Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
poll
This poll is closed.
answer 1 9 8.33%
answer 2 15 13.89%
answer 3 48 44.44%
answer 4 36 33.33%
Total: 108 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Roach Warehouse posted:

I have 10 days off work and just finished 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim. Gotta figure out what to play next.

Any recent switch or PS4 gems the thread loves?

SaGa Frontier Remastered
Astro Aqua Kitty

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Roach Warehouse posted:

Do you mean other than MonHun

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Roach Warehouse posted:

I have 10 days off work and just finished 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim. Gotta figure out what to play next.

sonic the hedgehog [2006]

i just finished sonic's story and tbh my biggest problem with it (besides the human princess love interest) is that the camera is determined to focus on the ground whenever you land. mach speed is actually kinda fun? i can definitely see how it lays the building blocks for the boost games. you just have to accept that while most games are about being in control, sonic 06 is about coping with not being in control

Rookoo
Jul 24, 2007
Wasn't 100% sure on which thread to ask in, but what's the state nowadays of streaming games from PC to a smartphone/tablet ? I seem to remember it being a bit laggy but it was several years ago I last tried it. Would just be using one of those dualshock 4 phone mount thingys to control the game.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Rookoo posted:

Wasn't 100% sure on which thread to ask in, but what's the state nowadays of streaming games from PC to a smartphone/tablet ? I seem to remember it being a bit laggy but it was several years ago I last tried it. Would just be using one of those dualshock 4 phone mount thingys to control the game.

I tried using Steam Link a couple of times. If you have really good wifi penetration it's probably fine. I was able to play turn-based games but wouldn't want to do anything requiring twitch-reflex precision

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Heh, Google Stadia............

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

most actiony thing I can stand to play on steam link is ff14, but it's great for vns and strategy games and poo poo

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

if anyone wants to watch me cart repeatedly to monsters I supposedly "can beat" while I play dress up I'm playing monster hunter at http://twitch.tv/wuggsybogues

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

Larryb posted:

Apparently in the Switch version they got around that by just making your partner completely invincible, not sure if they’re still playable though or if you just control Neku while your partner is an AI.

But the Switch is too big for me to comfortably play the game with just my fingers. I wish they would have added button controls in as an option.

There are two gameplay modes.

In undocked/single mode, you control Neku while your partner is a glorified attack pin. When docked you can use co-op mode to have the partner on screen at all times with three exclusive attack pins, but they're invincible.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Thats awful. There's a lot of uniqe and cool things about TWEWY but the unique dual screen battle system is one of the coolest. How do you even deal with the taboo noise?

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

Gaius Marius posted:

Thats awful. There's a lot of uniqe and cool things about TWEWY but the unique dual screen battle system is one of the coolest. How do you even deal with the taboo noise?

The light puck has now been replaced with cross combos, you have to hit a taboo noise with a partner and Neku attack at the same time to deal damage.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Taboo Noise is the erudite way to say "Gamer Words"

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I tried using Steam Link a couple of times. If you have really good wifi penetration it's probably fine. I was able to play turn-based games but wouldn't want to do anything requiring twitch-reflex precision
depends on what you mean by that precision, because if you mean fighting games obviously not. but i played through Dandara, Recursed, Owlboy, Treasure Adventure World, and Kunai over Steam Link fine

main issue is just dealing with wifi interference, which happens in a major city. it's annoying. if there's no interference then it's all good

Weedle
May 31, 2006

i tried ps4 remote play to my phone but it could barely stay connected long enough to navigate the main menu. i blame the lovely gateways that
at&t has forced people to use for the past twenty years

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Those are some games I wouldn't want to play on the Steam Link, even with a green signal doing platforming felt bad even if the input lag was nominal.

Action games with no precision like an Assassin's Creed are probably fine, I guess that's why Stadia used it as their testbed

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

if the input lag is below 100ms i'm usually fine. i'm not that sensitive to it

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I put a potato in the oven to bake except I forgot when I started...

Weedle
May 31, 2006

13 sentinels: ei sekigahara is the dumbest motherfucker alive. waving a gun around on a public street and then running from the cops back to the place where you shot a lady. world’s(?) most inept time-traveling(?) artificial intelligence(?)

Weedle
May 31, 2006

i guess i didn’t realize until now that when you “consider” an inventory item they’re literally taking it out of their pocket to look at it and it’s not just a visual representation of what they’re thinking about

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

Roach Warehouse posted:

gnosia's pretty good, if you haven't already played that and like social deduction games

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Weedle posted:

i guess i didn’t realize until now that when you “consider” an inventory item they’re literally taking it out of their pocket to look at it and it’s not just a visual representation of what they’re thinking about

Keitaro wishes he had a hemborger to consider...

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Watched 300 for the first time since 2008 or whatever, what a fun, stupid movie I wish didn’t exist

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Jay Rust posted:

Watched 300 for the first time since 2008 or whatever, what a fun, stupid movie I wish didn’t exist

300 is a real good movie about propaganda and advertising much like the third hunger game film.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I watched the 2001 Tezuka Metropolis movie for the first time tonight, it was very pretty and I’m glad it exists

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Jay Rust posted:

I'm pretty sure I saw this movie but I don't remember a single thing other than the dude being kicked down the hole

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Did you ever watch the sequel, it had naval battles and also the main character had a sex/battle scene with Eva Green

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I am emulating the Japanese tradition (?) of playing Dragon Quest before bed while drinking a cup of milk after a bath...

Except it is a beer after a shower and I'm playing Mortal Kombat 11

Barudak
May 7, 2007

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I am emulating the Japanese tradition (?) of playing Dragon Quest before bed while drinking a cup of milk after a bath...

Except it is a beer after a shower and I'm playing Mortal Kombat 11

This is an inarguable upgrade across the board

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

I've been playing Monster Hunter every night before bed. And also after bed. I have not stopped playing Monster Hunter.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I still have Iceborne to play... why don’t I feel like playing it, games chat thread??

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

It’s hard not to think of better things that could have been accomplished with 1.5 billion dollars than Zach Snyder making bad superhero movies.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Jay Rust posted:

I still have Iceborne to play... why don’t I feel like playing it, games chat thread??

Its been superseded with a new mh op

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

I've been playing Monster Hunter every night before bed. And also after bed. I have not stopped playing Monster Hunter.

:hmmyes:

That might have been three of the most productive monhun hours I’ve had

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Can you skip the cutscenes in Rise

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

I think you can, but they are also short and few.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I heard how bad Ronda Rousey was in this game as an actor (also she shouldn't be in here) but it really is terrible

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
at some point during training in the army they made us watch 300 and write an essay about how it made us feel patriotic

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

It's very strange to me how historical movies always depict Persians as being dark-skinned or vaguely Arab with a little smoky eye when Persians were like, the OG white people. Iran literally means "land of the Aryans," the Caucasus Mountains were smack dab in the middle of the Persian Empire!

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I saw an ad on facebook for this game called Cat Cafe Manager and I wanted to share it because it looks cute. Game's not out yet though and the release date is "Coming soon!"

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1354830/Cat_Cafe_Manager/

FirstAidKite fucked around with this message at 12:28 on Apr 17, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

FirstAidKite posted:

I saw an ad on facebook for this game called Cat Cafe Manager and I wanted to share it because it looks cute. Game's not out yet though and the release date is "Coming soon!"

Drawing the cats without pupils makes them look like freaky horror monsters