Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all

Motronic posted:

That is called "cribbing" and it's completely fine. This is just another either/both out of context/I have no idea how things work post.

I think it's more the state of the cribbing and shimming in the 3rd and 4th pics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

Dareon posted:

https://imgur.com/gallery/3Jd5UAL
We've seen a few of the things in there before, but there's always more and it's always worse.

Pic #7: elliptical stairstepper for luddites

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

So this developer is building the same plan house with the same steps.

It would be a lot cheaper & faster to knock together a form for a monolithic pour, and use the same form over & over.

Dareon posted:

We've seen a few of the things in there before, but there's always more and it's always worse.

A buddy of mine has a shorty RV bathtub in his 2nd bathroom! What's the prob...
:stare:

Guy Axlerod
Dec 29, 2008
I saw a This Old House video about precast steps. Maybe that could be an option?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4q2-KovDjM&t=308s

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3dberhcXoSk

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

Oh poo poo yeah, knee knockers, exactly what I want in my house, that is on land, and not a ship at sea.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

im the wraparound couch crammed up next to the weight bench

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

The listing

Eighties ZomCom
Sep 10, 2008

This isn't the Star Trek house is it? Assuming it got redecorated that is.

kid sinister
Nov 16, 2002
Reginald? Be a dear and put the kettle on while your drop your deuce.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Dareon posted:

I'm totally on board with the Lada grill vanity, though.

Frank Dillinger posted:

I mean, I guess it’s technically a half bath?

It is *now*.

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

Nothing quite says home like a prison style toilet with no lid

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

koshmar posted:

Nothing quite says home like a prison style toilet with no lid

Love to spray poo poo particles every where each time I flush a dump.

Jows
May 8, 2002

I mean if you ever wanted a half-boat half-sci-fi design ethos...

I particularly liked the bed holes in the stark glossy white room. I too want my children to feel like they grew up in an institution.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

It's step 1.7 of how to simulate shipboard life at home.

E: which is supposed to be a joke, not something you do in real life, especially not in what appears to be a very expensive house.

Moatman
Mar 21, 2014

Because the goof is all mine.

Jows posted:

I mean if you ever wanted a half-boat half-sci-fi design ethos...

I particularly liked the bed holes in the stark glossy white room. I too want my children to feel like they grew up in an institution.

Honestly I feel like some kids would think the bed holes are cool. And then beg to have normal beds after sleeping in them for a few months because jesus those look like a pain to actually use.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Elviscat posted:

It's step 1.7 of how to simulate shipboard life at home.

E: which is supposed to be a joke, not something you do in real life, especially not in what appears to be a very expensive house.

Been there, lived in that. I took one of the much coveted middle racks in my cube.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

poo poo POST MALONE posted:

Love to spray poo poo particles every where each time I flush a dump.

I didnt know you had to close the lid before flushing. A whole new world! Been eating poo poo and piss all these years! Gone are the days of watching it swirl down.

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

I like that the wheel of fortune music reaches crescendo as you see the couches and then go above deck and look out at the quaint houses and are left with the implication that any one of those could be hiding something as bad or worse.

SyNack Sassimov
May 4, 2006

Let the robot win.
            --Captain James T. Vader

BaldDwarfOnPCP posted:

I like that the wheel of fortune music reaches crescendo as you see the couches and then go above deck and look out at the quaint houses and are left with the implication that any one of those could be hiding something as bad or worse.

BaldDwarfOnPCP posted:

the wheel of fortune music

the.

wheel of fortune.

music.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Should have used Riders of Doom.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FEp76ppPc8o

E: http://www.youtubemultiplier.com/60776cbc55cc2-the-attack-on-conans-house.php have to mute the other video, their settings didnt work.

E: ok that worked out perfectly - it really kicks once they get to the pods. :lol:

Vintersorg fucked around with this message at 23:30 on Apr 14, 2021

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

SyNack Sassimov posted:

the.

wheel of fortune.

music.

I just loved this one Quake fan video that had O Fortuna on it so I had to buy the full soundtrack. It (Carmina Burana) came with translated lyrics and there I learned that the Big loving Deal in that song is in fact all about the wheel of fortune.

KOrff posted:

rota tu volubilis, you whirling wheel,
status malus, you are malevolent,

Fortune rota volvitur: The wheel of Fortune turns;
descendo minoratus; I go down, demeaned;

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

SyNack Sassimov posted:

the.

wheel of fortune.

music.

Did you make that or did you just have it handy because either way, drat :kiss:

kid sinister
Nov 16, 2002
Oh my god. This one takes the cake. How to break your neck in one easy step, err, slide!

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

kid sinister posted:

Oh my god. This one takes the cake. How to break your neck in one easy step, err, slide!

Throw down some lumber and you can build yourself a nice little poop deck

Xlorp
Jan 23, 2008

kid sinister posted:

And this bathroom is for Slenderman

SyNack Sassimov
May 4, 2006

Let the robot win.
            --Captain James T. Vader

Lemniscate Blue posted:

Did you make that or did you just have it handy because either way, drat :kiss:

I made it :v:

BaldDwarfOnPCP posted:

I just loved this one Quake fan video that had O Fortuna on it so I had to buy the full soundtrack. It (Carmina Burana) came with translated lyrics and there I learned that the Big loving Deal in that song is in fact all about the wheel of fortune.

OK, I literally thought you were talking about the show for some reason. Glad you're a person of culture. :hfive:

(I mean, technically not since it's profane songs but whatever, profanity from the 1100s is high culture in the 2000s).

Also, In Taberna Quando Sumus is fun as gently caress to sing, at the right tempo. If you have time to breathe it's not the right tempo.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

they should advertise it as "have you ever wanted to live inside a stanley kubrick film?"

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

kid sinister posted:

It's an optical illusion, the floor is flat and everything else is tilted.

E: I've gotten to experience showering like this, but I'd just wait until the boat was level again.

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

SyNack Sassimov posted:

I made it :v:

OK, I literally thought you were talking about the show for some reason. Glad you're a person of culture. :hfive:

(I mean, technically not since it's profane songs but whatever, profanity from the 1100s is high culture in the 2000s).

Also, In Taberna Quando Sumus is fun as gently caress to sing, at the right tempo. If you have time to breathe it's not the right tempo.

:nice:

For me at that age high culture was trying to track back music I liked to the Sam Goody's so finding Carmina Burana or Throbbing Gristle was equally thrilling.

The CDs in some binder somewhere will remain a mystery for the ages.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

In motion the standard realtor fisheye lens really gives the whole thing a fever dream quality. I mean, the decor helps. Feels like the place is defying the laws of time and space and barely tethered to our reality.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

I'll cross-quote from when I posted in the Interior Design thread with some pics inlined

NoneMoreNegative posted:

lol this place isn't too far from me, if it wasn't still pandemic rules I might have gone to see it in person

https://twitter.com/ThereWillBeGin/status/1379123823019241474
Plenty photos on the Rightmove page

Outside: Grover-ish
Inside: Spacestation Cult HQ meets Clockwork Orange Milk Bar..?

edit: BONUS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3dberhcXoSk

Maybe turn your speakers down

IDK whats going on in the last photo there, some sleeping cubbholes?

flesh dance
May 6, 2009

Love to live in a house where almost every walking surface including the stairs would be like sliding around on ice when wearing socks

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

NoneMoreNegative posted:

I'll cross-quote from when I posted in the Interior Design thread with some pics inlined

IDK whats going on in the last photo there, some sleeping cubbholes?

Well my eyes loving hurt now, god drat.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

https://twitter.com/dan_p_simpson/status/1382553201883316228

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Devor posted:

Throw down some lumber and you can build yourself a nice little poop deck

:golfclap:

lordofthefishes
Mar 30, 2008

01000111 01010010 01000101 01000101 01010100 01001001 01001110 01000111 01010011 00100000 01000110 01000101 01001100 01001100 01001111 01010111 00100000 01000011 01000001 01001110 01000001 01000100 01001001 01000001 01001110 01010011

This is a masterpiece of (unintentional) comedy.

n0tqu1tesane
May 7, 2003

She was rubbing her ass all over my hands. They don't just do that for everyone.
Grimey Drawer

Hard surfaces on almost every single floor in the house.

Carpet in bathroom.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

n0tqu1tesane posted:

Hard surfaces on almost every single floor in the house.

Carpet in bathroom.

Ok, from the back to the front of this image, we have a shower stall, toilet egg, sink egg, and ???. What is this weird tiny sink?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Green Intern posted:

Ok, from the back to the front of this image, we have a shower stall, toilet egg, sink egg, and ???. What is this weird tiny sink?

Bidet, I think.