Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012

Analytic Engine posted:

What did they say? Haven't heard the episode

Matt used to carry around a tape recorder as a kid to do anti-drug PSAs. and an anti-drug rap.

Felix once dreamed of being a green beret so he could return home and be a cool liberal anti-war senator.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Sephyr posted:

Matt used to carry around a tape recorder as a kid to do anti-drug PSAs. and an anti-drug rap.
Is that why he still dresses like a toddler

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

FlamingLiberal posted:

Is that why he still dresses like a toddler

this is unfair, he's upgraded from toddler to richard attenborough in jurassic park

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Groovelord Neato posted:

Pretty rich coming from a Yankees fan.
Really? Gross.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

I like McKay bringing up how the Celtics were the fourth team in the city when they were the most unstoppable team in American sports history because my dad still holds a grudge against his fellow Bostonians about that since Bill Russell is his favorite athlete and bball is his favorite sport.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."

Sephyr posted:

Felix once dreamed of being a green beret so he could return home and be a cool liberal anti-war senator.

this was already a thing, they compared him to buttigieg for this in a prev episode

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

his senator in illinois would be tammy duckworth, too

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

picturing 14 year old felix reading war is a racket and thinking he needs to go to war

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

picturing 14 year old felix playing Snake Eater and thinking he needs to go to war

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012
Actually The Boss explains a lot about Felix's taste in women

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

I read Enders game as a kid and wished I had a tablet computer that created a psychological profile of me to show me more things that I like.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
https://twitter.com/chenweihua/status/1382369697568546816

PerilPastry
Oct 10, 2012
Chen doesn't play
https://twitter.com/chenweihua/status/1334567538534084608?s=20

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
"a lifetime bitch" is an all timer. if you come at the Chen you best not miss.

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005
don't underestimate chinese social media trolls. they're extremely powerful, just ask the vtuber scene

duck.exe
Apr 14, 2012

Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/chenweihua/status/1367072817301368832?s=21

The North Tower
Aug 20, 2007

You should throw it in the ocean.
A couple pages late, but one tangential thing I liked about Duncan’s History of Rome was hearing about him finishing school, and then taking some time off from time to time to get married, have 2 kids and need breaks for when he’s the solo parent for a week or two. Pretty endearing. And he gets much better as it goes on. Revolutions starts out as the seasoned Duncan, so you have a low tolerance for that kind of thing then just jump to Revolutions or start at like the Punic Wars or Caesar’s stuff if you don’t mind missing the beginnings.

Chakan
Mar 30, 2011

The North Tower posted:

A couple pages late, but one tangential thing I liked about Duncan’s History of Rome was hearing about him finishing school, and then taking some time off from time to time to get married, have 2 kids and need breaks for when he’s the solo parent for a week or two. Pretty endearing. And he gets much better as it goes on. Revolutions starts out as the seasoned Duncan, so you have a low tolerance for that kind of thing then just jump to Revolutions or start at like the Punic Wars or Caesar’s stuff if you don’t mind missing the beginnings.

Agreed, which is a little sad because the most useful stuff for me was the early years. It was really interesting seeing how the laws and customs changed as they grew from a single settlement to control the Italian Peninsula.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
Not Steve Guttenberg! :(

Unironically sad to hear he's a loon.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Felix was on “and introducing” and mentioned a pre chapo incarnation which was will Felix and nick mullen. Does anyone know about that existing?

Proust Malone fucked around with this message at 18:35 on Apr 16, 2021

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I don’t think they’ve recorded a project together. Nick, Felix, and Virgil are just all close friends and the 3 of them went on a road trip to New England a few years ago and every story from that weekend is a gut buster

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Bust Rodd posted:

I don’t think they’ve recorded a project together. Nick, Felix, and Virgil are just all close friends and the 3 of them went on a road trip to New England a few years ago and every story from that weekend is a gut buster

That was supposed to read “pre-chapo” but for autocorrect and my keen attention to detail.

duck.exe
Apr 14, 2012

Nap Ghost
more like pre-cum Chapo

Chakan
Mar 30, 2011
Not to be annoying about this, but if you're interested in learning more about Nick Lobe you can listen to this episode of Relentless Picnic.

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Gripweed posted:

I've never heard of that guy before.

