Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Alectai posted:

I don't think that's what they said?

I think what they said though is that "Library of Ruina is about Angela, Roland, and how the City makes them both monsters". We haven't seen the last of the Library--but the narrative no longer centers around them seems to be what they're trying to get across?

QnA posted:

As for "moving on from L Corp's story", we meant that the Sephirot and Angela will not be featured as main characters in future titles. The pillar of Light featured throughout *Lobotomy Corporation* and *Library Of Ruina* will continue to play a pivotal role.

I don't know if they meant "as the protagonists" or "as major characters" but either way it's kind of a let down, I sort of expected Angela's big speech about how she wanted to take revenge on the head would lead to something instead of not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

I took it to mean they're not going to be the main characters in least the next two games they're already working on.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Robindaybird posted:

I took it to mean they're not going to be the main characters in least the next two games they're already working on.

I hope so, but time will tell. "Future titles" makes it sound like, "ever again".

The new credits not having theme 02 and the happy CGs sucks, those were some of the best parts. I liked having the library theme on the main menu instead of the original ominious ambience too.

Man, that sucks.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!
I presume they'll show up as recruitable/side characters, but the story won't center around them. The easiest comparison that comes to mind (as crude as it is) would be the Rance games, where former main characters from previous games in the long-running series can show up to help out with whatever the current adventure is, but don't really get a lot of focus in comparison with the current main cast (even if, gameplay-wise, they blow everyone else out of the water). And the gameplay of the series has changed to reflect how many people can show up, with the one that just got translated expecting you to have a roster of at least 15 people ready due to how fatigue attrition in dungeons works. With both 2 and B both involving you managing large groups of Fixers, I'd be surprised if something similar doesn't happen with the L-Corp crew.

And if LobCorp 2 does focus on the Wing that got yeeted out of the City by the Head I'd be very surprised if Angela/Roland/Geburah/Binah don't have at least a minor part to play in the story.

GilliamYaeger fucked around with this message at 21:31 on Apr 17, 2021

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

(I am a little unclear about spoiler policies ITT, btw, now that we have reached the point that we've reached in the series.)

I am 100% certain that it just means we won't be playing directly as them and their PoV, but they will absolutely be showing up. Almost like the difference between Angela/Ronald and the rest of the Sephirotim in LoR; they were there but the story wasn't theirs, it was Ronald/Angela's. Which is fine to me, because while their role in the larger narrative is clearly not done their own personal arcs more or less are. So they'll probably show up and support/impact the narrative of new protagonists the same way the Sephirotim do in LoR.

Also with the entire district yeet'd it pretty much perfectly sets up the district management game, since an entire district is now just empty space. I'll be really surprised if that's not the set-up for it, the same way the collapsed LobCorp branches were setup for the dungeon-crawler.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Thinks are finally starting to click for me. Got frustratingly close to actually beating what I hope is the end of the train arc. I just ran out of steam at the very end with only tomerry and one tonwsfolk left.

Edit: And I managed to beat it. The most frustrating thing about the game is that the story is engaging that I want to just plow through it all but I also need to take my time or else I will just get wrecked when the difficulty level goes up.

Hunt11 fucked around with this message at 04:46 on Apr 19, 2021

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Well just ran into an old friend with Tiphereth and this fight is something else.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....

Hunt11 posted:

Well just ran into an old friend with Tiphereth and this fight is something else.

Yeah, that one's a doozy. Have fun :v:

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
sotto voce tiph's floor is worthless anyways, if you can backburner it you probably should

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012
I'm pretty hard stuck at Blue Reverberation/R corp.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Aumanor posted:

I'm pretty hard stuck at Blue Reverberation/R corp.

As in the first with 4 cogs?

