Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

Kazzah posted:

What sorta stats did Woolie give his cop?

6 2 2 2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf

Genuinely can't tell if that's a joke or not

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

Kazzah posted:

He originally set them at that, then after he and Reggie did a read-through of the stats, wanted more Inland Empire & Empathy, and adjusted to 5/3/2/2 +Shivers

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

^^^ what he said.

Kazzah posted:

he actually went 5 3 2 2, but wanted to start at 6 2 2 2 :v

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

should have gone 6 2 2 2

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

I couldn't watch all of Nier Automata, Liam made that LP so incredibly frustrating.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Rody One Half posted:

I'm not interested in Isayama apologia, because anyone who hasn't admitted what that guy is by now never will, but on this particular point, just so we're clear, do you think Japan only started doing colonialism in WW2?

You keep being a pissy dork i'm going to insult melty blood

Pennsylvanian
May 23, 2010

Hetman Bohdan Khmelnytsky Independent Presidential Regiment
Western Liberal Democracy or Death!

Yardbomb posted:

I couldn't watch all of Nier Automata, Liam made that LP so incredibly frustrating.

Now that I think about it, I've never watched any of the Liam LPs. Not out of any sort of preference, mind. I just didn't start watching the channel until shortly before it shut down.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
The Shut Up an Jam Gaiden LP is a Pat/Liam LP and one of the best they've ever done.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.

Regarde Aduck posted:

You keep being a pissy dork i'm going to insult melty blood

You can't insult melty blood in a way that matters.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Liam was good in some, unbearable in others, his "Say stupid contrarian poo poo on purpose" deal in the latter made some stuff agony.

Then you had Phantom Pain where whatever his issue was with Pat had come to a head and he blatantly ignored him for a lot of it.

Pennsylvanian
May 23, 2010

Hetman Bohdan Khmelnytsky Independent Presidential Regiment
Western Liberal Democracy or Death!
My only real experience with Liam was the podcast clip where he really went to bat for Mighty No. 9 and that was rough to listen to.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
My favorite Liam LP is probably the NBA one. Everything that comes out of his mouth in that series is gold.

"Scroll off the screen and pick Akuma."

The Matt/Liam LPs on Matt's channel have also all been good.

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
The Xcom LP has some top tier Liam in it

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

The NBA LP was insane and great, even from episode 1 when I forget who exactly is like "WAIT, WAIT LOOK, LOOK AT WHAT IT STARTS YOU OUT ON IN CHARACTER CREATION, THEY KNOW" to the default being black guy.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Also them in awe at the extra-ness of the intro and the Devil King of Basketball Michael Jordan.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

"You rear end in a top hat, I'm a rich and famous athlete, you're just a fuckin scumbag, a convenient car accident could happen and I'd walk away perfectly fine."

Or whatever I think it was Pat said when you're getting shaken down lmao

Brutakas
Oct 10, 2012

Farewell, marble-dwellers!

Pennsylvanian posted:

Now that I think about it, I've never watched any of the Liam LPs. Not out of any sort of preference, mind. I just didn't start watching the channel until shortly before it shut down.

This Matt/Liam LP of Clock Tower 3 is superb: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLJdyZRNyk92pKhlkLecTCfdQQKxqpx4y3 (Granted it's post-sbf content)

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Top tier Liam:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HuV-EpLV8SU

DrSnakeLaser
Sep 6, 2011

Xcom is fantastic for Liam being the only one with any tactical sense in a game he's never played and watching it implode from the sidelines.

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Cry Havoc and let slip the Hogs of War
I don’t know why Pat decided to play that on the hard difficulty with iron man mode on. Should’ve done normal (if that’s possible, I never played it). It would’ve been nice to see him get further

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

SethSeries posted:

SBFC 014: Escalate Immediately to Gun Violence.

More than half of this episode is an in-depth interview about Killer Instinct as a launch product. I played that game from launch to its final season prior to it getting a second life via COVID so I just kinda bowed out. KI at launch was a bad game and it's kinda hard to go back to an hour plus talking about a flawed, launch console FG.

On that note, this episode is honestly kind of middling despite the banger rear end title. Letter time had a pretty good segment I'll go into detail on. First question asks the gang if they could remove a title from existing from their favorite franchise, what would it be. Woolie obviously defaults to DMC 2, Liam mentions Lords of Shadows from Castlevania. First one is the easy, no work choice, but Liam mentioning Lords of Shadow and its' 2 subsequent games reminded me those exist. That entire series was a lot of wasted potential, especially since LoS kinda holds up as an ok GoW game with a really interesting story.

