Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MeinPanzer
Dec 20, 2004
anyone who reads Cinema Discusso for anything more than slackjawed trolling will see the shittiness in my posts
So rumour is now that Cursed City was a limited release and that they won't be printing a second wave, at least any time soon. Not sure how much stock to put into that, but certainly glad I snagged my copy when I did.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
I kinda doubt that because it seems like they've spent a fair amount of time and money making and hyping sprues which (at least according to Goonhammer) seem to have fairly limited re-use value but then again: this is the SG thread?

loving hell: why not just go for resin if they're going to be such a limited run?

:sigh:

E: Underhive Informant confirms Klovis t. Redeemer to be included in House of Faith. :neckbeard:

Schadenboner fucked around with this message at 18:22 on Apr 13, 2021

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
I CAN BARELY MAKE IT A WEEK WITHOUT ACTING LIKE AN ASSHOLE
Grimey Drawer

Schadenboner posted:

I kinda doubt that because it seems like they've spent a fair amount of time and money making and hyping sprues which (at least according to Goonhammer) seem to have fairly limited re-use value but then again: this is the SG thread?

loving hell: why not just go for resin if they're going to be such a limited run?

:sigh:

E: Underhive Informant confirms Klovis t. Redeemer to be included in House of Faith. :neckbeard:

Because resin is poo poo and they'll never do a major release in it? Even if there's only one printing I wouldn't exactly call something that sent 8 copies to most FLGS plus webstore and gw store sales a particularly limited run.

LashLightning
Feb 20, 2010

You know you didn't have to go post that, right?
But it's fine, I guess...

You just keep being you!

As far as I understand, all the printing is done in China. They're probably still waiting for the next shipment of boxes and rulebooks to come in, rather than this being a limited print. It's idiots spreading nonsense.

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

We got crabs? We got crabs!

LashLightning posted:

As far as I understand, all the printing is done in China. They're probably still waiting for the next shipment of boxes and rulebooks to come in, rather than this being a limited print. It's idiots spreading nonsense.

It's probably nonsense but GW is not helping by not being clear about when new stock can be expected (if it can be expected) when it sold out in less than an hour as preorder in many regions. So GW is still handling this badly IMHO, they could just go out and say "don't worry guys, we'll print more, but it'll take a while, just chill". But they won't. And the ones gaining from all this are the scalpers.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

MeinPanzer posted:

So rumour is now that Cursed City was a limited release and that they won't be printing a second wave, at least any time soon. Not sure how much stock to put into that, but certainly glad I snagged my copy when I did.

I assume that COVID/Brexit/underestimated demand means that it's going to be difficult to find copies of for the foreseeable future even if it isn't a limited run in any way.

Genghis Cohen
Jun 29, 2013

Schadenboner posted:

Redeemer! Yeah!

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
You guys did notice the pandemic, Brexit, and Sues Crises 2 didn't you?

Didn't you?

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude

Lovely Joe Stalin posted:

Didn't you?

Are those anime’s?

Crackbone
May 23, 2003

Vlaada is my co-pilot.

Lovely Joe Stalin posted:

Didn't you?

Stuff happening in the world doesn’t excuse their very poor communication of what’s happening and if they plan on making more product.

Crackbone fucked around with this message at 02:40 on Apr 14, 2021

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

MeinPanzer posted:

is this true because i just discovered i bought a copy while blackout drunk at the lake this weekend

Yeast
Dec 25, 2006

$1900 Grande Latte
Depends who you ask.

Some GW reps are saying it was a limited release, but its also a game that is confirmed to have expansions. So I think there's a near 0% chance it won't get a reprint.

From a Cursed City Group:

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
That's not a rep saying it's a limited release, it's a rep trying very hard not to accidentally "confirm" something that hasn't been confirmed and won't be confirmed until it happens. :psyduck:

She could be sharing a shipping container with the next printing and no good rep is ever going to say "yes, it will be printed again, please quote me on that".

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I feel bad for that rep getting loving poked at by some weirdo trying get info that a customer service person def wouldn't know lol

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
I CAN BARELY MAKE IT A WEEK WITHOUT ACTING LIKE AN ASSHOLE
Grimey Drawer
That's just someone trying to say "there aren't more copies available on the webstore right now" why on earth would you think a CS rep has any idea what GW's future plans are or would communicate them to you if they did?

MeinPanzer
Dec 20, 2004
anyone who reads Cinema Discusso for anything more than slackjawed trolling will see the shittiness in my posts
Where have they confirmed that there will be expansions for Cursed City? Just curious

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice

Crackbone posted:

Stuff happening in the world doesn’t excuse their very poor communication of what’s happening and if they plan on making more product.

It absolutely does if GW themselves don't know what is happening yet. That boxed set contains a lot of components that would normally be sourced from China. If their suppliers aren't able to offer firm delivery dates then GW can't put up a post saying "Cursed City will be back on X date".

chippocrates posted:

What eBay store? I'm quite keen to vary up my titan Maniples (particularly if there are alternate versions of the Reaver carapace.

It's a UK store https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/battleblingstore/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=. Most of the options are for Warlords currently.

Waiting to see what this first order looks like before buying anymore, as I'm also really tempted by that Warlord flail weapon for my new Legio Interfector maniple. Plus they keep adding new stuff every few days.

Drunken_Pirate
May 7, 2007

MeinPanzer posted:

Where have they confirmed that there will be expansions for Cursed City? Just curious

Multiple places in the books in the box. The first line of the rulebook says that the quest in the box is just the first one. Rules for levelling up also says that future releases will allow heroes to keep their levels.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Cursed City, cursed release.

In happier news, I got some Emperor's Children painted:

Crackbone
May 23, 2003

Vlaada is my co-pilot.

xtothez posted:

It absolutely does if GW themselves don't know what is happening yet. That boxed set contains a lot of components that would normally be sourced from China. If their suppliers aren't able to offer firm delivery dates then GW can't put up a post saying "Cursed City will be back on X date".

That’s not what is being asked for. Simply stating they intend to print more or not. If they don’t know yet they can explain the “challenging manufacturing” circumstances, and say they’ll update as they have more news.

Radio silence is the worst thing you can do, and it leads to poo poo like the poor CS rep who was getting grilled by people.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Drunken_Pirate posted:

Multiple places in the books in the box. The first line of the rulebook says that the quest in the box is just the first one. Rules for levelling up also says that future releases will allow heroes to keep their levels.

To be fair, "Future releases" could also just mean "We're putting some more content in White Dwarf magazine". I mean, they're probably going to make more expansions for it, but that is vague enough that it gives them an out that way.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Yeah when the same thing happened with the Indomitus box over the summer they announced same day they were doing a print to order run the following weekend.

Where does the stuff about printing in China come from? Paper products are some of the most expensive things to outsource overseas so I can't imagine they'd start with this game.

Macdeo Lurjtux fucked around with this message at 14:48 on Apr 14, 2021

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Where does the stuff about printing in China come from? Paper products are some of the most expensive things to outsource overseas so I can't imagine they'd start with this game.

See any GW paper product - all made in China.

I can imagine whatever the outsourcing cost it's still cheaper to get someone in Shenzhen rather Sheffield do it. Made in Britain is expensive and not necessarily better.

Drunken_Pirate
May 7, 2007

Randalor posted:

To be fair, "Future releases" could also just mean "We're putting some more content in White Dwarf magazine". I mean, they're probably going to make more expansions for it, but that is vague enough that it gives them an out that way.

I think the way it's phrased is fairly unambiguous- the rulebook says, in the second sentence,

'This epic adventure is the Ulfenkarn in Peril quest- the first quest in the story of the Cursed City.'

Obviously it's not a guarantee but it seems pretty clear they're talking about future paid content.

Shallow
Feb 9, 2005

FWIW every 9th Ed 40k Codex I have here was printed in the UK not China.

Whether using UK printers when they feel like it extends to board pieces, tokens, cards etc. I don't know; The last GW boxed game I bought was Dreadfleet so that's hardly relevant now (nor any fun.)

BaronVanAwesome
Sep 11, 2001

I will never learn the secrets of "Increased fake female boar sp..."

Never say never, buddy.
Now you know.
Now we all know.

moths posted:

Cursed City, cursed release.

In happier news, I got some Emperor's Children painted:

These rule!!! At first I was like "yo thats a huge table"

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

MeinPanzer posted:

there are also icons for other areas and poo poo in the game that you don't really play in, so there's that.

Crackbone posted:

That’s not what is being asked for. Simply stating they intend to print more or not. If they don’t know yet they can explain the “challenging manufacturing” circumstances, and say they’ll update as they have more news.

Radio silence is the worst thing you can do, and it leads to poo poo like the poor CS rep who was getting grilled by people.

As someone who plays a lot of Fantasy Flight games, especially Arkham Horror, I'm used to this. TONS of expansion cycles and packs were simply out of stock for months and months, and only now just got randomly restocked for about 75% of it. There's no rhyme or reason to it but I do blame Covid for some of it due to many games companies not being able to do much at the height of pandemic last summer and only now just getting back to some normalcy. Quite frankly I'm surprised GW has done as much as they have though they suffered the same problems---much, if not all, of the Death Guard was completely unattainable until weeks before the new codex, wherein all of it went back in stock.

LashLightning
Feb 20, 2010

You just keep being you!

Apologies for the Bell of Lost Souls link, but there was something of a hiccup back in 2019 with their Sylvanian- Slane- Sil- Not-Wood-Elves army book. It's unsure if this was a Brexit thing or something further afield. This sounds like the same sort of thing.

Gee-Dubs probs wants to keep the situation on the down-low, as two "oopsie-whoopsie we did a fucky-wucky wiff pwoduction pwocurement" within two years may make people unhappy, even if the second did happen during The Plague and BOAT STUCK, BOAT STUCK, PLEASE, I BEG YOU!

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice
Out of curiosity I checked the GW rulebooks I've bought in the last few years. My 8E rulebook was printed in the UK, but my Indomitus book, all 8E/9E codexes and Titanicus books all say printed in China.

There was also some speculation that Titanicus moved away from the heavy cardstock terminals to thin card ones because of supply issues. Apparently they can make the thin ones in-house.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Paper stock being the determinate factor could make up the cost benefit. Normally stowage and tariff fees make paper products an unattractive item to produce overseas, not to mention paper has a higher breakage factor when spending weeks at sea compared to most other products. If the stock you need is made in China anyway that's when it gets cheaper to printer there too since you'd still be paying the tariffs and stowage to get the stock to your domestic printer.

On a Cursed City note, do you face stronger versions of the same enemies or do you just stop worrying about the bat swarms at a certain point? I was making some melusai the other day and started thinking of uses for the extra heads they give you.

Drunken_Pirate
May 7, 2007

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Paper stock being the determinate factor could make up the cost benefit. Normally stowage and tariff fees make paper products an unattractive item to produce overseas, not to mention paper has a higher breakage factor when spending weeks at sea compared to most other products. If the stock you need is made in China anyway that's when it gets cheaper to printer there too since you'd still be paying the tariffs and stowage to get the stock to your domestic printer.

On a Cursed City note, do you face stronger versions of the same enemies or do you just stop worrying about the bat swarms at a certain point? I was making some melusai the other day and started thinking of uses for the extra heads they give you.

As you level up, you tend to face larger packs of enemies. E.g. at rank 0, a adversary group might be 2 bat swarms. At rank 4, you might face 5 bat swarms.

Stats for enemies don't level up from what I've seen. They do get tougher after nightfall though.

with a rebel yell she QQd
Jan 18, 2007

Villain

Schadenboner posted:

Oh hell yeah, been waiting for this...

Also unless the sealed envelope in Cursed City that you are supposed to open after completing the last mission has a note that says "GET hosed", there will be expansions.

I highly doubt that after Warhammer Quest: Blackstone Fortress which was a huge success, they announce "The Next Warhammer Quest", make it a limited run that sells out in seconds, and discontinue BSF at the same time.

Yeast
Dec 25, 2006

$1900 Grande Latte

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

They do change as well based on some encounters. If you roll unluckily, like with the Vyrkos bloodborn, they can ignore damage completely.

So it depends, basically.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

I got my shipping notice for Cursed City today, so it is shipping for (at least part of) Canada.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
https://twitter.com/WarComTeam/status/1382721048332939266

(I don't think this is @GamesWerkshop? :ohdear:)

LashLightning
Feb 20, 2010

You just keep being you!

There's also the issue that the dwarf hero's building instructions were missing from the rest of the instructions, and featured on a little "errata" pamphlet. They may be redesigning the building instructions to include that character as to avoid having to continue to print that pamphlet. Redesigning, sending out for a confirmation print and then printing the new instructions may take a short while, and maybe they're not saying anything until the new instructions are approved.

Jan 18, 2007

Villain

This makes no sense...

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

with a rebel yell she QQd posted:

This makes no sense...

@GamesWerkshop is a GW parody Twitter account that commonly gets posted as if it were actual GW?

Jan 18, 2007

Villain

Schadenboner posted:

@GamesWerkshop is a GW parody Twitter account that commonly gets posted as if it were actual GW?

I meant that the official Warhammer Community team says Cursed City will no longer be available online... it makes no sense! Why are they limiting this WHQ? Is there like any reason to do this? When it sold out in seconds? Will they make like a non limited version with different art? The hell is going on. Even Indomitus got an MtO so...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
"We are not expecting it to return online" means that it hasn't been announced and they aren't going to be the ones to announce it.

Everyone seriously needs to chill the gently caress out about Cursed City, you'd think the world was ending because the community team hasn't stuck their necks out to promise a product that they don't know will be available any time soon.