Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

FizFashizzle posted:

mitochondria

ER would be to the bottom right.

Oh yeah, that's where the Force comes from

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Samadhi posted:

On their first date he presented a carefully prepared 138-page treatise on why they should be married and she was his wife a week later.

Reminds me of the quote about Montgomery:

quote:

In 1925, in his first known courtship of a woman, Montgomery, then in his late thirties, proposed to a 17-year-old girl, Miss Betty Anderson. His approach included drawing diagrams in the sand of how he would deploy his tanks and infantry in a future war, a contingency which seemed very remote at that time. She respected his ambition and single-mindedness, but declined his proposal of marriage.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Everything I know about mitochondria I learned from Parasite Eve

fartknocker posted:

lol this is incredible

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

I'm glad Leper's wife is okay.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Samadhi posted:

Mitochondria are the powerhouse of the cells

My man

FizFashizzle posted:

mitochondria

ER would be to the bottom right.

It was purple in my textbook, I remember this vividly. :(

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I got a covid test just to be 100% sure (pediatrician's recommendation) and it came back negative :toot:

It's almost time to sub back in for dad duty and get Mrs. Ehud some sleep.

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice

Quiet Feet posted:

I'm glad Leper's wife is okay.

i am also glad.

shot #2 coming next week for both the wife and I. we have a dual vaccine household and we respect that.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
2nd dose just went into my arm, officially a full fledged pfizer friend :toot:

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Ehud posted:

I got a covid test just to be 100% sure (pediatrician's recommendation) and it came back negative :toot:

It's almost time to sub back in for dad duty and get Mrs. Ehud some sleep.

You should watch Falcon and the Winter Soldier while you rock only because I know you will go crazy at the beginning of the moat recent episode.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

swickles posted:

You should watch Falcon and the Winter Soldier while you rock only because I know you will go crazy at the beginning of the moat recent episode.

lol I saw Julia-Louis trending on twitter and I thought that was so weird

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

fartknocker posted:

Montgomery is a really strange dude in hindsight. I remember having a chat to one of my lecturers who taught at Sandhurst when I was at uni who mentioned he almost certainly was autistic and there were rumours that followed him around for years about him having a predilection for young men - whether or not this was just muck racking from his peers or true is hard to know. It's thought by some that his marriage was purely political in nature and designed more or less to help quash the rumours. He was famous for a lack of tact and social acumen as well. His eventual wife was the sister of one of his colleagues and had two children from a previous marriage iirc she died from complications from an insect bite. My grandad spent 5 years serving under him - though not directly and often spoke with him with great reverence though.

Edit: thats good news Leper, happy for you dude. Must be a massive relief.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Awww loving lame dude.

Aunt Polly from Beaky Blinders died.

https://www.news.com.au/entertainme...f252745b046a268

I loving loved her. Such an amazing actress - played such a bad rear end strong woman. This sucks.

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

Samadhi posted:

Mitochondria are the powerhouse of the cells

Of which it's DNA is only passed on by your mother. It also happens to be the only time your mother passed on anything.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Who the gently caress is Montgomery? I can't google it because too many terrible things have happened in the town in Alabama, so that's what shows up.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Skwirl posted:

Who the gently caress is Montgomery? I can't google it because too many terrible things have happened in the town in Alabama, so that's what shows up.

The british General.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Skwirl posted:

This is what he's most famous for as far as I know: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Market_Garden

Perhaps unfairly, idk.

e: Oh crap I missed the Leper stuff, that's awesome news man.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Apr 16, 2021

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Grittybeard posted:

This is what he's most famous for as far as I know: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Market_Garden

Perhaps unfairly, idk.

e: Oh crap I missed the Leper stuff, that's awesome news man.

Nah gently caress that plodding slug Monty

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Grittybeard posted:

He was famous for a lot more - I guess outside of the US.

Fought in ww1, was wounded and awarded a medal of gallantry for leading the defense of a british position fighting with a bayonet.
Defeated Rommell in africa - twice
Invaded sicily and italy
served as the commander of british forced in operation overlord and the liberation of france

He was also known for enforcing strict fitness standards on officers and often sacked those who he deemed unfit for command or careless with the lives of soldiers.

He was a very, very good general - just not well liked.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.
Montgomery is well respected at the war colleges for clowning on Rommel twice

efb

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

https://twitter.com/TheOnion/status/1383110871707230209

The Chauvin trial seems to be wrapping up. At this point I assume Walz will just keep the NG deployed until after that.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Skwirl posted:

Who the gently caress is Montgomery?
Homer's boss

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Grittybeard posted:

Perhaps unfairly, idk.

Market-Garden is the more well known thing, but his failure to clear the Scheldt (Because Monty wanted Market-Garden ASAP) was just as big of a gently caress up and delayed the opening of the port Antwerp to shipping by like 3 months while the Canadians took a ton of losses clearing out Germans that moved in and heavily prepared while Market-Garden was stalling out.

