Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple on pizzadog derangement syndrome

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

i've heard from a few people they felt real miserable for a day or 2 after the second shot and i look forward to using it as an excuse to not work for those days. i hope i can get the second shot on a wednesday.

my son got pretty sick after the 2nd shot, fever & chills and stuff for a couple days

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

rotor posted:

my son got pretty sick after the 2nd shot, fever & chills and stuff for a couple days

same with my friend who got the j&j

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

The_Franz posted:

everyone i know who had a real bad day after the second shot got moderna. the pfizer people just felt kind of tired at worst

I had aches and fatigue and a really, really bad headache the day after my 2nd pfizer, was pretty much fine after that though

only 6 days left until I can get uncomfortably close while sexually harassing a carabbas italian grill server

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
my mtg playgroup will be resuming in-person once we're all chipped up

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through
i'm kind of hopeful this also leads to a pancorona vaccine. some of the antibodies generated do flip against seasonal coronaviruses.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
after my shot (J&J) I had a few days of mild shoulder soreness and one bad night of chills but it all went away quickly

mediaphage posted:

i'm kind of hopeful this also leads to a pancorona vaccine. some of the antibodies generated do flip against seasonal coronaviruses.

yeah mrna vaccine delivery is going to be revolutionary

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

erm... actually thieves should be summarily executed

The_Franz posted:

everyone i know who had a real bad day after the second shot got moderna. the pfizer people just felt kind of tired at worst

the more data i get the more it appears to be entirely random.

everyone in my bubble got the pfizer one and side effects at both injections ranged from nothing but a sore arm to three days in bed with a high fever and vomiting.

i had only a sore arm but i do notice that there's a tiny red bump still at each injection site weeks later. meh

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

After I get the full effects of the second shot I'm going to show up at my buddy's place without notice like "hey what's up, we're hangin' now" and see how much happiness and annoyance can fit in a person at the same time.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Sagebrush posted:

the more data i get the more it appears to be entirely random.

Much like your posting!

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
first shot of pfizer made the arm a little sore near the injection site but it only lasted like 12h

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy

Shaggar posted:

first shot of pfizer made the arm a little sore near the injection site but it only lasted like 12h

yeah same. noticed it a little before bed same day, was sore most of the next day, and fine the day after that. getting #2 tomorrow hope it's the same or better.

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

my first one caused every side effect on the list but they all mostly vanished by the time i woke up the next morning

i understand the reason for having to wait a few weeks before the 2nd but it's almost a week away still and i just want to get it over with because i'm assuming it'll be just as bad if not worse

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
yeah. Not only am i concerned about getting wiped by shot2, but since mine was cancelled because a reiki woo nursing office let 4,000 doses rot at room temperature, none of the other places will even let you _sign up_ for a shot 2 of mrna until 28.000000 days after your first. So i've got a busy weekend ahead of me.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
28 days later

Quebec Bagnet
Apr 28, 2009

mess with the honk
you get the bonk
Lipstick Apathy
i had a very sore arm with fatigue and overnight chills after pfizer #1, fatigue and chills cleared after 24h, and soreness cleared by 48h. tbh it was about as bad as any other vaccine i've gotten so it doesn't feel like much to report.

i apparently had covid last year so i'm hoping that the first shot was the bad one and my immune system will handle #2 better.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

If you're getting a heavy reaction it's okay to take some tylenol.

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003
got my first vaccine appointment on 4/20, scheduled thru kaiser. i'm in san mateo. i have to drive an hour to the six flags in concord! it was offering spots in sacramento, roseville...

creatine
Jan 27, 2012

its so weird how different people's reactions are.

I got the first round of moderna at the end of december and had just mild headache and body fatigue day after. 0 symptoms at all after second dose. but my coworker described the pain she had after first like her bones were on fire. another coworker had full blown nausea and vomiting after second dose.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

Chris Knight posted:

28 days later

i hope i dont turn into one of those fast zombies that seems like a lot of work

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

if im dead, im not running anywhere

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

[me, to boss zombie] "uh i was told i could rest when i was dead but uhhh"

SporkOfTruth
Sep 1, 2006

this kid walked up to me and was like man schmitty your stache is ghetto and I was like whatever man your 3b look like a dishrag.

he was like damn.
the night of both my Pfizer shots I’ve had this warm fuzzy brainfeeling that made me fall dead asleep on the couch for a few hours, and the usual sore arm nonsense, but shot 2's side effects seem to just be "kinda sleepy and ow my arm" for now.

more bleeding at the injection site this time, which is weird.

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

finally got one on the 27th but i gotta go to rural pa

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

Archduke Frantz Fanon posted:

finally got one on the 27th but i gotta go to rural pa

ooof that's tough cost/benefit analysis to do

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

I have a thing for courageous dongles

Starting to feel like poo poo after the 2nd shot

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

shoeberto posted:

It's the day after Pfizer shot 2 and hoo boy. I feel rough.

i got my 2nd at 3pm yesterday and felt goofy all night. thought id stay up late and sleep thru it lol. hit me like a loving freight train at 8am. 8a-3p i was a loving mess. aches, fever, hot/cold swings, dry mouth, nausea, fully body aches, joint aches. by 10am it hurt to move so much i was just yowling in bed. trying to get a glass of water was a challenge. poo poo is no joke. im still really loving messed up

Target Track Jacket posted:

It is becoming laughable how much my muscle hurts any time I lift my arm aaaaaa (dats me yellin)

i cant move it more than 45 degrees still. a shower last night was interesting

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

graph posted:

i got my 2nd at 3pm yesterday and felt Goofy all night.
Oh dip, did they open up Disneyland already?