Uncle Khasim
Dec 20, 2009

In the first Blue Reverberation + Church of Gears fight, he leaves at 50% HP. I also scraped in my the skin of my teeth but that was before I used Liu pages.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
if you haven't, 100% grab blade lineage's ODA keypage from nightmare. he and yujin are crazy good.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

Reiterpallasch posted:

sotto voce tiph's floor is worthless anyways, if you can backburner it you probably should

Tiph's floor is the most valuable in the game, just because not doing it locks you out of finishing Gebura.

Uncle Khasim
Dec 20, 2009

Is it wrong that I had more trouble with Full Stop Office than Love Town?

Love Town seemed easy enough just by stacking burn damage and card draw, Tomerry achieved almost nothing. Has the fight been nerfed?

Ranged damage on the other hand seemed like complete bullshit. Might go back to it now that I know to bull through it with melee attacks and farm the rest of the pages though.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Looks like the process for the game is to clear a level, grind on it until you have everything possible and can fully max out your gear and then push on to the next one. A cycle that I think I will grow used to if it wasn't for the boss zones which it all a lot more difficult.

SITB
Nov 3, 2012

Reiterpallasch posted:

Tipereth's floor has no pathetic abno cards, but it does contain the unstoppable Nihil. :v:

SITB fucked around with this message at 10:57 on Apr 20, 2021

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
i guess i'm being a hypocrite here because tiph murdered the everloving poo poo out of argalia 2.0 for me, she hard counters him so easily

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

WonderLab has concluded. I'd be both really OK with the Dungeon Crawl game picking up threads it sets up as well as this being it and the game its own thing. Legit kinda feels like we'll see a continuation of Catt's story in that game, though!

kvx687
Dec 29, 2009

Soiled Meat
I've started Ruina and gotten up to unlocking Yesod, but the mechanics are pretty opaque and I've been mostly just stumbling around so far. I think I've gotten a grasp on the basics but there's still a bunch of things I have questions about-

-Attacks can be intercepted if a third party targets the attacker with a higher speed die, but that just causes them to change their target to the interceptor? I feel like I've seen some odd behavior with failing to redirect targets. What happens if you target someone with the same speed?

-Evade dice stick around if they successfully avoid an attack, do they keep the same number, get rerolled, or what? I saw a lot of the matchsticks in the Scorched Girl fight go from 8 to 7 but that may have been a weird outlier.

-Does stagger damage go off the base damage or the damage dealt- like, if I take a swing at the Scorched Girl will she take stagger damage?

-What's the order of operations for multi-action cards? If I have a card that evades then attacks, and I dodge an attack, do I attack and/or dodge the follow up?

-Do unused evades/armor last beyond the card used if another attack occurs in the same round, or do they only last for a single clash?

-Is there any way to see an Abnormality's deck? I haven't seen any consequences for failure so far but it was a little annoying throwing myself against Scorched Girl three times because I couldn't remember what weaknesses they had.

-If both sides attack each other on the same action, does the higher raw roll goes through and then inflicts damage and stagger based on the weakness, or do resistances affect the roll as well?

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.

kvx687 posted:

I've started Ruina and gotten up to unlocking Yesod, but the mechanics are pretty opaque and I've been mostly just stumbling around so far. I think I've gotten a grasp on the basics but there's still a bunch of things I have questions about-

-Attacks can be intercepted if a third party targets the attacker with a higher speed die, but that just causes them to change their target to the interceptor? I feel like I've seen some odd behavior with failing to redirect targets. What happens if you target someone with the same speed?

-Evade dice stick around if they successfully avoid an attack, do they keep the same number, get rerolled, or what? I saw a lot of the matchsticks in the Scorched Girl fight go from 8 to 7 but that may have been a weird outlier.

-Does stagger damage go off the base damage or the damage dealt- like, if I take a swing at the Scorched Girl will she take stagger damage?

-What's the order of operations for multi-action cards? If I have a card that evades then attacks, and I dodge an attack, do I attack and/or dodge the follow up?

-Do unused evades/armor last beyond the card used if another attack occurs in the same round, or do they only last for a single clash?

