Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
p sure i've seen highlights of khabib's early days and he is just thumping guys with headbutts while on top

i imagine he would turn conor's head to a mush, maybe a jelly, if the rulesets were expanded

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~

Lucasar posted:

The first of those tweets reads eerily like a trump quote.

Lmao came to post that those tweets had some extreme Trump vibes to them.

mewse
May 2, 2006

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

Lmao came to post that those tweets had some extreme Trump vibes to them.

Was thinking exactly the same thing

double negative
Jul 7, 2003

https://twitter.com/bokamotoESPN/status/1382806712894169089?s=20

rip

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Another lamb to feed the lioness :getin:

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Pena has a chance given that she can be a tireless grappler and Nunes has struggled in the past with that.

Nunes will still knock her into next month but she might actually break a sweat.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

beep by grandpa posted:

Another lamb to feed the lioness :getin:

A vixen is a fox :colbert:

double negative
Jul 7, 2003

pena does have a win over former ufc champion nicco montano

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Marching Powder posted:

yeah the first fight wasn't such a blowout that i'm confident about conor having no chance. if he's got an answer for the calf kick then i've got it 50/50.

He'll also need an answer for Dustin's grappling and Dustin noticing that Conor only ever throws two punches.

All of Conor's wins come in the first round and a half and he's now rematching a guy who beat him within the first round and a half. A guy who has fought, repeatedly, and looked really loving good in five round fights that he won largely by being able to fight at a consistent pace that entire time.

Snowman_McK fucked around with this message at 02:38 on Apr 16, 2021

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

dustin rules, i hope to see him crush conor again and then consume him & take his powers like kirby

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?
Poirier will pretty much end Conor's hopes of ever getting the gold back at 155

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Nierbo posted:

Poirier will pretty much end Conor's hopes of ever getting the gold back at 155

This will never happen unless he kills Conor

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Poirier is going to win by first round KO and they'll hand Conor a belt

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010
Lightweight has a spectacular ability to have people who are on really impressive win streaks at one point get ignominiously crushed ten minutes later. I'm thinking of all the fighters we've seen on long winstreaks who then barely win in the UFC again. Guillard and Sotiropolous. Or guys who get dereailed and can never get it back, like Dunham or Barboza.

nordichammer
Oct 11, 2013
Sadly I think we add Ferguson to that list

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

beep by grandpa posted:

dustin rules, i hope to see him crush conor again and then consume him & take his powers like kirby

I'm not sure a coked up rage machine is something he wants to become

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?

Snowman_McK posted:

Lightweight has a spectacular ability to have people who are on really impressive win streaks at one point get ignominiously crushed ten minutes later. I'm thinking of all the fighters we've seen on long winstreaks who then barely win in the UFC again. Guillard and Sotiropolous. Or guys who get dereailed and can never get it back, like Dunham or Barboza.

honestly khabib figured out what to do in a monster division like lw - as soon as people think you're the best, start fighting once a year, let all the contenders pummel each other and then by fighting the guy on top of that pile you've beaten a bunch of other people by association. without actually having to fight a bunch of lightweights, take a bunch of damage in training, and lose unexpectedly anyway because it's mma.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Ringo Roadagain posted:

the best foul from the khabib fight was the knee because conor would later take to twitter to subtly imply that if knees to the head of a grounded opponent were legal he could have won the fight. as if making the strike legal wouldn't lead to khabib incorporating the strike into his own ground game

https://twitter.com/TheNotoriousMMA/status/1319079525133783041

I reckon he could have hit Khabib with those for another 2 minutes without actually hurting him.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

Josuke Higashikata posted:

I reckon he could have hit Khabib with those for another 2 minutes without actually hurting him.

lmao I just noticed how gently the ref is trying to pull Conor's toes out of the cage, gently caress.

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Is that a joke? Watch Khabib curl in, that poo poo loving hurt

Kragger99
Mar 21, 2004
Pillbug
Fun little vid of Bobby Knuckles ranking things. My wife is Aussie, and I agree with the top 4 of his top 5 most dangerous animals in Australia. Really pulling for him, but he's got a LOT of accumulated damage at this point of his career. It seems he gets wobbled in every fight he's in, but man when he wins it's something special.

Love the sound bite at 2:19

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=prbl9Z7C19A

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

you can cheat a little bit in the ufc and especially title fights, it's fine. just don't cheat too much. have fun :^)

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

BrotherJayne posted:

Is that a joke? Watch Khabib curl in, that poo poo loving hurt

There's "Hurt" like ow that hurts, and there's MMA "Hurt" which usually means getting wobbly on your feet or getting knocked out if it's in a weird ground exchange like that.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

beep by grandpa posted:

you can cheat a little bit in the ufc and especially title fights, it's fine. just don't cheat too much. have fun :^)

alright fine -
conor can have a little eyepoke, as a cheat.

Nis
Feb 21, 2011

:allears:

CommonShore posted:

Poirier is going to win by first round KO and they'll hand Conor a belt

it'll be a newly created "Champion for Freedom" belt and then Conor will call Dana a dumb son of a bitch and a stone cold loser

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

They're gonna bring back the BMF belt and give it to Conor after he whomps Dan Hooker

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Also it looks like someone missed weight by two whole weight classes :wow:

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2021/4/16/22388106/zarah-fairn-ridiculous-weight-miss-gets-ufc-vegas-24-fight-cancelled-mma-news

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Kragger99 posted:

Fun little vid of Bobby Knuckles ranking things. My wife is Aussie, and I agree with the top 4 of his top 5 most dangerous animals in Australia. Really pulling for him, but he's got a LOT of accumulated damage at this point of his career. It seems he gets wobbled in every fight he's in, but man when he wins it's something special.

Love the sound bite at 2:19

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=prbl9Z7C19A

Yeah I love me some bobby knuckles. Guys with his style tend to have an expiration date that's shorter than most.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

> Fairn vs. Nunes is off.

hmm, but at 147, maybe another Fairn vs Nunes can be on.

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Klose has an undisclosed injury, the fights off. drat this card got even worse

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

loving goddammit

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

Fuuuuuuck, I was really looking forward to that scrap

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

chaleski posted:

Klose has an undisclosed injury, the fights off. drat this card got even worse

Apparently Klose got hurt due to Stephens violently shoving him at the weigh in face offs

so, yknow, lol

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Half expecting one of the fights to play entrance music and the other guy just doesn't show up.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

LobsterMobster posted:

Apparently Klose got hurt due to Stephens violently shoving him at the weigh in face offs

so, yknow, lol

https://twitter.com/arielhelwani/status/1383564237683847168

holy poo poo gently caress that dude

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

Cut him

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
idiot hell fucker

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

A bunch of the replies are pro-Stevens saying how tough he is or whatever lol

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Birchak gets slammed to the ground, takes 75 undefended shots to the side of the head while the commentators scream,"It's over! It's over! The fight is done 3 minutes into round 1!".

Finally the referee leaps in to take action: "Hey. Defend yourself!"

The fight is still going!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NObodyNOWHERE
Apr 24, 2007

Now we are all sons of bitches.
Hell Gem
Man gently caress Stephens. What a fuckin tool.