Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
My favorite part is the guy who hit on a bunch of his subordinates and then after they started distancing themselves sent them texts flatout saying "Hey I only hit on you a little, gotta give me credit for not being as bad as Mickey" which is funny because the Mets' whole defense of why they never fired Callaway is because they claimed "nobody knew" about his behavior. :mets:

Also Darude you left out the far more damning Alderson quote:

quote:

“Let me try to make a point as strongly as I can, OK? Not every instance involving men, women in the workplace is a capital offense, OK? Every time something happens, it doesn’t mean somebody has to be fired,” Alderson said. “There are a lot of intermediate steps that can be taken and we’ve done that in a variety of different cases. And have included capital punishment as a consequence in some cases, but not every case rises to the level of execution. And that’s what honestly I think is happening with these articles (in The Athletic). People are getting executed, including women, by the way, for reasons that are unjustifiable.”

:fuckoff::fuckoff::fuckoff:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Also just a general life lesson to take away: HR is not your friend. They do not care about you, they are not there to help you, they are not there to make you feel better. HR exists to protect the business from legal liability and PR damage. 99 times out of 100 they are more interested in the fastest possible way to get you to shut up and sweep an incident under the rug rather than actually confronting workplace issues. Particularly if said workplace issues are being perpetrated by somebody even remotely high up.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Mets/Rox postponed due to snow

https://twitter.com/jflan816/status/1382896280335220741

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

Just wanted to say that anyone that defended Sandy Alderson in these threads the last few months, well he's a poo poo just like I said. He clearly doesn't give a drat about sexual harrassment in the Mets front office, only the press about it. This article is all kinds of hosed up

Yeah, it's awful.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

Considering he just re-hired someone that he was confronted about, this is all kinds of gross and he can gently caress off forever.

And yeah, co-signed.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

The Mets have played 8 games this season. They've had 7 games postponed/suspended (3 for Covid, 4 for weather). One of the games they played was a makeup game.

They're gonna get to the ASB with like 60 games played.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

https://twitter.com/TDISportsClips/status/1382910728538034178?s=20

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.

also just coming in to post this, it is crucial that we remember such important dates in the history of both a sport and city

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

I think I have a false memory of watching that game live, but I probably only saw the replay because I was living in Minneapolis at the time and obviously didn't have NESN. Just an absolutely wonderful bit of history. Deserves a documentary short and/or oral history.

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

The "Pepsi Fan of the Game" frame just breaks me every time

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

more falafel please posted:

The "Pepsi Fan of the Game" frame just breaks me every time

The super slow mo with his doofus friend spilling his beer always cracks me up before the pizza even comes flying in.

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

Which teams have hit the 85% vaccinated mark? I’ve only seen announcements from the Cardinals, Angels, and maybe the Mets?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

this can't be the highest quality recording of the pizza incident

it even says HD in the corner ffs

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

bees x1000 posted:

Which teams have hit the 85% vaccinated mark? I’ve only seen announcements from the Cardinals, Angels, and maybe the Mets?

Hoyer came out yesterday and said that while he hoped the Cubs would be at 85% quickly, "there are a lot of different perspectives among the players" that may delay reaching that target.

Just one more reason to hate this loving team. :suicide:

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Sydin posted:

Hoyer came out yesterday and said that while he hoped the Cubs would be at 85% quickly, "there are a lot of different perspectives among the players" that may delay reaching that target.

lmao the team is currently riddled with coronavirus

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/mlb_cc/status/1382901363747786754

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

https://twitter.com/PavlovicNBCS/status/1383110758741934080

This will just be for a few days, and dude is super young. But he throws 100 mph from a sidearm-ish delivery, which is intriguing to say the least.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Sydin posted:

"there are a lot of different perspectives among the players"

:vincefrog:

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

Too late

https://twitter.com/mlb_cc/status/1382536090276495361

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

I was at this game. I didn't know about the pizza incident until I went home and read the thread.

humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

Noblest of all dogs is the hot-dog; it feeds the hand that bites it.

bees x1000 posted:

The Yankees have. They made a big deal about it and Urshela ended up missing a game due to side effects.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Dodgers' crimes.xls made me think of Kevin Maitan, who was going to be a top-notch prospect and was stripped from Atlanta in the Coppollela mess.

Before covid, Maitan never got above A-ball for the Angels. He didn't exactly tear up the Venezuelan Winter League last year, either.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Today should be a state holiday in MA.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
Wow the Ms have a 5-2 road trip and suddenly they're 1st in the West? What happened to the Astros and Angels?

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.

RC and Moon Pie posted:

Dodgers' crimes.xls made me think of Kevin Maitan, who was going to be a top-notch prospect and was stripped from Atlanta in the Coppollela mess.

Before covid, Maitan never got above A-ball for the Angels. He didn't exactly tear up the Venezuelan Winter League last year, either.

Penalties don't even expire till next year, either.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

They were calling that dude the next Miguel Cabrera when he was 15 years old LMAO

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Some Numbers posted:

Wow the Ms have a 5-2 road trip and suddenly they're 1st in the West? What happened to the Astros and Angels?

The Astros got swept at home by the Tigers lol

Their pitching over the last five games has been atrocious

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

Some Numbers posted:

The entire Astros lineup is on the Covid IL.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Popete posted:

The entire Astros lineup is on the Covid IL.

That's only been for one game though (so far)

In their current losing streak they've given up 6, 7, 6, 8 and 6 runs. It's been the pitching that's been the problem (they haven't been scoring either to be fair)

Also the M's get to face the covid ravaged Astros so the lead over them should widen

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Intruder posted:

That's only been for one game though (so far)

In their current losing streak they've given up 6, 7, 6, 8 and 6 runs. It's been the pitching that's been the problem (they haven't been scoring either to be fair)

Also the M's get to face the covid ravaged Astros so the lead over them should widen

I'm honestly okay with this.

We'll need the wins for when the Dodgers come into town next week.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

The Astros were so hot against the A's to start the season that they still have by far the best run differential in the west and also the only positive run differential in the west

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Oh god the Dodgers are 11-2?!

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
The Ms actually have an opportunity to make some headway against a vulnerable opponent so you know they'll take advantage of that chance by getting absolutely bludgeoned

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

bees x1000 posted:

14 teams have but I don't know which.

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

Sydin posted:

Some of the Cubs don’t want to get the vaccine because Trump told them they didn’t need to.
On the other hand, some of the Cubs don’t because Biden told them they did.

Lots of different perspectives. Very complicated issue.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
wonder what will be the next catastrophe that causes the Mets to have a game postponed

since they're in CO a supermassive volcanic eruption in Yellowstone seems plausible

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

The Mets are playing a cubs team that is in the middle of a covid outbreak after the weekend.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

habeasdorkus posted:

I think I have a false memory of watching that game live, but I probably only saw the replay because I was living in Minneapolis at the time and obviously didn't have NESN. Just an absolutely wonderful bit of history. Deserves a documentary short and/or oral history.

it wasn't quite an Oral history, but MLB did publish a long piece on the toss that interviewed the guy who chucked the pizza back in March.

Hand Row
May 28, 2001
Why was pizza thrower mad he has a pats coat on? Or is he a pats angels fan?

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

Poque posted:

14 teams have but I don't know which.

That's a lot more than I expected. Low bar but pretty neat anyways.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Jose Oquendo posted:

Today should be a state holiday in MA.

:golfclap: