Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Josh Christ posted:

Imagine getting incensed that someone said it was hosed up to mock people bc they identify as nonbinary and defending it by saying you're trans, and not just parody satire in minecraft out of raw shame, how the gently caress do you wake up and not just as a joke satire

this isn't convincing anyone or doing anything except working yourself up. all of this energy whipped up just to post at someone in a vain attempt to try and get them to cede the point, somehow. this isn't working, please take a step back and see how this isn't really doing much of anything except walling yourself up in your own fort

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josh Christ
Dec 24, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Victory Position posted:

this isn't convincing anyone or doing anything except working yourself up. all of this energy whipped up just to post at someone in a vain attempt to try and get them to cede the point, somehow. this isn't working, please take a step back and see how this isn't really doing much of anything except walling yourself up in your own fort

At this point I'm more upset that other people think it's good behavior to do, honestly, it makes me despair that anything is ever going to get better

Ansar Santa
Jul 12, 2012

I'm glad I now know where all those specific art style avatars are coming from. Anyway, back to podcasts, who wants to form a death battalion of ideological fanatics personally loyal only to liz franczak?

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Wolfsheim posted:

I dont dislike Lindsey ellis but I can't imagine her 90+ minute canceled video is as entertaining as contrapoints 90+ minute canceled video

Looking forward to jenny Nicholson's upcoming 90+ minute canceled video when she accidentally says a slur against Albanians during a review of a Disney channel original movie about a ghost teen

Lindsay gets really loving angry in her video, it's pretty great.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
When I'm trying to be persuasive I make sure to lead in with smarmy sarcasm and then just get madder and madder until I tell trans people to kill themselves because they refuse to respect just how hard I'm crying at them. That's how I won these. [camera pans out to reveal wall full of debate club trophies and a taxidemied fox]

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

A Russian troll farm posted:

I'm glad I now know where all those specific art style avatars are coming from. Anyway, back to podcasts, who wants to form a death battalion of ideological fanatics personally loyal only to liz franczak?

Your invite to the Belden Program is on the way

THS
Sep 15, 2017

im gay

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

THS posted:

im gay

*sincerely*: that's bad.

Josh Christ
Dec 24, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

some plague rats posted:

When I'm trying to be persuasive I make sure to lead in with smarmy sarcasm and then just get madder and madder until I tell trans people to kill themselves because they refuse to respect just how hard I'm crying at them. That's how I won these. [camera pans out to reveal wall full of debate club trophies and a taxidemied fox]

I'm trans too, shithead, play the "woe is me I'm marginalized" card somewhere else.

Especially if you're going to use being trans as am excuse to not feel bad about mocking other people's identity

Josh Christ
Dec 24, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

THS posted:

im gay

Hi gay I'm mom

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Josh Christ posted:

I'm trans too, shithead, play the "woe is me I'm marginalized" card somewhere else.

Wait did we switch arguments at some point?

THS
Sep 15, 2017

this forum is half full of queer leftist autistic people and maybe the only space i feel safe making fun of the extremely tumblr brained f******

Ansar Santa
Jul 12, 2012

The only "bodies and spaces" I'm into is clearing a minefield using my own body, opening space for the elite revolutionary guard armored divisions to punch through enemy lines

Josh Christ
Dec 24, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

some plague rats posted:

Wait did we switch arguments at some point?

Yeah you just mentioned that you were trans in that post for no reason whatsoever, gently caress off

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

A Russian troll farm posted:

can we claim bitmoji avatars for that, or have they already been taken as a signifier by another group of annoying way-too-online people

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Josh Christ posted:

Yeah you just mentioned that you were trans in that post for no reason whatsoever, gently caress off

I try to act like a normal person and you're really letting the side down with this

Josh Christ
Dec 24, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

some plague rats posted:

I try to act like a normal person and you're really letting the side down with this

I'm not on your side, sorry, I don't team up with people who think it's cool and good to mock people's gender identity and then weaponize their own as a defense

Malleum
Aug 16, 2014

Am I the one at fault? What about me is wrong?
Buglord

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

can we claim bitmoji avatars for that, or have they already been taken as a signifier by another group of annoying way-too-online people

bitmoji is the realm of normie libs and the weird 3d face emoji thing snapchat has is the realm of hoteps

we must reclaim the really lovely newgrounds dressup games

Ansar Santa
Jul 12, 2012

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

I think that's taken, but I was thinking more like those japanese headbands with the writing on them, and we do cool stuff like suicide charge across minefields to clear the way for the main attack

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
More and more I like Matt Christman's suggestion that the internet should be reserved only for a special class of Mentats who can handle the brain poison and the rest of the populace should be excluded. The Mentats will produce a daily briefing on what memes are hot, the trending topics and who is and is not cancelled.

