Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Beeswax posted:

In there interest of further dunking on Denmark I want to add that I have a Danish acquaintance with four last names, and that is too many last names.

Jens-Peter Arne Søndergaard-Jensen Kofod-Thorsen is a perfectly normal name. It people suck at throwing out names when marrying. Could be that.

Legally speaking, only the last one counts as the last name, the others are technically middle names and can be disregarded. The - turns two names into one though.

I used to be called [lastname]-Schmidt. loving pain in the rear end to write out, and since I never used Schmidt myself, I sometimes forgot it on official forms, which is apparently bad. It cost (my mom who had the same problem) 500 kroner to change it, and it was worth every øre.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Nice piece of fish posted:

Swedes have like fifteen first names and they just pick one to go with, like are you kidding?

I love having three legal first names.

Beeswax
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
It's a great thrill, and perfectly legal.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

BonHair posted:

Jens-Peter Arne Søndergaard-Jensen Kofod-Thorsen is a perfectly normal name. It people suck at throwing out names when marrying. Could be that.

Legally speaking, only the last one counts as the last name, the others are technically middle names and can be disregarded. The - turns two names into one though.

I used to be called [lastname]-Schmidt. loving pain in the rear end to write out, and since I never used Schmidt myself, I sometimes forgot it on official forms, which is apparently bad. It cost (my mom who had the same problem) 500 kroner to change it, and it was worth every øre.
Your aunt(?) was a terrible PM.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Looks like Obersturmführer Messerschmidt is going on trial. :)

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

You know what might look better on your nose?

SplitSoul posted:

Looks like Obersturmführer Messerschmidt is going on trial. :)

Did he steal more UN pens again?

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

A Buttery Pastry posted:

Your aunt(?) was a terrible PM.

Nah, if it was that I would have changed the entire thing. Also maybe put laxatives in her food or something funny like that. I did know a Messerschmidt once who was proud of her name before Morten came and tainted it

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

MiddleOne posted:

:same:

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

MiddleOne posted:

Well, try moving abroad and getting all your official documents in your first name, which might not be the name you call yourself.
There is a reason my kids have their called name first (unless they bring it upon themselves). This based on experiences from my siblings living abroad.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Already did, was a very interesting experience.

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

I remember primary school with roll call, substitute teachers would just guess of they should use the first or second name. Just give your kids two names, one first, one last. Last-name-as-middle is acceptable if it's short (because that's what I gave mine).

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

BonHair posted:

Nah, if it was that I would have changed the entire thing. Also maybe put laxatives in her food or something funny like that. I did know a Messerschmidt once who was proud of her name before Morten came and tainted it
The true burden of German last names: Some fucker will always come and ruin them.

BonHair posted:

I remember primary school with roll call, substitute teachers would just guess of they should use the first or second name. Just give your kids two names, one first, one last. Last-name-as-middle is acceptable if it's short (because that's what I gave mine).
The extra names are for if you don’t like the first one, or there are three other kids with the same one.

A Buttery Pastry fucked around with this message at 19:13 on Apr 15, 2021

Falukorv
Jun 23, 2013

A funny little mouse!
Moved to Sweden when I was six and apparently I was folkbokförd with my second name as tilltalsnamn. an oversight stemming from my first and second name being in the reverse of the most common order I’m guessing. For a long time I got used to listening for my second name during roll calls/blood donations etc until I wrote to Skatteverket to change it and got fixed immediately. So now I get called out by my first name but it’s a more difficult name to pronounce, having my second name was easier.

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

We got crabs? We got crabs!

MiddleOne posted:

I got three but most of my siblings only have two. Sucks to be them.

Real story: my mom just simply couldn’t decide, picked all her top choices.

And yes, it makes things likr foreign forms for visas, which need to match your passport, a bitch. But less so than for those latin cultures with sixteen names.

Potrzebie
Apr 6, 2010

I may not know what I'm talking about, but I sure love cops! ^^ Boy, but that boot is just yummy!
Lipstick Apathy

lilljonas posted:

And yes, it makes things likr foreign forms for visas, which need to match your passport, a bitch. But less so than for those latin cultures with sixteen names.

When I was a student I worked for the student union administrating student IDs. For an embarrasingly long time I could not understand why so many medical doctors from Pakistan wanted to study some random bullshit in Stockholm, until I was clued in that among the many long names they had, most had a version of the Prophet's in there and though it was of importance. But due to the 26 or so letter limitation of the card chose to abbreviate it to Md.

Potrzebie fucked around with this message at 08:42 on Apr 16, 2021

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Støre is against decriminalization. So, as previously indicated this might be it for the reform, Aps committee or however you call them, also vote against endorsing the reform, with the youth wing (AUF) and Oslo and Vestland delegations dissenting. 13 to 4.

It does bear mentioning that drug abuse in Norway is sort of an interesting, IMO at least. Because while we have generally low rates of drug use in general, even stuff like cannabis, compared to almost any other European countries and contrary to sensationalist news articlers, we've had a serious problem with high rates of hard drug abuse, especially intravenous heroin (with pretty dire consequences for the number of drug overdoses), for decades now.
It's a social ill that I feel often seems to disappear whenever foreigners describe or analyze our country, and that we ourselves sometimes seem to want to ignore, despite it very much being a part of our cultural consciousness and being the subject of some of the better literature and music and such that's been produced here in those past decades, it's almost like "the heroin addict" feels like an authentically Norwegian archetype.

It's also a social ill that I'm not sure has been very satisfyingly explained or treated, though it does seem like modern policies are more humane and accepting that previously, you also often see attempts to "fix" a city or town's drug addict problem by just putting in the police and chasing them away from the more visible spots where they congregate, which also happens to result in property prices rising (something I ended up benefitting from personally).

Mr. Sickos
May 22, 2011

Liberals love to add incomprehensible bureaucratic clauses on every legislation, so naturally Støre rejects the drug reform and claims it's not means tested enough. Only those truly, truly suffering should be allowed to benefit!

Baudolino
Apr 1, 2010

THUNDERDOME LOSER
So if AP has their way if youths are going to use they migth as well go all in on the heavy stuff and get your get out jail free card. Big brain thinking that.

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

the process around the drug reform stuff has been really extremely unconvincing, to the point where i almost feel as though it's deliberate despite that not seeming to make much sense in the present context. add in some unfortunate details about transferring tasks without transferring funds and you've got a broken consensus, which in the present moment will tend to go against the urban, educated interest since there's a perception that there's more competition for those votes

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

Let's put a simile on that face
A dazzling simile
Twinkling like the night sky

Dat Denmark :swoon:

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

At least Greenland's got our back, but where's, uh, most things on this wretched thing?

And Paraguay's spelled weird.

E:

Nigeria, too.

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010
I see they didn't want to take any chances with the Panama Canal after what happened in Suez

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Hey Sweden finally started vaccinating 60+ aged people. At this rate we will be down to 50+ people before we need to use all the vaccine on giving the 80+ people their 6 month booster.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

The unceasing Naser Khader dogpiling is endlessly entertaining. Evidently he responded to a mail from a voter with the words, "Go gently caress a goat". :munch:

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

SplitSoul posted:

The unceasing Naser Khader dogpiling is endlessly entertaining. Evidently he responded to a mail from a voter with the words, "Go gently caress a goat". :munch:

Didn't he just take a break due to stress?

Maybe if he didn't try to verbally murder anyone talking to him...

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

THE BAR posted:

Didn't he just take a break due to stress?

Maybe if he didn't try to verbally murder anyone talking to him...

Yeah, "stress". It was back in 2016, though, so Pape has some explaining to do.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Was 2016 the year he spent like months harassing his ex trying to get her canceled? Or am I thinking of someone else? The lady with the coffee chat show.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

All the EU:s fumbled messaging on Astra Zeneca is starting to have effect. A small but not insignificant chunk of swedish vaccine appointees cancel or leave when they find out that they're getting it instead of one of the others.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

Was 2016 the year he spent like months harassing his ex trying to get her canceled? Or am I thinking of someone else? The lady with the coffee chat show.

Do you mean Sherin Khankan, whom he threatened with distributing "compromising" photos from their relationship? It's really incredible that he hasn't been thrown under the bus before now, but it must've been convenient timing for somebody. The fact that he's tried to get people fired has been known for years. He also pestered Bertel Haarder about defunding documentarist Manyar Parwani because of a personal spat. Dude has §77 and the word "democracy" etched in his flesh. :lmao:

Edit: My personal favourite anecdote was how he blocked a man with a large beard, turban and the surname Singh for being "an islamist".

