Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Given that Thunder Rosa was relatively green in her time at LU, maybe there was an injury there but for 2 years to not have some therapy on the injury sounds sus...though given wrestler's pay and the cost of healthcare in America.

I think I almost convinced myself in believing Ivelisse.

I hope that she gets some counseling and therapy, if she can do so, and repair relationships with federations. Maybe a MLW or ROH run could be in her future?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Ivelisse sounds like someone who would be much better off if she thought mental health was real

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Beeswax posted:

Thank you for the Danhausen explanations. Sounds... hm

Danhausen’s dad ran a haunted house for most of his life. His dad also has a horror movie podcast, and sells his art at comic conventions while dressed as the Joker.

The guy had no choice, but to turn out like this.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Rarity posted:

Ivelisse sounds like someone who would be much better off if she thought mental health was real

she's been trying to defend this lately too

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Ivalesse sucks.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Rarity posted:

https://mobile.twitter.com/RealIvelisse/status/1382709256798019585

AK-47
Jul 10, 2001

https://twitter.com/prince_petty_/status/1382384978684694533

The Big E AEW storyline is right there. He just starts trying to hit up Sue and bam you got an instant feud with Best Friends with massive comedy potential.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Malcolm Excellent posted:

Ivalesse sucks.

I think she had the worst match on Dynamite tbh. There's been worse on PPV but I can't think of one I enjoyed less than her and Rosa.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Rarity posted:

Not an empty quote.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Quantum of Phallus posted:

I think she had the worst match on Dynamite tbh. There's been worse on PPV but I can't think of one I enjoyed less than her and Rosa.

I haven't been watching wrestling that long in the grand scheme of things but I've never seen anyone sandbag quite as hard as her during that match. Especially not on national TV. It was just bizarre to witness in real time.

Karma Tornado
Dec 21, 2007

The worst kind of tornado.

DDP reacting to doing something really cool by visibly being like "holy poo poo, it worked!" is the greatest, this is almost as good as the powerbomb diamond cutter

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

explosivo posted:

I haven't been watching wrestling that long in the grand scheme of things but I've never seen anyone sandbag quite as hard as her during that match. Especially not on national TV. It was just bizarre to witness in real time.

It happened more often back in the day. Dirtbike Kid vs the great sasuke is a pretty famous one. Dirtbike no sells sasuke until sasuke gets pissed and shoots on him, really kicking his rear end. Inoki did something similar to the great antonio

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Hardcore Holly v Brock Lesnar was pretty infamous but i forget if its ever been established if it was a botch or Holly trying to shoot sandbag Brock of all people.

Steven/William Regal v Goldberg is a funnier one though given how it was Regal in his most dickish dye to his addiction troubles its a little harder in hindsight that it cost him his job.

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

Lid posted:

Hardcore Holly v Brock Lesnar was pretty infamous but i forget if its ever been established if it was a botch or Holly trying to shoot sandbag Brock of all people.

Steven/William Regal v Goldberg is a funnier one though given how it was Regal in his most dickish dye to his addiction troubles its a little harder in hindsight that it cost him his job.

holly insists it was a botch because "you would have to be a loving idiot to try to sandbag brock lesnar" and it's hard to disagree

Wintermutant
Oct 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum

Insertnamehere31 posted:

So is danhausen actually good at wrestling or is he just a character guy

He's competent but unremarkable, and I say that as a fan.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Dirtbike Kid vs Sasuke was in some weird mask v. mask tournament where the finals would feature the loser unmasking. Only Dirtbike Kid was a dumbass and unmasked himself to wrestle in the opening round.

Regal insists he was not shooting on Goldberg, just trying to get a good match out of a very green wrestler.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Colt says Hardcore Holly is a cool dude, so I believe him

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Just listened to Danhausen in character for the first time and he reminds me of The Monarch from Venture Bros

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

It seems like at some point he realized he had been a dick for years and changed.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Hardcore Holly beat the poo poo out of Matt Cappotelli so hard he got a permanent brain injury, gently caress Hardcore Holly

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Rarity posted:

Hardcore Holly beat the poo poo out of Matt Cappotelli so hard he got a permanent brain injury, gently caress Hardcore Holly

I thought cappotelli had a brain tumor, or was this in addition to?

