Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
poll
This poll is closed.
answer 1 9 8.33%
answer 2 15 13.89%
answer 3 48 44.44%
answer 4 36 33.33%
Total: 108 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

gently caress Mother 3, just confirm the drat Great Ace Attorney localisation already.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

https://twitter.com/lesbuny/status/1382512168260698114?s=21

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Forums still down?

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Jay Rust posted:

Forums still down?

yeah :rip:

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Posting from beyond the grave

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Big Hat Logan is an honorary witch

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Harrow posted:

I'm sure there are myriad legal reasons why Nintendo can't actually do this but I wish they'd just pay the fan translators who released an excellent Mother 3 fan translation a decade ago to just use their already-complete translation

i think officially sanctioning a fan project is a road nintendo probably doesn’t want to go down. if they come out and say “these fans did such a good job that we’re turning their work into an official product” then they’ll be inundated with correspondence from everyone who thinks their big titty samus romhack is good enough to be metroid 5

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Nintendo is more likely to withdraw previous acknowledgment of fan communities, like they've done with Smash

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

It looks like Square-Enix is quietly removing all of their PS3 games from PSN. I tried to get Drakengard 3 this morning, but it's gone now.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I said come in! posted:

It looks like Square-Enix is quietly removing all of their PS3 games from PSN. I tried to get Drakengard 3 this morning, but it's gone now.

I wonder if the DLC is still up for people with physical copies.

Probably not. That's incredibly lame and seems kind of dumb.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Acerbatus posted:

I wonder if the DLC is still up for people with physical copies.

Probably not. That's incredibly lame and seems kind of dumb.

Yes actually, the DLC is still available, so this is very frustrating.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Nintendo is more likely to withdraw previous acknowledgment of fan communities, like they've done with Smash

To be fair, the less anyone acknowledges the smash community the better

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

A number of things are being delisted from the Vita store as well. You can no purchase the Danganronpa series for instance.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

bovis posted:

God help me I'm going to seriously make an effort to learn Japanese
what's your strats, I can barely read but I have Opinions about language learning

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

CubeTheory posted:

I've been saying this!!!
time for the games chat thread culdcept tournament. get your decks ready Ceptors

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Coldcut tournament? Prosciutto all the way

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

I don't understand culdcept. It's a deckbuilder type thing maybe?

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Culdcept owns...

Edit: it's like monopoly except instead of charging rent for hotels a monster attacks you

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I think I've figured Okami out, it's the Song of Storms timeloop but the entire game. Shiranui in the past is Ammy in the future and Ikayun is just Issun and that's how they knew to save my life and we're going to end up dying in front of our old self and it's going to be really sad. Very relieved Oki stayed good though :unsmith:

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]

Walla posted:

It's Deckbuilder Fortune Street.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Walla posted:

it's like monopoly (by way of fortune street since some of the mechanics are straight itadakis), but also magic the gathering, and instead of building hotels you summon monsters to defend your lands

xedo
Nov 7, 2011

I said come in! posted:

Well... darn. I don't have access to my Ps3 and won't until June. That was on my list to grab. This is so frustrating.

I had thought I would be able to get most of the games I wanted after all but... I guess not?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

xedo posted:

Well... darn. I don't have access to my Ps3 and won't until June. That was on my list to grab. This is so frustrating.

I had thought I would be able to get most of the games I wanted after all but... I guess not?

Okay I need to backpedal on my original statement, I got it to work. What is going on is that there is a glitch where the add to cart button is missing. It's invisible, when you go to the game page, just hit the X button and it'll automatically add the game to your cart. I was able to purchase Drakengard 3, its $15 now. You're good still, I am glad I discovered this.

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
My sore throat is gone but my sinuses are still running, I have stomach cramps and I feel crappy :(

My temperature isn't high, it's actually LOW, it's been 97.5 both times i checked it

What weird disease do I have :ohdear:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

That sounds like it might just be allergies, or an injection of some kind.

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

I said come in! posted:

That sounds like it might just be allergies, or an injection of some kind.

I get allergies a lot but they never make me feel this bad

I guess it really is a sinus infection :(

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Update your vaccine chip drivers

xedo
Nov 7, 2011

I said come in! posted:

Okay I need to backpedal on my original statement, I got it to work. What is going on is that there is a glitch where the add to cart button is missing. It's invisible, when you go to the game page, just hit the X button and it'll automatically add the game to your cart. I was able to purchase Drakengard 3, its $15 now. You're good still, I am glad I discovered this.

Oh, phew. Gonna be a real relief when I can finally sit my rear end down in front of my ps3 and make these purchases. Really obnoxious of them to shut down the PC storefront BEFORE they made a final announcement about all this. Glad you were able to get your copy!

In other gaming news, I fired up 13 Sentinels last night and yes, yes, this game is definitely my catnip.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

can confirm that act 2 of world's end club does have a branching decision. and the world map also functions as a flowchart

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
anyone compiled a good list of stuff that might be worth getting/hard to get once the ps3 store dies?

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
Video game adjacent, while laying here feeling like garbage I've been binge watching this show called Infinity Train that's incredibly good and has Ellie from TLOU as the main character in the first two seasons. I'm surprised I never heard of it before

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

P4G: Did I screw myself out of Kanji's S Link? It's the beginning of summer vacation and I haven't hung out with him once. Though when asked who I wanted to see in a swimsuit I picked him because he is the only morally correct choice. Also Rise is in love and wants you to know it. Also also, most of my S Links are around 5 now except for Temperance and Teddie so maybe I'm moving too slow?

homeless snail posted:

it's like monopoly (by way of fortune street since some of the mechanics are straight itadakis), but also magic the gathering, and instead of building hotels you summon monsters to defend your lands
That totally doesn't sound like my thing.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Also also also, All 3 of the girls are best girls. I can find no flaw in Yukiko, Chie or Rise. Kanji is the only best boy by not being a pervert and/or bigot.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

You have to go talk to him in the practice building when school starts again to start his link

xedo
Nov 7, 2011

Relax Or DIE posted:

anyone compiled a good list of stuff that might be worth getting/hard to get once the ps3 store dies?

A GOOD list? No. But at the very least get yourself Tokyo Jungle!
Maybe also:
Rain
Puppeteer
Suikoden 1-4
Persona 2, 3 FES if you like Persona
Tales of Graces, Xillia, Xillia 2, and Symphonia Chronicles if you like Tales
MGS4. And the MGS HD collection.
Mega Man Legends 1, 2, Tron Bonne.
Drakengard 3 if you like pain.
I'm not sure to what degree the Infamous, Sly, Killzone, and Ratchet & Clank games are available outside PS3.

If you want a comprehensive list check out https://www.reddit.com/r/PS3/comments/6ym1li/ps3_exclusivesnonpc_multiplatform_games_list/. Too much to point out, but look for the sections on PS3 Exclusives Not Remastered for PS4, Ps3 digital exclusives, and maybe the 7th gen games that haven't been ported forward (SOME of which will only be available on backwards compatible xbox). That page doesn't even address the ps1 and ps2 classics, most of which are about to become very very hard to find and super expensive.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Is Drakengard 3 even worth owning? I thought that was the weird bad one?

xedo
Nov 7, 2011

stev posted:

Is Drakengard 3 even worth owning? I thought that was the weird bad one?

All the drakengard games are weird and bad, and 3 is legit pain. But if you want it, best get it now when it's $15 cause the physical has already jumped from 30 to 80.

A lot of things I would recommend to people that are trapped on the PS3, and trapped there because they're interesting but too flawed or niche for a port. Drakengard 3 is more flawed but still interesting.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
drakengard 2 is the one that doesn't have any involvement from yoko taro and so is pretty tepid from a writing standpoint

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

haveblue posted:

Posting from beyond the grave

Getting probated for thread necromancy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

xedo posted:

All the drakengard games are weird and bad, and 3 is legit pain. But if you want it, best get it now when it's $15 cause the physical has already jumped from 30 to 80.

A lot of things I would recommend to people that are trapped on the PS3, and trapped there because they're interesting but too flawed or niche for a port. Drakengard 3 is more flawed but still interesting.

Is the Nier series any better gameplay wise?