Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Question.
This poll is closed.
Yes. 76 50.67%
No. 74 49.33%
Total: 127 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Content warning: last moment of kid's life.. Not video, just a still. Feel free to search for the video if you want.

https://twitter.com/GriffinMalone6/status/1382800127291654146?s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

kraken! posted:

Why not just build out mass transit? Can't get pulled over for speeding on the bus.

See you would think that, but there's actually a documentary on the subject.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

What the gently caress is this poo poo

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Cop didn't even wait for compliance.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

UP THE BUM NO BABY posted:

A 13-year old in Chicago was murdered by cops because ACAB. They tried to cover it up for a week or two and planted stories about the kid being armed and dangerous before the age got out. Then after his age got out the local media tried to present 13-year olds as a threat to police officers.

ACAB

e: seriously this is gross af
https://twitter.com/chitribopinions/status/1379556582145544193?s=19

Lori Lightfoot is already raising the bridges, they know they hosed up. Again.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

THE PIGS DIDN'T TELL HIS FAMILY AND JUST LET HIS MOM KEEP LOOKING FOR HIM FOR THREE DAYS

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

shame on an IGA posted:

THE PIGS DIDN'T TELL HIS FAMILY AND JUST LET HIS MOM KEEP LOOKING FOR HIM FOR THREE DAYS

It would be a lot simpler to just stop killing people but no, that's just not an option. Instead we're going to keep killing people then jump through our own assholes to cover it up.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

shame on an IGA posted:

Wait. What?

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

stealie72 posted:

Wait. What?

ACAB

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

This is somehow beyond that.

gently caress this goddamn loving country. I don't even know what to say to this thread full of people who got put into harms way wearing its flag.

We had an insurrection against a fair election, but no insurrection against this poo poo. Just protests that get beat down on live TV.

gently caress.

Edit: I thought I had already crack pinged. Can you do it twice? Because gently caress.

Edit edit: this poor fuckin kid is my son's age. Probably why the second crack ping.

stealie72 fucked around with this message at 23:41 on Apr 15, 2021

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

Naramyth posted:

Sweden or something does percentage of income for fines. Some big hockey player ate a 5 figure speeding ticket a few years ago.

The real famous people or buddies of the cops will still get off but it’s a start.

E: Its Finland https://www.theatlantic.com/business/archive/2015/03/finland-home-of-the-103000-speeding-ticket/387484/

I think this is great. A fine dependent on income or net worth is great. I'd love to see Bezos pulled over and fork over $500 million.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

stealie72 posted:

gently caress this goddamn loving country. I don't even know what to say to this thread full of people who got put into harms way wearing its flag.

We had an insurrection against a fair election, but no insurrection against this poo poo. Just protests that get beat down on live TV.

gently caress.

Edit: I thought I had already crack pinged. Can you do it twice? Because gently caress.

Edit edit: this poor fuckin kid is my son's age. Probably why the second crack ping.

Yuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuup

poll plane variant
Jan 12, 2021

by sebmojo
I don't think you can take Americans and build a good country out of us

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
Can you even imagine if there weren't cops to protect you when you went outside and you had to see 13 year old kids just roaming the streets tho??

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

stealie72 posted:

Fwiw I don’t hold think my time in the army did anything positive for the world

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
It's a "get hosed Florida" sort of week

https://twitter.com/Phil_Lewis_/status/1382835886036033539?s=19

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

https://twitter.com/OmariJHardy/status/1382521994554572804
https://twitter.com/bjoewolf/status/1382581549523161090?s=19

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

So you can just deliberately eject all the star athletes of affluent families every game for funsies. This is so ripe for malicious compliance until it finally hits the courts and get struck. Take a gross system and rub republicans face in it until the bullying finally gets through to them.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

SchnorkIes posted:

Any time you are saying you're ok with something being criminalized, realize you're saying it merits summary execution in the US.

Cool story.

Anyway my point, which I feel really loving weird having to point out, is that using your turn signal does not belong in the list of things one does with a car that is not a safety issue.

It belongs in the list of things which are safety issues. Because using your turn signal to signal you are turning is a safety thing. It's not on the same list as things like, for example, just out of my rear end, not having your license plate light working, or having an "obstructed" license plate, or having expired tags. Those are not safety issues.

Safety issues, for example, would be things like not using your turn signal to indicate you are turning or changing lanes. Speeding and weaving through traffic. Using your phone while driving. Driving in the bike lane or on the sidewalk.

I hope this has been made sufficiently clear for you.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

M_Gargantua posted:

So you can just deliberately eject all the star athletes of affluent families every game for funsies. This is so ripe for malicious compliance until it finally hits the courts and get struck. Take a gross system and rub republicans face in it until the bullying finally gets through to them.

Had the same thought, but the people that passed the bill actually don't give a poo poo about women's sports in the slightest. Transpeople are the new Other, so it's time to make people afraid.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:

M_Gargantua posted:

No, it'll just create a market for rich families to get some sort of hosed up "gender passport" so that they're pre-approved and can't be questioned.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

M_Gargantua posted:

Yeah, but who’s going to implement malicious compliance? No kid deserves to be subjected to such “investigations”, even if their parents are transphobic shitheads.

lightpole
Jun 4, 2004
I think that MBAs are useful, in case you are looking for an answer to the question of "Is lightpole a total fucking idiot".

