Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uy5ds2fHX18

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

alhamdulillah they found him

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

flavor.flv posted:

alhamdulillah they found him

So wholesome :)

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Hyperlynx posted:

I have to say, as someone who was into Homestar Runner while it was still being made, and tried to get my friends into it: it has never been cool.

The trick is to just enjoy things anyway, regardless of whether other people also do!

Sounds like your friends are the not cool ones.

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I got this title for the dumbest fucking possible take on sea shanties. Specifically, I derailed the meme thread because sailors in the 18th century weren't woke enough for me, and you shouldn't sing sea shanties. In fact, don't have any fun ever.
Homestar Runner was incredibly popular at my high school. It was the biggest "cool" thing for at least a full year.

It's definitely not cool to continue to reference it constantly but my friends and I do it anyway. It's still cool, just a different kind of cool.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
My wife and I were watching the Game of Thrones episode when the dragon blasts a hole in the great ice wall thing, and she just turned around to me, paused, and said "TROGDOOORRRRR!!!"

burexas.irom
Oct 29, 2007

I disapprove of what you say, and I will defend your death because you have no right to say it!

Which reminds me, I've been unsuccessfully trying to find that ancient SA copypasta that goes something like "As a side note me and my wife often tease eachother by..."
Must be remembering a part wrong. Anyone have the SAclopedia link?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

burexas.irom posted:

Which reminds me, I've been unsuccessfully trying to find that ancient SA copypasta that goes something like "As a side note me and my wife often tease eachother by..."

My wife keeps threatening to leave me

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
They recently patched up the Strong Bad game to run on modern PCs and started selling it on Steam again. I played through the first two episodes and it certainly holds up.

Anyway.
https://twitter.com/scully1888/status/1382026655112204288?s=20

Yoshi Wins
Jul 14, 2013

At first it sounded like something a person with a terrible ear for music would make by messing around in Ableton for half an hour, and then it got much worse.

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

Yoshi Wins posted:

At first it sounded like something a person with a terrible ear for music would make by messing around in Ableton for half an hour, and then it got much worse.

It's impressive, every new track that's added makes it worse, while somehow not being completely out of tune.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Johnny Aztec posted:

SA is all I have left in life.

Weren't those the last words of Ernst Röhm?

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Lodin posted:

They recently patched up the Strong Bad game to run on modern PCs and started selling it on Steam again. I played through the first two episodes and it certainly holds up.
They were basically written by Telltale, though. SB was pretty much acting just like Guybrush or Indy or Sam or any other Lucasarts adventure game protagonist. I mean, he wrecks Homestar's life (can't remember how) but then goes about helping him? What's that nonsense? The Strong Bad I know would be more likely to pour hot sauce in Homestar's eyes than help him.

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

Holy poo poo, a cop actually showing some restraint!

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Hyperlynx posted:

They were basically written by Telltale, though. SB was pretty much acting just like Guybrush or Indy or Sam or any other Lucasarts adventure game protagonist. I mean, he wrecks Homestar's life (can't remember how) but then goes about helping him? What's that nonsense? The Strong Bad I know would be more likely to pour hot sauce in Homestar's eyes than help him.

That's the first episode where SB wants to win some race but it's too late to enter som he wrecks poo poo for HSR and disguises himself as him. Then via various forms of other cheating he easily wins. The problem now is that Homestar is wanted for public nudity, Marzipan hates him and he sucks at sports so he invades the Bad home and annoys everyone. The only solution is to help the sad piece of crap so he'll finally leave. It works very well in the worlds setting I thought.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Hyperlynx posted:

I have to say, as someone who was into Homestar Runner while it was still being made, and tried to get my friends into it: it has never been cool.

The trick is to just enjoy things anyway, regardless of whether other people also do!

Hahah, get a load of the wrong loser. Can you imagine even being so wrong and such a loser? Lol

killer crane
Dec 30, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

burexas.irom posted:

is that the "why so rumpy" one?

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

burexas.irom posted:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3746906&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=104#post456306308

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

Looks like a shrimp to me.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

It's clearly just whatever that phenomenon is that makes you notice things you weren't paying attention to before, but I've seen dozens of EVERGREEN containers around the place in the last fortnight. I assume it won't be long until I see one blocking something and get a photo for the internet.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Memento posted:

It's clearly just whatever that phenomenon is that makes you notice things you weren't paying attention to before, but I've seen dozens of EVERGREEN containers around the place in the last fortnight. I assume it won't be long until I see one blocking something and get a photo for the internet.

Frequency illusion, or Baader-Meinhof phenomenon. I think the fact that they seem to be getting stuck a lot is probably also a kind of collective confirmation bias too.

Unrelated:

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

bike tory posted:

Frequency illusion, or Baader-Meinhof phenomenon.

Unrelated:

I had heard about the legendary cone bros, but this is not what I was expecting.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/zGoHG1D.mp4
Sound on, I can’t stop laughing

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Cartoon Man posted:

Kristen wiig is a time traveler??

Dale-Taco
Feb 19, 2009

Cartoon Man posted:

These women are total sex havers.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Dale-Taco posted:

These women are total sex havers.

yeah you know someone with that kind of confidence definitely fucks

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

They do kegels for sure

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

The bigger the circle the bigger the what?

the bigger the what, Carol?

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Picnic Princess posted:

!!! Its killing me.

StupidSexyVaultGuy
Jul 26, 2003

Picnic Princess posted:

"Thinner the waist", unfortunately.

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Cartoon Man posted:

judi sheppard-misset, the founder of jazzercise. all of her videos are a hoot

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhR9f6KrK4k

77 years young and still going hard in the gym

Mr. Fall Down Terror has a new favorite as of 05:44 on Apr 17, 2021

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Lodin posted:

That's the first episode where SB wants to win some race but it's too late to enter som he wrecks poo poo for HSR and disguises himself as him. Then via various forms of other cheating he easily wins. The problem now is that Homestar is wanted for public nudity, Marzipan hates him and he sucks at sports so he invades the Bad home and annoys everyone. The only solution is to help the sad piece of crap so he'll finally leave. It works very well in the worlds setting I thought.

Yeah, I thought it was completely stupid. When SB wants people out of his house, he bodily tosses them out. He doesn't get them to dance a conga so he can put down a banana peel so they'll slip and fly out the window (which was the solution to the last puzzle).

And he never, ever helps Homestar. Not once. The formula is that he tries to harm Homestar in some way, but it either doesn't work or it does work but Homestar doesn't care. Not that it does work and he feels remorse for some reason.

Rascar Capac
Aug 31, 2016

Surprisingly nice, for an evil Inca mummy.
https://twitter.com/NickHucknall/status/1383059562308116481?s=19

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Strangely enough, not the weirdest poo poo in that show.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

That has to be a bet, I refuse to believe that someone just spontaneously sat down and decided to write a serious scene based around Elegy for Donald's Troosers.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
It’s all about slow motion, emotive facial acting, and mournful tone. The actual music is inconsequential

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day