Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

its the original bloodsport guys, its not like boxing is some true noble art that we need to protect from celebrities, you're paying people to beat the poo poo out of each other

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

cagliostr0 posted:

There is no low boxing will not sink to

yeah it's great

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

i will box diplo

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
100-plus at least? well gently caress get him in the ring ASAP then

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
In addition to celebrity death match claymation, there was actual celebrity boxing in the late 90's. These new fights are much, much better.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Jack B Nimble posted:

In addition to celebrity death match claymation, there was actual celebrity boxing in the late 90's. These new fights are much, much better.

On my deathbed Fridge Perry vs. Manute Bol will flash before my eyes, and I will embrace the end.

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress
But we're still the best dressed
The rumor is that Diplo will be boxing either Andy Milonakis or Tekashi 6ix9ine on the June 5 Triller event headlined by Teofimo vs Kambosos. Evander Holyfield vs Kevin McBride exhibition is already confirmed to the co-feature. None of these statements are lies.

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

The SituAsian posted:

The rumor is that Diplo will be boxing either Andy Milonakis or Tekashi 6ix9ine on the June 5 Triller event headlined by Teofimo vs Kambosos. Evander Holyfield vs Kevin McBride exhibition is already confirmed to the co-feature. None of these statements are lies.

Lmao!

Hollandia
Jul 27, 2007

rattus rattus

Grimey Drawer

LobsterMobster posted:

The guy walking past with the camera certainly has "boyfriend checking out passing lady while girlfriend looks upset" stock photo energy

Also looks like Nicky Ryan.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Was in the shower today and had a vision of Jake Paul fighting ODLH later this year

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

cagliostr0 posted:

There is no low boxing will not sink to

Yes, the sport that at one time advertised men vs kangaroos as actual boxing matches has sunk to new and imaginative lows.

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries
What the hell am I watching

Macksy
Oct 20, 2008
So glad boxing decided what it needs is their own fight circus.

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe

willie_dee posted:

What the hell am I watching

no really will what the gently caress are we watching

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

kimbo305 posted:

Here's what Michael Buffer thinks:

I love comfy shoes Michael Buffer.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

this is the best boxing event I've ever seen

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

the stream I'm watching is playing other music and has a dancing cat in the corner.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

SuppressdPuberty93 posted:

the stream I'm watching is playing other music and has a dancing cat in the corner.

Ah. Only a connisuer demands the full experience. Bravo.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

I don't know if I've been as drunk as ODLH is here

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011

Jump King posted:

I don't know if I've been as drunk as ODLH is here

They need to cut his mic. Good lord

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe
good to see Frank Mir not have too much more head trauma. i thought he looked better than i was expecting. i thought he might have won 2 rounds. that said,

seeing him in the ring with the D'Amelio sisters is currently causing me to dissociate

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
who was mir fighting again?

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Marching Powder posted:

who was mir fighting again?

Steve "USSR USSA USSAF USS" Cunningham

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

ahahaha a stretcher job. what a sport.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

I just woke up to Justin Bieber singing about Peaches & Weed...I take it I've made it in time for the main event?

/edit: this panel is stoned, drunk and/or on SNL? love this shitshow already

Duzzy Funlop fucked around with this message at 05:35 on Apr 18, 2021

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

What the gently caress

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

I cannot stop laughing

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011
We really do live in the dumbest reality

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Haha Funky Ben Askew loving blows

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

I'm so mad I didn't YOLO some money on Jake

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011
Ben Askren in on Snoop Dogg's two million dollar bet? :tinfoil:

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

God dammit.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Ben walks off smiling after getting dropped after a minute, this poo poo was rigged

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
https://streamable.com/xo4gik

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

I guess Askren just wasn't prepared for a one two where the rear hand was a telegraphed haymaker. All credit to Jake Paul: a real fighter.

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress
But we're still the best dressed
Jake Paul's next 5 most likely opponents in what I would think is order of likelihood

1) Dillon Danis
2) KSI
3) Conor McGregor
4) Nate Diaz
5) Georges St. Pierre.

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

Marching Powder posted:

I guess Askren just wasn't prepared for a one two where the rear hand was a telegraphed haymaker. All credit to Jake Paul: a real fighter.

It was the same combo back to back, too

What the gently caress, Ben.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

I mean credit to Jake he can throw a loving punch

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Jump King posted:

I mean credit to Jake he can throw a loving punch

Watching that as a non boxing fan it looks like Jake was going extremely hard and Ben didn't even know how to block or use his arms as a boxer. For a second it looked like Ben thought it was an mma match where he'd grab the arm or something.

Good on the Paul brothers if they can keep getting wins over what looks like people who literally aren't training for a boxing match in the slightest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cigar Aficionado
Nov 1, 2004

"Patel"? Fuck you.
Jake Paul can punch! Will be interesting to see the next event against a youtube guy or a washed up pro athlete.