Share Bear
Apr 27, 2004

BangersInMyKnickers posted:

Starting to feel like poo poo after the 2nd shot
:same:

i am drinking tons of water and trying to figure out what i am ordering for dinner because i am in no state to cook

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

creatine posted:

its so weird how different people's reactions are.

I got the first round of moderna at the end of december and had just mild headache and body fatigue day after. 0 symptoms at all after second dose. but my coworker described the pain she had after first like her bones were on fire. another coworker had full blown nausea and vomiting after second dose.

The only thing that seems maybe a little consistent is that women react worse than men.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

Fatty Crabcakes posted:

Oh dip, did they open up Disneyland already?

xD

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
My mid-70's parents got their second shots a few days ago and have had zero side effects. My first Pfizer shot made the injection site slightly sore for about half a day and nothing otherwise.

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

ive still got a big fat bruise on my arm from shot 1 and i think ive accepted that it's just something i'm going to have to live with now

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

Sagebrush posted:

The only thing that seems maybe a little consistent is that women react worse than men.

i was wondering about that, is it for sure not some dumb toxic masculinity thing where men don’t end up reporting reactions to seem tough? i guess if it’s from the trials it’s probably not that but if it’s from the cdc phone checker thing then maybe it could be biased.

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

I have a thing for courageous dongles

there's been quite a few studies that prove men are bigger crybabies about pain thresholds

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Share Bear posted:

:same:

i am drinking tons of water and trying to figure out what i am ordering for dinner because i am in no state to cook
get pad Thai

I think I'll get that or Indian if they ever actually get us some loving shots in this tory-run heck hole

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

BangersInMyKnickers posted:

there's been quite a few studies that prove men are bigger crybabies about pain thresholds

it could be that men complain more than women when they experience the same level of pain, or given that we have no objective way of measuring pain, it could simply be that men feel greater pain than a woman does given the same stimulus.

Eeyo posted:

i was wondering about that, is it for sure not some dumb toxic masculinity thing where men don’t end up reporting reactions to seem tough? i guess if it’s from the trials it’s probably not that but if it’s from the cdc phone checker thing then maybe it could be biased.

i dunno, but among my friend group at least only the women had the bad fevers and vomiting and whatnot. the dudes all had a headache or nothing.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

after the first jabberino i felt like i got hit for a truck for 3 days and my gf had barely a sore arm after both jabs

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

PokeJoe posted:

after the first jabberino i felt like i got hit for a truck for 3 days and my gf had barely a sore arm after both jabs

sounds like she just strained a muscle pushing you in front of that truck

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

It's estrogen!

quote:

Sexual dimorphism in immunity has been described in both arms of immunity, innate and adaptive (20). Generally testosterone has an immunosuppressive effect while estrogen has an immunoenhancing effect on the immune system. Estrogen has been shown to regulate immune response by impairing negative selection of high affinity auto-reactive B cells, modulating B cell function and leading to Th2 response (21, 22). Estrogen influences physiological functions via ERs which are expressed in brain, gut epithelial cells, lymphoid tissue cells as well as immune cells (23, 24). Estrogen also induces T cell homing by enhancing the expression of CCR5, a homing marker (25). Based on the relative numbers of various immune cells in males and females, overall immune response is sexually dimorphic and determines pathogenicity (Figure ​(Figure1).1). On the other hand, immune regulation by androgens such as testosterone impacts the immune system by augmenting Th1 response and activation of CD8 cells while down-regulating natural killer (NK) cells response, tumor necrosis factor-alpha (TNFα) and increasing the production of anti-inflammatory IL-10 (26, 27). This is supported by studies showing that in vitro presence of testosterone leads to a higher production of Th1 by peripheral blood cells with a higher Th1:Th2 ratio in men (28, 29). The dichotomy of sex-specific response was shown in a humanized mouse model of inflammation where exogenous supply of estradiol and castration in male mice led to an increase in autoimmunity (30) by augmenting Major Histocompatibility Complex II (MHCII) expression and modulating B cells function (31). B cells are targets for treatment in many diseases including rheumatoid arthritis (RA), lupus and multiple Sclerosis (MS). Depletion of B cells in ongoing arthritis in female mice showed higher efficacy as compared to males (32). Similar observations were reported in patients treated with Rituximab where women achieved remission more frequently than men (33). A predominant role of sex hormones has been suggested as the main cause of sex-biased autoimmune diseases like RA and MS (5). Remission of RA and lupus during pregnancy further support a role of female sex hormones in immune response. Although consideration of patient's sex for treatment is not a practice, sex differences in immune response suggest that sex-based treatments would be optimal.

Sagebrush posted:

it could be that men complain more than women when they experience the same level of pain, or given that we have no objective way of measuring pain, it could simply be that men feel greater pain than a woman does given the same stimulus.
They complain because they know someone will listen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
i've known some guys who are the toughest people i know, killed others in hand to hand combat, been shot etc, and their wives tell me they become the biggest loving babies when they get a cold or the flu.