Ansar Santa
Jul 12, 2012

I agree, but the internet has been so, so good for my brain. I guess my point is that im clearly a mentat

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

AnEdgelord posted:

More and more I like Matt Christman's suggestion that the internet should be reserved only for a special class of Mentats who can handle the brain poison and the rest of the populace should be excluded. The Mentats will produce a daily briefing on what memes are hot, the trending topics and who is and is not cancelled.

this is us

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Malleum posted:

bitmoji is the realm of normie libs and the weird 3d face emoji thing snapchat has is the realm of hoteps

we must reclaim the really lovely newgrounds dressup games

Elsa Frozen Dress-Up Dental Surgery

Brain Candy
May 18, 2006

AnEdgelord posted:

these people do not exist, constant internet exposure is impossibly corrosive

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
If you want to google something you must petition the Mentats and they will provide the information to you. At no point will you be allowed to look at 'The Screen Which Brings Madness'.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

AnEdgelord posted:

If you want to google something you must petition the Mentats and they will provide the information to you. At no point will you be allowed to look at 'The Screen Which Brings Madness'.

poor Lester. he caught a glimpse of the Screen once. won't stop babbling about something called a "soyjack." poor guy. I hope he finds peace in another life.

THS
Sep 15, 2017

Brain Candy
May 18, 2006

AnEdgelord posted:

the Mentants will need little badges. when the badges turn black, they'll need to smash every electronic device they have with a hammer

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Brain Candy posted:

these people do not exist, constant internet exposure is impossibly corrosive

they should just track individual exposure and limit it yearly, like they do with those nuke plant radiation pool divers

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

we should all live together in a monastery

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Brain Candy posted:

the Mentants will need little badges. when the badges turn black, they'll need to smash every electronic device they have with a hammer

there would be so many more people beating off at the library

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Brain Candy posted:

with pleasure :toughguy:

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

exmachina posted:

Someone once posted that Lindsay posted here once upon a time. For those who don't know, she once went as "The Nostalgia Chick" but that is, I understand, one for the courts at this point.

Full disclosure: I really like her videos. Yes, most of them are about kids movies but I feel like she has good things to say.

i actually liked her old nostalgia chick videos from years back, i thought they were entertaining and she did some good stuff. but then she tried to hitch her wagon to the rose emoji breadtublr stuff and massive alcoholicism and has been kinda... well.

THS
Sep 15, 2017

Farm Frenzy posted:

on an aircraft carrier

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

Xaris posted:

i actually liked her old nostalgia chick videos from years back, i thought they were entertaining and she did some good stuff. but then she tried to hitch her wagon to the rose emoji breadtublr stuff and massive alcoholicism and has been kinda... well.

i dont think her content has really changed all that much

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Farm Frenzy posted:

stomping on grapes with my feet all day sounds very stardew valley-ish, i like this idea.

ill start the gofundme to buy a rural goon-ran monastery out in belgium. i see no problems.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Xaris posted:

massive alcoholicism

yeah, this explains something and I hope she's able to find help or a way to cope that isn't drinking to death

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Xaris posted:

How has she hitched her wagon to the rose emoji breadtublr stuff?

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Josh Christ posted:

I'm not on your side, sorry, I don't team up with people who think it's cool and good to mock people's gender identity and then weaponize their own as a defense

Yeah look me and the troll guy need to get back to planning the Franczakist League so let me state definitively that no matter how many times you restate this tired attack I'm not some anxious nerd who can be crybullied into repenting my crimes against nitwits with lovely avatars and considering how much of a loser you're acting why would I want you on my team of strong beautiful winners

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THS
Sep 15, 2017

we should all make apology videos for our posting crimes and vote on which one is best of the worst