-Is there any way to see an Abnormality's deck? I haven't seen any consequences for failure so far but it was a little annoying throwing myself against Scorched Girl three times because I couldn't remember what weaknesses they had.

-If both sides attack each other on the same action, does the higher raw roll goes through and then inflicts damage and stagger based on the weakness, or do resistances affect the roll as well?

In order...

-same speed doesn’t redirect, the rest of this sentence is accurate.

-evasion dice get rerolled if they win

-Stagger damage is calculated off of the base roll and is a separate category, all hits deal both stagger and hp damage, and some passives or resists only affect one or the other

-depends. For most normal clashes, dice go from top to bottom, and a die that rolls multiple times like evade will roll until beaten (or it clashes with a defense die of some kind) before moving on to the next one. For ranged vs melee clashes, the successful melee dice will go to the back of the queue after blocking a ranged attack.

-if unused, defensive dice go into a queue that will be used against one sided attacks for the remainder of the round. At end of turn, this is cleared out and the dice are lost.

-not to my knowledge.

-I’m not sure how multiple dice with the same speed pan out in terms of turn order, but I think this is about offense vs offense clashing? If so, the higher raw roll goes through and THEN damage is calculated based on resistances. Enemy resistance doesn’t matter in the clash, only in any damage after.

I think that’s everything you were wondering?

Memnaelar
Feb 21, 2013

WHO is the goodest girl?
Is there any place where one can get a concise lore dump for LC and LOR? I feel like my play of LOR is disjointed enough to where I'm not picking up the big picture and I don't see myself getting back to LC in the short-term...

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....

Memnaelar posted:

Is there any place where one can get a concise lore dump for LC and LOR? I feel like my play of LOR is disjointed enough to where I'm not picking up the big picture and I don't see myself getting back to LC in the short-term...

You mean something like this?

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2098034966

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.

just make sure to keep the line Some of the info here is my own interpretations on the lore, and may or may not be correct. in mind when reading, but it's a pretty decent lore dump overall.

kvx687
Dec 29, 2009

Soiled Meat

TeeQueue posted:

In order...

-same speed doesn’t redirect, the rest of this sentence is accurate.

-evasion dice get rerolled if they win

-Stagger damage is calculated off of the base roll and is a separate category, all hits deal both stagger and hp damage, and some passives or resists only affect one or the other

-depends. For most normal clashes, dice go from top to bottom, and a die that rolls multiple times like evade will roll until beaten (or it clashes with a defense die of some kind) before moving on to the next one. For ranged vs melee clashes, the successful melee dice will go to the back of the queue after blocking a ranged attack.

-if unused, defensive dice go into a queue that will be used against one sided attacks for the remainder of the round. At end of turn, this is cleared out and the dice are lost.

-not to my knowledge.

-I’m not sure how multiple dice with the same speed pan out in terms of turn order, but I think this is about offense vs offense clashing? If so, the higher raw roll goes through and THEN damage is calculated based on resistances. Enemy resistance doesn’t matter in the clash, only in any damage after.

I think that’s everything you were wondering?

Yes, that all makes sense. Thank you! I'm liking the game so far but it could really use more documentation.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
an updated tutorial was on the to-do list after the story end and before the final launch, though the clusterfuck around the ending might have pushed that back a bit.

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

TODAY'S GONNA BE A GOOD MOTHERFUCKIN' DAY!!!

kvx687 posted:

Yes, that all makes sense. Thank you! I'm liking the game so far but it could really use more documentation.

I wish I could keep Quick Mode off; clicking through every dice roll helped me understand more about how this system works.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Kester has a fifth abno now.

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

Lp reminds me of some poor gently caress I know who somehow managed to get Burrowing Heaven and Schadenfreude on the same side of Central.

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

I'm honestly a little confused by events since the LoR ending update, was today's patch's content always on the cards or is it specifically damage control over the bizarre freak-out (some, loud) people had? I ask because I now seem to remember them saying the final "missing" realization for Keter was the content we got in the ending patch.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

KazigluBey posted:

I'm honestly a little confused by events since the LoR ending update, was today's patch's content always on the cards or is it specifically damage control over the bizarre freak-out (some, loud) people had? I ask because I now seem to remember them saying the final "missing" realization for Keter was the content we got in the ending patch.

They talked about possibly doing DLC, and I suspect what came out today was potential DLC that was put out as damage control. The initial final main update was supposed to be Keter realization/Grand Finale fights after the uninvited guests fight, with what came after just being stuff like balance and more general receptions.

I hope it doesn't shake up PM too badly.

That said: Keter 3 is a jam.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTkxcrBhDSc

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Okay, keter realization is definitely the hardest fight in the game and I am here for it.

Would be nice if more fights were close to that level.

However, I am insanely tired of hearing the LC warning song.

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
Yeah, the same key page builds I used to demolish the Black Silence half of the reception blind got mulched by phase 2; I was not expecting the phases to count as new Acts so decks that have a long ramp seem like a bad idea.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

it sucks how it came about but this update is pretty cool

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

lets hang out posted:

it sucks how it came about but this update is pretty cool

It's legitimately everything I wanted from the ending and the absolute peak of the game.

Oh god though +20 power why gebura help meeee

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

I hope they move the credits back to where they were initially, to be honest, but from what I've heard this is very much worth waiting for. :allears:

CHiRAL
Mar 29, 2010

Anus.
I just want the family pictures back :smith:

Arcvasti
Jun 12, 2019

Never trust a bird.
Dang the new Keter Realization is brutal. Thank god that each phase counts as a separate Reception, because it took me like a dozen tries to beat any one of them. Well ok besides the third one, that one was hilariously easy. Still haven't nailed down how to approach that last fight though, they keep hammering me with like +10 power attacks. Maybe I need to be anxious so the hands stop hitting me so hard?

Reiterpallasch posted:

Yeah, the same key page builds I used to demolish the Black Silence half of the reception blind got mulched by phase 2; I was not expecting the phases to count as new Acts so decks that have a long ramp seem like a bad idea.

Yeah old glovesie is super easy in comparison. For the three receptions allowed boss fights I usually have two throwaway floors designed to use bleed/fairy/lots of guns to wear them down before I throw them into the Gebura woodchipper. I almost beat that fight on the first floor and finished them off before ever seeing Gebura.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

CHiRAL posted:

I just want the family pictures back :smith:

Yeah.

Arcvasti posted:

Dang the new Keter Realization is brutal. Thank god that each phase counts as a separate Reception, because it took me like a dozen tries to beat any one of them. Well ok besides the third one, that one was hilariously easy. Still haven't nailed down how to approach that last fight though, they keep hammering me with like +10 power attacks. Maybe I need to be anxious so the hands stop hitting me so hard?

Yeah old glovesie is super easy in comparison. For the three receptions allowed boss fights I usually have two throwaway floors designed to use bleed/fairy/lots of guns to wear them down before I throw them into the Gebura woodchipper. I almost beat that fight on the first floor and finished them off before ever seeing Gebura.

yeah lol, first was like 15 tries, second was 20... third was one.

4th one is just tedious and a bit RNGy since youre screw if you can't get stagger recovery via dodge.

Fifth is either a huge headache or the ultimate unga bunga. If you unga hard enough Smoke + Mark disgorge innards can hit for such obscene damage a mere 9 damage reduction isirrelevant

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mersenne
Oct 9, 2012

Prime Suspect

"Oh...? How amusing. Do try to keep me entertained, ehehe..."

Acerbatus posted:

They talked about possibly doing DLC, and I suspect what came out today was potential DLC that was put out as damage control.
Nah, considering where it fits chronologically, and the fact it fills in one of the biggest narrative holes in the endgame, I'm pretty sure this update was always planned. If anything, I feel like they wanted to save this for the final release where they officially leave early access, but the feedback from last update ended up forcing their hand.