SplitSoul fucked around with this message at 20:35 on Apr 17, 2021

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!

MiddleOne posted:

All the EU:s fumbled messaging on Astra Zeneca is starting to have effect. A small but not insignificant chunk of swedish vaccine appointees cancel or leave when they find out that they're getting it instead of one of the others.

My mom has a scheduled first dose on Friday. I’ll drag her there through the hair if I have to (I won’t have to, but goddamn these scary headlines can spell doom for a lot of people).

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

BonHair posted:

I remember primary school with roll call, substitute teachers would just guess of they should use the first or second name.
The gently caress? Called name first, problem solved.

lilljonas posted:

Real story: my mom just simply couldn’t decide, picked all her top choices.
lmao same. Only time my second/third names came up were when I was deep doodoo, and later on for very official business.

Groke
Jul 27, 2007
New Adventures In Mom Strength

evil_bunnY posted:

lmao same. Only time my second/third names came up were when I was deep doodoo,

That's like 99% of the point of having multiple first names. Preferably selected to have a nice heavy cadence so as to properly convey the parental annoyance.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

If I didn't have second thought about the vaccine before I certainly do now!

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

That's like the first reasonable thing Tegnell's done, but of course he's blown through any goodwill he ever held so welp.

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

evil_bunnY posted:

That's like the first reasonable thing Tegnell's done, but of course he's blown through any goodwill he ever held so welp.

I thought Swedes loved the guy.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
I think about the tegnell tattoo way more than I ought to. I wonder how that dude feels now. probably won’t be feeling a vax needle any time soon.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

teen witch posted:

I think about the tegnell tattoo way more than I ought to. I wonder how that dude feels now. probably won’t be feeling a vax needle any time soon.

He could always claim it's Carl Bildt if he wants to hang with the cool kids.

TheFluff
Dec 13, 2006

FRIENDS, LISTEN TO ME
I AM A SEAGULL
OF WEALTH AND TASTE

Katt posted:

Hey Sweden finally started vaccinating 60+ aged people. At this rate we will be down to 50+ people before we need to use all the vaccine on giving the 80+ people their 6 month booster.

:jerkbag:

Total number of doses delivered to Sweden before April 5th was 2.3 million (from all manufacturers, to the entire country). In the last two (2) weeks alone, we've gotten another 950 000 and there's another million scheduled for the coming two weeks. Then there's a further 3 million doses planned for May and 4 million for June. "At this rate", lmao. Stockholm is planning to start vaccinating everyone above 18 by mid-May (preliminarily).

https://www.folkhalsomyndigheten.se/smittskydd-beredskap/utbrott/aktuella-utbrott/covid-19/statistik-och-analyser/leveranser-av-vaccin/

TheFluff fucked around with this message at 21:01 on Apr 19, 2021

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

TheFluff posted:

Total number of doses delivered to Sweden before April 5th was 2.3 million (from all manufacturers, to the entire country). In the last two (2) weeks alone, we've gotten another 950 000 and there's another million scheduled for the coming two weeks. Then there's a further 3 million doses planned for May and 4 million for June. "At this rate", lmao. Stockholm is planning to start vaccinating everyone above 18 by mid-May (preliminarily).

https://www.folkhalsomyndigheten.se/smittskydd-beredskap/utbrott/aktuella-utbrott/covid-19/statistik-och-analyser/leveranser-av-vaccin/

I think I said this earlier, but the question has never been about whether or not we're getting our vaccines. The EU deals have secured an absurdly large production capacity even for the EU:s 446 million population, there's more coming than we could ever use. So it's really only a matter of how quickly we will find ourselves drowning in them.

This is why all the posturing about securing new deals a month ago were utterly ridiculous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

TheFluff posted:

Total number of doses delivered to Sweden before April 5th was 2.3 million

So that's like 10% of the country fully vaccinated. Or 20% half vaccinated.

TheFluff posted:

In the last two (2) weeks alone, we've gotten another 950 000 and there's another million scheduled for the coming two weeks.

Okay so by mid year 20% of the country will be fully vaccinated then. My initial prediction might have been optimistic.