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

I thought cappotelli had a brain tumor, or was this in addition to?

from a cursory five minutes of research holly gave him a black eye and a busted lip. later he got a concussion in ovw which is how they found the brain tumor. holly was not involved in that. can't find any mention of brain damage prior to the tumor.

holly was and is the shits, not defending him or his actions

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Poor Mike

https://twitter.com/MariaLKanellis/status/1382688933729992709?s=20

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Yeah, the Cappotelli concussion/brain injury that caused him to find out about the brain tumor was in OVW and after he got beat up by Bob Holly on Tough Enough. (I might have just listened to a Between the Sheets that covered this in a tangent)

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

https://twitter.com/nwa/status/1382770045781168130?s=20

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Ah yeah I'm smushing the two things together, my bad

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Per his book, Holly says the powerbomb was just mistiming and not jumping at the right time. Denies doing it on purpose as he was well aware what his role was in that match (to get his rear end kicked) and also it's a dangerous move. He had to get neck surgery after that match. They also got their time cut from 15 to 8 minutes right before they went out and had to rush through poo poo.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Tato posted:

Per his book, Holly says the powerbomb was just mistiming and not jumping at the right time. Denies doing it on purpose as he was well aware what his role was in that match (to get his rear end kicked) and also it's a dangerous move. He had to get neck surgery after that match. They also got their time cut from 15 to 8 minutes right before they went out and had to rush through poo poo.

Notorious curmudgeon Brock even came out and said Holly didn't sandbag in that match. But people dislike Holly so much that they refuse to take both their words at it.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Reality Protester posted:

Dirtbike Kid vs Sasuke was in some weird mask v. mask tournament where the finals would feature the loser unmasking. Only Dirtbike Kid was a dumbass and unmasked himself to wrestle in the opening round.

It rules that the only reason anyone remembers Dirtbike Kid is for Sasuke beating the absolute hell out of him for disrespecting the mask.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Can’t see Bo Dallas accepting their $12,000 a year contract tbh

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
https://twitter.com/shidahikaru/status/1382763746519621632

Shida has been posting quite the stuff lately.

I'm not going to complain.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Shida is a very pretty lady who could also just beat the piss right out of me, any can post as many pole dancing videos as she would like, imho.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Remember folks :chast2b:

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Rarity posted:

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

I know Ivelisse has been a huge dick but I really hope people stop jumping on her soon because it's hard to watch, and yes I know she's fueling it and instigating it both by her actions in the past and now but she's also very clearly struggling with mental health issues similar to my own and at the end of the day being a dick and a jerk is bad but ultimately she is going to be the one that suffers, she doesn't actively hurt people it's self destruction. I realize her opinions on mental illness contribute to harmful concepts not to discount that, but I see this is someone spiraling and burning bridges and at the end of the day that's self harming behavior and I can't help but pity someone like that.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Eat My Fuc posted:

I know Ivelisse has been a huge dick but I really hope people stop jumping on her soon because it's hard to watch, and yes I know she's fueling it and instigating it both by her actions in the past and now but she's also very clearly struggling with mental health issues similar to my own and at the end of the day being a dick and a jerk is bad but ultimately she is going to be the one that suffers, she doesn't actively hurt people it's self destruction. I realize her opinions on mental illness contribute to harmful concepts not to discount that, but I see this is someone spiraling and burning bridges and at the end of the day that's self harming behavior and I can't help but pity someone like that.

This is a very kind thing to think and reinforces that you're a good person. I hope this blows over for her too without setting fire to any more of her life.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Rarity posted:

Are you kidding

Now I've got the internal feud of "Shida is Kazuma Kiryu" hitting "Shida is pretty"

Ain't horny here--just some Yakuza related soul searching

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Rarity posted:

I don't know the meaning of the word.

https://twitter.com/official_makai/status/1379682854846730240

:parrot:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

ARMBAR A COP posted:

Danhausen is on Conan O Brien's Podcast :psyduck:

it's a very funny <30 minute show for the record, Conan is completely enamored with him and he's not in character

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

The Last Call posted:

https://twitter.com/shidahikaru/status/1382763746519621632

Shida has been posting quite the stuff lately.

I'm not going to complain.

As someone who has always been in decent-to-good shape, it was pretty crazy to see how hard it actually is to do anything on a pole. It felt like one of those things that you could just do without much trouble if you were already fit but I was very wrong.