He's an annoying liberal cop.

That's it basically.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

The way Chris described frequency it kind of reminded me of be-at.tv that used to broadcast club nights in good quality before youtube got better at it. Although they didn't have breakout rooms or the no playback thing.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
The festival is a way, way easier sell than Amber’s fuckin’ book, I can tell you that much

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Rabbi Tupac
Jan 1, 2010

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion

Bust Rodd posted:

The festival is a way, way easier sell than Amber’s fuckin’ book, I can tell you that much

Amber's book doesn't have WHM in it so yeah.

TerminalSaint
Apr 21, 2007

Where must we go...

we who wander this Wasteland in search of our better selves?

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

They said I was weak
They said I should drink tea
And I said "Sorry dudes,
I like my wits about me"
Who said it: Ian MacKaye or Matt Christman?

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
https://twitter.com/byyourlogic/status/1383328967524978690?s=21

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

waahh my rugs and purses

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Shot 2 of Biden Juice. Being in MI this is a huge relief

Equeen
Oct 29, 2011

Pole dance~
https://twitter.com/bianlaf/status/1383173851044052994?s=21

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
bill! bill! bill!

treat
Jul 24, 2008

by the sex ghost
Speaking of bills, here's an update on last week's feel-good bonus episode in which Will interviewed Reclaim Idaho over the documentary highlighting their successful organizing of the ballot initiative that finally lead to Medicaid expansion in my dogshit state:

https://twitter.com/reclaimID/status/1383474820684255235

You guessed it, SB1110 viciously kneecaps citizen initiatives by requiring the signatures of 6% of the population in every single legislative district, making them virtually impossible. It's blatant, bald-faced retaliation against all us lowly serfs for having the gall to want a voice. Our per pupil education funding is dead last in the nation, public schools and universities are being strangled as punishment for "Marxist indoctrination" and unisex bathrooms, the cost of housing continues to skyrocket while wages remain stagnant (in the fastest growing state in the country), Ammon loving Bundy is constantly hanging out at the Capitol building with his 3 percenter buddies crying about the tyranny of masks and begging to be arrested, and now our ability to fix any of our hosed up regressive baggage with grassroots movements and ballot initiatives is straight hosed--despite heavy opposition clear across the board, including by 68% of republicans.

Just wanted to bring you all back down in case you might have been thinking that bad things sometimes don't always happen forever.

Greatbacon
Apr 9, 2012

by Pragmatica

treat posted:

Speaking of bills, here's an update on last week's feel-good bonus episode in which Will interviewed Reclaim Idaho over the documentary highlighting their successful organizing of the ballot initiative that finally lead to Medicaid expansion in my dogshit state:

https://twitter.com/reclaimID/status/1383474820684255235

You guessed it, SB1110 viciously kneecaps citizen initiatives by requiring the signatures of 6% of the population in every single legislative district, making them virtually impossible. It's blatant, bald-faced retaliation against all us lowly serfs for having the gall to want a voice. Our per pupil education funding is dead last in the nation, public schools and universities are being strangled as punishment for "Marxist indoctrination" and unisex bathrooms, the cost of housing continues to skyrocket while wages remain stagnant (in the fastest growing state in the country), Ammon loving Bundy is constantly hanging out at the Capitol building with his 3 percenter buddies crying about the tyranny of masks and begging to be arrested, and now our ability to fix any of our hosed up regressive baggage with grassroots movements and ballot initiatives is straight hosed--despite heavy opposition clear across the board, including by 68% of republicans.

Just wanted to bring you all back down in case you might have been thinking that bad things sometimes don't always happen forever.

This poo poo happened in :co: after the movement to legalize weed snowballed into an attempt to gently caress with the Oil & Gas industries.

If you want to fight Capital you've got to awaken a new religion to burn over the working class districts and fight back. At some point the movement must surpass the extant structures.

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

does anyone know what the book brace mentioned in the Adam Curtis episode of trueanon? he mentioned the author as mobo gao and the title was cultural revolution in history and memory, but I can’t tell if he gave the wrong title or the wrong author?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mae
Aug 1, 2010

Supesudandi wa, kukan-nai no dandidesu

I just want to drop in and say the Law and Order episode of Time For any Stories is great