Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Knormal posted:

Federation-class? Okay gramps.

we just ignoring the 'future Enterprise-D' from All good things? Better than the frankenstein poo poo they invented for Wolf 359 because they didn't have the budget to actually make new models

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

The future Enterprise-D never happened because the Enterprise-D was destroyed by the Duras Sisters. Maybe other Galaxy-class starships received a three-nacelle upgrade but we never saw any onscreen so we can't know for sure, we don't know how much of the timeline Q showed Picard actually came to fruition.

And the Federation-class never appeared onscreen either, so the Niagara-class is the only canon three-nacelled Federation starship in the main timeline. :colbert:

To hate the Wolf-359 kitbashes is to hate the Nebula variant with the little baby nacelles, and who could hate that?

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Knormal posted:

To hate the Wolf-359 kitbashes is to hate the Nebula variant with the little baby nacelles, and who could hate that?

Thalidomide is contraindicated for use with pregnant women and starship designers

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Knormal posted:

The future Enterprise-D never happened because the Enterprise-D was destroyed by the Duras Sisters. Maybe other Galaxy-class starships received a three-nacelle upgrade but we never saw any onscreen so we can't know for sure, we don't know how much of the timeline Q showed Picard actually came to fruition.

And the Federation-class never appeared onscreen either, so the Niagara-class is the only canon three-nacelled Federation starship in the main timeline. :colbert:

I understand some of these words. And drat I shouldn't be ashamed of them. Looking at a ENTD model when i was in middle school and smdh

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

She left because Rick Berman was doing Joss Whedon style sex pest poo poo. Hope that helps.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
the 3 nacelle Enterprise is canon by virtue of it appearing on the loving screen! I'll fight you

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Detective No. 27 posted:

She left because Rick Berman was doing Joss Whedon style sex pest poo poo. Hope that helps.

It was season 1. Roddenberry and his hangers on like Maurice Hurley were doing the sex pest poo poo, that's why McFadden left. Crosby left cause it was a shitshow and a poo poo show and everyone was telling her it was a dead end that couldn't possibly go anywhere.

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Jabberlock posted:

Were you hurt?

HAH

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Detective No. 27 posted:

Umm, yeah?

Everyone should know this.

The little hologram Tasha should signify early #metoo

Glad that Denise had the stones to tell him to gently caress right off.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Knormal posted:

I'm sure this post would be very interesting but unfortunately I've had sex ever :(

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!

some plague rats posted:

I'm sure this post would be very interesting but unfortunately I've had sex ever :(

Sucks to be you nerd.

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

teethgrinder posted:

One of these recent posts had me look up what a "nacelle" actually was ... I wasn't familiar with the word.

That sent me down a wikipedia rabbithole that had me reading about the De Havilland Comet, the Nimrod, and then reminding me I once saw a Nimrod crash into Lake Ontario.

nimrod

Bogmonster
Oct 17, 2007

The Bogey is a philosopher who knows

I don't know if these make sense or not, I've only ever seen like two episodes of space trak

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

ILL Machina posted:

Sucks to be you nerd.

If I'd realised that getting laid like it's going out of fashion would leave me unable to care what a nacelle is I would have made different choices, stay in school kids,

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

Phy posted:

Thalidomide is contraindicated for use with pregnant women and starship designers

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

https://twitter.com/GamerSephiroth/status/1383230915707478017

Sardonik
Jul 1, 2005

if you like my dumb posts, you'll love my dumb youtube channel
Three is ok, not great, not terrible.

The real poo poo is One:

I recall some goon once said something along the lines of "If you take it to the beach and flip it over, you can search for a real ship in the sand"

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
The freedom to look like a loving idiot.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

dilithium is stored in the nacelles

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
the federation made a lot of poo poo ships. I think they might be big dumb babies

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.

Very Fast Pigget class

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

I also saw this on reddit earlier

"germans have no sense of humor"
ship from the #3 most notable german sci-fi:

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

FFT posted:

#3 most notable german sci-fi

Damned with the faintest of praise

Here's a meme:

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

That's just the Norway class.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

Memento posted:

Damned with the faintest of praise

Here's a meme:

Poor GGrandpa Joe

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

The man faked being disabled while his daughter in law slaved away at multiple jobs to support a family of six on her own. gently caress Ggrandpa Joe.

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Like to charge, reblog to cast

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

Thinking back to the worst booking decision I can remember prompted me to make this meme.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

:lol:

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
Donald Trump's presidency
and all I got was
this lousy virus

I totally agree with this. I have persistent aches I never had before. I get winded by brisk walks. I've been more depressed than ever. I'm a whole new broken man.

Bibliotechno Music
Dec 30, 2008

flavor.flv posted:

The man faked being disabled while his daughter in law slaved away at multiple jobs to support a family of six on her own. gently caress Ggrandpa Joe.

Charlie’s dad worked at the toothpaste factory screwing the caps onto the tubes, tyvm! And Grandpa Joe was miraculously healed by *tHe PoWeR oF hOpE*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stex T
Mar 7, 2005

Shut the fuck up and get out. Have fun being a slave of the rich and powerful.

Hellblazer187 posted:

Thinking back to the worst booking decision I can remember prompted me to make this meme.

No, because Brock Lesnar beating Undertaker would have re-destroyed society.