Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Zil posted:

Is that some kind of Disney thing or just unintentional Mickey Mouse head shape?

if it wasnt Disney they'd have sued it out of existence by now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Zil posted:

Is that some kind of Disney thing or just unintentional Mickey Mouse head shape?

Not only is it a Disney thing, it's one of the main junctions that connects the Disney substation and Disney Power Plant to the rest of the grid.

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

Excuse the listical but There's a lot of interesting disguised cell towers out there.

All birds are drones and all trees are cell towers.

blunt has issued a correction as of 20:13 on Apr 14, 2021

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

the saguaro ones actually kind of work well

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

I made a thing.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Communist Walrus posted:

I made a thing.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Communist Walrus posted:

I made a thing.

I feel like I have been cursed for seven generations for even looking at that

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

The parking space reminded me of people who bought inner city parking spaces for cheap in like the 70s, and now own that space forever and rent it out for ridiculous amounts (like approaching a livable "wage" per space). It's like landlording but with even less responsibilities!

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Communist Walrus posted:

I made a thing.

:mods::gas:

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

BonHair posted:

The parking space reminded me of people who bought inner city parking spaces for cheap in like the 70s, and now own that space forever and rent it out for ridiculous amounts (like approaching a livable "wage" per space). It's like landlording but with even less responsibilities!

are these on-street spots?

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

blunt posted:

Excuse the listical but There's a lot of interesting disguised cell towers out there.

All birds are drones and all trees are cell towers.

communication tower trees are designed that way so that when viewed from very high up they just look like trees and thus won't get bombed by the USSR

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

The Nastier Nate posted:

communication tower trees are designed that way so that when viewed from very high up they just look like trees and thus won't get bombed by the USSR

They're designed that way so the blend in for decorative reasons. The local town doesn't want an ugly cell tower, so they get disguised.

pygmy tyrant
Nov 25, 2005

*not a small business owner

Poorly disguised cell towers stand out way more than regular ones imo, so saying it's so the commies can't blow up your good christian 4G towers makes more sense than reality. The ones on the east coast dressed up as conifers looming over almost entirely deciduous forests at twice the height of the canopy are extra egregious.

I assume this phenomenon is some deep lizard part of my brain recognizing them as predators out to ambush me.

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan
here's a fun thing I learned. my neighborhood, which is filled with $500,000+ single family homes counts as a "low income area" for the purpose of applying for grants because there's a condo/apartment complex in the census tract which drags down the average income

Doggles
Apr 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/ClimateNexus/status/1382069830128373768

:allbuttons:

human garbage bag
Jan 8, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
If the government wants to give out $100 billion+ in new ev credits, they absolutely should just ban bitcoin.

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Crypto mining is going to be considered a crime on par with genocide in a few decades

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

Yeah but have you considered that the US military exists and maintains the dominance of the dollar for oil? Warfare didn't exist before fiat currency, central banks invented the concept of war

https://twitter.com/TortyCash/status/1382230109357228032

have you considered...electric cars aren't good either

Nitevision
Oct 5, 2004

Your Friendly FYAD Helper
Ask Me For FYAD Help
Another Reason To Talk To Me Is To Hangout

The Oldest Man posted:

Crypto mining is going to be considered a crime on par with genocide in a few decades

alhamdulillah

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

from the doomsday thread

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Proust Malone posted:

from the doomsday thread

Man I should have invested in Money

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

Shame Boy posted:

Man I should have invested in Money

no it means now is a good time to get out of money

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Antonymous posted:

Precious metals or bitcoin?

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Zil posted:

Precious metals or bitcoin?

bitcoin is money

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Antonymous posted:

Clearly if I had invested my four trillion dollars in Money Stock at the beginning of 2020 I would have gotten 400% returns by now, what are you talking about

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

indigi posted:

bitcoin is money

Bitcoin is a money*

*not actually a money

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Shipon posted:

Yeah but have you considered that the US military exists and maintains the dominance of the dollar for oil? Warfare didn't exist before fiat currency, central banks invented the concept of war

https://twitter.com/TortyCash/status/1382230109357228032

have you considered...electric cars aren't good either

https://twitter.com/existentialcoms...ingawful.com%2F

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

The Oldest Man posted:

Probably a solid 50% of people think we can have little a genocide, as a treat.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

indigi posted:

bitcoin is money

lol good one

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

there is no stop

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

But what if the electric car companies then sell carbon credits to coal-fired power plants, thus rendering them carbon neutral and solving the problem once and for all?

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/WSJopinion/status/1382704137314439171

:shuckyes:

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

"Big business has never been a reliable friend of capitalism" is such a loving galaxy brain take that it's making my head spin

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
the year is 2069. eternal president Bernie Sanders has illegalized being a CEO. those that still practice the lifestyle call themselves a "friend of capitalism" to keep the DSA spies from identifying them.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

what does their “left turn” consist of

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
You know he's the villain, because he's got shifty eyes.
not being 100% maliciously evil all the time

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

indigi posted:

what does their “left turn” consist of

thinking that perhaps the wholesale assault and abuse of children is bad

edit my mistake they're bitching because coca cola says that people should be allowed to vote, contrary to the georgia gop

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

Suspicious posted:

not being 100% maliciously evil all the time

*paying some people to write articles about how they're not maliciously evil all the time

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Peanut President posted:

thinking that perhaps the wholesale assault and abuse of children is bad

edit my mistake they're bitching because coca cola says that people should be allowed to vote, contrary to the georgia gop

to be fair to coca cola they probably don't want non-Americans to be able to vote

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

the Indian point nuclear power plant is being shut down at the end of the month for no reason