BlindSite posted:

He was famous for a lot more - I guess outside of the US.

Fought in ww1, was wounded and awarded a medal of gallantry for leading the defense of a british position fighting with a bayonet.
Defeated Rommell in africa - twice
Invaded sicily and italy
served as the commander of british forced in operation overlord and the liberation of france

He was also known for enforcing strict fitness standards on officers and often sacked those who he deemed unfit for command or careless with the lives of soldiers.

He was a very, very good general - just not well liked.

Yeah, the popular image of him in the U.S. is basically linked to the movie Patton, where he's almost as much George C. Scott's rival and enemy as the Nazis.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=clQoB4K7QUs

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Just finished Insurrection.

It... Wasn't that bad? Kinda felt like a mid-level TNG 2 parter.

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg posted:

Of which it's DNA is only passed on by your mother. It also happens to be the only time your mother passed on anything.

oh shi

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

swickles posted:

Since you are Leper, I am sure you are interested in the technical aspects of what happened. The reason why they did a right hemicolectomy instead of taking out just the appendix, is that if the tumor is close to the junction, it may involve part of the large intestine. Unfortunately, the blood supply to large bowel is such that you either have to remove the entire right half, left halfish, or sigmoid. Unlike, the small bowel where you can just resect a couple inches randomly. So even if they could have just taken an inch of the colon, they would have to take the entire right side because blood supply is so wonky. Most times, even with a basic appendicitis case, you are also consented for a right hemicolectomy in case there is a visible tumor on the appendix.

Yup thanks this is all correct, and I'm way ahead of you lol I've been reading stuff like https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5599200/ today, I got through the material on blood vessel support of the right ascending colon back on wednesday

I don't like looking at the pictures but I can handle the text parts

I want to read about how the gently caress they glue bits of gut together next, it seems like just doing sutures wouldn't work, maybe they use a sleeve or something, maybe fold it over and crimp it who knows, it must be pretty delicate work

anyway thanks all of you guys you genuinely helped me feel better this week

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Blowjob Overtime posted:

https://twitter.com/TheOnion/status/1383110871707230209

The Chauvin trial seems to be wrapping up. At this point I assume Walz will just keep the NG deployed until after that.

also, gun lives matter

https://twitter.com/TheOnion/status/1383140669309526018

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Super psyched - I’m taking next week off for a much-needed vacation. We’re packing all of our stuff up now and are going to hit the road bright and early tomorrow morning. The plan is to drive out into the Utah desert and look at and climb on some neat rocks :toot:

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
https://twitter.com/TamashiiNations/status/1382852383466692613?s=19

Joey can finally relax

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Second shot ~9 hours ago. So far no real symptoms other than being a bit lethargic.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
happy friday

https://twitter.com/soulphoodie/status/1382608754563297282

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

“That’s not goo that’s doo - doo!”

lmfao

I guess all of these things (this, bread and spaghetti-o pie, Getti spaghetti, etc.) are like outsider art or something

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

It's definitely a never used toilet so whatever, but how the gently caress are you supposed to clean out the tank when you're done with all that poo poo

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

Intruder posted:

It's definitely a never used toilet so whatever, but how the gently caress are you supposed to clean out the tank when you're done with all that poo poo

With an M80

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

How did this happen

https://twitter.com/lilyeIiz/status/1377363710625337351

I've been assured it's not an edit

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way
IIRC Johnson and Diesel legitimately hate each other. I can very much see them getting into a pissing contest over nobody getting to look bigger in more shots.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Toaster Beef posted:

IIRC Johnson and Diesel legitimately hate each other. I can very much see them getting into a pissing contest over nobody getting to look bigger in more shots.

I think Dwayne Johnson is just a loving rear end in a top hat. He's the only one who ever seemed to have a problem working with Vin Diesel and it was while they were making the first Fast and Furious film after Paul Walker died, one of Vin Diesel's closest friends and aside from Diesel the name you could most closely attach to the franchise.

Also he loving debates with directors about how often he can get punched in a movie, not from a "I don't want to get hit" perspective, but from a "I don't want people to see me get hit" perspective.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
The Rock and Vin Diesel loving hated each other and everything I know about Vin tells me that it's 10000% The Rock's fault.

Vin Diesel is literally just a buff nerd

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I knew they had a feud, I just wonder how that got past test screenings without someone making noise about it. It looks ridiculous

Intruder fucked around with this message at 02:21 on Apr 17, 2021

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Spoeank posted:

The Rock and Vin Diesel loving hated each other and everything I know about Vin tells me that it's 10000% The Rock's fault.

Vin Diesel is literally just a buff nerd

He got Dame Judi Dench to play Dungeons and Dragons with him. That's a loving podcast I'd watch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Intruder posted:

I knew they had a feud, I just wonder how that got past screening tests without someone making noise about it. It looks ridiculous

Dwayne Johnson's role in Fast 5 was originally writer Tommy Lee Jones! But fans wanted to see The Rock in a fast and Furious movie.