Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

SG Bamboo posted:

MSM cosplaying Sakisama

:crossarms:

Please tell me the opponent got confused as to which was the real 9 foot tall woman.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Everything about the TJPW "Go Girl" show was loving adorable. From the no makeup match to Mei Sakisama to Shoko taunting Haruna Neko with a mouse on a string. Just an awesome show.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Jerusalem posted:

:crossarms:

Please tell me the opponent got confused as to which was the real 9 foot tall woman.

Suspicions were raised when she was mysteriously far too short for the boot choke in the corner

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

https://twitter.com/DDTFOODS/status/1380860712994500616

I'd be too shy to say anything but one of you should go say hi.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Fukigen DEATH is hilarious because Kaori Yoneyama loving rules

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/tjpw2013/status/1381065560998309890

Should someone make a thread for That's J-PW?

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Curse their oily hides for once again catering to an EST audience :argh:

Some of us have to work in the middle of the day on a Monday

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Pylons posted:

Hell yeah space rangers vs Strong Blue & Pink.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Pylons posted:

I love it when TJPW books a match especially for me, and I guess I can get around to making a That's J-PW thread in like 13 or 14 hours if someone wants to beat me to the punch.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

DDT and TJPW launching a Big Cartel store for international customers so you can get merch more easily.

https://twitter.com/ddtpro/status/1381141734638280705

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

https://twitter.com/EvilUno/status/1382343702543224832

Finally the pecking order has been established.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Where does Silver rank? :thunkher:

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Rarity posted:

Where does Silver rank? :thunkher:

Silver is a Hunk

Different scale altogether.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Unfortunately Wardlow has the hunk division all locked up

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Someone sell me on Rika Tatsumi.

I was watching the trios match in the main event of the latest TJPW show, and noted how much character was imbued in the wrestlers in the ring. Itoh-chan the crazy idol, Miyu the super cool deadly striker, Kamiyu the beautiful bullying mean girl, Miu the super strong super positive idol. Nao the rat chaser, doing whatever she can for that shot at the International Princess title.

And then Rika, who was also there.

She's talented, she had very good matches getting to the title, and had very good matches as champion. I just don't feel a connection to her. So what am I missing?

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Lamuella posted:

Someone sell me on Rika Tatsumi.

I was watching the trios match in the main event of the latest TJPW show, and noted how much character was imbued in the wrestlers in the ring. Itoh-chan the crazy idol, Miyu the super cool deadly striker, Kamiyu the beautiful bullying mean girl, Miu the super strong super positive idol. Nao the rat chaser, doing whatever she can for that shot at the International Princess title.

And then Rika, who was also there.

She's talented, she had very good matches getting to the title, and had very good matches as champion. I just don't feel a connection to her. So what am I missing?
She's just wholesome and a good wrestler. That's all there is to her, she's the only normal girl in the promotion.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

RealFoxy posted:

She's just wholesome and a good wrestler. That's all there is to her, she's the only normal girl in the promotion.

Thanks, that contextualises her nicely. Even though I don't watch TJPW for "normal", I can now understand her as the non-weirdo in the sea of bees and clowns and space rangers.

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON
People's fondness for Rika is usually directly proportional to how long they've followed TJPW. She's always been a perfectly capable wrestler, but she usually plays a more subtle (for TJPW) role in other wrestlers' storylines instead of having a big easily identifiable one of her own. She played a big part in Hyper Misao's NEO Biishikigun storyline, for example, first as an obstacle to Misao becoming a "real" wrestler, then as the one most invested in rescuing Misao after realizing she was her friend. Over the years, she's lost a popular tag team when her partner retired (for IRL health reasons), had her romantic advances spurned by Mizuki, and helped Miu Watanabe become the first Up Up Girl to hold a title, transitioning from plucky underdog to legitimate threat all the while. A lot of her appeal comes from that history and her personalty rather than her gimmick.

Other reasons I personally like her include being best friends with Miyako Matsumoto and naming her photobook after a Number Girl song.

I think Mizuki is kind of similar, at least as far as the western fanbase goes. Since she doesn't have a character that pops on Twitter, it's easy to miss that she's easily the most over member of the roster domestically.

Johnny Landmine fucked around with this message at 10:00 on Apr 16, 2021

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Johnny Landmine posted:

People's fondness for Rika is usually directly proportional to how long they've followed TJPW. She's always been a perfectly capable wrestler, but she usually plays a more subtle (for TJPW) role in other wrestlers' storylines instead of having a big easily identifiable one of her own. She played a big part in Hyper Misao's NEO Biishikigun storyline, for example, first as an obstacle to Misao becoming a "real" wrestler, then as the one most invested in rescuing Misao after realizing she was her friend. Over the years, she's lost a popular tag team when her partner retired (for IRL health reasons), had her romantic advances spurned by Mizuki, and helped Miu Watanabe become the first Up Up Girl to hold a title, transitioning from plucky underdog to legitimate threat all the while. A lot of her appeal comes from that history and her personalty rather than her gimmick.

Other reasons I personally like her include being best friends with Miyako Matsumoto and naming her photobook after a Number Girl song.

I think Mizuki is kind of similar, at least as far as the western fanbase goes. Since she doesn't have a character that pops on Twitter, it's easy to miss that she's easily the most over member of the roster domestically.
Mizuki is a louder, brattier Riho which makes her stand out a lot more than Rika. Rika is everyone's friend and even when she took the title from Yuka Sakazaki, she didn't want to take the spotlight off her friends, she's like TJPW's Dean Malenko.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

i am not looking forward to the takes when Rika wins tomorrow

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

ItohRespectArmy posted:

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Rika's just holding onto the belt until Haruna can claim it, along with Nao's victory it'll be cat supremacy for TJP

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

ItohRespectArmy posted:

I love reading bad takes.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

I'm fine with either Rika or Maki winning but I'll be (good) mad if THE loving FRENCH win.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Happy with whoever wins because everyone is good, but I want Mei Saint Michel to bring the belts to the ring on a silver tray.

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

Her style is new but the face is the same as it was so long ago...
Rika might seem normal but so much of Daydream's tag offense was wild "partner as weapon" stuff, including the involuntary participation of anybody on their side during trios or 4-woman tags. Her going apeshit for that stuff was when I started to become a fan of hers.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Rika is cool because she does a cool jump in her entrance

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Rika is bad because Daydream's theme is hers and not the Miu rap.

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル
Rika's cool things:

1: She's the WHITE DRAGON~!
2: Has, I cite, "a diamond butt".
3: Is extremely gay for Mizuki.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

You, the philistine: The perfect image does not exist.
Me, the educated goon of the world:

https://twitter.com/miyu_tjp/status/1383197021465505798

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

Numero6 posted:

2: Has, I cite, "a diamond butt".

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

I can't see to find it on youtube but the hype video for Rika vs Miyu sold me on Rika as she cut her hair to show her determination for wanting a title match.

John Dudebro
Dec 3, 2013

has the diamond butt ever collided with itoh's diamond skull, and if so, were there any survivors

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

John Dudebro posted:

has the diamond butt ever collided with itoh's diamond skull, and if so, were there any survivors

There's a non-zero chance of that happening tonight when they battle for the Princess Of Princess title.

EDIT: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M6BTAkKhssE&t=144s this MV has footage of a previous collision (2:24 into the video if it doesn't auto-play)

J-Ro fucked around with this message at 03:08 on Apr 17, 2021

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

Her style is new but the face is the same as it was so long ago...
That was part of the build when Itoh & Raku were challenging Daydream for the tag belts; I can't remember if there was a decisive victor in that particular respect. Tonight it's for all the marbles, no tag partners to muddy the waters.

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

I doubt it has happened yet, but she definitely needs to have an intergender match against Taguchi, mainly because I want to see Taguchi sell shock that someone else uses their rear end in a more effective way than he ever did.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Please help me spread the good word of Maki Itoh

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Wait have you always been a mod?

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

grey star means IK

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
BYOB makes a random poster IK each month, I got it for April and am using my powers for good :hai: