Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What system will you play the Good COD Game on?
PS4
XBone
PC
generic comedy option
View Results

municipal shrimp
Mar 30, 2011

Don't let that stop you I have won many games with my Easter bunny skin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
Skin is, unfortunately, prone to making an appreciable enough difference to outcome to matter, and it shows how badly they hosed up with Rose/Krueger/a couple of close alternatives (But primarily Rose). That said, our last game of the night tonight was a W whilst I was white pimp coat Yegor, so... :shrug:

It won't make/break your game most of the time, but it might be the thing that swings a specific encounter, and that might win you the game overall.

Xanderkish
Aug 10, 2011

Hello!
I'm just going to pretend that my neon green gun and bubblegum pink hotpants are like the difficulty slider, and winning with those just means I'm that much of a badass.

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

Sign my 'Bring Goldberg Back' Petition
4th of July D-Day is my chosen skin. Weirdly I have gotten both “gently caress Trump” and “MAGA!” messages while wearing it.

f#a#
Sep 6, 2004

I can't promise it will live up to the hype, but I tried my best.
Trash Golem or bust. I love that skin.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
As others have said there happens to be a bit of circular logic going on where these content creators need to keep pumping out videos so they manufacture new issues/points of interest etc.

Now don't get me wrong, there are plenty of loving annoying bullshit problems. I do not like how the Roze skin is but I also don't feel like its this game breaking skin. Its a bit of a nuisance but then again, I play casually? I want to win but whatever...although I just looked at the stats and it says I have almost 300 hours in warzone....jesus christ. You simply get people who like to rage about everything. The Roze skin for example is annoying but its so rare that I feel like I was completely cheated by a death via a roze hiding in a dark corner. Which is not to say it doesn't happen. But honestly the skin that pisses me off more is those stupid all white Faze clan skins. Not sure why but it does really annoy me when a whole squad has those on.

In any event a lot of guns are actually viable and I do agree that you should use what you like. Some guns are straight up trash but most are totally usable. You'll watch these youtube videos where they're like "with all these attachments aim down sight time is actually .8 seconds faster than with this loadout." And for me some of this is important to know but also I play on a PS4. I don't have lightning fast reflexes and I probably lag a decent amount. So yeah maybe this specific build of a specific gun will help me win a one on one if we both turn a corner and surprise each other and have to draw our guns. But really the majority of AR's are fine. I lately have rotated between FFAR, Grau, Kilo, and M13 and all have done fine with them.

soggybagel fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Apr 14, 2021

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb
I refuse to skin a gun with anything other than purple or pink.

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

soggybagel posted:

As others have said there happens to be a bit of circular logic going on where these content creators need to keep pumping out videos so they manufacture new issues/points of interest etc.

Now don't get me wrong, there are plenty of loving annoying bullshit problems. I do not like how the Roze skin is but I also don't feel like its this game breaking skin. Its a bit of a nuisance but then again, I play casually? I want to win but whatever...although I just looked at the stats and it says I have almost 300 hours in warzone....jesus christ. You simply get people who like to rage about everything. The Roze skin for example is annoying but its so rare that I feel like I was completely cheated by a death via a roze hiding in a dark corner. Which is not to say it doesn't happen. But honestly the skin that pisses me off more is those stupid all white Faze clan skins. Not sure why but it does really annoy me when a whole squad has those on.

In any event a lot of guns are actually viable and I do agree that you should use what you like. Some guns are straight up trash but most are totally usable. You'll watch these youtube videos where they're like "with all these attachments aim down sight time is actually .8 seconds faster than with this loadout." And for me some of this is important to know but also I play on a PS4. I don't have lightning fast reflexes and I probably lag a decent amount. So yeah maybe this specific build of a specific gun will help me win a one on one if we both turn a corner and surprise each other and have to draw our guns. But really the majority of AR's are fine. I lately have rotated between FFAR, Grau, Kilo, and M13 and all have done fine with them.

The bold was true for every gun pre cold war. And I wish casual play was a thing that's possible with the SBMM but the swings are so dramatic that even playing at a near blackout will still oscillate you between top 1% lobbies and 50% with no in-between.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

f#a# posted:

Trash Golem or bust. I love that skin.

Bear Golem is good too.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Fellow goon and I were just discussing how the skins in this game are actually quite good, compared to Battlefield 1 or V.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006

Let's talk Football.

Submarine Sandpaper posted:

The bold was true for every gun pre cold war. And I wish casual play was a thing that's possible with the SBMM but the swings are so dramatic that even playing at a near blackout will still oscillate you between top 1% lobbies and 50% with no in-between.

