Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7sGKvDNdJNA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Orange Devil posted:

Madeleine Albright finding half a million dead Iraqi children due to sanctions worth it in a TV interview.

Albright calling people who opposed sanctions as Saddam-lovers in a televised town hall

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBpQJ98rR4o

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

When they decided to 'punish' MTG by taking away all her committee assignments, thereby giving a woman with a $174,000/yr job virtually no work responsibilities and freeing up even more time for her to think of dumb stunts and tweets so more people will pay attention to her.

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
soup for my family

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Chris Cuomo saying it was racist to call him Fredo

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Some anglers on Martha’s Vineyard are mad about an offshore wind power plant that will somehow affect fish, and I was reminded of one of the great moments https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=20Jcrk6jGfo

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

zegermans posted:

Chris Cuomo saying it was racist to call him Fredo

Bret Weinstein hissyfit over being called a metaphorical bed bug and implying it was antisemitic

Lamech
Nov 20, 2001

Soiled Meat
back in 2018...

Report: Las Vegas professor shot himself in arm to protest Trump

https://www.reviewjournal.com/crime/shootings/report-las-vegas-professor-shot-himself-in-arm-to-protest-trump/

"Inside the bathroom, campus police found a $100 bill taped to a mirror along with a note that said, “For the janitor,” according to Bird’s arrest report. On the floor of the restroom was a black-and-white, .22-caliber pistol and one spent shell casing."

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

chaleski posted:

Bret Weinstein hissyfit over being called a metaphorical bed bug and implying it was antisemitic

if he was called a bug that eats dust, he could have a point

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

mawarannahr posted:

Some anglers on Martha’s Vineyard are mad about an offshore wind power plant that will somehow affect fish, and I was reminded of one of the great moments https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=20Jcrk6jGfo

i have no idea why i thought it would be in a politics thread, but i assumed it was this video of a dude with a boston accent thinking an ocean sunfish was a baby whale

https://youtu.be/8n2cIeIpzLA

owl_pellet
Nov 20, 2005

show your enemy
what you look like

Chuds emptying their accounts and liquidating their assets to buy Iraqi dinar because Trump said he would make all currencies equal after China was caught manipulating the value of the yuan

owl_pellet
Nov 20, 2005

show your enemy
what you look like

Oh and then tweeting at Trump with basically that dril tweet about how they needed financial relief now because they were sitting on a pile of worthless paper

NightGyr
Mar 7, 2005
I � Unicode

chaleski posted:

Bret Stephens, and he tried to get the guy who tweeted it fired and devoted two columns to the topic.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

NightGyr posted:

Bret Stephens, and he tried to get the guy who tweeted it fired and devoted two columns to the topic.

Including a link that showed his research was googling "jews as bedbugs" on Google Books and not realizing that in this particular case the Nazis were talking about literal bedbugs.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

its pretty wild how far you can get with the combo of being bad at research and writing really fast

it takes me like 10 months to write 4 pages cause i keep deciding that i need more clarification on whatever thing im asserting

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..
At last year's online Democratic convention they want to show on a map where speakers were to show that the speakers were actually out in the world. The plan was cancelled when they realized how many of the speakers were currently in Martha's Vineyard.

Chuka Umana
Apr 30, 2019

by sebmojo

ok but the insane level of gate keeping MDs do to anyone who questions "the science" has really manifested itself in response to Nate trying to critique the vaccine and pandemic response stuff.

https://twitter.com/celinegounder/status/1382299663269761024

1996: "hey oxycontin may not be as safe as people say."
"well I guess YOU just aren't FOLLOWING THE SCIENCE. You're not a doctor anyway!"

Chuka Umana has issued a correction as of 04:27 on Apr 17, 2021

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Orange Devil posted:

Madeleine Albright finding half a million dead Iraqi children due to sanctions worth it in a TV interview.

brought this up to somebody one time and they didn’t believe me. didn’t bother bringing up evidence

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
we tortured some folks

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012_Quebec_student_protests

We loving called it the Maple Spring but a year later the same corrupt assholes were back in power and nothing had changed.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
We have caught and compromised to a permanent end... Osama Bin Laden

*salutes*

Chuka Umana
Apr 30, 2019

by sebmojo
Gordon Brown rightfully called out a woman complaining about Eastern Europeans as a bigot and it was the biggest scandal of the election.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
Gordon Brown spent all the poonds

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
I can't find it now but there's a flowchart for how Scots should vote that ends with a very large box that includes the phrase "I am accursed, a Scottish Tory. No use to man nor beast." or something like that

can someone dig it up for me because that phrase is running through my head a la n-wordstomper58

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

MikeCrotch posted:

Somebody thought they were being very clever leaving behind a note to their successor that said "I'm terribly sorry but there is no money" and guaranteed the UK decades of conservative darkness as a result

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I'm watching an old episode of QI and Ed Balls is in it, and it reminded me of one of the top 3 Tweets of all time.

e: Lmao he didn't know "which British party has the third-most seats in parliament" despite him being a member of said party. (The Co-operative Party)

3D Megadoodoo has issued a correction as of 16:01 on Apr 17, 2021

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
Change UK The Independent Group. Wonder why Chuka didn't go with New Independent Group

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

MikeCrotch posted:

He sold all the gold and bankrupted the country forever

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

the sex ghost posted:

He sold all the gold and bankrupted the country forever

Sounds like he's The Greatest Briton Of All Time.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
Tony Blair apparently being really religious (to the point where the Iraq War was justified partially by being a new Crusade) and wanting to be God Emperor of the EU after that

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
You ain't black

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Bill Clinton was the first black president

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

what little hair Nate has is going to fall out due to that. utterly bodied by some 3 digit follower count rando reply guy.

thetan_guy42
Oct 15, 2016

murdera

Lipstick Apathy

Low Desert Punk posted:

We have caught and compromised to a permanent end... Osama Bin Laden

*salutes*

That west wing episode where the pilots shake hands after the deferential reporters briefing

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

thetan_guy42 posted:

That west wing episode where the pilots shake hands after the deferential reporters briefing

That was The Newsroom

And speaking of:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=sStJs0fzgCc

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

Low Desert Punk posted:

You ain't black

Listen, fat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

MikeCrotch posted:

Listen, fat

is that how's it's going to be, Jack? let's go, push-up contest, right here, right now.