Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Question.
This poll is closed.
Yes. 76 50.67%
No. 74 49.33%
Total: 127 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
I love that we're pulling out of Afghanistan and talking about upholding our commitment to those who worked with us while simultaneously not allowing more refugees.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

FrozenVent posted:

I mean with an active pandemic and such it might not be a great time to encourage mass movements of people.

But gently caress maintaining any policy Trump set.

I agree with this, with a side helping of

facialimpediment posted:

I'm irrationally hopeful that the cap gets lifted in a few months once vaccines are 100% available and chudfucks can't yell about refugees getting vaccines before (white) Americans.

Ideally, we will just keep the border soft closed until we can just vaccinate people as they come in, which SHOULD wait until everyone already here is dealt with(I am in favor of roving vaccinations squads, myself. The south park antivax episode gives me Ideas)

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

http://entm.ag/cF2ago

lmao

I love this new sentiment of 'Nobody Wants to Work Anymore'

yeah, that's it.

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Helen McRory died :(

https://twitter.com/IMDb/status/1383096103361507337?s=20

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020

UP THE BUM NO BABY posted:

I love that we're pulling out of Afghanistan and talking about upholding our commitment to those who worked with us while simultaneously not allowing more refugees.

That buddy sitcom with the Interpreter and the marine was one of the most nauseating pieces of media I've seen in recent years

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

I love this new sentiment of 'Nobody Wants to Work Anymore'

yeah, that's it.

This thread was a good one, it's all about a small business owner that can't find workers and is close to closure.

https://twitter.com/KT_So_It_Goes/status/1383099116486594565?s=19

Except of course, the guy is part of a rich family, likely doesn't pay his people anywhere near enough, and thinks the covid death count is fake and so masks are optional in his restaurant.

Spoiler: it made it to Fox News and now has been repeated by a Senator!

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

this one is my favorite (think they took it town)

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe
We need to pull out every interpreter, Afgan govt worker, ANA SOF, or Afghan intel person that wants to leave.

Those poor loving people are going to be massacred and lose the civil war against the Taliban.

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020
Lazy small business owners admitting they don't want to put in the extra work to recruit labor at market prices under a pandemic. Disgusting, but honest.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

lol that snarky loving tone

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
https://twitter.com/DLamontJenkins/status/1383116214826831874?s=19

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Bored As gently caress posted:

We need to pull out every interpreter, Afgan govt worker, ANA SOF, or Afghan intel person that wants to leave.

Those poor loving people are going to be massacred and lose the civil war against the Taliban.

Sure but if you want to see some real bipartisanship, the establishment dems and the gop will gladly work together on telling them to gently caress off and die

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
https://twitter.com/ZakirSpeaks/status/1383114880467619843?s=19

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBka7fv5PS4

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

My experience breaks down into two primary categories of business employers. The first is an employer who views you as dispensable and just wants to pay you as little as possible until you need to be replaced. You can have unpaid time off, but no benefits or money. The second sees that you can provide value, so they offer a decent wage and maybe even benefits, but they want you to only exist for that job, 45-65 hours a week pretty standard in blue collar work to max out how much money they can grind out of your body. As a guy who has been working for 22 years since I was a high school student, fuckin A, I don't want to work. We all watch people who have never worked a day in their life skate through on institutional and filial inheritance all the god drat time and nothing makes me sicker than hearing a working person carry water for a fuckin millionaire on the matters of wages or taxes or safety

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
E: nevermind.

I got an email from the VA about payments and searched, found an old article.

CRUSTY MINGE fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Apr 16, 2021

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
We had the same issue here last year when people were arguing that CERB was incentivizing people not to look for work.

My response was “pay your employees more than 2,000 a month, dumbass.”

(We do have an actual labor shortage though, but a lot of it is a pay shortage. I have some super in-demand certification in a ridiculously under manned field, but am I going to go back to that poo poo when I can make 95% as much in an easier job? Duck no.)

Cugel the Clever
Apr 5, 2009
I LOVE AMERICA AND CAPITALISM DESPITE BEING POOR AS FUCK. I WILL NEVER RETIRE BUT HERE'S ANOTHER 200$ FOR UKRAINE, SLAVA

bengy81 posted:

Who's bad opinion killed the forums?
Jeffrey pointed the finger at this user in the post-mortem.

Naramyth
Jan 22, 2009

Australia cares about cunts. Including this one.

Cugel the Clever posted:

Jeffrey pointed the finger at this user in the post-mortem.

that tracks

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020
If you can't find someone to do the work you want done, you're not offering enough to do it. That's some econ 101 poo poo that republicans like to ignore because they're actually the party of inherited wealth, not free market economics

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
https://twitter.com/Luciuxness/status/1382565257768529921?s=20

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Grip it and rip it posted:

If you can't find someone to do the work you want done, you're not offering enough to do it. That's some econ 101 poo poo that republicans like to ignore because they're actually the party of inherited wealth, not free market economics

Actually if you commodify everything and make everything cost money and then keep increasing the prices on life necessities then you can pay people whatever you want because otherwise they will die and that’s capitalism.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
lmbo Stephen Miller is talking about how good of a job Biden is doing on immigration.

gently caress

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Bored As gently caress posted:

Take it further and offer no-questions asylum for girls who are old enough to make rational decisions for themselves and women of child-bearing age.