This is just my personal views but SBMM swings which people get very hung up with online don't bother me at all. If my team gets eliminated right away or with like 90 people left in the lobby whatever. poo poo happens. I think right now its just a tough game because we all know what we need to do. We all know the good spots on the map. We all know what guns we like etc. As disappointed as I am that it seems like the "new map" will just be a reskinned Verdansk I'm going to welcome the first couple weeks where we're all just figuring out the layout again in regards to where the good spots are etc.

I would say when it comes to AR's if you're new to Warzone stick with most of the Modern Warfare guns. I hate almost all the assault rifles that cold war added.

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Out of 10 games I will run into at least 1 or 2 where I get roze'd by some asshat in a corner at the top of the stairs or through a completely black window; it's definitely not some rare occurrence and happens to plenty of the folks I play with too. Perhaps it's the lobbies we're in that people make better use of the skin, I dunno.

I would say as far as guns go, you're right, you can generally use most MW ARs (CW ARs generally suck) and do fine. The problem is that the FFAR just excels so much in the short-medium range game, if you run into anyone within that range with half a brain you will lose the engagement without getting very lucky.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb

Beastie posted:

Fellow goon and I were just discussing how the skins in this game are actually quite good, compared to Battlefield 1 or V.

Battlefield One has some really cool, appropriate to the era skins.

BFV had awful skins with truly asinine grinds. The only cool ones cost ridiculous money that I refused to pay.

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

soggybagel posted:

This is just my personal views but SBMM swings which people get very hung up with online don't bother me at all. If my team gets eliminated right away or with like 90 people left in the lobby whatever. poo poo happens. I think right now its just a tough game because we all know what we need to do. We all know the good spots on the map. We all know what guns we like etc. As disappointed as I am that it seems like the "new map" will just be a reskinned Verdansk I'm going to welcome the first couple weeks where we're all just figuring out the layout again in regards to where the good spots are etc.

I would say when it comes to AR's if you're new to Warzone stick with most of the Modern Warfare guns. I hate almost all the assault rifles that cold war added.

I didn't use my numbers randomly. It's hacker lobbies then statistically what you'd get with no match making, back to hacker lobbies.

I think they killed the SBMM site because it showed that quite well.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb
I am always suspicious when I see a person running duel snipers on Shipment, winning point blank exchanges with shotguns, who have a career rank of 3.

Interestingly enough, I've got to Prestige 8 this season. Around level 310 I think, playing two to three hours a night.

It's embarrassing, because I then get absolutely poo poo stomped. At least my Cold War K/D is 0.91. Woo.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006

Let's talk Football.
The swings are fine. I'm probably right in the middle. I mean it sucks when its hackers but I'm not that good at the game so I probably don't notice in warzone.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Beastie posted:

CODs skin game is on point. it's such a stupid thing to pay money for, but I have bought like 5 as well as the battle passes, which I never do, just because so many of them are good. it helps that they actually put effort into them with unique assets and give them themes.

I think BF5 was the first game I saw charging stupid prices for skins too but they all sucked.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!
SBMM with my group and I made a reliable pattern:

10-12 blowout games
A max of two decent consecutive games that were evenly paced, not one sided shutouts
Back to 10-12 blowouts

Then we learn about EOMM, and how the SBMM tracker site got purged because how dare you see how the sausage is made, please continue Consuming Product, and we just stopped playing entirely.

It was never this bad with previous games, and we've been playing since CoD4.

municipal shrimp
Mar 30, 2011

Not that Activision doesn't suck but I'm pretty sure they killed the sbmm site because they were charging for premium accounts. There is another site that I use now, wzranked.com. It doesn't rank lobbies anymore but still gives you a nice overview of your stats and stuff. It also lists the most popular load outs for each gun which is pretty helpful.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Zombies are back in warzone. Great fun.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb
OH WHAT THE gently caress?!??

My god damned points disappeared. Again.

I’d earned 600CP finishing the Battle Pass. Today? 100CP.

That makes over 3000CP that have simply proofed into thin air on my account. After I filed the first complaint, they said they’d get back to me. I haven’t heard a word.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Are you sure you arent just spending them I have literally never heard of anyone else with this issue let alone multiple times.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb

veni veni veni posted:

Are you sure you arent just spending them I have literally never heard of anyone else with this issue let alone multiple times.

I’m old and stupid, but not that old and stupid.

