Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Warthog
Mar 8, 2004
Ferkelwämser extraordinaire

Gazpacho posted:

if your jurisdiction has limited access to stock markets or poor investor protections that's an issue with local finance, not with the structure of the stock assets. This is like saying that that homeopathy is no worse than standard medicine because your local hospital is poorly managed (which people do say, btw)

coinbutt?

Sorry, should have mentioned I'm in Switzerland...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Warthog posted:

There are way better options available for you as well, check out something like Degiro.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
Would recommend degiro

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Warthog posted:

Is your house not a bank vault with which to store your gold?

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

Alan Smithee posted:

Is your house not a bank vault with which to store your gold?

The Swiss don’t hoard their gold at home. They hoard everybody else’s gold at home.

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood

DerekSmartymans posted:

The Swiss don’t hoard their gold at home. They hoard everybody else’s gold at home.

you're just describing capitalism.

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

buttcoin

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde

Warthog posted:

still, you're looking at a different question, "what's necessary to acquire and keep the asset" vs. "when you have it, what do you have?"

ohnobugs
Feb 22, 2003

Okay I have no loving idea what's going on with dogecoin

catspleen
Sep 12, 2003

I orphaned his children. I widowed his wife.

Musk pump?

Papa Was A Video Toaster
Jan 9, 2011

the doge is just very good, okay

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Nile Rogers is a Dogecoiner

https://twitter.com/nilerodgers/status/1382874938881761282

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

The problem with capitalism is eventually you run out of other people

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

Bitcoiners are loving furious that doge is mooning. "It's completely irrational, it has no fundamental value. It's worthless. You'll all be sorry when it crashes to 0". All their dogecoin critiques look exactly like r/buttcoin posts. No self-awareness whatsoever lmao.

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

I was a Cold War era kid. Swiss banks were the shiz on keeping wealth anonymously, but locked tight. Before American interests started issuing very vaguely worded threats to the banks of the world to give it up or face Comstar-level interdiction. The whole da Vinci code/Jason Bourne stories were believable then not now.

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009
I'm completely entertained that a shitcoin like doge is mooning. People be r* but whatever. If you're holding doge and profiting, congrats.

Somebody fucked around with this message at 18:55 on Apr 17, 2021

busalover
Sep 12, 2020

one day this will be required watching in econ 101

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

busalover posted:

one day this will be required watching in econ 101

EVERYBODY HODL!
DOO DOO DOO DOO DOO DOO DOO! CLAP YOUR BUTTS!

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽

So is guy fieri

https://twitter.com/GuyFieri/status/1382036182507343879?s=19

And slim jim

https://twitter.com/SlimJim/status/1382009355868983299?s=19

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

Well this sucks. After everything, you finally found something that'd make me give up on you.

busalover
Sep 12, 2020
Euro on the blockchain?!?

https://twitter.com/Lagarde/status/1382991097849376768

fiat pigs posted:

Crypto-assets are fundamentally different from central bank money: their prices are volatile because they lack any stable value and there is no reliable institution backing them. People using a digital euro would have the same level of confidence as with cash, since they are both backed by a central bank, which is something crypto-assets such as stablecoins cannot provide.

Meh.

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004
Oh my god lol people are losing their poo poo over doge right now, it's incredible. The impending crash is going to be hilarious. Or just watch it defy expectations and hit $1 by Sunday ahahaha

jasoneatspizza
Jul 6, 2010
My doge value just went up $2000 USD in a single day. BUTT HANDS

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
Diamond Dog hands

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
I already use digital euro. You know, the money on my account.

threelemmings
Dec 4, 2007
A jellyfish!

Alan Smithee posted:

Diamond Dog hands

I won't scatter your fiat to the heartless sea.:ocelot:

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"

Paladinus posted:

I already use digital euro. You know, the money on my account.

Yeah, this is something I just don't get. The banks are big databases that let you pay electronically, what is supposed to be the benefit of bitcoins?

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood

oh okay, so this is some kind of astro turfed corporate thing. great. sweet.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

starkebn posted:

Yeah, this is something I just don't get. The banks are big databases that let you pay electronically, what is supposed to be the benefit of bitcoins?

A sense of pride and accomplishment, much like giving EA money, you see.

InternetJunky
May 25, 2002

starkebn posted:

what is supposed to be the benefit of bitcoins?
Let's see you buy a sex slave using those big bank networks.

checkmate

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

starkebn posted:

You get in trouble if you pay for drugs with a cheque

von Vicious
Apr 2, 2015

I'M A GINGER BABY WwwWWaaAaAhhH!!!
If doge is projected to hit $10USD , $50USD, or even $100USD - why tf would you be scared to buy in at 0.40 or even 0.50 cents? THINK LONG TERM PEOPLE. The strategy now is to acquire as MANY coins as you can and sit tight. You will not only have millions, but you will have millions multiplying as the price of doge surges. Think long-term. Wishing early retirement and the abandonment of 9-5's ON ALL OF YOU!!!! The middle class is going to disappear. Half of them are going to be filthy rich, and the other half will become super poor. Where do you want to be in the next coming years? Be smart.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

That's what is going to happen, isn't it. People are going to shovel money into dogecoin, because the low cost of mining means big gains when you sell. That is stupidest possible outcome, so that is what will happen.

Lord Decimus Barnacle
Jun 25, 2005

Hell Gem
I’m not buying at 30 or 40 cents. I’ll wait until it hits a dollar and then put in my life savings only to watch it crash back down to 0.022
This is not investing advice, I am not a professional investor.

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
i don't mean to dominate the thread title/tag but ... ? maybe?

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

https://twitter.com/Reuters/status/1382954433005428737?s=20

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

ugh come on Guy :smith:

nullEntityRNG
Jun 23, 2010

Mostly pseudo-random.

The guy is passionate and nice, not particularly smart.

This kind of stuff makes me laugh though because technically speaking, hyping up a traded asset (like stock) is super illegal to prevent the pump and dump schemes... but now we've entered some sort of cultural zeitgeist similar to the area 51 thing. Like "They can't stop all of us hyping up a thing!"

Horace
Apr 17, 2007

Gone Skiin'

salt shakeup posted:

Coinbase valued at $85 billion. BTC, ETH and DOGE hit all time highs. Pretty insane.

yeah, and even the "alt coins" (bandwagon missing dumb poo poo) I've "invested in" (gambled on) were up, and I was showing a pretty decent profit. Enough that I can just cash out now, be happy I didn't completely miss out, and never think about this bullshit ever again. Decided I'd cash out the next day.

What lands in my inbox at 2am that day? why this

so if you're wanting to know when prices will crash, it is going to be about 25 seconds before my account is reactivated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Horace
Apr 17, 2007

Gone Skiin'

what is left to 'review'? they know my address, bank account no, I sent them a photo of my driving licence, passport and foreskin as requested