Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eyre Kneed
Jul 1, 2008

Maxwell Adams posted:

Here's the new OP song. I can't wait to see how many visual spoilers they jam in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHcy8OHcnrk

A LOOOOT. Some only source material readers will pick up, but the biggest of red herrings were squashed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Super Jay Mann posted:

I guess she still identifies as a human after all this but Kumoko is pretty cavalier about the whole "I'm going to eat my entire family for dinner" deal. Although to be fair it's not like actual insects/arachnids care about that sort of thing either.

Well, it's not the first time she ate kin. In fact, wasn't that dead spider the first thing she ate, period?

Bremen
Jul 20, 2006

Our God..... is an awesome God
She's been in the labyrinth a long time, I'm sure at this point it's just her default response to eat whatever she kills.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

dat booty

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Bremen posted:

She's been in the labyrinth a long time, I'm sure at this point it's just her default response to eat whatever she kills.

Yeah she's been in an intense survival situation since the moment she was born; she has never had the luxury of wasting any potential food.

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
Elven Chief Potty Mouth

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

My focus is UNPARALLELED!

twerking so hard she cloned herself

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

x1o posted:

twerking so hard she cloned herself

The funny thing is larger spiders like tarantulas actually do dance like that.

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

:same:

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

Some choice moments from the OP/ED.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Holy poo poo when does the full ED come out? I love it so much.

Captain_duck
Dec 3, 2005

I swear nice bushes!
It's not kumoko but thread title related: "I've Been Killing Slimes for 300 Years and Maxed Out My Level" has its first episode out, and Aoi Yuuki voices the protagonist there to. First episode was ok.

So thats 2 series this season where Aoi Yuuki voices the protagonist. On top of that she is also froggirl in my hero academia which is in its 5th season. There might be more to.

Doodles
Apr 14, 2001

Captain_duck posted:

So thats 2 series this season where Aoi Yuuki voices the protagonist. On top of that she is also froggirl in my hero academia which is in its 5th season. There might be more to.

Oh, there's SO much more...

It's Aoi Yuki's world. We're just living in it.

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S
A full version of the OP went up:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDhY1lpLhu4

Also, someone pointed out to me that the new ED is Kumoko running through a Guitar Hero track.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

The ED might as well be just one of Hibiki's songs from Symphogear, it's perfect. :golfclap:

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Maxwell Adams posted:

A full version of the OP went up:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDhY1lpLhu4

Also, someone pointed out to me that the new ED is Kumoko running through a Guitar Hero track.

It's reverse Guitar Hero, she's avoiding the marks.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

Lurking Haro posted:

It's reverse Guitar Hero, she's avoiding the marks.

Which is also weirdly similar to Undertale's mechanics :D

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

Raenir Salazar posted:

Which is also weirdly similar to Undertale's mechanics :D

Also Audiosurf
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D484fIKWqvg

Tamba fucked around with this message at 10:48 on Apr 11, 2021

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Captain_duck posted:

It's not kumoko but thread title related: "I've Been Killing Slimes for 300 Years and Maxed Out My Level" has its first episode out, and Aoi Yuuki voices the protagonist there to. First episode was ok.

Just watched this and I laughed way too much at her house getting wrecked. She just can't escape it.

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S
We've got fansubs for the new OP and ED.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XM6F3sjzKCc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4mRzO45HEsQ

The ED is even better when you know what she's saying.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

ED 1: Lv.1 Baby Spider
ED 2: Lv. 100 Spider Boss

Weed Wolf
Jul 30, 2004

Captain_duck posted:

There's a pretty valid fan speculation that she'll be voicing one of the "new" characters in The Best Puppet Show, Thunderbolt Fantasy, since they haven't announced the voice casting for that particular character yet, and said character has a good deal in common with the sword that Aoi Yuuki previously voiced.

Captain_duck
Dec 3, 2005

I swear nice bushes!

Weed Wolf posted:

There's a pretty valid fan speculation that she'll be voicing one of the "new" characters in The Best Puppet Show, Thunderbolt Fantasy, since they haven't announced the voice casting for that particular character yet, and said character has a good deal in common with the sword that Aoi Yuuki previously voiced.

Aoi Yuuki Sword was great in season 2.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Reddit was saying this week's episode is going to air in Japan later in the day? Anyone have any info?

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Bobulus posted:

Reddit was saying this week's episode is going to air in Japan later in the day? Anyone have any info?

Both AT-X and Tokyo MX still list it in their regular time slots tomorrow :shrug:

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Maybe we have to wait spider weeks between episodes now.

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S
A PV has gone up for the next episode, which it says is airing tomorrow.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_fY9xROXug

I'd also like to thank Google Translate for this wonderful piece of poetry.

Maxwell Adams fucked around with this message at 04:47 on Apr 16, 2021

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Oh, huh, they're shuffling the order of stuff...

Gotta say, if it works out how I'm guessing it will, this will actually improve pacing a lot.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

Maxwell Adams posted:

A PV has gone up for the next episode, which it says is airing tomorrow.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_fY9xROXug

I'd also like to thank Google Translate for this wonderful piece of poetry.

D narrating the PV. Any chance to get more stuff from Saori Hayami I can get behind.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Wow this episode wasn't animated well at all, even compared to previous episodes, at least for the human side. Was really hard to get invested in what was happening because of it.

Not even just bad, it's blatantly unfinished :(

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

Yeah, those action scenes were a mess. Wonder what happened.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

On the bright side Kumoko rolling around in anguish followed by the human perspective of the same thing was hysterical. Probably where all the budget went this episode.

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Well, I didn't expect all that stuff to happen

Especially Potimas getting beheaded.
Screw you, beautiful baby vampire princess!

So it took Kumoko 1 year to get out. I thought more time would have passed.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

Brutal Garcon posted:

Yeah, those action scenes were a mess. Wonder what happened.

Given how they only released the PV a few hours ago, I can only assume severe production workflow problems.

I'll remind folks that the studio doing the 2d for the show is the same one that did Berserk. Take that as you will.

It's a shame really because the first half was actually pretty funny and well done. But boy did the production quality take a nosedive right after Sue killed the king

It was almost like watching this take place.

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

That episode was very very rough, and dont mean the story. I can understand why there was a rumor it would air later.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

Super Jay Mann posted:

On the bright side Kumoko rolling around in anguish followed by the human perspective of the same thing was hysterical. Probably where all the budget went this episode.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Shame about the animation, because tons of poo poo is happening!

Now that we've officially confirmed that Negishi = Sophia = Vampire, it sure seems like whoever / whatever is assigning roles to these reincarnators is a bit of a dick. Negishi, the anemic girl with an overbite who everyone calls 'Spooky' gets reincarnated as a vampire, lol.

Super Jay Mann posted:

Agreed.

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

Nitrousoxide posted:

It was almost like watching this take place.

fixed

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

Oka might have gone a bitttttttt overboard in trying to gather her students up it would appear. Sending bandits to kidnap you as a child.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Keep in mind Oka would also have been a 1 year old baby at the time