Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Jimbot posted:

Judging by the replies it sounds like it was an exhausting season to do. Most of their other replies to people are gifs of characters crawling into bed (or comical substitutes).

Losing your main writer to his own skeeviness has got to throw an entire box of wrenches into your production.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Well I'm looking forward to it. This show almost makes me wish that one post in the anonymous confession thread that Japan was opening a Castlevania theme park was true.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
And that just makes me picture Disneyland theme-inverted. Complete with the castle.

itry
Aug 23, 2019

I thought it was known that the 4th season will be the last one? Maybe I imagined it.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

It will be the last time they have a Warren Ellis script to work from, so it wouldn't at all be surprising if it's the last

Bug Squash
Mar 18, 2009

Season 3 was such an upswing in writing quality that I personally suspected a lot was the work of a secondary writer and not Ellis.

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice
I hope the reason they worked so hard is that they're extending this season to wrap it up.

Then, they can easily skip to another Belmont for a spinoff. Or hell, Alucard 100 years later.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Bug Squash posted:

Season 3 was such an upswing in writing quality that I personally suspected a lot was the work of a secondary writer and not Ellis.

Pretty sure it was all Warren Ellis.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Bug Squash posted:

No, he's a legitimately great writer which is why it's a shame that he's such a monster.

Bug Squash
Mar 18, 2009

Hakkesshu posted:

No, he's a legitimately great writer which is why it's a shame that he's such a monster.

I know, Trans Met, Global Frequency and especially Planetary are some of my favourite comics of all time, I guess he just brought his A game for S3 and hopefully 4.

On the other hand Ocean was a stinker.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Ghost Leviathan posted:

And that just makes me picture Disneyland theme-inverted. Complete with the castle.

Disneyland Tokyo did actually have a haunted house feature that extended under Cindarella's Castle. They ended up having to close if after the government revised the earthquake safety standards.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....
Defunctland did a review of that attraction (it was The Black Cauldron related ) and it legit looked scary, espically for a 6 year old.

https://youtu.be/H6rnPqSrE40

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

https://twitter.com/nxonnetflix/status/1382736509665644544?s=21

And there it is

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008
In some ways I feel bad for them regarding the cycle of spending a year or so making the thing, dumping the whole thing at once, and an immediate response of "next season when".

But at the same time, when though.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I'm the spooky skull cloud

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

RBA Starblade posted:

I'm the spooky skull cloud

Could be a hint towards Death.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

I see he's working those muscles. Maybe now vampires will actually feel his punches.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Did they give a release date?

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
May 13th

https://www.ign.com/articles/castlevania-to-end-in-season-4-spinoff-series-planned-at-netflix

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Well then they'd better hit the gas, because wrapping all this up in 10 episodes is going to be a dozy.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

https://twitter.com/samueldeats/status/1383090132090195968?s=21

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Castlevania 2: Castlevania 1

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Spinoff Castlevania with new characters? That's what a lot of people here wanted.

Edit: I assume Alucard and Dracula are still on the table

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Darth TNT posted:

Well then they'd better hit the gas, because wrapping all this up in 10 episodes is going to be a dozy.

Don't worry they'll have a really interesting talk in a library for 9 episodes.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Simon Belmont series let's gooooooooooo

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort
Skip all the way ahead to Aria of Sorrow :getin:

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

1999 Final Dracula War LET'S GO

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Wonder if they go into Lords of Shadow territory. It'll be as far removed from this series while still being a Castlevania spinoff.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
I look forward to the Lords of Shadow episode where Dracula spends the whole thing as a mouse sneaking past invincible enemies.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Sockser posted:

Simon Belmont series let's gooooooooooo

Simon had his chance with Captain N. Let another Belmont take the reigns please...or maybe the Morris family to piss off the fanbase.

CHARLOTTE! JONATHAN!

Lurdiak posted:

Don't worry they'll have a really interesting talk in a library for 9 episodes.

If they manage to close the book with that I'd be fine with it.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Well Manicured Man posted:

I would be very into this.
Even though for it to be true to the game experience at least half the episodes would need to be Soma stepping into a room, murdering the monster in it, and then stepping back out when the soul doesn't pop out

Nestharken
Mar 23, 2006

The bird of Hermes is my name, eating my wings to make me tame.
4 seasons was a good run for the show. Pretty much all of the main characters have had a solid arc, so they'll probably just feature the new S3 vampires more in this one, which I'm totally fine with. For the next series, AoS/DoS with flashbacks to the Demon Castle War of 1999 seems like a pretty natural choice.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
The horny ninja twins was a dumb plotline but otherwise the show has been really excellent. I don’t even hate it because Alucard is new Bi-Icon and that’s a level of visibility that bisexuals don’t get a lot and that I was pleasantly surprised by, but it’s the part of the show that I genuinely dislike upon rewatch.

Also the awful pedo judge :(

itry
Aug 23, 2019

tsob posted:

I look forward to the Lords of Shadow episode where Dracula spends the whole thing as a mouse sneaking past invincible enemies.

Hey, I'd watch it :v:

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Well Manicured Man posted:

I wanted Simon after Trevor, then Symphony, then Soma.

So, sold. gently caress it. Soma's my favorite.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
I just want more snarky dialogue, high-speed dismembering, and plumes of blood. Vampires welcome too since someone has to be a super strong boss monster for the plot beats.

Hopefully the new writing staff can collectively write on par with Ellis before Netflix gets cagey and just slams their trusty cancelation axe on it.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
They’ve already said S4 is the last season of this show.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
Yea, I'm talking about the future Castlevania projects they want to make.

Bug Squash
Mar 18, 2009

Bust Rodd posted:

They’ve already said S4 is the last season of this show.

They said it's the last season written by Ellis, and the last season with these characters. They've said they're willing to have a new season or spin-off in the same world. Depends on if S4 pulls in the viewers I would guess.

Bug Squash fucked around with this message at 14:27 on Apr 17, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

itry posted:

Wonder if they go into Lords of Shadow territory. It'll be as far removed from this series while still being a Castlevania spinoff.

Seems doubtful considering it would be really weird to completely rewrite two of the four main characters.