of Stipe Miocic is beyond me. Just because the line is huge doesn't mean it's a good bet. Truly bizarre

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

jase1 posted:

Why any of you bet against Francis Ngannou in favor of Stipe Miocic is beyond me. Just because the line is huge doesn't mean it's a good bet. Truly bizarre

:lol:

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

jase1 posted:

Always bet the favorite, they're the favorite for a reason ya dumbasses

Stealth Tiger
Nov 14, 2009

There was a post I wanted to make in this thread, but I was afraid it would jinx the end of the fight. And I will say, the result of the actual fight was indeed the exact opposite of what I was going to encourage people to bet on. Bless all you gamblers.

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

G-Hawk posted:

Always bet the favorite, they're the favorite for a reason ya dumbasses

lmao im glad i self-proclaimed myself a dumbass before saying i thought betting on stipe as a dog was a good one

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
I myself didn't bet, and now that I know the result 100% I can comfortably say that anyone who bet against the exact outcome is an idiot who is not as smart as me.

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe

jase1 posted:

lmao

i missed hard on Almeida. OMalley looks like the real deal, he has like Conor level striking.

glad i went with my gut and bet Ngannou, although I missed the round bet. so only a slight loss on the night

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

jase1 posted:

:vince:

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

jase1 posted:

lmao

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i dropped $100 on stipe by dec so 🤷

jase1
Aug 11, 2004

DO YALL WANT A BOXC posted:

lmao

i missed hard on Almeida. OMalley looks like the real deal, he has like Conor level striking.

glad i went with my gut and bet Ngannou, although I missed the round bet. so only a slight loss on the night

I should have stuck with my gut as well. I was for sure Stipe was gonna get knocked out but I let the homer in me take over.

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Nothing much, watching the game, drinking a bud

jase1 posted:

I should have stuck with my gut as well. I was for sure Stipe was gonna get knocked out but I let the homer in me take over.

Please bet on Bones when he fights Ngannou so that we can see Bones get KO'd. Thank you.

jase1
Aug 11, 2004

I will never bet on that shitstain

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

Holland by KO +625 because sure why not (its "odds boosted" on draftkings from 400 to 625)
I guess Arnold+125 also

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
Why is Ben Askren such a massive underdog against Jake Paul? Ben is not a high level striker but he has done thousands of hours of ring time with dozens of guys that would effortlessly beat the poo poo out of Jake Paul.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Marching Powder posted:

Why is Ben Askren such a massive underdog against Jake Paul? Ben is not a high level striker but he has done thousands of hours of ring time with dozens of guys that would effortlessly beat the poo poo out of Jake Paul.

Because his hips are so bad that he was scheduled to have a hip replacement

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
> but he has done thousands of hours of ring time with dozens of guys that would effortlessly beat the poo poo out of Jake Paul.

Askren isn't those guys. His punching technique is pretty limited, and he's never shown much speed or power.
I'm not expecting him to get stopped, but he could get outpointed in a fight with short rounds and very limited clinch time.

Freudian slippers
Jun 23, 2009
US Goon shocked and appalled to find that world is a dirty, unjust place

Marching Powder posted:

There may have been worse strikers than Ben Askren in the UFC, but I'm drawing a blank right now as to who. I will not be shocked if he gets stopped.

E: Here's Gabriel Varga (who's got some pretty good technique videos) critiquing Askren's technique, whilst being all respectful and canadian: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6fzpxy4VpD4

vvv
I suppose he can still snear at Punk and Royce Gracie.

Freudian slippers fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Apr 15, 2021

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

cm punk

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Freudian slippers posted:

There may have been worse strikers than Ben Askren in the UFC, but I'm drawing a blank right now as to who. I will not be shocked if he gets stopped.

E: Here's Gabriel Varga (who's got some pretty good technique videos) critiquing Askren's technique, whilst being all respectful and canadian: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6fzpxy4VpD4

i don't really need to be convinced of askren being bad at stand up. i guess i'm more after someone to convince me that a guy who started boxing a year ago and wiith three fights against nobodies being so much better than askren that he could win convincingly.

Freudian slippers
Jun 23, 2009
US Goon shocked and appalled to find that world is a dirty, unjust place

Marching Powder posted:

i don't really need to be convinced of askren being bad at stand up. i guess i'm more after someone to convince me that a guy who started boxing a year ago and wiith three fights against nobodies being so much better than askren that he could win convincingly.

It's not so much that Paul is better than Askren, more that Askren is worse than Paul.

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

Marching Powder posted:

Apparently doctors have basically told Askren he shouldn't be training let alone fighting at this point in his rehab.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Wezlar posted:

Apparently doctors have basically told Askren he shouldn't be training let alone fighting at this point in his rehab.

that hip thing was real? what is he hosed up from?

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Marching Powder posted:

that hip thing was real? what is he hosed up from?

Lol yes it's real. He screwed it up wrestling. I hear that there are even points in his instructionals where he says "my hip hurts so this guy is gonna demo this move instead."

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe
have some money in my account so:

$25 on Askren at +150
$1.50 on Mir at +625

askren is not exactly the example yeah I would set as a high level MMA striker but he is at least provably athletic and competitive and has experience in combat sports. i have to see that jake paul has the endurance to go 8 rounds before i believe it. i think it's crazy that he's any kind of dog

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

missed the window.

$200 on askren +135.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

thinkin about doubling down and parlaying with bobby knuckles

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe

JOHN CENA posted:

thinkin about doubling down and parlaying with bobby knuckles

i put another 25 on Askren at +130. i like the odds a lot on Kelvin though and got him for 10 @ + 210

jase1
Aug 11, 2004

2k on jake Paul by decision or technical decision @+500.

What is a technical decision? Is that like if the fight gets stopped for a bad cut or something?

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

jase1 posted:

2k on jake Paul by decision or technical decision @+500.

What is a technical decision? Is that like if the fight gets stopped for a bad cut or something?

If the fight gets stopped due to an accidental head butt or cut and it's after so many rounds, usually 4 but no idea in this fight, it goes to the scorecards at the time the fight stopped.

Screama
Nov 25, 2007
Yes, I am very cereal.
$1 on Askren points or decision
$2 on Whittaker

Poirier is still a 2 to 1 underdog which seems crazy

Zomblified
Feb 17, 2011

Guess what? You got it for free! Are you proud of yourself?

$1K on Askren for the honor of martial arts @+150

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe

i put another 25 on Askren at +130. i like the odds a lot on Kelvin though and got him for 10 @ + 210

Bet on Boxing

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

argh dangit

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

hall+110
smith+180
rose+165

not touching the other two title fights but andrade is in tempting to bet on a ko territory

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe
$7 on Weidman at -143
$10 on Zhang at -200
$20 on Shevchenko/Zhang/Usman at +130

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

sorry man

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe

$7 on Weidman at -143
$10 on Zhang at -200
$20 on Shevchenko/Zhang/Usman at +130

i don't miss baby! i don't miss!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU