Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

use the uesp wiki, it's way better and also has a nice phone app

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Thank you! I found this https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Morrowind:Main_Quest i'll use that.

Necronormiecon
Mar 12, 2019

Farewell, sweet Nerevar. Better luck on your next incarnation.

And if you get lost use this interactive map: https://en.uesp.net/maps/mwmap/mwmap.shtml

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy
Wtf you can travel to a location by clicking on it on the quest log in Daggerfall Unity? :psyduck: I wish I had known about that during my first playthrough, but maybe it's something they added in the newest version?

Playing a redguard punchwoman and it's going way better than I thought it would be (at least so far).

edit:

words to live by

Big Scary Owl fucked around with this message at 02:41 on Apr 8, 2021

Necronormiecon
Mar 12, 2019

Farewell, sweet Nerevar. Better luck on your next incarnation.
Is the OAAB stuff as good as the content made by TR/PT teams?

Necronormiecon fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Apr 8, 2021

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Necronormiecon posted:

Is the OAAB stuff as good as the content made by TR/PT teams? Thinking about maybe making a video with Vos + Tel Mora quests.

Yes

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?

Big Scary Owl posted:

Wtf you can travel to a location by clicking on it on the quest log in Daggerfall Unity? :psyduck: I wish I had known about that during my first playthrough, but maybe it's something they added in the newest version?

Playing a redguard punchwoman and it's going way better than I thought it would be (at least so far).

edit:

words to live by

Are you using the smaller dungeons setting?

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy

Guildenstern Mother posted:

Are you using the smaller dungeons setting?

I'm still using the default dungeon settings cause apparently my brain is broken and I've come to enjoy the "rat in an insane maze" feeling :shepicide:

I may decide to change it at some point however

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/47941

immersive fat idiot son mod

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

yeah read the wiki when you get lost which should only realistically happen at like two or three points tops

I can't remember how long I'd been lost in the first dungeon before I discovered the puzzle box's room was completely separate from the rest of the dungeon crawl and up a ramp in the entry room.

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy

super sweet best pal posted:

I can't remember how long I'd been lost in the first dungeon before I discovered the puzzle box's room was completely separate from the rest of the dungeon crawl and up a ramp in the entry room.

Throughout the years I would sometimes start a new save file after not playing the game for a while and this would almost always happen to me. I just never seem to remember where that is for some reason.

edit: why the gently caress is paralyze so strong in Daggerfall, gently caress

Big Scary Owl fucked around with this message at 12:46 on Apr 12, 2021

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Scorpions? They can go gently caress themselves and I will turn around and load my prequest save if they send me to a dungeon full of them.

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.
Finished the Morrowind mainquest, explored Solsthiem and decided to go and check the island out again in Skyrim.
And like, after becoming a bouncing god that easily leaps over buildings in Morrowind, movement feels sooo slow in Skyrim. (Which is a wild thing to say.)
RIP Acrobatics.

I did however find a mod that let's me throw sweetrolls at people. Skyrim is good again!

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy
Anyone ever have the issue with dungeon tiles not being connected in Daggerfall/Daggerfall Unity? I just stumbled upon a random dungeon where I could not get to the quest point without teleporting.

Happy Underpants
Jul 23, 2007

Big Scary Owl posted:

Anyone ever have the issue with dungeon tiles not being connected in Daggerfall/Daggerfall Unity? I just stumbled upon a random dungeon where I could not get to the quest point without teleporting.

It could be a genuine bug OR there's a skull in the middle of a hallway that teleports you to that section if you touch it.

DAGGERFALL!

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

I think that's just daggerfall.

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy
Yeah I tried interacting with every sprite/object I saw during my normal exploration to no avail. I've been marking every path I didn't take in maps so I know what areas/paths I need to explore next. After teleporting to the quest point I could not find a way back either so I had to teleport again.

Happy Underpants
Jul 23, 2007
It's entirely possible. I've played a lot of Daggerfall but I don't feel confident saying I've played all of it.

The three tricky examples I can think of are:

A small drop under a trap door that is opened by a lever (or wheel?) in a specific fork of a teleport path.

A significant section of a dungeon block teleported to by clicking an animal skull on the floor of a hallway.

Something hidden behind a collision enabled tapestry that is rotated by physically touching (having the pc bump into or stand on) a throne in the same room.

Run into any of those?

Edit: There's a fourth one that has three vertical shafts and a moving block that obstructs a hallway between them, several sets of moving platforms and levers. I haven't actually figured that one out.

Happy Underpants fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Apr 15, 2021

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

That sounds like the dark age of gaming.

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy

Happy Underpants posted:

It's entirely possible. I've played a lot of Daggerfall but I don't feel confident saying I've played all of it.

A small drop under a trap door that is opened by a lever (or wheel?) in a specific fork of a teleport path.

A significant section of a dungeon block teleported to by clicking an animal skull on the floor of a hallway.

Something hidden behind a collision enabled tapestry that is rotated by physically touching (having the pc bump into or stand on) a throne in the same room.

Run into any of those?

Edit: There's a fourth one that has three vertical shafts and a moving block that obstructs a hallway between them, several sets of moving platforms and levers. I haven't actually figured that one out.

I've seen the first two and the fourth one, but not the third one. If I could go back to that specific dungeon I'd check out if that was it, but it's good to know that it's a possibility.

Happy Underpants
Jul 23, 2007
Daggerfall isn't cruel to the player but it isn't helpful either. Dungeons are ultimately clearable (in an hour or more lol) using pretty standard methods for the time. Dungeons are separated into blocks. Clear a block from bottom to the top while using certain end-cap pieces to quickly travel up or down the same block. Learn the gimmick that a few blocks have and remember that, in generic dungeons, gimmicks are limited to one block.

I'll admit though that now a days it's a bit too much work stretched over too little gameplay. If you really want to see old crpg malice towards the player read CrookedB's Wizardry IV Let's play. That's the environment Daggerfall came out of. There used to be a sense of pride in obstructing your players and seeing them wade through poo poo and I'm glad that's gone.

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Happy Underpants posted:

Run into any of those?

Or the perfectly hidden trap door in the floor that you have to click on to open.

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy

Happy Underpants posted:

Daggerfall isn't cruel to the player but it isn't helpful either. Dungeons are ultimately clearable (in an hour or more lol) using pretty standard methods for the time. Dungeons are separated into blocks. Clear a block from bottom to the top while using certain end-cap pieces to quickly travel up or down the same block. Learn the gimmick that a few blocks have and remember that, in generic dungeons, gimmicks are limited to one block.

I'll admit though that now a days it's a bit too much work stretched over too little gameplay. If you really want to see old crpg malice towards the player read CrookedB's Wizardry IV Let's play. That's the environment Daggerfall came out of. There used to be a sense of pride in obstructing your players and seeing them wade through poo poo and I'm glad that's gone.

I tried Wiz 4 now cause I felt challenged by "The majority of those who have played the game were unable to leave the very first room" and I somehow managed to get out of the first room but I have no clue how I actually did it. Having a limited amount of keystrokes to beat the game is loving insane

Guildenstern Mother posted:

Or the perfectly hidden trap door in the floor that you have to click on to open.

Don't think I've seen this one either, I've only seen the trap doors that open when you step on them.

Vavrek
Mar 2, 2013

I like your style hombre, but this is no laughing matter. Assault on a police officer. Theft of police property. Illegal possession of a firearm. FIVE counts of attempted murder. That comes to... 29 dollars and 40 cents. Cash, cheque, or credit card?

Big Scary Owl posted:

Having a limited amount of keystrokes to beat the game is loving insane

What the gently caress. :catstare:

Now I know what LP I'm reading next, I guess.

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Big Scary Owl posted:

Don't think I've seen this one either, I've only seen the trap doors that open when you step on them.

That could have been what happened, I assumed it was because I was misclicking on an orc corpse.

TresTristesTigres
Feb 14, 2013

Posts from UnDeR9R0Und

John F Bennett posted:

That sounds like the dark age of gaming.
Kind of, yeah. I guess I saw Daggerfall's dungeon design as coming from TES's roots in Dungeons & Dragons. From what I've seen, a lot of the old D&D dungeons were similarly obtuse. Progress might entirely depend on something dumb like interacting with a random animal skull on the floor.

I didn't play Wizardry, but I remember some similar design from Ultima Underworld where I got one of Cabirus's totems from playing a tune on a flute in some random hidden spot that seemed significant, but was pretty surprised when it turned out to be the actual thing I needed to do to progress. How did I know to do that? How many people got stuck because they never figured that out? It's a different kind of fun than Skyrim, that's for sure.

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy

Hell yeah bitch

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

My roommate is playing Skyrim for the first time and I'm jonesing for more ES content.

How is ESO if you're strictly playing solo? Is it anywhere close to playing like the other games?

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)

Inzombiac posted:

My roommate is playing Skyrim for the first time and I'm jonesing for more ES content.

How is ESO if you're strictly playing solo? Is it anywhere close to playing like the other games?

It's a very different style of game but all story content with very few exceptions can be soloed. The base game factional storylines are hit-or-miss, generally miss, but I really recall liking the "main quest", and the chapters are pretty well written and have started to delve into some of the more estoeric bits of lore as well.

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Its ok. Landscapes kind of make me feel like they had the design team from oblivion if that makes sense, serviceable but kind of bland. Hammerfell looks pretty cool at least.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Inzombiac posted:

Eso is an mmo with an elder scrolls skin. Imo the most fun part of tes games is abusing ai and finding cool glitches and insanely good loot and ESO has none of that. Dont expect to run into any artifacts until the mmo treadmill determines you will

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

Inzombiac posted:

you can solo all the main story campaigns but you need a group for dungeon stuff. i played for about 5 months and mostly had fun. it gets pretty boring once you hit max level and get somewhat ok gear because absolutely nothing outside of group dungeons will pose any threat to you.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Okay, thanks. That's disappointing but expected.

I've done all sorts of gimmick builds in Skyrim and don't really have much else I could possibly try.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
Hey goons. After a long time of letting it sit in my backlog. I've finally started playing Skyrim. I wondering it's better to do the whole civil war story before or after the main quest or if it doesn't matter.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

You could nerd out about it doesn’t matter and it only affects things in the dumbest ways possible so just do whatever

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

OhFunny posted:

Hey goons. After a long time of letting it sit in my backlog. I've finally started playing Skyrim. I wondering it's better to do the whole civil war story before or after the main quest or if it doesn't matter.

One of the main quests that's semi interesting won't be available if the civil war is over.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

One of the main quests that's semi interesting won't be available if the civil war is over.

Good to know.

I guess followers can actually die which surprised me. A necromancer has turned Lydia into a literal ash pile

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
Most shouldn't be able to, but it sometimes happens. They should get knocked down but eventually get up once battle is over.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
I think before a patch the falmer would reliably kill followers because they had poison weapons which would keep damaging them after they fell over

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

She died down in Hillgrund's Tomb. A lot of Draugr attacked with the boss and she got knocked down. The quest NPC was standing next to her and I think the boss' spells hit them both.

The game also crashed a little while later when I was trying to enter a building.