It’s apparently happened to more people than me.

https://support.activision.com/community/s/question/0D54P00007r7hdpSAA/why-are-my-cod-points-missing

shilsu
Apr 25, 2017

Let's have some Aphex acid
Is the Sykov good? Shoot The Ship seems to be 100% people unlocking it so it must be at least a bit OP right?

mrking
May 27, 2006

There's No Limit To What We Can't Accomplish

80 round full auto with pistol handling and you can carry two of them. It's pretty strong.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.

shilsu posted:

Is the Sykov good? Shoot The Ship seems to be 100% people unlocking it so it must be at least a bit OP right?
It's been added to Warzone and is unstoppable.

shilsu
Apr 25, 2017

Let's have some Aphex acid

mrking posted:

80 round full auto with pistol handling and you can carry two of them. It's pretty strong.

I look forward to the coming time when everyone has one and shoots me with it and the time when I unlock and level it and it gets nerfed immediately then.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

What are the little circles of gas or something??? The screen goes green and you die but the game still put recons and stuff inside them? Huh

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
It's radiation from the zombie pin crawl

Crustashio
Jul 27, 2000

ruh roh

snoremac posted:

It's been added to Warzone and is unstoppable.

They absolutely break the game, the TTK is half that of the FFAR and you don't need to ADS. It's worse than the R9-0, probably as bad as the snakeshots. If they had a half a brain they would just disable them or nerf them into the ground.

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
I think I'm going to play a touch of WZ either BR or Plunder to get through some of the vehicle operator unlocks but I'm not going to give it a serious try until the map change because the current event with the Rockets and zombies is just exceedingly annoying, on top of the horrible weapon balance.

loving non-stop rockets and warnings and holy loving poo poo why did they think anybody would want this. Hopefully this is the end of Foresight from the missile silo buy stations too.

IW clearly didn't like all the CW guns getting attention for their game breaking TTKs and decided to remind people that they have a strong track record of game breaking guns.

municipal shrimp
Mar 30, 2011

Foresight only seems to really help you if you somehow luck into being very close to the final circle from the get go. Most times you have to hike across the map and inevitably there are multiple squads all vying for the one or two shelters in the final circle. I've had many more wins come from playing the edges of the circle than from camping near the final circle just because it's so hard to fend off multiple squads in a small area.

moosecow333
Mar 15, 2007

Super-Duper Supermen!

shilsu posted:

I look forward to the coming time when everyone has one and shoots me with it and the time when I unlock and level it and it gets nerfed immediately then.

Keeping up with the meta in this game is exhausting, double that if you haven’t bought the base game.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

moosecow333 posted:

Keeping up with the meta in this game is exhausting, double that if you haven’t bought the base game.

The base game's weapon meta is decoupled from Warzone now isn't it? Raven 'maintains' Warzone, IW maintain MW.

crondaily
Nov 27, 2006

Theophany posted:

The base game's weapon meta is decoupled from Warzone now isn't it? Raven 'maintains' Warzone, IW maintain MW.

Grinding guns and unlocking some of the things like akimbo is much harder if you only play warzone.

irpoweroutlet
Aug 23, 2005
It's 'Lectric!
I uninstalled MW after the latest update bullshit, but this new pistol is tempting me to reinstall.

Goddamn you Activision

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer

Captain Log posted:

I refuse to skin a gun with anything other than purple or pink.

The more anime the better

jerman999
Apr 26, 2006

This is a lex imperfecta

crondaily posted:

Grinding guns and unlocking some of the things like akimbo is much harder if you only play warzone.

This one wasn’t too bad, plunder storage town is basically a pistol DM server now.

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Damn, this is good coffee.
Yeah the gun is truly broken. It really sucks because it means that you haven an ultra-viable Ghost setup almost immediately. I really think Ghost as a perk and the heartbeat sensor need some adjusting. My thoughts were having a minimum required movement speed for Ghost to be active (similar to Cold War, but perhaps a little fast so that people can't just slowly strafe back and forth and be ghosted), and also having some sort of notification that you've been detected on the heartbeat sensor. Something like a small ping at the bottom, similar to how you know if you've been spotted by a spotter scope or drone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sloth Socks
May 13, 2005

dangling is the finest of all the arts in all the worlds

Lipstick Apathy
I popped back into Warzone to see how much of a mess it is, and wow, it's all sorts of dumb poo poo happening. On top of that, I sorta got used to the FOV and movement of Cold War, so now I'm awful again. And the 2XP end of season weekend has the dipshit pubbies out in force, who quit out when they die before even making it to the gulag.

I wonder if they're gonna move Warzone into its own install or into the Cold War install. Or are they just gonna do the new (lol "new") map in the MW install? I still think MW is the better MP experience with more interesting gunplay and guns, but for Warzone, I think I'm ready for that snappier movement.