M_Gargantua posted:

Genital inspections what the gently caress who writes that poo poo in holy gently caress

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
As Yahoo Answers shuts down, it becomes manifest.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Platystemon posted:

Yeah, but who’s going to implement malicious compliance? No kid deserves to be subjected to such “investigations”, even if their parents are transphobic shitheads.

I wonder if it even occured to them that someone might use this against boys teams. Maliciously or not.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

I couldn't think of a joke, beyond something like it being remarkably on brand for republicans passing a bill where kids get their junk inspected.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

CainFortea posted:

I wonder if it even occured to them that someone might use this against boys teams. Maliciously or not.

They will give the boys physicals at the beginning of the year and it will be all that is needed for proof and the girls will not be afforded the same courtesy so that they can be subjected to on the spot sexual assault

poll plane variant
Jan 12, 2021

by sebmojo

boop the snoot posted:

They will give the boys physicals at the beginning of the year and it will be all that is needed for proof and the girls will not be afforded the same courtesy so that they can be subjected to on the spot sexual assault

Who does it like the opposing team's coach?

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
Well it sounds like they have to pay a doctor to verify you, which is still gross as gently caress. Does sound like its written to legally also apply to men's teams which means you can bludgeon it to enrage everyone's parents and get it repealed.

The point of malicious compliance is to break the system and force them to give up on the whole process. Hopefully the courts just work faster. Or Florida sinks into the sea and takes its whole state government with it.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
https://twitter.com/ComfortableCam/status/1382797429603409921?s=19

Wrong Theory
Aug 27, 2005

Satellite from days of old, lead me to your access code

:kstare:

I was only trained to shoot little green men in the woods doing situps.

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

Somebody learned the wrong lesson from those old Magpul training outtakes where they had a target that was a nun with an AK

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
READ THE ROOM :colbert:

https://twitter.com/JATayler/status/1382730113444372481

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

:psyboom: what the gently caress kind of training is this

e: they literally took the loving shooting gallery scene from Men In Black and went "you know, Will Smith's character makes a good point" :shuckyes:

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Just a little Einsatzgruppen special

Lake of Methane
Oct 29, 2011

shame on an IGA posted:

"Toledo's identity was not made public for three days. Brown, the police superintendent, said this month that the delay was because Roman [a 21-year-old arrested at the scene of the shooting on March 29], whom he did not name, gave a false name for Toledo to police and because the boy's fingerprints did not match any database records. Ultimately, Brown said, police were able to identify Toledo by looking through resolved missing persons reports.

The boy's mother, Elizabeth Toledo, reported her son missing on March 26 but told detectives the next day that her son had returned, Brown said. When police contacted her again on March 31 to say his description matched that of an unidentified person in the morgue, she said he had left home again either late March 27 or early March 28, according to Brown."

https://www.npr.org/2021/04/15/987718420/chicago-releases-video-showing-fatal-police-shooting-of-13-year-old-adam-toledo

pygmy tyrant
Nov 25, 2005

*not a small business owner

what the gently caress

How do you even get that hosed in the head.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

Lake of Methane posted:

"Toledo's identity was not made public for three days. Brown, the police superintendent, said this month that the delay was because Roman [a 21-year-old arrested at the scene of the shooting on March 29], whom he did not name, gave a false name for Toledo to police and because the boy's fingerprints did not match any database records. Ultimately, Brown said, police were able to identify Toledo by looking through resolved missing persons reports.

The boy's mother, Elizabeth Toledo, reported her son missing on March 26 but told detectives the next day that her son had returned, Brown said. When police contacted her again on March 31 to say his description matched that of an unidentified person in the morgue, she said he had left home again either late March 27 or early March 28, according to Brown."

https://www.npr.org/2021/04/15/987718420/chicago-releases-video-showing-fatal-police-shooting-of-13-year-old-adam-toledo

That mother failed her kid. That piece of poo poo 21 year old failed that kid. The city failed that kid. And the cops failed that kid.

Jesus Christ, the mother doesn't know where her kid is in the middle of the night?

Bored As Fuck fucked around with this message at 04:23 on Apr 16, 2021

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Bored As gently caress posted:

That mother failed her kid. The city failed that kid. And the cops failed that kid.

Jesus Christ, the mother doesn't know where her kid is in the middle of the night?

Are you seriously blaming the mom right now? Get the gently caress out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

UP THE BUM NO BABY posted:

Are you seriously blaming the mom right now? Get the gently caress out

The cop is 100% at fault for what happened. Dude deserves negligent homicide at the very least.

However, if that POS 21 year old guy named Roman didn't shoot the gun with the kid, none of this would've happened. If his mother knew where he was in the middle of the night, none of this would've happened.

Those statements aren't mutually exclusive.

Edit: read it wrong. I originally read this as if she didn't know what day her son left. Rereading it, it's obvious that she meant the same night, not two different days. So it looks like the kid snuck out.

My apologies.

quote:

The boy's mother, Elizabeth Toledo, reported her son missing on March 26 but told detectives the next day that her son had returned, Brown said. When police contacted her again on March 31 to say his description matched that of an unidentified person in the morgue, she said he had left home again either late March 27 or early March 28, according to Brown.

At an April 2 news conference, member station WBEZ reported, Toledo's mother said he had four siblings ranging in age from 11 to 24. She said she had last seen him when she put him to bed the night before the shooting.

Bored As Fuck fucked around with this message at 04:31 on Apr 16, 2021