Matt and Pat both have some wild takes that got me feeling some kinda way. Matt mentions wanting to erase Symphony of the Night because he prefers original Castlevania, thus prompting "Woolie, get the guns" and "Escalate immediately to gun violence". I can understand this take, but Matt specifically went after the DS games citing that "Castlevania used to be a big name, console thing" and even if SoTN never happened, I don't think we even have Castlevania or if we do then it is a DS game series.

Pat mentioned RE5 over RE6 which, I completely agree with. I played like 50 hours of RE5 to get that 1000 achievement points and every issue folk had with RE6 started in RE5. RE5 just had the slight benefit of the doubt as being "the experimental follow up to RE4" versus RE6 being "this needs to be perfect also I guess Revelations came out and is what this game could be".

All in all, sleeper episode, but much like last time, the next episode is "How Hath God Blighted Pat" so we're in for a real one.
Please keep doing this

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy

Grouchio posted:

Please keep doing this

:yeah:

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

theCalamity posted:

I don’t know why Pat decided to play that on the hard difficulty with iron man mode on. Should’ve done normal (if that’s possible, I never played it). It would’ve been nice to see him get further

Because he was bragging about how good he was at XCOM and that he could do a Hard Iron Man run no problem :smug:.

Then cue CASCADE FAILURE.

SethSeries
Sep 10, 2013

I'll have another write up in a day or so. Been a hectic week or two and I haven't had a lot of podcast time.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
Like most Pat things the 'cascade failure' wasn't just bad luck either. He was utterly out of his depth. I think it might have been another one of those 'i've never actually read jojo i just wikied it and forgot' moments where he's actually played 2 hours of any XCOM game and then just kinda decided he was a veteran.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

To be fair, he was also getting screwed by the game's general bugginess, the turn he took where it said a space wouldn't alert an alien, and then it did and then the squares changing after that turn was hosed (which was probably the turning point in loving him over), as well as the hilarious part of the bugged alien in a corner that couldn't be hit by like 3 different characters when they were staring at it in its face (which might not have been a bug because of XCOM's hit percentages but the weirdness of it not animating led me to think it probably was).

Baron Snow
Feb 8, 2007

Yeah, they were playing day 1 which had some amazing bugs.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
The "missed shot while the character's gun is LITERALLY CLIPPING THROUGH THE ALIEN'S FACE" is an all-time great sbf moment for me

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

GOD drat IT GRETA

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

Phantasium posted:

To be fair, he was also getting screwed by the game's general bugginess, the turn he took where it said a space wouldn't alert an alien, and then it did and then the squares changing after that turn was hosed (which was probably the turning point in loving him over), as well as the hilarious part of the bugged alien in a corner that couldn't be hit by like 3 different characters when they were staring at it in its face (which might not have been a bug because of XCOM's hit percentages but the weirdness of it not animating led me to think it probably was).

It was a bug, the ayylien was definitely being flanked, but that made it very funny.

Marshal Radisic
Oct 9, 2012

M O D E R A T E - T O - H I G H L Y - S K I L L E D - C O M M A N D E R

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
In complete fairness to Pat, X-Com 2 even on not-BS difficulties is entirely BS. I tried it out when it became free on PS+ and even on the easiest difficulty I quickly started getting screwed over by lovely RNG.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Xcom is a bad game where one bad mission can make the extremely long campaign practically unwinnable but also every mission can go extremely bad off of one roll of the dice.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

sirtommygunn posted:

Xcom is a bad game where one bad mission can make the extremely long campaign practically unwinnable but also every mission can go extremely bad off of one roll of the dice.

This really isn't true

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Sure, thats never been my experience with it, but that's cool if it somehow works for you.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

All I remember of XCCOM is

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nF_Ca45JRFs

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Captain Invictus posted:

The "missed shot while the character's gun is LITERALLY CLIPPING THROUGH THE ALIEN'S FACE" is an all-time great sbf moment for me

RevolverDivider
Nov 12, 2016

sirtommygunn posted:

this isn't true even on legendary ironman let alone lower difficulties

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

It's an uphill battle at first but unless you're not actively accepting higher rank units as the game goes on, I can't see yourself getting in a position where you can't keep making process.

2's a different story with how incredibly long people are out of commission if they get injured though.