Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

Rah! posted:

if u bought it from a store you should be able to exchange it

if they dont let you, that sucks, find a new store

Online order. It's the cheapest cart on OCS and now I know why!

:sicknasty:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

skewetoo posted:

a weed self-own

Lovelyn
Jul 8, 2008

Eat more beans
I use coconut oil instead of butter but I'm 99% sure I hit the max saturation point. I used about 1.5 ounces of flower/AVB in 1/3 cup of oil and it wasn't super strong like I had expected

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

skewetoo posted:

haven’t seen that brand in BC yet but I’ll keep that in mind when the new store near me opens

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005
fury edge arrived today, unit has some nice heft in the hand. instructions recommend to charge for a while before first use so i plugged it in to charge and...

...it doesn't work with the usb c cable ive got sitting here for my phone and some other things. USBIF!! :argh:

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Delta-Wye posted:

fury edge arrived today, unit has some nice heft in the hand. instructions recommend to charge for a while before first use so i plugged it in to charge and...

...it doesn't work with the usb c cable ive got sitting here for my phone and some other things. USBIF!! :argh:

they solved the problem where cords have a lovely shape but now cords that seem the same may not be, so usb c has been kind of a wash

Lovelyn
Jul 8, 2008

Eat more beans
you people have stood in my way long enough

i'm making edibles

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
well i don't think any of us expected Lovelyn to say that

Lovelyn
Jul 8, 2008

Eat more beans
:420:

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
my usual store now has Seth Rogen's Houseplant strains.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Delta-Wye posted:

you got a cable in the box that does work though right..?

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
my edge doesn't work with any C to C cable I've tried. still beats micro usb

maybe they fixed that in the fury rogue (lol) that's coming out soon

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

i am harry posted:

you got a cable in the box that does work though right..?

cable and unit works right, it has something to do with the combination of USB solutions the (tablet? iirc) charger & cable vs the FE unit decided to implement, probably CC pins being wired weirdly but idk. Less to do with these specific units and more just bellyaching about the sad state of affairs in USB atm.

Got excited last night and made some straws...? So far seems like a nice unit, can probably do something cool for a mouthpiece as long as it terminated in a ~12mm tube.

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

usb c is a nightmare because it's just the shape of the port. a "usb c" shaped cable can be:

- charge-only
- usb 2.0
- usb 3.0
- usb 3.1
- thunderbolt 3
- probably more?

with varying levels of compatibility depending on the device they're being plugged into and the quality of the cable itself

I usually just buy Anker type-c charge cables (which are usually USB 2.0) as they tend to work with every device I've tried them on and they're inexpensive

tmfc has issued a correction as of 19:22 on Apr 16, 2021

MODS CURE JOKES
Nov 11, 2009

OFFICIAL SAS 90s REMEMBERER
i love weed

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007
no lube anal fan

tmfc posted:

usb c is a nightmare because it's just the shape of the port. a "usb c" shaped cable can be:

- charge-only
- usb 2.0
- usb 3.0
- usb 3.1
- thunderbolt 3
- probably more?

with varying levels of compatibility depending on the device they're being plugged into and the quality of the cable itself

I usually just buy Anker type-c charge cables (which are usually USB 2.0) as they tend to work with every device I've tried them on and they're inexpensive

Anker makes some seriously good USB poo poo that feels (and is priced) dirt cheap, but goddamn does it ever loving work.

if you buy anything from them that’s >$20 though it’s as good as it comes. I got a 20-port USB hub and I swear I could beat someone to death with it and it’d still work fine.

it’s a weird dichotomy they have in their lineup.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
my enano's power cord's been touch and go, and it finally started sparking and melting the insulation near the strain relief, so I guess i'll be getting my third loving one soon. B(

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
Out of flower but I still have a half gram vape cart, trying to decide if I should get more now or wait until the vape draws down

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007
no lube anal fan

Mayor Dave posted:

Out of flower but I still have a half gram vape cart, trying to decide if I should get more now or wait until the vape draws down

don’t drive your car on E, same with your stash

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
Perfect timing lol the delivery service just texted a promo code to stock up for 4/20, time to buy more weed

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

tmfc posted:

- charge-only
- usb 2.0
- usb 3.0
- usb 3.1
- thunderbolt 3
- probably more?

soon USB4 and TB4 - and also all the backwards compatible garbage! oh boy

e: i need to get a pet so i can fill this thread with pictures instead of complaining about my sad cable situation

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007
no lube anal fan

Mayor Dave posted:

Perfect timing lol the delivery service just texted a promo code to stock up for 4/20, time to buy more weed

earth day every day

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

tokin opposition posted:

my enano's power cord's been touch and go, and it finally started sparking and melting the insulation near the strain relief, so I guess i'll be getting my third loving one soon. B(

yeah for a device that costs ~$200 and is virtually just a ceramic rod heater with a screen over it surrounded by a little hunk of wood, you'd think they'd spring for a slightly thicker power cord. they do sell a fancier cord like this:

..but it costs loving $40 and the cord itself is probably the same flimsy bullshit as the stock one... i'm assuming they just re-house the standard cord's guts in a piece of wood and use a guitar volume knob instead of a generic dial.