Get Canada in on it as well. Any country that's had boots on the ground in Afghanistan for the past TWENTY loving YEARS should offer to take in people who are going to be brutally murdered and/or subjugated when we leave.

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020

boop the snoot posted:

Actually if you commodify everything and make everything cost money and then keep increasing the prices on life necessities then you can pay people whatever you want because otherwise they will die and that’s capitalism.

I'm pretty sure the reason small town america is dying is a result of this process you are describing.

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

lmbo Stephen Miller is talking about how good of a job Biden is doing on immigration.

gently caress

We all knew he was going to be willing to reach across the aisle

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Take it further and offer no-questions asylum for girls who are old enough to make rational decisions for themselves and women of child-bearing age.

Get Canada in on it as well. Any country that's had boots on the ground in Afghanistan for the past TWENTY loving YEARS should offer to take in people who are going to be brutally murdered and/or subjugated when we leave.

Exactly. Those women will be brutalized, repressed, or worse, under the Taliban. God forbid ISIS in Afghanistan expands more than it has, then those women be in much more danger of unspeakable abuse.

It's our loving responsibility to those people.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

gently caress

Really because at the senate hearing yesterday it sounded like we were letting all 130m Mexican citizens into the US to infect everyone with covid, and that doesn’t match up with what Stephen Miller would say is a “good job”

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

boop the snoot posted:

Really because at the senate hearing yesterday it sounded like we were letting all 130m Mexican citizens into the US to infect everyone with covid, and that doesn’t match up with what Stephen Miller would say is a “good job”

Specifically the refugee stuff.

https://twitter.com/StephenM/status/1383125018519994368?s=19

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

boop the snoot posted:

Yeah, Miller is mostly trolling. He's saying all of the above, while saying Biden did the right thing on refugees. Except Miller wants them all dead, so Miller is lying about what he thinks.

This appears to be a situation where Biden and his people care too much about what Republicans are thinking, saying, or doing about the border, then conflating it to refugees. They still don't quite understand that Republicans are going to demagogue the gently caress out of everything, and outright make poo poo up, no matter what you do. Therefore, just do the good policy and don't give a gently caress about how it plays on the other side. You get the worst of both worlds if you try to straddle the fence.

Unless Biden and his folks actually believe the cap is correct, in which case, gently caress them.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
That post might have come off sounding dickish but I didn’t mean it that way I just wanted to joke about how republican messages all depend on who is listening

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

https://twitter.com/saeedtaji/status/1372949606204649483

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

boop the snoot posted:

That post might have come off sounding dickish but I didn’t mean it that way I just wanted to joke about how republican messages all depend on who is listening

That's really the true Trumpian innovation - it's amazing how many times Republicans will say two different things to two different audiences, then go SEE I WAS RIGHT when one comes true. Real talking to the dead poo poo and they keep creating more of it.

Edit: Jesus I nearly posted that United States of Al thing a few weeks ago, it's like they're ADVERTISING how painfully terrible it is

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

That steaming pile of cbs sitcom is already airing.

The gently caress happened at cbs, did chuck lorre get cancelled?

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Some people just have to touch the hot stove to realize that it burns.

https://twitter.com/AnnaMariaDP/status/1383158929681694724?s=19

https://twitter.com/APDiploWriter/status/1383160623043854337?s=19

He probably has that month until a few Democrats in Congress grind anything Biden wants to do to a screeching halt.

Edit: and the "we don't have the people in the admissions office" could very well be true, but gently caress that. Find a loving way.

facialimpediment fucked around with this message at 22:02 on Apr 16, 2021

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

That steaming pile of cbs sitcom is already airing.

The gently caress happened at cbs, did chuck lorre get cancelled?

That's a Chuck Lorre show.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

boop the snoot posted:

But why would Mexicans come over to catch covid

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Mr. Nice! posted:

That's a Chuck Lorre show.

That doesn't surprise me, but I thought it was by the people who made Broke, which is about on par with this poo poo for tone deafness.

Gonna go lay some rakes out in the CBS presidents' yard for him to step on.

If we're ever going to try to fire something at the sun, it should include Lorre and the master copies of his works.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

if we limit the afghan government workers that we offer refugee status to those that are both competent and not corrupt, we'll only need a single chartered flight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah

PookBear posted:

if we limit the afghan government workers that we offer refugee status to those that are both competent and not corrupt, we'll only need a single chartered flight

:hmmyes: lmao