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

though honestly if you're even remotely handy you can probably just make your own replacement with any standard non-polarized C7 power cord, just splice the new cable onto the old dial. looks like the dial just comes apart w/2 screws.

e - yeah after researching it's clear this is just a standard 150 watt lamp dimmer switch with a C7 plug at the end instead of a light bulb socket. at least now i know if my cord ever shits out i can just make my own out of better components.

tmfc has issued a correction as of 04:31 on Apr 17, 2021

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

Mayor Dave posted:

Mayor Dave posted:

:nice:

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011
wonder if my boss will let me leave like an hour before I usually wrap up on the 20th

we’re both BC born and raised so I bet he’ll be a bro

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Got a connect through a friend. gently caress 12 smoke weed every day. :woop:

Lovelyn
Jul 8, 2008

Eat more beans

Delta-Wye posted:

e: i need to get a pet

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

gently caress yeah make a super long curved one that like does a couple loops.

i am harry has issued a correction as of 05:03 on Apr 17, 2021

Lovelyn
Jul 8, 2008

Eat more beans
Weed shop kinda nearby is selling ounces of pre-ground shake for $26 so I've been going every day to stock up

This rules

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Lovelyn posted:

Weed shop kinda nearby is selling ounces of pre-ground shake for $26 so I've been going every day to stock up

This rules

This is the kind of deal to look for

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

Lovelyn posted:

I use coconut oil instead of butter but I'm 99% sure I hit the max saturation point. I used about 1.5 ounces of flower/AVB in 1/3 cup of oil and it wasn't super strong like I had expected

you can run the same oil you've made with multiple batches of ABV and save all the cannabinoids up in it. it's the only way to make it "not weak"

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

Lovelyn posted:

This rules

that's incredible

7g of shake is like $75-80 after tax for rec users here

crying @ IL prices

:negative:

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

tmfc posted:

yeah for a device that costs ~$200 and is virtually just a ceramic rod heater with a screen over it surrounded by a little hunk of wood, you'd think they'd spring for a slightly thicker power cord. they do sell a fancier cord like this:

..but it costs loving $40 and the cord itself is probably the same flimsy bullshit as the stock one... i'm assuming they just re-house the standard cord's guts in a piece of wood and use a guitar volume knob instead of a generic dial.

Yeah, I considered doing so, but I'm not sure that I trust my skills when it comes to AC power that's going to be a) frequently stressed and b) near me while inebriated. I think I'll pick up a bubble stem and a cord and treat it as a lil' paraphernalia treat. (probably get the boring black one again because the boxed version noticeably does not show the end connector)

Lovelyn
Jul 8, 2008

Eat more beans

Marzzle posted:

you can run the same oil you've made with multiple batches of ABV and save all the cannabinoids up in it. it's the only way to make it "not weak"

I never thought to do this because I figured the fat was already completely saturated by THC - like if I put the same amount of shake/AVB into a full cup of oil it felt "stronger" but maybe I just hosed up that tiny batch

Kinda tempted to try 2 ounces of shake + AVB in a full cup next time

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007
no lube anal fan

Lovelyn posted:

I never thought to do this because I figured the fat was already completely saturated by THC - like if I put the same amount of shake/AVB into a full cup of oil it felt "stronger" but maybe I just hosed up that tiny batch

Kinda tempted to try 2 ounces of shake + AVB in a full cup next time

there is distressingly little hard science out there on the saturation of fats with THC and CBD but anecdotally I’ll back the “as long as you store and handle it properly you can continue to infuse your fats using ABV at least one or two more times.”

I just literally finished making 40g of ABV into a little more than half a cup of usable, strained butter, had it in the water bath for almost 20 hours, and despite having done this repeatedly I can’t tell you if I get more saturation from a longer infusion, a smaller ratio of ABV:butter, or a combination of the two because there’s nothing truly concrete out there yet.

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

legalize it everywhere

and expunge

and other stuff

Lovelyn
Jul 8, 2008

Eat more beans
What would weed science be called

Cannistry? Weedology? I just want a lab of nerds to figure out how I can min/max calories:thc and make space budder

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007
no lube anal fan

Lovelyn posted:

What would weed science be called

Cannistry? Weedology? I just want a lab of nerds to figure out how I can min/max calories:thc and make space budder

I’m a cannabologist

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

the weed doctor